Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

Serious question, has there been a new couple in the past few years on this show with great chemistry?

The last one I can think of that even had potential was AJ/Carly - which was doubly amazing because I don't think LW tends to generate romantic/sexual chemistry.

Maybe Ava/Morgan? Though I think RC ruined it by trying to make it into sone romantic love story

I agree with you on both of these. So, let's see, only 2 couples with amazing chem and one got ruined and one never actually happened. Par for the course!

• Love 2

Serious question, has there been a new couple in the past few years on this show with great chemistry?

The last one I can think of that even had potential was AJ/Carly - which was doubly amazing because I don't think LW tends to generate romantic/sexual chemistry.

Maybe Ava/Morgan? Though I think RC ruined it by trying to make it into some romantic love story

These two, plus Joe Jr. and Tracy, IMO.

And um, I actually thought Trey and LM's Kristina were cute. Please don't hurt me. 

• Love 3

I thought they were cute and I really liked the idea of them but I wasn't blown away by their chemistry. They're still better than Nik/Hayden just by virtue of the lack of cold-blooded attempted murder

How long was Night Shift on? It was prime time, right? I wasn't watching GH during this time. How did they connect the NS stories to GH?

Weekly series that only had two seasons. They had what was going on in the first season with GH, but the second season was totally separate and the storylines on NS didn't overlap with GH nor did any of the characters appear on GH.

• Love 1

I thought they were cute [Nik/Britt] and I really liked the idea of them but I wasn't blown away by their chemistry. They're still better than Nik/Hayden just by virtue of the lack of cold-blooded attempted murder

Nik/Hayden actually have a lot of chemistry, but it's all marred and tainted by the fact that he tried to have her killed. And I hate that yet another couple (Ava/Morgan, AJ/Carly) that I have really loved and had a ton of chemistry has either been ruined or never happened. Screw you, TPTB.

A couple of fun little clips from the beginning of Scrubs...

Oh, the denial...

Robin: Love is not what Patrick and I are about. Now if you are talking about sleeping with him, that's another story.

• Love 5

Patrick's FACE when Robin spots him across from her at the MC is freaking classic, OMG. I'm cry-ing.

I love everything about those scenes. Scrubs banter, Scrubs hotness, ROBERT! I could watch old clips all day, dudes. All.day.

• Love 2

These two, plus Joe Jr. and Tracy, IMO.

Ugh I loved Joe Jr./Tracy. They had fire chemistry imo.

Matt and liz??? I'll sit alone in my bunk.

I've only seen like one scene of them but I agree. I thought Liz/Ewen had chem, too.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Oracle42 mentioned AJ/Carly, but I was also really into the chemistry between AJ and Liz.

Behold this adorable scene.  The misunderstanding about the flowers is so cute and then, a few episodes later, he sends her some for reals.  Awww!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Oracle42 mentioned AJ/Carly, but I was also really into the chemistry between AJ and Liz.

Behold this adorable scene.  The misunderstanding about the flowers is so cute and then, a few episodes later, he sends her some for reals.  Awww!

WAAA!!!! I miss AJ!!!!! So much Potential with these two!

• Love 3

I know Francie won't agree (sorry, Francie! LOL), from what I saw of early Julian/Alexis, they seemed to work at first. Maybe it's different now, but there was chemistry there originally and they did/still do have some fans.

Same with some of what I've seen of Nathan/Maxie. And now I'll run away before y'all stone me to death. ;)

I think the idea that there were no couples/no couples who have chemistry when Ron was on GH is somewhat overblown. The problem was either how he brought them together, or that he ruined them once he was tired with them. JMO.

• Love 4

I don't think any of RC's couples were well-developed,* when there was chemistry he either threw it away or squandered it and the couples we're left with aren't terribly compelling

*with the exception of franks and neens, I suppose - which just means he could've done it for non-shitty couples if he'd had any interest in doing so

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I think the idea that there were no couples/no couples who have chemistry when Ron was on GH is somewhat overblown. The problem was either how he brought them together, or that he ruined them once he was tired with them. JMO.

Yea I think you're right. There were actually quite a few pairings with loads of potential during RC's run, but all of them were destroyed or never really explored. Such a shame.

I've finished watching all the Ethan/Kristina scenes. Two things: LMAO at Ethan talking to a painting with a jack-o-lantern or whatever. WTF was that shit?! Also, was Abby supposed to be older than Michael? Because she looks about 37 to me.

Yea I think you're right. There were actually quite a few pairings with loads of potential during RC's run, but all of them were destroyed or never really explored. Such a shame.

I've finished watching all the Ethan/Kristina scenes. Two things: LMAO at Ethan talking to a painting with a jack-o-lantern or whatever. WTF was that shit?! Also, was Abby supposed to be older than Michael? Because she looks about 37 to me.

Yeah, she was. She was one of Sam's friends. And Sonny was giving shit to Kristina over hanging out with Ethan cause he was older and she said "what about Abby and Michael" and he actually said "that's different, he's a man." Sonny;s douchitude is kinda like a warm blanket of consistency sometimes.

Ethan was wandering around Wyndemere trying to find out who was squatting there. It led to a short lived romance with a lady in white who Helena said was her daughter and she sicced her on Ethan to seduce him. Ron promptly killed off when he came aboard. The actor left not long after that and he hilariously lamented about how it was his favorite storyline. Lady in White was AWFUL and her dialogue was all hokey romance novel.

example (from Despair in the Afternoon)

Speaking of the latter, I should have known it was shortsighted to complain when the Lady in White — sorry, Cassandra — spent months not speaking. Because now that she’s finally opened up her mouth, we’re being subjected to gems like this:

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS LADY IN WHITE: Is that all you really wanted to know about me? How sexually proficient I might be?

ETHAN, aka THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS A CHARACTER I DIDN’T HATE: No, no, of course not! I’m sure you’re sufficiently proficient. [Ed. note: You are… the grossest.]

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS LADY IN WHITE: Yes. And what happens next, after that? What becomes of the girl with no past, your curiosity spent in the sheets, leaving me with no named accomplishment other than that I brought you pleasure? Or do you think I’m virginal territory to impress? You think you’ll give me something to remember if I can remember nothing on my own. A gift of desire and destruction that I can’t return for a refund; my moment of weakness. I have none. I am not weak.

ETHAN, aka THE GROSSEST: Prove it. 

• Love 2

Honestly that sounds like the type of horrible shit I would enjoy. It sounds like UCG.

Yeah, she was. She was one of Sam's friends. And Sonny was giving shit to Kristina over hanging out with Ethan cause he was older and she said "what about Abby and Michael" and he actually said "that's different, he's a man." Sonny;s douchitude is kinda like a warm blanket of consistency sometimes.

Sonny's consistency in this regard is almost comforting.

I'm glad Abby was supposed to be older because I wouldn't have been able to accept it if they were trying to pass off that 40 year old as 20. Also, the scenes where Abby and Ethan were pretending to be fucking or whatever with Kristina there were so bad. The Abby actress was appallingly terrible. After I watched those I had to start fast forwarding any time she appeared in the clips.

• Love 2

Honestly that sounds like the type of horrible shit I would enjoy. It sounds like UCG.

Sonny's consistency in this regard is almost comforting.

I'm glad Abby was supposed to be older because I wouldn't have been able to accept it if they were trying to pass off that 40 year old as 20. Also, the scenes where Abby and Ethan were pretending to be fucking or whatever with Kristina there were so bad. The Abby actress was appallingly terrible. After I watched those I had to start fast forwarding any time she appeared in the clips.

She was very bad. Don't know how she managed to stay away that long.

The Ethan stuff got kind of UCG in the end but the beginning of the story was so. slow. There was one scene where Ethan actually fell asleep waiting around. It was like they wanted people to make meta jokes about how boring it was.

• Love 2

I think someone is just jeluss Britt is engaged to The King of the Streets and he is not

https://www.instagram.com/p/_5u7NqhEjk/

May I be wrong, but there is no way that this relationship will end well. 

I know Francie won't agree (sorry, Francie! LOL),

Ha, no worries! I can't hate on anyone for liking whom they like. At least you have a personality and can comment on other aspects of the show, unlike the throngs of champions who shall remain nameless. I wear my hate for the character loud and proud.

Though, if you had said that they had 1/100 of the chemistry Max and Gabrielle had, then we might be having some issues. ;)

• Love 2

Another AJ/Liz moment I loved (starting at 5:47)

The look on AJ's face when she comes around the corner (looking hot as hell, I might add) and the shy way they say hi to each other is too cute.

And the ASSHATS CUT OUT the dance number they performed at the Nurses' Ball!

More like they never bothered to write a routine for them. The nurse's ball was the beginning of the end for AJ. After that he slept with Carly for no reason (and I think it is insulting to the history between Carly and AJ that they played it for laughs) and it continued snowballing from there.

• Love 1

More like they never bothered to write a routine for them. The nurse's ball was the beginning of the end for AJ. After that he slept with Carly for no reason (and I think it is insulting to the history between Carly and AJ that they played it for laughs) and it continued snowballing from there.

IIRC, either SK or BH didn't want to be seen onstage singing or dancing (probably SK). For some reason, I remember hearing something about that at the time.

What was so dumb about it was that they made a whole story point about them doing a number at the Nurses' Ball - it was AJ's "punishment" for faking a relationship with Carly, who was trying to get whiny Todd off her back.  And then the Nurses' Ball rolls around and it all happens OFF SCREEN.  Whaaa?

It did at least lead to, IIRC, their first kiss.  And Felix's approval is maybe the most I eveeevvver liked him.

ETA...oooh, and there's Britt in the beginning of that clip, wearing her "Ruining Sabrina's night" furs!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

In honor of the Scrubs exit, I am posting some of my favorite clips. Today, they find they are having a girl...

And Patrick reacts to finding out he is having a daughter...

Patrick: If any guy comes to our house to take our little girl out, any guy like me, I'm going to put her in a convent or I'm going to kill him. You know what, I'm going to do both.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 6

A few more scenes - the Monkey Virus:

Robin sees Robert for the first time since his 'death'.

Patrick tries to get Robin out of the hospital.

Patrick becomes Robin's doctor.

Robin's recovery.

A few more scenes - the Monkey Virus:

Robin sees Robert for the first time since his 'death'.

Patrick becomes Robin's doctor.

There are not enough words to express my rage at what they did to Holly in this fakakta fucked up storyline.  That she would withold the antidote, asking for money, knowing that Robin, her stepdaughter, a girl she loved, was sick.  And that I was supposed to swallow that crap that Holly was doing this as revenge for the death of some unseen and unkown husband, and that "love" was greater than the love she had for all of her friends in Port Charles? Holly loved Robin. More, she was Robert's child; a man she LOVED. Early Robert and Holly will always be the Nick and Nora of General Hospital. 

• Love 4

There are not enough words to express my rage at what they did to Holly in this fakakta fucked up storyline.  That she would withold the antidote, asking for money, knowing that Robin, her stepdaughter, a girl she loved, was sick.  And that I was supposed to swallow that crap that Holly was doing this as revenge for the death of some unseen and unkown husband, and that "love" was greater than the love she had for all of her friends in Port Charles? Holly loved Robin. More, she was Robert's child; a man she LOVED. Early Robert and Holly will always be the Nick and Nora of General Hospital.

The story I tell myself, and I looked at clips to try to confirm it, is that Cesar Faison was threatening Holly to blackmail the town, but when she saw that Robin fell ill, she got a "sample" to Robert as soon as possible, knowing that Robin would be first on the list to receive the dose. She wasn't expecting Robin to turn it down out of spite towards Robert.