Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Promos and Possible Spoilers

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

On 2/9/2018 at 5:15 PM, bobbobbob199 said:

Because there are images of Joe F, Joe S, and Adrienne fishing. And they only go fishing in episode 13 (final 3).

And the previews where they have the Rocky Mountain Oysters QF and that reunion with "mystery guests" (a.k.a. family members) (episode 12) shows Joe S, Adrienne, Carrie and Joe F. 

So Chris gets bounced at the end of episode 11 ("Cooking High"), and Carrie gets bounced at the end of episode 12 ("Nut Allergy").

ETA: It seems - from one website at least - that the "fishing episode" is titled "A Little Place Called Aspen" although it is numbered wrongly, probably because they missed the "Cooking High" episode.

Edited by chiaros

A Joe Sasto win would be on par with my personal pick for worst winners, Nicholas Elmi and Jeremy (I didn't watch Hosea's season). After Carrie's elimination the season will be over for me. I am not fond of Joe Flamm or Adrienne either. None of these 3 is a worthy winner, in my opinion (YMMV).

Edited by Norma Desmond
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AAEBoiler said:

I've watched every season and I honestly had to look him up to see who he was. I barely remember him.

LOL, I couldn't remember who Jeremy was while reading this thread.  Had to look him up.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Special K said:

LOL, I couldn't remember who Jeremy was while reading this thread.  Had to look him up.

Wow, I was ready to swear that no one named Jeremy had ever won TC! Even looking him up I barely recognize him! I do recall Nick, also we've given my SIL a gift certificate to his restaurant in Philly.

• Love 1

This is getting extremely speculative but of the final 3, both Joe S and Adrienne follow all 3 finale guest judges on Instagram (Jonathan Waxman, Curtis Duffy, Nancy Silverton), in some cases following them right after Top Chef ended, while Joe F follows none of them, despite having way more instagram followers overall and also following other guest judges. Carrie follows 1 of the 3 (though I do not believe she is in the final 3). I'm predicting Joe Sasto and Adrienne in the finale.

Edited by bobbobbob199
6 hours ago, bobbobbob199 said:

This is getting extremely speculative but of the final 3, both Joe S and Adrienne follow all 3 finale guest judges on Instagram (Jonathan Waxman, Curtis Duffy, Nancy Silverton), in some cases following them right after Top Chef ended, while Joe F follows none of them, despite having way more instagram followers overall and also following other guest judges. Carrie follows 1 of the 3 (though I do not believe she is in the final 3). I'm predicting Joe Sasto and Adrienne in the finale.

Nice work, I hope your hunch is true.  :^)   I am rooting for Adrienne, I have liked her the entire season.  It isn't because I just don't want a Joe to win. 

I will watch the finale even if I catch wind Sasso wins.  I don't dislike him; I watch to see the food even if my favorites aren't there.  I love to cook and have learned a lot of things from this show.  In season 3 Sara made a tomato bread pudding in mini muffin tins and put little dollop of basil cream on top.   It is a perfect hors d'oeuvre that I have made many times.  Tasty, easy and pretty.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, susannot said:

Yum!! Would you share that recipe Wings?

1/2 large red onion small dice

5 cloves garlic sliced

1 qt heavy cream

3/4 quart milk

1 1/2 cans tomato paste (ox cans)

3 baguettes with crust diced

10 eggs

bunch of basil chopped very fine

1/2 bunch thyme chopped chopped very fine

8 oz cream cheese

Saute onion and garlic until translucent. Mix in cream. Season to taste.  In blender milk and tomato paste.  In bowl put onion/garlic mixture.  Season to taste.  Add eggs next then bread. Let stand for 45 minutes.  

In other bowl mix cream cheese basil and thyme.  It says to put it through a tamis.  I don't have one so I just mix it very well and push through a strainer.  The idea is to have a little top dollop of green, not white cream cheese with specks of green.   :^)  

This makes a large amount so I cut it in half.  It is important to season each step.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes in mini muffin tins.  I have made this is one large dish, too. 

Edited by Wings

Regarding the final two: now I believe that it is it Adrienne and Joe Sasto (although I really want it to be a Joe-Joe finale).

Online, I found a short video of the first few minutes of the next episode. Adrienne is saying that she is proud of herself for improving since governor's mansion. She said that she is getting better and better...but so is Sasto.

I believe that this particular talking head was one taken from the finale and placed here. Otherwise, I believe that she would have mentioned the other contestants.

Originally, I thought that the Joex2 dinner at Spiaggio the day before the finale was related to the final of two - like a rematch. Now, I just think that Joe Flamm invited the other Joe to his home turf before everything changes the next day when the winner is announced ( JoeStache). I love Joe Flamm.

This plus the Instagram follows of the finale judges plus the dead boring Instagram feeds from these two- it all adds up to Adrienne and Joe S. in the final two.

(Besides, who else's tortellini would be called luminescent?)

• Love 1

I watch for the food, so I never really care who wins/gets bounced, but Ilan and Hosea were pretty infuriating wins. While people may not have liked Nicholas on a personality level, I think his food was always interesting and often outstanding, and he was pretty consistently on the top/praised. Jeremy was one-note, but I found him somewhat likeable. I lump a Sasto in with the likes of the Jeremy one - unremarkable as a cook, but semi-likeable as a person. Although I'm close in age to Joe, so maybe that's why he doesn't bug me. I find his enthusiasm for food shines through, and the fact that he is genuinely excited to cook and compete makes up for the occasional douchey comment. Meh.

Adrienne is more likeable as a person and character, but she's been inconsistent. I find that her win wouldn't feel "earned", because she wasn't the best of the season - it'd feel more like she just cooked the best on THAT day. Also meh. 

I guess this season has felt a 'blah' because no one has really stood out (except for Bruce, but even then he's been inconsistent) as being solid all the way through like the Volts were, Blais, Stephanie, Kristin, Harold, etc. Either the entire cast was so good that it was hard for anyone to differentiate themselves, or they were all mediocre. 

• Love 5

From Bruce's Instagram: I predict that Joe Sasto will be serving "grapefruit pearls" in an upcoming episode.

Bruce posted a photo of himself attempting to make them back in July. Claudette responded, "Joe Sasto, see what you did?" To which Joe S.  responded, "I never thought I would see the day."

Bruce also showed new "Fancy Toasts" that he added to his menu with ingredients like lavender honey and fig, obviously inspired by Carrie.

From Joe Sasto's website: I don't think that he went to culinary school. He has a Bachelor's degree and a ton of on the job training. You can send him a personal note on the contact page. His girlfriend oversees what gets sent to him.

I guess this season has felt a 'blah' because no one has really stood out (except for Bruce, but even then he's been inconsistent) as being solid all the way through like the Volts were, Blais, Stephanie, Kristin, Harold, etc. Either the entire cast was so good that it was hard for anyone to differentiate themselves, or they were all mediocre. 

The House of Carbs podcast discussed this very topic this week and the conclusion was that these are all very nice and likeable characters, but none of them are great cheftestants or chefs. They are all serviceable, but none have really risen to the level of those you named.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, LeighLeigh said:

Regarding the final two: now I believe that it is it Adrienne and Joe Sasto (although I really want it to be a Joe-Joe finale).

Online, I found a short video of the first few minutes of the next episode. Adrienne is saying that she is proud of herself for improving since governor's mansion. She said that she is getting better and better...but so is Sasto.

I believe that this particular talking head was one taken from the finale and placed here. Otherwise, I believe that she would have mentioned the other contestants.

Originally, I thought that the Joex2 dinner at Spiaggio the day before the finale was related to the final of two - like a rematch. Now, I just think that Joe Flamm invited the other Joe to his home turf before everything changes the next day when the winner is announced ( JoeStache). I love Joe Flamm.

This plus the Instagram follows of the finale judges plus the dead boring Instagram feeds from these two- it all adds up to Adrienne and Joe S. in the final two.

(Besides, who else's tortellini would be called luminescent?)

If one goes back to the "first look at season 15" video clip, plus the "still to come on the season" clip – both available on the Bravo TC website  – there is a brief scene of Nancy Silverton making comments at the dining table of what must be the finale meal...and this is immediately followed by a TH of Adrienne being displeased with herself, saying something along the lines of she thought she had found/worked out her taste profile/her way, with a background I don't recall seeing or noticing so far in the season...could it be at the place where the finale is taking place?

Hmm, hmm.

5a903a6c0c2a7_ScreenShot2018-02-22at11_01_02PM.thumb.jpg.17168d16684a74f011d6851a924d656e.jpg

5a903a6fb4725_ScreenShot2018-02-22at11_01_24PM.thumb.jpg.acc66aeb025cef8b7e71a72591911e9b.jpg

• Love 1

Joe Sasto's instagram story pretty much gives away the fact that he is in the final 2, and probably the winner-he is filming Watch What Happens Live, which traditionally the winner (and maybe top 2 but it may be just the winner). Final 2 is Adrienne and Joe S, based on Adrienne struggling in the promo (and the other evidence including instagram follows) there is no way she goes home.

So final 2 Adrienne and Joe Sasto with a slightly higher likelihood for Joe Sasto winning.

Edited by bobbobbob199
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, bobbobbob199 said:

Joe Sasto's instagram story pretty much gives away the fact that he is in the final 2, and probably the winner-he is filming Watch What Happens Live, which traditionally the winner (and maybe top 2 but it may be just the winner). Final 2 is Adrienne and Joe S, based on Adrienne struggling in the promo (and the other evidence including instagram follows) there is no way she goes home.

So final 2 Adrienne and Joe Sasto with a slightly higher likelihood for Joe Sasto winning.

Joe was just the bartender, past years they have had the winner, runnerup as guests and announce Fan Favorite on the WWHL the night of the finale. 

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Joe was just the bartender, past years they have had the winner, runnerup as guests and announce Fan Favorite on the WWHL the night of the finale. 

Is WWHL actually filmed live? Why would he fly all the way to New York to be the bartender?

In any case, I think all the information points to a Joe Sasto Adrienne finale with at least a 2/3 chance Sasto takes it all.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, bobbobbob199 said:

Is WWHL actually filmed live? Why would he fly all the way to New York to be the bartender?

In any case, I think all the information points to a Joe Sasto Adrienne finale with at least a 2/3 chance Sasto takes it all.

Yes, its usually filmed the same day and his ep aired yesterday when he was posting his instasory. Sometimes its actually live because he will read tweets of things on the ep, particularly the after show. When you watch it's prwtty easy to tell.

I don't know that he went only for WWHL he posted another instastory about other things he was doing, i believe it was someobes birthday but that part of the story is gone.

Edited by biakbiak
4 hours ago, LeighLeigh said:

I can only see their Instagram photos. How does one see their Insta-stories? Do you need an Instagram account to see them?

You do. And then if you follow them, their Insta-stories often appear at the top of the feed.  

I started following Chris when he went to the Super Bowl and he seems to be such a sweetie. I’m hoping to go to Butterfunk next month.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

You do. And then if you follow them, their Insta-stories often appear at the top of the feed.  

I started following Chris when he went to the Super Bowl and he seems to be such a sweetie. I’m hoping to go to Butterfunk next month.

OMG.  Order the chicken livers and crawfish hushpuppies for me.  I'd die and go to heaven. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LeighLeigh said:

I can only see their Instagram photos. How does one see their Insta-stories? Do you need an Instagram account to see them?

You know how each IG profile has a photo in a circle? If it has a redish circle around it it means they have an instastory click on the circle photo and you can watch. They automatically  go away after 24 hours or if the person deletes it before that period. They might mght be a series of photos or video or a combination. You dont need an account to watch.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

The only contestant I really was behind was Chris. There isn't anyone who has wowed me with their cooking. I didn't like the distraction of Bruce -- knowing all the judges, the baby, etc. He annoyed me, even though I'm sure he's a nice person and good cook.

Any one of the finalists winning will be a "meh" to me. I don't hate them like Hosea, just find them unremarkable like Jeremy, Nicholas or Kevin.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, jackjill89 said:

The only contestant I really was behind was Chris. There isn't anyone who has wowed me with their cooking. I didn't like the distraction of Bruce -- knowing all the judges, the baby, etc. He annoyed me, even though I'm sure he's a nice person and good cook.

Any one of the finalists winning will be a "meh" to me. I don't hate them like Hosea, just find them unremarkable like Jeremy, Nicholas or Kevin.

OMG, I had forgotten about Kevin. You just completed my holy trinity of unremarkable TC winners. 

After watching the latest episode, where Joe spent 10 minutes talking about his mom, I feel like there's no way he's not the winner. Since he didn't have a "story arc" this entire season, this was it - the 'doing it for my mom' edit, the thing that defines his experience. I have nothing against the guy, but it makes me dislike production for trying to shove him down our throats. "See guys, he's likeable!" "he's a good winner". Barf.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, Sugar said:

After watching the latest episode, where Joe spent 10 minutes talking about his mom, I feel like there's no way he's not the winner. Since he didn't have a "story arc" this entire season, this was it - the 'doing it for my mom' edit, the thing that defines his experience. I have nothing against the guy, but it makes me dislike production for trying to shove him down our throats. "See guys, he's likeable!" "he's a good winner". Barf.

I am rooting for Adrienne.  I have no problem with either Joes, I just really like her and I have chosen her food over others many times. 

It could simply be he had the better story. Sometimes the editors have to go with the most entertaining footage.  Everyone else’s family member was lack luster.  Flams grandmother got a little attention.  That’s all there was! 

9 hours ago, Wings said:

So tomorrow night they have to make a dish for 200 people and one goes.   Next week it is a 3 or 4 course meal for the judges as usual.  Where does catching fish fit in?   No more QFs right? 

Moved from the episode thread. It's tomorrow's ep, so I am thinking one last quickfire.

• Love 1

The preview for next week might have given it away.   The way Padma said, you are Top Chef, seemed like she was speaking to a man.  It was soft and a little sexy-ish.  I hope I am wrong.  I like Flam but Arianne is my girl. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

The preview for next week might have given it away.   The way Padma said, you are Top Chef, seemed like she was speaking to a man.  It was soft and a little sexy-ish.  I hope I am wrong.  I like Flam but Arianne is my girl. 

I'm beginning to suspect the disingenuous edits.  They seemed to really rag on Flamm in the preview, so I agree with you on next week's results.  Although I didn't get any of that from Padma's tone....although I generally ignore her emoting, LOL.

BTW....I sent Cook's D this yesterday, and wonder if you've seen it.  Next season, as you know, is in KY....I ran across a great article yesterday, and it gives me even more reason to want to try to find a way to actually see part of the season, whether in an early season "festival" type challenge, or for a RW episode, etc.  I have to think they'll film part of the season at this place....the history is amazing, and it should be open shortly.  My friend in Lexington (not far away) has already offered me a guest room, and wants to tag along if we can make this all come together. 

4880C95A00000578-5445793-The_Old_Taylor_

484A31C800000578-0-image-a-6_15198315705

Kentucky Season should be fantastic!!

• Love 3

Something I’ve never posted publicly.... Tom and the TC producers do indeed know who a fan favorite is long before the shows air. They pay focus group folks to give them feedback on raw footage we never see. Flamm and Fatima were huge, heavy favorites. Fatima so totally screwed up in LCK that they couldn’t move her forward without questions being raised.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Something I’ve never posted publicly.... Tom and the TC producers do indeed know who a fan favorite is long before the shows air. They pay focus group folks to give them feedback on raw footage we never see. Flamm and Fatima were huge, heavy favorites. Fatima so totally screwed up in LCK that they couldn’t move her forward without questions being raised.

I know Fatima will win fan favorite, that is a lock, especially given her health. 

So I guess Flamm takes this. Shit.

• Love 2

So I guess Flamm takes this. Shit.

I like Joe and not just because he is a fellow Chicagoan (altho he is a Sox fan). I saw him recently at Café Spiagia so, although he said in the episode that he wants to open his own place, he hasn't done it yet.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AriAu said:

I like Joe and not just because he is a fellow Chicagoan (altho he is a Sox fan). I saw him recently at Café Spiagia so, although he said in the episode that he wants to open his own place, he hasn't done it yet.

I like Joe too, I am rooting for Adrienne because I like her a little better, that is all.  It is nice that most of us like F2.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

This is fascinating! Love this. Hopefully Fatima can come back in a future season of All -Stars.

I really liked her on Chopped. I was not surprised that she came back in a Champions episode. 

She will be cooking in April with Bruce and Tyler. Hope she is strong enough.

1 minute ago, LeighLeigh said:

This is fascinating! Love this. Hopefully Fatima can come back in a future season of All -Stars.

I really liked her on Chopped. I was not surprised that she came back in a Champions episode. 

She will be cooking in April with Bruce and Tyler. Hope she is strong enough.

I'm really impressed how her cast-mates and the TC production staff have supported her through this ordeal. 

Wouldn't it be great if they brought her back next year as a QF judge?  I would LOVE to see that.

• Love 2