Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Promos and Possible Spoilers

cooksdelight
  • Start Topic

On 10/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, cooksdelight said:

I am absolutely soooo excited to see two of my friends, Tyler Anderson and Bruce Kalman are on the new season filmed in Colorado!! Bruce is so close to my heart, donating an autographed Alex’s Lemonade chef’s apron to benefit auctions I did for the American Cancer Society. He is da boss!!

http://people.com/food/top-chef-colorado-season-15-premiere-contestants/

I'm so excited too!  I'll root for them for your sake.  My absolute favorite show.

• Love 3

Why did it take me so long to discover the new season was in my backyard?  Not that I can afford to frequent any of the places they filmed, but it's like they were RIGHT HERE and I had no idea. I hate watch Survivor, but I love Top Chef. Can't wait till December. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, cooksdelight said:

I am absolutely soooo excited to see two of my friends, Tyler Anderson and Bruce Kalman are on the new season filmed in Colorado!! Bruce is so close to my heart, donating an autographed Alex’s Lemonade chef’s apron to benefit auctions I did for the American Cancer Society. He is da boss!!

http://people.com/food/top-chef-colorado-season-15-premiere-contestants/

Cooks, you know Tyler?  So do I!  He's the chef/owner of Millwrights in the town next to me.  Hubbie and I have been there many times.  We've attended his Julia Child tribute dinner a couple of times and know the former head waiter there, Jeff, who still works there part time as special events manager.  Also the son of a close friend is the bar manager there.  I found out from him that Tyler was going to be on "Top Chef" and was so excited!  I've never known any of the "cheftestants" on this show and I've been watching since season 1.  This is monumental for me!  I am soooo rooting for Tyler.  He's a really nice person and I love his food.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

So, according to that article, TC premiers on Dec 7th but Last Chance Kitchen premiers on Nov 30th.  How the heck is that supposed to work?

An idiot at the helm of scheduling.

He probably went to Duke. :D

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

So, according to that article, TC premiers on Dec 7th but Last Chance Kitchen premiers on Nov 30th.  How the heck is that supposed to work?

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of contest to win a slot on the show. There are 15 announced contestants which could be because it's the 15th season but that would also be fewer contestants than they normally have. 

• Love 1

the last chance kitchen mini episode is on the bravo app. pretty good. i dont want to spoil to much. it was 4 previous contestants. "fighting" for a spot on the new season. who i was rooting for didnt win :(. go check it out! so excited for this season. last season wasnt great. i mean i enjoyed it, but the returning chefs were just so much better at competing than almost all of the new people. 

43 minutes ago, LizDC said:

Lee Ann, Kwame and Marcel are moving on and Jen, with some ugly platinum-dyed hair, went home. 

Aw, now I'm bummed before the season even starts; Jen was one of my favorites, and I can't stand Marcel.  I really like Kwame, though, both his food and his personality.  I don't remember much about Lee Ann's cooking, since it has been so long.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I like Lee Ann but didn't she work for the show behind the scenes for a while?  Seems a little unfair to have her on after that. 

She last worked for them in Season 4. It’s probably been long enough that there’s no conflict of interest or unfair advantage.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LizDC said:

Lee Ann, Kwame and Marcel are moving on and Jen, with some ugly platinum-dyed hair, went home. 

After seeing how bitter and angry Jen was last time, I'm glad I don't have to deal with her every week in yet another season. This was a third chance, maybe the last one for her.

• Love 4

Jen was down right scary looking, but her meds were much better balanced than when she was on All Stars.

Also looked incredibly skinny...still. Heard she lost 250 pounds of useless fat when she left Mike Isabella's restaurant empire.

She last worked for them in Season 4. It’s probably been long enough that there’s no conflict of interest or unfair advantage.

She was actually doing the behind the scenes set up for 4 or 5 seasons, but again, at this point, that was a long time ago.

Shockingly, Marcel was much less abrasive than usual and he admitted that he put away the chemistry set. I am sure that both things will change sooner or later. And based on his appearance, it would not be a bad thing if his head was shaved.....altho not forcibly.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Jen’s on the Today show right now and yes, her hair is hideous. Tre is also on the same segment, the guy who was removed from the show by Tom after bullying Marcel. First time I’ve seen him on TV since then.

Cliff Crooks was the guy booted for bullying Marcel, not Tre.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

I hate the trend of bringing back former cheftestants. I realize that people want to see old favorites again, and Bravo knows which one will bring the drama, but have an All-Star competition instead. 

I don't mind it if they're just in LCK. I'm assuming there are no veterans in the main show. 

23 minutes ago, Charlesman said:

I don't mind it if they're just in LCK. I'm assuming there are no veterans in the main show. 

5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

No, no returnees in the main show, just someone who will join from LCK at some point.

Thank you both for clarifying this. Clearly, I didn't watch :-) 

Edited by Toothbrush
3 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

Thank you both for clarifying this. Clearly, I didn't watch :-) 

I watched and it wasn't obvious to me until the very end.  I thought the 4 of them were battling for the #16 spot among the regular cheftestants this season.   I wonder if they will keep 4 people competing in LCK the entire time? 

I saw the TC preview earlier today - it's not a season overview it's the first 10 minutes of episode 1.  I didn't hate anyone off the bat. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 1

I just saw a 10 minute "preview" of Season 15 where they show part of the first quickfire and chef contestant Tyler Anderson (whom I know IRL) is quoted saying how it's much harder than it looks - I just hope that doesn't mean he goes home any time soon as I'm rooting for him big time.

• Love 1

LCK is also On Demand, at least on Comcast.  Tom made a face when he tasted Jen's dish, so it was no real surprise that she was the one PYKAG'd.  She did seem much more stable here and I was glad to see that.  Looking forward to a great new season!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

No, no returnees in the main show, just someone who will join from LCK at some point.

I kind of hope it's someone like Kwame. Would be great to see that reaction once they reach the final stages, the last few chefs left, and Tom says "Wonder who's coming back from Last Chance Kitchen? Let's see..." and in walks an established vet. Kwame, or even Marcel, would probably drop a few jaws. 

Not sorry to see Jen go.  I always liked Lee Ann and thought Marcel got a raw deal in his season.  I get that he was a PIA and I absolutely can't stand anyone who says "I'm like" twenty times in one sentence, but, I think he's matured and deserves another shot.  Kwame has a lot of potential, so I'm seeing LCK as being quite the spoiler for this season.  I'm just glad Top Chef is back.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Just FYI myself and several friends noticed that even though we had season passes for Top Chef the first episode wasn' picking up.

What are these "season passes"?

On Uverse my previous instruction to record TC as a series - left over from last season - remains active and it has already scheduled itself to record the new season on DVR, without my doing a thing, and has scheduled the recording for the full duration of the episode, some 1 hr 15+minutes, I believe, all by itself.  It even recorded that "preview" episode without my even being aware that it was being aired.

Edited by chiaros
  • Love 1

OMG what an adorable baby! Congrats to them!!

8 hours ago, chiaros said:

What are these "season passes"?

On Uverse my previous instruction to record TC as a series - left over from last season - remains active and it has already scheduled itself to record the new season on DVR, without my doing a thing, and has scheduled the recording for the full duration of the episode, some 1 hr 15+minutes, I believe, all by itself.  It even recorded that "preview" episode without my even being aware that it was being aired.

Uverse picked it up for us also, but when we had Comcast/Tivo, a couple of seasons were listed in the guide as Top Chef: Whatever City, and Tivo did not recognize our Top Chef <no city> season pass. A season pass is just setting up a show to record until you cancel. Same as Uverse. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Bastet said:

Aw, now I'm bummed before the season even starts; Jen was one of my favorites, and I can't stand Marcel.  I really like Kwame, though, both his food and his personality.  I don't remember much about Lee Ann's cooking, since it has been so long.

She's probably more competent than a lot of the chefs, but she can't deal with the clock! I still muse and laugh at her trying to perform overnight in that museum in an All-Star Breakfast challenge years ago! She was so wiped out that when the judges eliminated her, she hysterically smiled and laughed a little! She just wasn't there in body and mind! She needs perfect conditions with great sous chefs assisting! I'd definitely hire her to run a restaurant I owned! ;-)

Jen brings up the old “rode hard and put away wet” description for me, as she was at one time a very pretty woman. I think, from what I’ve heard, that she hit the alcohol a little more than she should these days. She has not had good luck opening her own place either.

• Love 4