Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

So Sarah is going to hide the child still and not tell Xander. She's no better lying and scheming.   Where's her hiding children moral high ground now? 

So Sarah is going to hide the child still and not tell Xander. She's no better lying and scheming.   Where's her hiding children moral high ground now? 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

If spoilers listed are correct, this thankfully ends soon. As of a spoiler for August 25th. Still, it does suck and is ridiculous. Ron and company write adults like they are in middle school, so also not surprising.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Yeah she's a hypocrite here but considering Xander kept Mackenzie from Eric(before that twist of her being Rachel) he shouldn't be surprised.  While I like Xarah together because they had great chemistry they don't work as a long term couple without one of them changing on a fundamental level. Sarah works better with Rex in that regard and Xander needs someone morally grey like Gwen if she wasn't such a dud of a character.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I think Xander could benefit from a longterm marriage with Sarah. In the end they could still break up for any number of reasons, of course, but if they've made it this far, I say go and commit and tie the knot and have a family. They do sparkle together.

But yeah, Sarah was never going to get much out of the relationship. I like that she's protective over their child...but having an abortion would have been completely reasonable months ago.

I'm not sure how this will pan out but I don't want her with Rex. Kyle L always looks so greasy these days and the character isn't much better. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3

I see Xander and Sarah as being a lot like Nicole and Eric. Xander and Nicole may love the other person, but they will never feel worthy of returned love and will always be trying to make themselves into something they are not, just for the love of another person. And, as often as they try to have another go at Nicole and Eric, it just won't work. One of the last times they broke up said it best - they just don't bring out the best in each other, no matter how much they love each other.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think Xander could benefit from a longterm marriage with Sarah. In the end they could still break up for any number of reasons, of course, but if they've made it this far, I say go and commit and tie the knot and have a family. They do sparkle together.

But yeah, Sarah was never going to get much out of the relationship. I like that she's protective over their child...but having an abortion would have been completely reasonable months ago.

I'm not sure how this will pan out but I don't want her with Rex. Kyle L always looks so greasy these days and the character isn't much better. 

If Sarah is sticking around we know that it's not Rex since KL is going into broadcasting. They could always recast Rex though if that's the path they want to take. 

In the past I wouldn't have wanted her with Rex but I can't see him worse than other male characters on this show if the worst thing he did was cheat and knock up another woman. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I like that she's protective over their child...but having an abortion would have been completely reasonable months ago.

I feel like an abortion would have been stupid as well. Sarah wants children. She's rich. She's an adult. Xander isn't abusive or the devil. She should have just told him and they co-parent. But it's a soap so I understand why they went this way lol.

• Like 6

Someone said in the forum that Paul Telfer said in some interview that Xander was going to start to make more adult choices. Something of that nature.

Perhaps this secret has a shelf life and he and Sarah decide to co-parent. But it being a soap, I can also see them falling back in love because of the baby, and hash things out from there, and decide their path, whatever it may be.

• Like 3

This is super random, but I wonder if they're bringing on Dick Van Dyke to retcon out Yo Ling/Robicheau as John's father.

Apparently Drake and Dick have been pals for years...and the Yo Ling origin was not well-received. (I didn't hate it.)

And didn't one of you say they handwaved the whole plotline recently in a throwaway line or something? Can I get confirmation on that?

I'd prefer he be someone else, an uncle maybe, but with Victor dying maybe they'll give John a new Daddy..?

Very glad Sonny is attending the funeral. Can't wait for him, Theresa and Viv.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh right, she's one of Victor's grandkids. Swamp Fetus, right?

I hope they rebuild the church for this. It warrants it. I want to see all these guests in one place together.

...except without Leo, Gwen, Kristen and especially without Alex or Ben.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Although it's funny they can get all these returns but not Bo? Who actually was willing to return for this too.

Waitwaitwait... Peter was willing to return?!

And they turned him down?!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Thoughts on next Monday's episode:

I was on a break when Theresa was on before but I read a ton of recaps recently so I feel I know her. That said I have no connection to her as a result. I did really like the Victor flashback. 

Xander has shown some growth! He turned down EJ's money and refused to kill Ava. Now it may be because, as he stated, he knows EJ will use this as a way to punish both of them, I think it is more what he initially said, that he will not have another death of his hands. I think he also has the hindsight of knowing that getting involved in another shady deal would lose him his latest relationship. Frankly losing Sarah was the punishment for kidnapping Susan that he deserved

Dick Van Dyke was adorable. They are SO retconning him as John's dad, aren't they?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, how long until someone has to go rescue and bring back Susan? Oh, joy.

I will take Susan over Kristen any day of the week. I don't wish Stacy H unemployment so if Susan is on the show and Kristen is in the woodchipper I'm all for it. Plus I really like Susan with EJ

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes he mentioned it a while back. 

Link please if you have it. I'm stunned by this.

Bo coming out of the coma, returning to Salem, telling Shawn to forgive himself and HEA-ing with Hope would have been a solid end to Victor's passing.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Hey everyone!  I haven't been here in months, since I can no longer easily watch Days.  But I'm been reading some things online which I'd like to see, and am going to ask a friend to record some episodes for me, off of the W Network here in Canada.

Would love to know when to tape the following:

Victor's funeral

Episodes with DVD

• Like 1
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Hey everyone!  I haven't been here in months, since I can no longer easily watch Days.  But I'm been reading some things online which I'd like to see, and am going to ask a friend to record some episodes for me, off of the W Network here in Canada.

Would love to know when to tape the following:

Victor's funeral

Episodes with DVD

DVD starts this Friday September 4. Victor's funeral starts Thursday September 7

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Sorry, but if Friday is Sept. 4, there is no way next Thursday would be Sept. 7. Does it start this Friday, Sept. 1 or on Monday, Sept. 4?

Sorry typo. DVD September 1 two days from now 

11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What is DVD?

Dick Van Dyke

• Like 2
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They were probably willing to come back for a larger fee than TPTB were willing/able to pay tbh.

I think not bringing Bo back for this is a big mistake though and I don't even particularly care about Bo.

I could see that but at the same time considering they were his TV sons I don't think $$ would keep them from being there either. 

• Like 2

Will they really have everyone at the church for a funeral?

John, Marlena, Brady, Maggie, Sarah, Chelsea, Julie, Sonny, Alex, Justin, Bonnie, Kate, Roman, Philip, Xander, Chloe, Belle, Shawn, Nicole, Theresa, Andrew, Eve...and Viv?

That's 23 people. Would be nice, but I'm doubtful.

I hope they don't make Viv responsible for the plane going down. Thar would suck.

I think Paul returning confirms DVD will indeed be John's father...or a relative.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think Paul returning confirms DVD will indeed be John's father...or a relative.

For Chrissake, give John's paternity/maternity a rest.  He could have sprung from the middle of a clam halfshell for all I care by now.  The man is years into multiple AARP discounts and over-60 parking placards by now.  Does he really need some incredibly older old fart giving him the birds and the bees talk?

And Dick Van Dyke??  WHY, Show, WHY?  Haven't you tortured all of us enough with Susan Seaforth Hayes?  What's next?  Soupy Sales is his brother?  Endora used to babysit him?   Gladys Kravitz is his birth mother?  How long will be before Leo is revealed to his grandson, or uncle, or some other heinous shit.

I totally respect all the work Dick Van Dyke has done over these many years.  But, he's also creeped me out since I was a young'un with all his clown pratfalls and funny faces.  I'd always hoped Mary Tyler Moore ended the Dick Van Dyke Show by poisoning that garden gnome and burying his body in the basement, only letting Millie who lived next door in on the secret.

Oh well, as they say, you can't choose your family.....

Ron C. is a threat to our national mental health.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

Monday, September 11

Sarah’s life is in danger after she delivers her baby.

Justin is determined to get the truth about Vivian’s assertions.

Stephanie and Kayla have a reunion with Theresa.

Tuesday, September 12

A shooting rocks Salem.

Chanel has to cope with her conflicting romantic desires.

Ava and Harris take off.

Wednesday, September 13

Rafe goes on the trails of Ava and Harris.

Shawn runs into Belle in the middle of a public fight.

EJ faces trouble.

Johnny and Chanel have to make a hard choice.

Thursday, September 14

John and Marlena have a surprise for the Mystery Man.

Theresa looks for details concerning Alex and Brady’s trip.

Shawn’s drinking has Belle worried about him.

Chanel informs Johnny she’s ready for commitment.

Friday, September 15

Brady and Alex’s trip to Greece turns up something shocking.

Maggie and Julie fight with Vivian.

Vivian gets in the middle of Stefan and Gabi’s plan.

Leo gets his back up after Gwen’s revelation.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Will they really have everyone at the church for a funeral?

John, Marlena, Brady, Maggie, Sarah, Chelsea, Julie, Sonny, Alex, Justin, Bonnie, Kate, Roman, Philip, Xander, Chloe, Belle, Shawn, Nicole, Theresa, Andrew, Eve...and Viv?

That's 23 people. Would be nice, but I'm doubtful.

I hope they don't make Viv responsible for the plane going down. Thar would suck.

Isn’t Paul with Andrew? I figured he would return for Victor’s funeral even though Andrew wasn’t what you call close to Victor. I could see Paul returning to support John since Victor was family. 

I hope the Ava/Harris spoiler means they don’t come back.

I am interested in the Maggie/Julie/Vivian spoiler.

I am glad the show is letting Stephanie interact with characters not named Alex and Phillip 

• Like 3

I hope the Ava/Harris spoiler means they don’t come back.

She's on contract now and will be back. FML.

Isn’t Paul with Andrew? I figured he would return for Victor’s funeral even though Andrew wasn’t what you call close to Victor. I could see Paul returning to support John since Victor was family. 

Yep they're an item. But I figure Paul's few scenes would tie into whatever comes of the DVD storyline.

If he is John's father I really hope they use him in the months to come. Otherwise....who cares? He pops in for 5 episodes, is revealed to be Pops, and then leaves, never to be seen again..?

6 hours ago, buffynut said:

BTW, miss you guys, possibly more than I miss watching the show. 

When I step away from the show, I honestly miss this community more than anything.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Anybody want to have a go at translating this?

FB_IMG_1693527221646.jpg

At least it looks like they're not going to drag out the Eric/EJ mess and it appears that Xander will find out that he's actually the father of Sarah's baby.

• Like 5