Type keyword(s) to search

The Astrology Thread: What's Your Sign?

Petunia13
  • Start Topic

This is the thread to chat about your zodiac sign, horoscopes, compatibilities, ask questions.

All types like western or eastern zodiacs. You can even talk if you think it's bullshit or share stories of when it was super accurate. 

Imma Virgo ??Monkey ?

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

My horoscope says that tomorrow is a good day to work.  Tomorrow is Saturday.  My horoscope is going to be wrapped around stinky fish and tossed in a river.

Pisces.

Allegedly Pisces, too.  I think it's all a bunch of bull hockey.

Science, Bitch!

• Love 6

Libra -- Monkey

If I weren't a total believer before, I became one last year during The Year of the Monkey from 2/8/16 - 1/27/17.  My sweet little Vietnamese manicurist, an expert in the Chinese Zodiac, said "Ohhhhhhhh, you a Monkey?  Ohhhhhhh, very, very bad to be Monkey in Year of Monkey.  Go home, pull covers over head, don't answer phone or door, don't visit with people, don't walk, drive or travel, don't spend money, and just don't gamble (literally or figuratively)!"  She was right - it was a hella' year!  I finally exhaled on January 28.   :-)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

Capricorn -- Dragon.

I wonder if the year being the same as your sign means bad things for everyone? I remember starting 2012 thinking it must be a big year for me because it was the Year of Dragon (tongue in cheek), and then it turned out to be one of the worst years of my life... I mean, I don't put too much stock in these things since you are the choices you make not the date you were born, but I usually find they're true in their descriptions 70% of the time. Out of curiosity, I sometimes look up a celebrity's sign and think--well, that explains a lot.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2017 at 11:15 PM, ParadoxLost said:

My horoscope says that tomorrow is a good day to work.  Tomorrow is Saturday.  My horoscope is going to be wrapped around stinky fish and tossed in a river.

Pisces.

Fellow Pisces here. 

I went out full speed ahead on Saturday and had read your post. I almost wanted to quit (bad traffic) but I stuck to it because of what you'd said. It was an unbelievably productive day. Cars let me in (rare around here) and everyone I encountered was nice and accommodating. Lol...please let me know when I'm due for another good one! 

9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Capricorn -- Dragon.

I wonder if the year being the same as your sign means bad things for everyone? I remember starting 2012 thinking it must be a big year for me because it was the Year of Dragon (tongue in cheek), and then it turned out to be one of the worst years of my life... I mean, I don't put too much stock in these things since you are the choices you make not the date you were born, but I usually find they're true in their descriptions 70% of the time. Out of curiosity, I sometimes look up a celebrity's sign and think--well, that explains a lot.

GreenKnight, that's exactly the situation.  And since the Chinese Zodiac has 12 characters, this trauma will return every 12 years.  According to Chinese astrology, the year of one's birth sign is the most unlucky year in the 12-year cycle. For example, my Monkey years are 1956, 1968...2016, 2028.  For you, as a Dragon, your future "bad" years are 2024, 2036, 2048 etc. Keep in mind, the Chinese calendar runs according to the lunar calendar rather than the Gregorian, so if born in January/early February, you could be a different sign.  Thus, someone born in early January, 2012 would be a Rabbit since the Dragon year began on January 23 of that year.

The Roosters better watch their backs until February 15!

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/

(Click on your animal for extended info.)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 1

I'm a Cancer ---Pig.  The last year of the Pig was 2007---and it was a shitty year for me. I lost my soulmate cat and my uncle within days of each other. Not looking forward to 2019 (the next Pig year).

• Love 1

Gemini - Monkey

2016 was definitely a lousy year for me!  Dad died  November of 2015 and the next year was spent grieving while battling it out with my sister trying to take control of the estate and falsely accusing me of stealing from it.  Then estate was settled, and I had to pack my life up and move into a residence I hated.  My dog developed Cushings Disease and needed extra attention and patience (since dad wasn't there anymore when I was at work).   Things have been picking up for me recently (moved into new house and making new decisions as to what to do with my life) but I don't know what else my zodiac could possibly clue me into.

• Love 1