Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I had no idea this was an unpopular opinion, but I have always found Mary to be stunning. A classic beauty. 

No, at least on this board Mary being thought of as stunning is quite popular.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

No, at least on this board Mary being thought of as stunning is quite popular.

My post is not written well. I meant it to say I'm surprised that it is an unpopular opinion. My bad. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

My post is not written well. I meant it to say I'm surprised that it is an unpopular opinion. My bad. 

After I wrote my response I thought maybe this ^^^ was what you meant.  My bad :)

• Love 3
On 1/26/2017 at 1:50 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I am *NOT* a Caila fan. I don't feel the Caila love, never have. I just don't think she's got what it takes. Upstairs or in the bod department. Her dance, to me always looks clunky, to quote the ladies.

Yeah, I don't actively dislike her or anything, but nothing about her stands to me, other than the fact that she often times looks like she's trying really hard. By trying hard, I mean to actually do the dance moves. It just doesn't look like it comes easy for her.

This is probably a really unpopular opinion, but I don't think Kat Dunn is the most beautiful girl ever, like she was portrayed by some of the judges on the show. She's pretty for sure and definitely glamorous, but I've never thought she was that much prettier than everyone else.  

• Love 3

Now, I may be wrong on this, but I think the only person who thinks Kat Dunn is all that is Kat Dunn herself.  I think Kali was SO much prettier so I was pissed that she was cut only to have the far less pretty Kat Dunn, especially since some could claim that their looks are similar.  I can see where people were coming from with the comparison, but Kali was SO much prettier.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Now, I may be wrong on this, but I think the only person who thinks Kat Dunn is all that is Kat Dunn herself.  I think Kali was SO much prettier so I was pissed that she was cut only to have the far less pretty Kat Dunn, especially since some could claim that their looks are similar.  I can see where people were coming from with the comparison, but Kali was SO much prettier.

Good to know. I always thought I was crazy because I've just never thought that she was so much prettier than everyone else where, for example, she should be taken into training camp when her dancing was mediocre at best. 

• Love 2
On 1/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, bigskygirl said:

Ok now that it will let me post...people always say they don't know how Morgan made it.  I'm rewatching season 9 and idk how Ashley Pro made it.  I thought she was a huge dance risk and she had a bad reference?  

• Love 3

DCC hosted competitive Cheer Nationals or something yesterday, I saw some of my fb friends attended the event. DCC posted a video of their exhibition performance on Twitter, It appears that Milan and Little Heather  did the meet and greet! 

To me, Kali hadn't done anything to get herself cut.  It seemed that Kelli and Judy had cut her just to cut her (or they were tired of her for some reason) though I did hear rumors about low kicks.  If Kali's kicks were THAT bad, they shouldn't have had her on the squad in the first place.  As it was, they were taking a HUGE risk on Kat which didn't pan out while Kali was a known quantity who could dance, was gorgeous, and had few to no other issues besides the possibility of bad kicks.   Yet they knocked Taylor out of Training Camp for bad kicks and Taylor blew both girls out of the water in terms of power, performance and everything else, except for possibly looks and we know the bad kicks were the only reason they gave us for Taylor not making it.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

To me, Kali hadn't done anything to get herself cut.  It seemed that Kelli and Judy had cut her just to cut her (or they were tired of her for some reason) though I did hear rumors about low kicks.  If Kali's kicks were THAT bad, they shouldn't have had her on the squad in the first place.  As it was, they were taking a HUGE risk on Kat which didn't pan out while Kali was a known quantity who could dance, was gorgeous, and had few to no other issues besides the possibility of bad kicks.   Yet they knocked Taylor out of Training Camp for bad kicks and Taylor blew both girls out of the water in terms of power, performance and everything else, except for possibly looks and we know the bad kicks were the only reason they gave us for Taylor not making it.

Kali's kicks weren't perfect, but weren't any worse than Brittany Schram's, etc. I think for whatever reason they just didn't like Kali and cut her.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree.  A natural pretty is so much more interesting to look at than a girl with TONS of make-up on, breast implants, etc., etc.  I just find it boring.  Katherine was so much prettier when she had her natural look (she was also 19 so I get that).  I hate that these gals get into pageants and go to extremes to be the pretty they think they should look like instead of what they are.  I thought pageants were supposed to give the contestants confidence.  Anywho....

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2

Here I go...

1) I liked Cassie in her first audition, but less and less later on.  

2) I think Taylor was a great dancer and had great potential to be a DCC but her mouth just ran off.  It's a shame she didn't giver herself a year ortwo and come back a little bit more mature.  Would have liked to have seen that.

3) Season 11 really bugged me because of the random guests that appeared.  Kelli Pickler annoys me with her fake sounding accent and the only real thing she told the girls was to present and say "I am here, I am woman.  Hear me roar."  She absolutely had nothing to offer these DCCs and TCCs. I also saw no reason got the guy from ET (think that's where he's from) to be on the show- TWICE.  WTH.  Pointless.  At least Melissa had the experience of being a DCC and has some real advice to give the girls.

4) I miss seeing some of the vets practicing and getting ready for finals.  I get the point in probably having different nights to prep for the rookie hopefuls and the vets, but I'd like to see what Kitty has to say about some of the vets before they even do finals.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

They wanted her kicks higher and her weight lower.  They might have spoken to her about it.  Who knows?  That HD screen is killer on these girls. Everyone looks fat.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I agree.  A natural pretty is so much more interesting to look at than a girl with TONS of make-up on, breast implants, etc., etc.  I just find it boring.  Katherine was so much prettier when she had her natural look (she was also 19 so I get that).  I hate that these gals get into pageants and go to extremes to be the pretty they think they look like instead of what they are.  I thought pageants were supposed to give the contestants confidence.  Anywho....

Yeah I can't stand Kat Dunn.  She is just a pretty face and really not much more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Mackenize Lee the only one who had issues with low kicks and that got magically resolved? She made it back for 2 more seasons.

The girls who showed her how to get the kicks higher had that issue as well.

I hate it when they brought Taylor, the one who was a racer, into camp KNOWING she wouldn't get her kicks high enough by the end of TC.  And they do that every season.  They know certain girls won't be ready and they lead them on until the last night.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

Here I go...

1) I liked Cassie in her first audition, but less and less later on.  

2) I think Taylor was a great dancer and had great potential to be a DCC but her mouth just ran off.  It's a shame she didn't giver herself a year ortwo and come back a little bit more mature.  Would have liked to have seen that.

3) Season 11 really bugged me because of the random guests that appeared.  Kelli Pickler annoys me with her fake sounding accent and the only real thing she told the girls was to present and say "I am here, I am woman.  Hear me roar."  She absolutely had nothing to offer these DCCs and TCCs. I also saw no reason got the guy from ET (think that's where he's from) to be on the show- TWICE.  WTH.  Pointless.  At least Melissa had the experience of being a DCC and has some real advice to give the girls.

4) I miss seeing some of the vets practicing and getting ready for finals.  I get the point in probably having different nights to prep for the rookie hopefuls and the vets, but I'd like to see what Kitty has to say about some of the vets before they even do finals.

Most people here agree with #3 and #4

• Love 1

On the subject of Kali being cut in Season 8. I rewatched finals, and she seem a little soft on the big screen. I am not saying she looked terrible, but the judges obviously noticed it. In my opinion, I do not think Kelli and Judy were out to find a reason to cut her. Jinelle was almost cut because the judges thought she was too thin until she got on the big screen. I think Kali should have been brought back into TC instead of Chelsea, Morgan, Kaitlyn, and Kathryn Dunn.

You guys are on thin ice here saying Schmathryn Schmunn's name all willy nilly. She's going to go on the Tweetertwatter guns blazing.

J/k I don't care, let's make her Google alert go off so much that is breaks.

• Love 9

Speaking of low kicks, didn't Ashley (from season 8) have embarrassingly low kicks during tryouts? I think Judy pointed it out when she was on the big screen, but I don't think they ever mentioned it again during training camp.

I also agree that I didn't understand Kali's cut. She looked a little soft, but nothing major.  I don't think Kelli and Judy were the ones fighting against her, and frankly I think they should have more clout anyway since they're the ones with the team all year. 

• Love 2
On 1/13/2017 at 5:33 PM, bigskygirl said:

Raising hand to say I did not care for the extra episodes since they were more of the same ole rinse, lather, repeat. The swimsuit calendar shoot was painful to watch since they were trying to convince the viewers and fans the shoot happened after the team was announced along with the Pretty Woman boots and string bikinis walking down the runway look.

@bigskygirl I always wondered that! Did they actually shoot the calendar in the spring and add commentary to make it look like they shot it in August? Can you spot any cut veterans in the footage?

I had the feeling Judy was not at all excited about Ashley P. making the team in Season 9. Me thinks there have been other girls she would rather be invited into TC, but she is being outvoted by Kelli and Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

@bigskygirl I always wondered that! Did they actually shoot the calendar in the spring and add commentary to make it look like they shot it in August? Can you spot any cut veterans in the footage?

The calendar shoot is usually in April and before the End of Year Banquet and tryouts. Kelli said 20 vets were going and no rookies were going on the shoot. I am sure there were heavy duty editing to make sure the five cut vets were not shown.

I think Chelsea Chaney getting called in for "weight" was total BS. When she was cut and was shown walking out of the office, SHE HAD SIX PACK ABS! 

While some on this board find current DCC Bess forgettable, I love her and think she's gorgeous. 

I really like Cassie and love seeing posts of her kids (they're a-freaking-dorable).  

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

I actually watched that today.  Kelly tells the girls at the beginning that they bought 20 plane tickets.  Then when they are in Mexico, she makes a comment about 25 girls on the shoot.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The calendar shoot is usually in April and before the End of Year Banquet and tryouts. Kelli said 20 vets were going and no rookies were going on the shoot. I am sure there were heavy duty editing to make sure the five cut vets were not shown.

Super heavy duty but someone messed up and said that 25 girls were in the fashion show. No Bueno. I was looking hard to see if I could spot the cut ones hahaha 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Super heavy duty but someone messed up and said that 25 girls were in the fashion show. No Bueno. I was looking hard to see if I could spot the cut ones hahaha 

Watching season 7, episode 9 right now (thank you Amazon Video) and at 5:57 in, you can see Alyssa Torres on the far left when they're checking into the resort. Then at 12:35, Kelli talks about "when all 25 girls will be modeling swimsuits." Yes, I had to see it for myself! Thanks @bigskygirl for the info!

To keep on topic, I think that the judges should have cut Hannah at auditions if they were so concerned about her weight. I love her as a dancer but why bring her in if it's so obvious and you didn't even want to give her a solid chance to loose the weight? 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 4

My hope is that they gave Hannah a strong warning after auditions and told her that they let her through and they HAD to see progress. If not, it sucks to let her in without saying anything and then were surprised when she hasn't lost any weight. 

ETA I saw Jennifer and Hannah as the superstars of their rookie class. I just knew they were going to be leaders in their 4th/5th years. Such a shame, Hannah was great. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I think Chelsea Chaney getting called in for "weight" was total BS. When she was cut and was shown walking l out of the office, SHE HAD SIX PACK ABS! 

While some on this board find current DCC Bess forgettable, I love her and think she's gorgeous. 

I really like Cassie and love seeing posts of her kids (they're a-freaking-dorable).  

I've wondered about that too because Kitty calls out certain vets and Chelsea wasn't one of them.  I have wondered if Kelli wanted a reason to get rid of Chelsea for another reason and that's how she handled it.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks its interesting how much the assistant that works for Kelli and Judy, shes the one who usually calls the girls when they are going into the office, has changed?  She used to look really frumpy and no make up and in the last few seasons she is wering nicer clothes and trendy hair and makeup.

I love that they finally explained the reason behind the DCC Barbies.  Always wondered why girls got those during the first meeting.

2 hours ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

I've wondered about that too because Kitty calls out certain vets and Chelsea wasn't one of them.  I have wondered if Kelli wanted a reason to get rid of Chelsea for another reason and that's how she handled it.

All it takes is one bad apple to upset the apple cart--whatever that person may be doing to cause whatever unrest that appeared to be there.  Like Barney Fife said--you gotta nip it in the bud.

19 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

My hope is that they gave Hannah a strong warning after auditions and told her that they let her through and they HAD to see progress. If not, it sucks to let her in without saying anything and then were surprised when she hasn't lost any weight. 

ETA I saw Jennifer and Hannah as the superstars of their rookie class. I just knew they were going to be leaders in their 4th/5th years. Such a shame, Hannah was great. 

Yeah I thought for sure Hannah would be point girl, pro bowl girl, etc. etc.  She's articulate, pretty and such a great dancer.  Totally thought it was BS they didn't give her mom time to lose the weight.  She looks no worst than megan does now.  Well, she showed them!  She looks amazing and clearly the weight is soooo not an issue.  That was my most maddening cut!

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah I thought for sure Hannah would be point girl, pro bowl girl, etc. etc.  She's articulate, pretty and such a great dancer.  Totally thought it was BS they didn't give her mom time to lose the weight.  She looks no worst than megan does now.  Well, she showed them!  She looks amazing and clearly the weight is soooo not an issue.  That was my most maddening cut!

AGREE.  Will forever be upset about the Hannah cut. 

• Love 8

Have any of y'all seen this "Dr. T and the Women" movie? I'm tempted to watch it just because of the DCC connection. So funny to see Kelli herself make an appearance, and asking Kate Hudson to come see her in her office no less. I'm assuming the other girls in the locker room are real DCCs since Kelli is in this.

Kelli said Hannah's weight was going up and down during her first year when she was called into the office the first time. I think Judy and especially Kelli was not happy with Hannah's weight issue, plus the fact numerous one year vets were being called out or cut for weight issues since Season 7. I also think Charlotte got on Kelli and Judy's case about one year vets and their weight gain issues again in Season 9. To be honest about it, I would rather see Hannah and certain vets with weight issues get a second chance than girls like Vivian, Breelan, Ashley P., Morgan or Kaitlyn from Season 8 make it into TC or make the team.

And can we take a moment to remember that Kelli ran into Hannah out and about this summer and DID NOT RECOGNIZE HER. I still can't get over that.  Whether it was being petty or she just truly forgot who she was...WOW.  I can't even.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

And can we take a moment to remember that Kelli ran into Hannah out and about this summer and DID NOT RECOGNIZE HER. I still can't get over that.  Whether it was being petty or she just truly forgot who she was...WOW.  I can't even.  

What? Where you there for this?

6 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Have any of y'all seen this "Dr. T and the Women" movie? I'm tempted to watch it just because of the DCC connection. So funny to see Kelli herself make an appearance, and asking Kate Hudson to come see her in her office no less. I'm assuming the other girls in the locker room are real DCCs since Kelli is in this.

Filmed with the DCC current that season ('99) and Kate Hudson. You've mentioned Sarah Shahi somewhere on here. This was filmed during her rookie season, which she did not complete. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I remember this when it popped up in a thread last summer. I still can not believe Kelli did that. Wow. 

Personally, I think Kelli did that on purpose. Which leads me to believe that Hannah's cut was motivated by something more than an 11 pound weight gain.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I remember this when it popped up in a thread last summer. I still can not believe Kelli did that. Wow. 

Personally, I think Kelli did that on purpose. Which leads me to believe that Hannah's cut was motivated by something more than an 11 pound weight gain.  

Yeah, I could see her doing it on purpose too; both ways it's sad. *eyeroll* 

• Love 3