Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Annette said:

We all must be careful with social media not just the DCC.  These young women are suddenly thrust into the public eye, many of them very naive.  I sincerely hope that the Cowboys organization would clear up & then block those who are obviously off their collective rockers!

I recently changed hair stylist after 3 years.  I called this person up & explained why I was unhappy and needed a change.  She seemed quiet but fine. 2 days later my sh*tstorm began. Constant comments on Facebook & Instagram. Passive aggressive stuff which I responded to and once again..she answered "normally" IMO.  Over the weekend ,  she officially lost her mind; barraging me with endless insults beginning at 11 pm thru 2am.  I've had to block this person but WTF?!?  I'm 52 & completely shocked.

Each & every one of us need to be careful with the amount of social media in our daily lives .  I am convinced that there are many folks among us suffering from various forms of personality disorder and mental illness. These people now have a more direct ability &/or means to harass & pester their "victims".

I have many acquaintances who “ghost” instead of doing what you did.  Maybe next time. You don’t owe a vendor/tradesman an explanation when you choose to work with someone else.

I wish they added in the music, it would make it so much better but I think insta copyrighted the song and videos can't have it anymore?

Yeah, someone posted. Happy that she is happy.  I wish reporters would stop focusing on their subjects looks/what they are wearing and just have an intelligent conversation. I think Sydney is capable of that. Entertainment journalism can be better than this.

• Love 4

Oh please, if you want to know what the judges want and what is expected of you - just read these boards:)  And watch all 11 seasons of MTT.

Of course, you will still have the ones surprised that they have to look good in the uniform, perform a jump split and know the head coach and general manager:/

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh please, if you want to know what the judges want and what is expected of you - just read these boards:)  And watch all 11 seasons of MTT.

This is honestly not too far off what they tell you at prep classes/kitty's classes throughout the year. this year the election will probably have "trick" questions. Everyone will know trump is the president but a judge might phrase a question "who was the 2016 president elect?" Or "who won the popular vote?" And possibly something along the lines of his policies and the opinions of protesting. Should be interesting.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/dcc-prep-classes

Prep classes are getting a promotion along with their new dance studio, mock auditions included as well as advice on introductions and interviews? Interesting. The competition next year might be even tougher than we've seen. 

Very interesting how they're changing up the prep sessions this upcoming season. Hmmm, I wonder if CMT will film some of it? Would be interesting to follow some potential TCCs through prep classes in to auditions and on to TC. Whaddya say, CMT? Indulge us :)

Now if they'd just let the Guffman group be guest fan judges...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

This is honestly not too far off what they tell you at prep classes/kitty's classes throughout the year. this year the election will probably have "trick" questions. Everyone will know trump is the president but a judge might phrase a question "who was the 2016 president elect?" Or "who won the popular vote?" And possibly something along the lines of his policies and the opinions of protesting. Should be interesting.

I could see those types of questions stumping a lot of girls. I'm sure they'll ask who were the two candidates since it wasn't really set in stone back last May.

5 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Very interesting how they're changing up the prep sessions this upcoming season. Hmmm, I wonder if CMT will film some of it? Would be interesting to follow some potential TCCs through prep classes in to auditions and on to TC. Whaddya say, CMT? Indulge us :)

They used to do more extensive intros with the candidates.  Season 2, the 2007 season, we were introduced to every girl who made camp (maybe 1 girl wasn’t interviewed), met candidates who didn’t make camp as well as had camera time with a few vets. They were great first and second episodes.  As a viewer, you kind of knew everyone and now were ready to see how your favorites were going to do in camp. Sigh. I miss that kind of editing.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, PBSLover said:

They used to do more extensive intros with the candidates.  Season 2, the 2007 season, we were introduced to every girl who made camp (maybe 1 girl wasn’t interviewed), met candidates who didn’t make camp as well as had camera time with a few vets. They were great first and second episodes.  As a viewer, you kind of knew everyone and now were ready to see how your favorites were going to do in camp. Sigh. I miss that kind of editing.

I miss that, too! You really felt like you knew who the TCCs were. Now it feels like an all out blitz with snippets of a handful here & there. They tend to pick 2 or 3 to really focus on, which sometimes isn't so great, especially when you don't particularly care for that TCC (ahem, Morgan, ahem).

• Love 4

I am watching Timeline on the NFL Network right now and they are running a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders special.  I’m at the end so...I will see if it is repeated.

It’s a Dallas Cowboys special. I just tuned in to when they did a history of the cheerleaders.  Nothing we haven’t seen before.

Edited by PBSLover
On 12/2/2016 at 0:00 AM, PBSLover said:

I am watching Timeline on the NFL Network right now and they are running a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders special.  I’m at the end so...I will see if it is repeated.

It’s a Dallas Cowboys special. I just tuned in to when they did a history of the cheerleaders.  Nothing we haven’t seen before.

Please let us know if it comes back on.  I would love to see it!

5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And THAT'S the power of a great injectionist/plastic surgeon/medical esthetician. If ya can't pay for a good one, don't do it at all. 

From what I hear, you are correct!

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

So most of show group, minus a few and added a few non show group.

I believe all of them are in show group, though not sure about Stephanie and Jessika . If not then others probably just weren't available. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I believe all of them are in show group, though not sure about Stephanie and Jessika . If not then others probably just weren't available. 

Steph and Jessika aren't, and they're missing quite a few members. Claire, Kelli, Maddie, Jinelle, Amy T, and Jenna.

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Well, I did think it was odd. She was on the squad with Kelly and Tina Kalina AND Shelly Bramhall and nobody "liked" or commented on her twitter updates. But then, maybe they reached out personally instead of on social media. I would surely hope so. I mean, they're constantly talking about it being this "lifetime sisterhood". This would be a good time to be sisterly.  Jenna retweeted something kind about needing prayers (of course). Poor gal. And she was coming back from doing CHARITY work!!

The girls did a dance just for the little girl. Nothing special, but sweet nonetheless. 

28 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/12/13/dcc-participate-moving-cities?sf46455876=1

Final result of the Moving Cities project the girls got to be a part of - they're shown between 2:36 and 2:52. 

Girls featured:

IMG_0738.PNG

Wonder if the "Cowboy" part bugs them. *snerk*

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Steph and Jessika aren't, and they're missing quite a few members. Claire, Kelli, Maddie, Jinelle, Amy T, and Jenna.

Yeah, I know show group does most off field performances but I don't feel like it's exclusive to just them(USO tours), they were probably busy or maybe K&J wanted to include girls who were more visual/not retiring?

Edited by HowdeeDo
26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah, I know show group does most off field performances but I don't feel like it's exclusive to just them with (USO tours), they were probably busy or mayb K&J wanted to include girls who were more visual/not retiring?

Not sure about the thought process, seems odd that they just picked random people unless they thought these were the most charismatic?

21 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

VERY sweet of them!!

Very nice thought but the snarky person inside of me is thinking it's slightly weird to have such a perky message and big smiles (with dance) for a sad situation like this.  Isn't the little girl still in a coma?  Maybe it's just me ... I appreciate the good intention and thought behind this though

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Very nice thought but the snarky person inside of me is thinking it's slightly weird to have such a perky message and big smiles (with dance) for a sad situation like this.  Isn't the little girl still in a coma?  Maybe it's just me ... I appreciate the good intention and thought behind this though

Nope, I thought the same thing. I guess they did what they could with what they have to offer, but it struck me as odd to dance "for" someone in a coma. 

• Love 1

I did think the same thing ... maybe they wanted to have this ready for when/if the girl is out of the coma. But from what I know from friends who have gone through situations like this, the most helpful/caring action at this point would be something to comfort the relatives who have been spending days at the hospital. Perhaps a gift card to a nearby restaurant, a nice basket of fruit, a comfy wrap to snuggle in while waiting bedside ...

• Love 1
On 12/15/2016 at 6:31 AM, tobeyoungagain said:

On this.. I think it's hilarious when they do any kind of hospital trip that all they have to hand out is autographed pictures. Like I'm sure this is exactly what the sick child wants.. Not a proper present or anything... The players on the other hand I get as they are more well known. 

• Love 2

Eh, they're a big deal too, especially for a lot of little girls (and boys!) Cheer is crazy popular in Texas and I imagine a lot of little ones (especially the girls bc it's the south and gender stereotypes and whatnot) would be just as geeked out about the fluffy hair, sparkly vests and pom poms. I know I would have been. I didn't actually care about football in college, but I knew about the DCC! 

• Love 4

I'm sure that the organization or individuals within it who know the family personally have reached out or acted in other ways as well.  This is the South, after all, and down here we make casseroles for folks we hardly know when tragedies or misfortunes strike. (The casserole is an example, of course, not the only way to reach out.) I'm sure this meant a lot to Michelle, and who knows, maybe in some realm, this little girl can hear the music and knows that people are praying for her and trying to lift up her and her family.  Certainly, my thoughts go out to this child and to all the children in the world who are struggling for survival today in so many ways. 

14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Eh, they're a big deal too, especially for a lot of little girls (and boys!) Cheer is crazy popular in Texas and I imagine a lot of little ones (especially the girls bc it's the south and gender stereotypes and whatnot) would be just as geeked out about the fluffy hair, sparkly vests and pom poms. I know I would have been. I didn't actually care about football in college, but I knew about the DCC! 

I agree.  Dalgal214 can also weigh in but I think it is HUGE for the kids.  I loved getting autographs when I was a kid so how fun to have a conversation and get a photo.  The Cowboys organization also brings presents from what I remember.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

We yanks do the same, but we call it 'hot dish', not 'casserole'. Ha!

We middle of the country folks do it too and we also call it a casserole, though here we've also taken to giving restaurant gift cards so the family can make their own meal choices.

The video was cute but did seem a bit odd to me, and since the song was chosen purposely I was a bit bothered that you couldn't hear it as much as you could the poms, too bad they couldn't have recorded from closer to the speaker.

I've heard it called a casserole and a hot dish, it's also not uncommon here for luncheons and pot lucks to be advertised as "bring a covered dish" which typically translates to anything that goes in a casserole dish whether it's hot or not. @QuiteContraryMoni Being that you're from MN, have you ever been asked to "bring bars"? My grandparents lived in northern WI for years and all their Minnesota friends always brought "bars". Didn't know if that was a northern only thing or a statewide term. 

• Love 2

I think these people are so far in denial that their kid is in a coma that they may not be doing things that make sense.  Sometimes it happens when something so hugely overwhelming, that may end horrifically, is happening.  Just something to consider.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Carrying on with your chin up, and living bravely in the face of horrific uncertainty can be seen as suspicious or admirable.

Smiling, getting out there, and actively hoping while your kid's in a coma can be seen as denial or incredibly strong.

DCCs dedicating a dance to a child who loves dance, who is a Junior DCC, and whose mother was a DCC can be seen as an inappropriate gesture or a beautiful tribute.

Clearly, the child can't comprehend what's going on. Just as funerals are for the living, not the dead, perhaps this tribute was intended as a gesture to the family as much as it was to the child.

The DCC credo is 'The Optimist's Creed'. Accepting what's happened and keeping hope alive is all these people have right now. And it's a hell of a lot braver than lying down and shutting down, which is what I probably would have done. The DCCs aren't doctors, they're dancers. This is the gift they could give. It is not my, nor anyone's place to throw in some dollar store psychoanalysis with regard to the family's coping methods, or what the DCCs should have done.

Everything either comes from love, or the need for love. I view these actions as loving and touching and I view the family as unbelievably strong and inspiring.

I shouldn't have posted that article, I never intended for this story to receive criticism.

Love this SO MUCH.  And I'm so glad you posted about the article.  It was a lovely thing for them to have done, and it was good to read about it.

• Love 2

I don't want anyone to think I was criticizing them.  I just wanted to offer them a defense for people who thought it was strange.  God only knows how any of us would act in that situation, and I pray we never have to find out.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, cgloss said:

HAHA WTF why is every photo of her?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/12/18/dcc-buccaneers-vs-cowboys#403801

wish they would stop taking close ups of the girls mid kick, it's not attractive to see their shorts almost not covering themselves.

Edited by heatherrrrz