Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

If it's Gwen in Abby mask, who takes Abby? And I guess nobody will care if Gwen disappears. 

We'll see Abby alive and everyone will think she's dead? Didn't that happen last time she died? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

And I guess nobody will care if Gwen disappears. 

I know I won't.

I hope that is true because I really think it is short-sighted to kill off Abby. She is a legacy character and has firm times through her family and The Spectator. Long-term, she has a lot of miles to go before she is out of story for the right writers.

Hopefully, Abby is her father's daughter and beats death like he has multiple times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I don't give a damn about Gwen but the actress is stellar and under a different writer perhaps Gwen could have been a dynamite character. However, I don't understand what was the point of making Gwen Jack's long lost daughter to then kill her off. It just seems like Ron has wasted our time. If Gwen is really dead dead dead then so be it.. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nobody truly dies on this show and no actor is ever really out forever so none of it really matters at all to me lol.

Yep, that's pretty much my thoughts w/the show by now too.  No matter who is decapitated, if the show wants them back at some point then their head will have been sent to Rolf in the prison mail and he'll have reattached it. Voila, they are alive again. 🤣

12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think Ron plans ahead that much lol. 

Aside from the show being filmed about 6 months out, I doubt he does. And  even when he does, his pacing sucks. But I had to set my little behind the scenes story last Aug because it was the last time we had a Friday the 13th. 😉

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yep, that's pretty much my thoughts w/the show by now too.  No matter who is decapitated, if the show wants them back at some point then their head will have been sent to Rolf in the prison mail and he'll have reattached it. Voila, they are alive again. 🤣

Rolf will have attached it to a different body - and given it plastic surgery.  That way we're supposed to believe whoever is recast is actually the character.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

All I see is Tripp/Chanel! That hug! 🥰

But also, I'm glad Johnny is rescued tomorrow. Feels like we're nearing the end (for now, at least) of the devil story.

I almost missed it too, but look behind them at the elevator. EJ and Johnny are walking in.  Wonder if they left Ben in the crypt with Andre. 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I almost missed it too, but look behind them at the elevator. EJ and Johnny are walking in.  Wonder if they left Ben in the crypt with Andre. 😁

I mean, I saw him, I just didn't care because that Tripp/Chanel hug is more important lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'd prefer if Leo left town and Craig and Nancy had a thoughtful storyline about navigating their new reality.

Glad Li is getting with Gabi. They've been sleeping on him.

So...Eli is really back for a while?

I guess Eric is Out Of Africa for good again?

Why the hell would Nicole jump into another marriage after barely dating this bonehead? Oh right. Ron.

I hope we at least get the satisfaction of seeing Rafe lose to Eric. Realistically, we'll probably just get him lecturing Eric about having abandoned her.

Still....Eli, Eric and Li back with story? All good news.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

And the latest Twitter rumour from those who know seems to be Jake out Stephan O back. I don't care really but Dan just posted a video of him and Brandon together on the Dimera set and he does look more Stephan than Jake 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

And the latest Twitter rumour from those who know seems to be Jake out Stephan O back. I don't care really but Dan just posted a video of him and Brandon together on the Dimera set and he does look more Stephan than Jake 

I definitely liked Stefan more than Jake so I hope this works out. Where is this video?

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Glad Li is getting with Gabi. 

Oooh, I'm into this. 

• Love 5

As long as Stefan isn't with Abby I don't mind him returning  tbh.

So they pretty much broke up Craig/Nancy for nothing. Now as a reward Nancy  is going to be paired with a man who raped his stepdaughter. 

This is why you never want your faves to ever return.

• Love 6

Can't they just go ask Rolf for another one? 

Craig has ties to the show, a daughter, ex, job, wouldn't it make more sense to keep him not Leo? 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Can't they just go ask Rolf for another one? 

Craig has ties to the show, a daughter, ex, job, wouldn't it make more sense to keep him not Leo? 

You used the bad word. "Sense."

It has no place under Ron Carlivati.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Days of our Lives May Sweeps: Devil Possession Final Chapter, Eric’s Big News & Craig Leaves Salem https://t.co/OsBBqFVICd

"It comes down to trying to save Allie’s soul and pulled into this are John, Marlena and Eric."

John, Marlena, and Eric are lousy at pulling off successful exorcisms. Sure they expel the devil, but they never seem to banish him completely.  Since I prefer Allie-devil to normal-Allie, here's hoping their skills haven't improved. 

"DiMera CEO twist"

I can't imagine the Dimera brothers fighting over that stupid CEO job AGAIN being anything sweeps-worthy

"Carlivati explained that Lamon Archey (Eli) shot episodes of another show he’s on, which was why they had him shot and comatose for so long."

Glad to see that LA was only temporarily gone. I was afraid Eli was going to wake-up as a recast. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Glad to see that LA was only temporarily gone. I was afraid Eli was going to wake-up as a recast. 

Poor Eli.  I bet he woke up wishing he was looking at a recast - or three.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So, just in time for the show's 100th anniversary in 2065!

(Who am I kidding? This show will be axed soon thanks to this crap.)

I suspected the two year renewal was the last one(granted the show has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would so I could be wrong yet again). 

Would explain the returns of Bo/Hope because the actors know it too tbh. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Would explain the returns of Bo/Hope because the actors know it too tbh. 

Maybe they figure they can do anything for one week a year of whatever stupid story they get and a nice paycheck. The more people they keep adding to the one-week story means the less screen time anyone will get. I still think that after the 2-year deal is over, they will go straight to Peacock.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, boes said:

Poor Eli.  I bet he woke up wishing he was looking at a recast - or three.

jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

tumblr_nskqhrPv4S1ur3ctqo1_500.gifv

Boes, you're gonna get yourself a lifetime achievement award if you keep this up 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe they figure they can do anything for one week a year of whatever stupid story they get and a nice paycheck. The more people they keep adding to the one-week story means the less screen time anyone will get. I still think that after the 2-year deal is over, they will go straight to Peacock.

Honestly, I think the only reason why Days is still around is because they plan on transitioning it to Beyond Salem but they realize how botched the move to Hulu was for One Life to Live/All My Children back in 2013 so they're getting the Baby Boomer audience more used to the idea of using a streaming service. (Which seemed beyond most of the audience when Prospect Park tried the online reboots of OLTL/AMC, but again, 2013 was a lifetime ago in terms of streaming.)

Also, ratings are just shitty all around. The fact that they can still get a total of about 7.5 million viewers per week if you add up the 1.5 million they get per episode isn't something to sniff at these days when a network primetime "hit" is like 4-5 million these days, and the biggest primetime dramas on NBC get like 7 million.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Also, ratings are just shitty all around. The fact that they can still get a total of about 7.5 million viewers per week if you add up the 1.5 million they get per episode isn't something to sniff at these days when a network primetime "hit" is like 4-5 million these days, and the biggest primetime dramas on NBC get like 7 million.

Exactly.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Stephanie Johnson returns home! Say welcome to @abigailklein_ #Days #DaysofOurLives 

https://t.co/8kP7zo7I2E

Nice to see them finally using Stephanie's character again, but I shudder to think who she'll get paired with. Chad after Abby is beheaded? Rafe after Nicole cheats on him? Zander when Gwen's in jail and Sarah is still coloring outside the lines? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Nice to see them finally using Stephanie's character again, but I shudder to think who she'll get paired with. Chad after Abby is beheaded? Rafe after Nicole cheats on him? Zander when Gwen's in jail and Sarah is still coloring outside the lines? 

They could've brought her back for Phillip when he was here but that's very unlikely. At least Stephanie only wanted him. However, Stephanie has options even if they're crappy tbh as she is unrelated to most of Salem this time around. I would be fine if she returned with a new man in tow and ideally pregnant as Steve/Kayla are the only supercouple that doesn't have grandchildren. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They could've brought her back for Phillip when he was here but that's very unlikely. At least Stephanie only wanted him. However, Stephanie has options even if they're crappy tbh as she is unrelated to most of Salem this time around. I would be fine if she returned with a new man in tow and ideally pregnant as Steve/Kayla are the only supercouple that doesn't have grandchildren. 

No. No. No more babies!  😛 (Not for a few years. Or decades, if the show has that long!)

And honestly, that would be a lead weight from the get go, severely limiting the character. I say go the complete opposite direction and bring Stephanie back to her Shayna Rose days and be into racing or some other action-related occupation, not wanting kids, and just wanting to live her life freely. Okay with a man or without.

If Steve/Kayla need grandkids, bring back Joey and let him find love in Salem! It'd be nice to turn the trope on its ear and show the man wanting the nuclear family bit...

JMO, of course!

• Love 5