Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

I never said it was designed to make Ethan 'happen', I said the writers pushed Ethan at a time when fans hated him because of the Luke/Holly debacle. Even NP noted that fans hated him around this time because of that storyline.

And, as I pointed out previously, Sonny was the only one who warranted screentime to apologize to Ethan. Not Alexis or Sam, even though it's said those scenes were actually filmed.

Sonny has certainly been treated as a saint at times. Robin told Robert that Sonny was a better father than he was. Guza wrote it so that Robert didn't live up to the standards set up Sonny "I shot my pregnant wife while she was giving birth" Corinthos.

Cops and rival mobsters have been vilified so that Sonny can look good in comparison. Dante forgave Sonny because everyone but Lulu was singing his praises right after Sonny shot Dante (which is why Dante felt guilty). Luke said he was a 'pillar of the community'. He's been whitewashed; not to the extent of the Holy Hitman, but he's been whitewashed and treated like a hero.

Brook Lynn showed up long before Diego ever hit the canvas - Sage was still alive when Brook Lynn arrived on GH. I don't see how Lucas was marginalized solely because of Diego when Lucas was marginalized long before then. Even the times he did show up, it was usually for other characters, like when Georgie asked Lucas to hit on Dillion when he was dressed as a girl.

And I said that Diego was pushed in his first few months, not propped, which Ethan definitely was.   Then forgotten, then brought back as a villain because TIIC have the attention span of a fruit fly. Sage died pretty quickly after BrookLynn came on board, and then TIIC that be gave Lorenzo another kid. A year isn't that long. They brought on RC for Brooklynn, dropped the relationship and weirdly, dropped him too, even RC clicked pretty well as Lucas, and Diego was brought on. There was overlap, enough to be noticeable. Then pretty quickly Brooklynn and Diego were pushed aside when Maxie, then Lulu came on board. 

Logan was also pushed somewhat when they paired him with Lulu, but no one went on and on how wonderful he was and he was quickly pushed aside when they went for Johnny.

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I don't understand why they haven't written more for Lucas.   He seems like one of the easier characters to mine story from.  He's the biological son of mobster Julian Jerome and Cheryl (I don't remember much about her), was adopted and raised by Bobbie Spencer and Dr. Tony Jones.  His sister BJ died young, donated a heart to Maxie, who's his cousin.  He is related to Mac and Felicia and Frisco.  He is related to Robin and Anna.  He's related by blood to Sam and Danny.  He's related through adoption to Carly, Lulu, Lucky, Aiden, Cam, Laura, Luke, Michael, Morgan, Joss, Sonny (marriage/adoption).  He's a doctor.  He's young and attractive.   There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to cultivate a story for someone with rich ties to the canvas.   His stepmother is currently an alcoholic, he is a doctor.  Maybe he can check on her.  His biological father had psychological issues towards the end of his life.   Lucas could console her.   I just don't get not using established characters with history. 

Because they can't make any money off of Lucas (I think they get a cut if their character creations are featured), because Ryan Carnes probably didn't suck up to TPTB like Maurice Bernard (and I am guessing Laura Wright did), and maybe Ryan Carnes has rejected a full contract. Because Lucas is one of the few characters that isn't emotional damaged nor a "reformed" sociopath, and actually might be the first doctor in a long time that has enough dignity and character to take over Dr.Steve Hardy's mantel. Because writing for about actual doctors doing actual medical stuff is above the shows pay grade now. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I just don't get not using established characters with history.

History! is too hard to write for. It's so much easier to make stuff up.

(I think they get a cut if their character creations are featured)

I don't think that's correct. They get money when they create a new character.

Edited by dubbel zout
15 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

And I said that Diego was pushed in his first few months, not propped, which Ethan definitely was.   Then forgotten, then brought back as a villain because TIIC have the attention span of a fruit fly.

I don't see how Diego was pushed. Sure, he had screentime (the same way Guza gave Jax or the Quartermaines screetime), but none of the content was intended to sway audiences to favor Diego. It's fairly easy to see when the writers want you to like a character - look at the scenes with Johnny Z was, including Luke having a chat where he saw that he had a lot in common with Johnny (while they spoke on the roof of GH). Or even Franco, with characters talking positively about him as a means of trying to sway the audience. All of that is missing with Diego's story.

Most likely because Diego was Lorenzo's son, and Guza only cared about Jason (which is probably why Diego mostly talked about how awesome the mob was and tried to join by acting like a complete dumbass the whole time, until he found out Lorenzo was his father and suddenly he had problems with his father being a criminal for... reasons).

Having seen how the writers wrote Ethan and how they pushed Ethan when NP was still on the show, I wondered at the time how Diego could have been written differently (and made a post about it at a different board). It's like night and day. I see how the writers handle a character when they genuinely care, when they genuinely want to push someone - whether or not it succeeds. I never saw that with Diego.

Sage died pretty quickly after BrookLynn came on board, and then TIIC that be gave Lorenzo another kid. A year isn't that long. They brought on RC for Brooklynn, dropped the relationship and weirdly, dropped him too, even RC clicked pretty well as Lucas, and Diego was brought on. There was overlap, enough to be noticeable. Then pretty quickly Brooklynn and Diego were pushed aside when Maxie, then Lulu came on board. 

Brook Lynn and whitewashed Sage had an entire storyline together - the one where Dillion dressed as a girl. It was also the span of time that Lucas could have been utilized by TIIC, but wasn't. That's why I said I didn't see why anyone would think that Diego was the reason Lucas was marginalized given how that had happened long before Diego hit the canvas.

Logan was also pushed somewhat when they paired him with Lulu, but no one went on and on how wonderful he was and he was quickly pushed aside when they went for Johnny.

Loghan did have an 'opposites attract' type storyline with Lulu, who was eating the canvas at the time as the alpha woman (with no less than three suitors following her around). That's quite different than Diego being paired with a character who wasn't exactly getting A or B plot material before he showed up (unlike Dillion, who had storylines with Lorenzo and Luke).

Being pushed aside happened a while after, and that was allegedly due to the actor's BTS antics.

Because they can't make any money off of Lucas (I think they get a cut if their character creations are featured), because Ryan Carnes probably didn't suck up to TPTB like Maurice Bernard (and I am guessing Laura Wright did), and maybe Ryan Carnes has rejected a full contract. Because Lucas is one of the few characters that isn't emotional damaged nor a "reformed" sociopath, and actually might be the first doctor in a long time that has enough dignity and character to take over Dr.Steve Hardy's mantel. Because writing for about actual doctors doing actual medical stuff is above the shows pay grade now. 

Which is a damn shame because I think Lucas having A or B stories on this show would be a wonderful thing for a show called General Hospital - not Shoe Polish Pocket Mobster & Friends. It's unfortunate Sonny is, once again, swallowing PC.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

The Zander talk in the episode thread makes me wonder - no one ever knew that SWMNBN was also CopKilla, did they?

Publicly? No. Jason knew, of course, but he let Zander take the fall as far as the rest of the world was concerned. Unfortunately, no one ever cleared Zander's name.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Publicly? No. Jason knew, of course, but he let Zander take the fall as far as the rest of the world was concerned. Unfortunately, no one ever cleared Zander's name.

did Jason at least bother to tell Liz that Cam's dad wasn't a copkilla?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

did Jason at least bother to tell Liz that Cam's dad wasn't a copkilla?

I don't believe Jason ever did, probably because it might have smeared Jason's image as the most holy of hitman. 

Jason asked Justice # 3 about the potential consequences Courtney might face in a roundabout way if the truth ever came out (he didn't go into specifics with him; Jason kept it vague simply to gauge his legal opinion on it).

• Love 1
On 11/1/2016 at 9:47 PM, ulkis said:

Can anyone remember the last time a couple planned a wedding date months in advance and it actually went through?

Multiple months out? My best guess, off the top of my head, is Celia Quartermaine and Grant Putnam. 1983.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Cameron clearing Zander's name has been my dream storyline for a long time. I envision him being at Zander's grave, telling him that maybe he deserved losing Cam because Zander helped Sonny steal AJ's son and Cam felt AJ would have been a good dad if given the chance.

Diego: Having loads of screen time while being paired with a lead female actress is being pushed, and at that time she was the lead teen actress, as well as becoming friendly with Dillon, who was lead male teen star. I also remember her and Sage together: they were both at the Q mansion when Sage murdered and she decided to record Sage's sone after she died. I also said it wasn't for very long, because they didn't have to make the audience accept him as he wasn't a slap to the face to not one, but two super couples like Ethan, but simple create a new male character to replace, or just not feature him. Same thing happened with Jesse, then they killed off his character.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
7 hours ago, Vella said:

Krolly have zero issue calling each other out, they have zero problem yelling at Alexis or being yelled at by Alexis, but somehow, that never falls on Sam, because Sam is wonderful and they all squeal happily at Jason/Sam.  

Sam has her own life. She's not being supported by Alexis, so there's less reason for Alexis to yell at her.

And when she was being supported by Alexis there was plenty of yelling - on both sides. And Sam is more than a decade older than Molly/Kristina, they didn't grow up in the same house with the same rules.  BUT, I do want Kristina/Molly to find out about Sam/Ric; that's more than due and it could be good soap - but not until FV/Jelly are replaced with capable people who want to write and produce General Hospital

7 hours ago, Vella said:

She was the woman who loathed Alexis, but had zero problem moving in, taking a job Alexis arranged and pretending to be a happy Davis family member all the while planning to seduce Ric and blow up the Rexis family.

Sam hated it and it wasn't a secret, Sam and Alexis constantly fought about the fact that Alexis wanted Sam to have a life of her own.  But I don't remember her planning to seduce Ric? I was never really clear on that and I remember that she and Ric were both fairly grossed out afterwards and were scrambling to keep it from Alexis because they didn't know that she'd seen them - which doesn't make sense if she'd done it so that she could hurt Alexis by telling her

7 hours ago, Vella said:

Sam got a relationship with Nikolas when Kristina and Molly had nothing and still have nothing and even Alexis barely got time with her nephew.

So, maybe I missed it, but I remember Nik saving Sam's life for Alexis's sake and then loathing Sam for the way she treated Alexis and for what she did to Lucky/Liz. They had a scene were he tried to throw her off of Wyndemere when he had a tumor and one other one in the hospital during some emergency (I think there was a hostage situation and a lock down?) where he dropped by because she was in the hospital, they got locked in together and they seemed fairly uncomfortable together. I actually don't think they had a "family" relationship until RC manufactured one, and I don't know why he bothered. They had more scenes together under RC than they'd had in the previous decade and Nik was unrecognizable in all of them

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But I don't remember her planning to seduce Ric?

Oh, she definitely did.  She wore barely there nighties and arranged herself so he would see her. She'd sun on the deck and ask Ric to put suntan lotion on her.  That was entirely her plan, destroying Alexis' family by going after Ric.  He wasn't a patsy after awhile and they bonded over mean Alexis. I don't think she intended to sleep with him.  You know what was really gross? When Carly found out and assumed that Ric had manipulated Sam/tricked her and was full of sympathy for Sam because she was reflecting on her own sexual assault by Ric?  Sam didn't dispute it. She let Carly believe that's what happened, that she'd been taken advantage of by Ric. "Then you get it."  That move put me squarely in the 100% loathing Sam area and I've never budged since then.

There's never been even a single indication that Sam lied about being Alexis' daughter, so this just seems like a long shot pipe dream. Besides, there's almost no hope that we're ever getting better writers, and if Jelly attempted this story they'd most certainly fuck it completely up, so you probably wouldn't even get the outcome you're hoping for.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

one other one in the hospital during some emergency (I think there was a hostage situation and a lock down?) where he dropped by because she was in the hospital, they got locked in together and they seemed fairly uncomfortable together.

I remember that scene. The hostage situation was related to the Lisa Niles stuff. I actually liked that scene between them,.. I didn't think they seemed uncomfortable:

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

BUT, I do want Kristina/Molly to find out about Sam/Ric; that's more than due and it could be good soap - but not until FV/Jelly are replaced with capable people who want to write and produce General Hospital

You know, I really thought it would come out when Julian set up Ric and Molly was knee deep in leading Ric's defense squad.  That girl was in an intense Julian hate zone and definitely gave off the impression she did not know about Sam/Ric or even any of Ric's awful history(which I loved because it meant Alexis had never used that information to tear down Ric in Molly's eyes). Seeing as how Julian is Sam's dad, I totally thought he would root it out and it would play into why he was fine with screwing Ric over.  GH misses potentially soapy stories like gangbusters!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Vella said:

You know, I really thought it would come out when Julian set up Ric and Molly was knee deep in leading Ric's defense squad.  That girl was in an intense Julian hate zone and definitely gave off the impression she did not know about Sam/Ric or even any of Ric's awful history(which I loved because it meant Alexis had never used that information to tear down Ric in Molly's eyes). Seeing as how Julian is Sam's dad, I totally thought he would root it out and it would play into why he was fine with screwing Ric over.  GH misses potentially soapy stories like gangbusters!

I think Molly is aware of some stuff, cause she and Sam had this convo last year:

Molly: They let your father go?

Sam: Um, yeah, Lucas said there was a lack of evidence.

Molly: Wow. Uh, I'm surprised Mom didn't just leave Kristina at school and race back here to defend him.

Sam: Well, Mom has every right to believe in Julian.

Molly: Despite all the times that he has lied to her? I mean, Julian framed my dad for racketeering and murder, and no one seems to care. And, yeah, I know that my dad has done some awful things, too, but that doesn't absolve Julian.

Sam: Okay, look, Molly, you're right. Julian has done a lot of awful things, and he could be lying right now, but we actually don't have any proof that he shot Sonny. So I think it's fair to say that we can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe she doesn't know about the Ric/Sam sex (although 12-year old!Molly did know about Sonny/Sam), but she definitely has a clue about her father's less than stellar history.

• Love 2

The original plan was to trash Sam that whole summer. She was to seduce Ric. Then FCW happened and Ric H spilled the beans about Sic sex. That is when rewrites started to happen. They were too far gone to stop Sic sex from happening but they changed the way it went down cause Kelly's fans campaigned hard to stop it from happening. They were fine with Jasam breaking up, they didn't want Sam and Alexis destroyed in the process.

As far as Nic goes, Sam's relationship with him wasn't greater than he had with Alexis. He was full of shit anyway cause he was mad about Lusam hurting Liz when his ass turned around and had an affair with her behind Lucky's back. Then look what he did this last year to Sam and Danny regarding Jason.

I wouldn't care if Krolly found out about Sic sex. If anything Kristina would still side with Sam after telling Alexis she shouldn't have tried to interfer in Sam's love life like she did with her and Parker. Molly would probably be pissed but forgive especially as nce Sam and Ric's relationship is still shaky but city vil for her sake.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

The original plan was to trash Sam that whole summer. She was to seduce Ric. Then FCW happened and Ric H spilled the beans about Sic sex. That is when rewrites started to happen. They were too far gone to stop Sic sex from happening but they changed the way it went down cause Kelly's fans campaigned hard to stop it from happening. They were fine with Jasam breaking up, they didn't want Sam and Alexis destroyed in the process.

As far as Nic goes, Sam's relationship with him wasn't greater than he had with Alexis. He was full of shit anyway cause he was mad about Lusam hurting Liz when his ass turned around and had an affair with her behind Lucky's back. Then look what he did this last year to Sam and Danny regarding Jason.

I wouldn't care if Krolly found out about Sic sex. If anything Kristina would still side with Sam after telling Alexis she shouldn't have tried to interfer in Sam's love life like she did with her and Parker. Molly would probably be pissed but forgive especially as nce Sam and Ric's relationship is still shaky but city vil for her sake.

I actually don't think Molly would even care. She loves Sam to death, and the whole thing occurred ages ago when she was a baby. It'd be more of a 'Oh, that happened? Really? Oh okay...' and then that would be the end of it. Neither of the girls have ever been that squicked out about Sonny/Sam after all. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

They were fine with Jasam breaking up, they didn't want Sam and Alexis destroyed in the process.

Well, sadly Alexis still went through the meat grinder, Ric fell down another hole of awfulness and Rexis was obliterated for good.  Oh, Alexis has an off screen one night stand, revealed much later, that somehow makes things even! God, that was truly a bizarre choice.

Ohhhhh, I always thought it felt like the writers couldn't decide what they were planning to do with Sam/Ric - the writing was incredibly inconsistent. I remember the nightgown scene (I only saw one, but I couldn't tell whether it was supposed to be a set-up or an accident) and there were one or two scenes of them bonding (that felt like the writers were considering an actual relationship/affair) and then sex scene where they were both drunk and there was mutual loathing and nearly tangible self-loathing on both sides and then Ric went under the bus for a shitty choice that they both made. It was not good.

I think Molly knows about the panic room but I don't think she knows about SOS and I really do think she'd have a problem with it. Sam and Ric cheated her out of the opportunity to grow up in a household with both of her parents and they've not been honest about it. I have no idea what Kristina would do because these writers haven't bothered to pretend to care about writing this character with any care or consistency but I do remember that she loved Daddy Ric.

But at this point, I'm fine with these writers focusing on Franco, Hayden, Sonny and Silas McFinn - I don't care about those characters

8 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I remember that scene. The hostage situation was related to the Lisa Niles stuff. I actually liked that scene between them,.. I didn't think they seemed uncomfortable:

That's the one! You're right, not uncomfortable, but not close - not like friends/family or two people who have the relationship that RC gave them out of nowhere

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

I was the furthest thing from a Sam fan back then but I sure don't remember her setting out to seduce Ric.

She....kinda was, though. She was playing him. The scene where she asks him to put sunblock in her, she starts cringing and then was like, "Gotta go!" She didn't like what she was doing, it grossed her out, but she was doing it. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think things got away from both Sam and Ric—in some ways, they were playing a game of chicken—but they both knew exactly what was happening. There was nothing tentative about it.

Exactly. 

Sam was just emotional and self-destructive during that time. She was always going to Jason, crying for him to FEEL what she FEELS. Sam, Liz, and Carly were always begging him to FEEL something. So much comedy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

That was Jason at his most punchable. He throws a mantrum at the thought of someone making a decision for him but never hesitates to make life-altering decisions for others

Well, that's Jason. He had the privilege to do or say whatever he wanted. No one else had that same luxury. You were either with him or against him. You were either in his box of pain or left out of it. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Cameron clearing Zander's name has been my dream storyline for a long time. I envision him being at Zander's grave, telling him that maybe he deserved losing Cam because Zander helped Sonny steal AJ's son and Cam felt AJ would have been a good dad if given the chance.

I would like to see Zander's name cleared, too.

Diego: Having loads of screen time while being paired with a lead female actress is being pushed, and at that time she was the lead teen actress, as well as becoming friendly with Dillon, who was lead male teen star.

Diego's story (about Maria and the revelation regarding his paternity) involved Dillion, Georgie, and Brook Lynn. Nothing in the story seemed intended to sway audiences to like Diego. Sure, he had screentime, but Jax has also had screentime as well under Guza. I'm not seeing it. Were the writers pushing Diego when he was hitting on Courtney in her one-room apartment? When characters like Brook Lynn didn't take Diego seriously? When Georgie badmouthed him? Were the writers pushing Diego when they had Sonny admonish him for his behavior? When they had Lorenzo dismiss him? When Jason intimidated him after the warehouse explosion?

As for Brook Lynn, I don't agree that she was the lead teen actress; she wasn't getting any stories the way Lulu did (who was clearly pushed). Dillion and Georgie were together at the time, and Dillion was getting story and having scenes with Lorenzo and Luke.

I also remember her and Sage together: they were both at the Q mansion when Sage murdered and she decided to record Sage's sone after she died. I also said it wasn't for very long, because they didn't have to make the audience accept him as he wasn't a slap to the face to not one, but two super couples like Ethan, but simple create a new male character to replace, or just not feature him. Same thing happened with Jesse, then they killed off his character.

Brook Lynn and Lucas were around long enough that TIIC could have given him story, but they didn't. I don't see how Diego's to blame for Lucas' minimal screentime when he had minimal screentime when Sage was still around.

I didn't care that Zander died in a hail of bullets.  The responsibility for that lies at the feet of NEm (and the now dead DockHo).  Dumily was so glad to hear that Liz was pregnant with Zander's baby so she could assuage her guilt over rutting with Dik on the floor of the Smith marital home.  Dumily was quite happy to off-load her soon to be ex-husband as Liz's to deal with.  

I only wish that Cameron didn't think of stupid and defective detective Spencer as his daddy.  He's as bad as dead Smith.  

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

I didn't care that Zander died in a hail of bullets.  The responsibility for that lies at the feet of NEm (and the now dead DockHo).  Dumily was so glad to hear that Liz was pregnant with Zander's baby so she could assuage her guilt over rutting with Dik on the floor of the Smith marital home.  Dumily was quite happy to off-load her soon to be ex-husband as Liz's to deal with.  

I only wish that Cameron didn't think of stupid and defective detective Spencer as his daddy.  He's as bad as dead Smith.  

It's unfortunate that Zander was vilified during his last months on the show so that TIIC could prop NEm (along with a black character being shoved in the closet), which is why Nikolas' recent actions (regarding ELQ and Haylen) never bothered me too much. It would be nice if Zander was absolved of the PC fire, too, since the original episodes showed that it wasn't arson (so a recton of the recton wouldn't bother me). In fact, if they still wanted to blame someone, why not SWSNBN? AJ and Zander had a bus run over them for her, so it would balance the karmic scales.

• Love 3

God damn it. I was looking for Sonny kissing someone on youtube cause I wanted to show how terrible his kissing has become and now youtube is recommending me every horrible couple love scene ever:

Michael/everyone

Sonny/Emily

Patrick/Sabrina

Sam/Silas

gah

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

God damn it. I was looking for Sonny kissing someone on youtube cause I wanted to show how terrible his kissing has become and now youtube is recommending me every horrible couple love scene ever:

Michael/everyone

Sonny/Emily

Patrick/Sabrina

Sam/Silas

gah

Frank's GH has produced some of the most awful love scenes involving Sam. The only good one was the most recent one with Jason. All the others were so awkward and KeMo would look like a half-asleep zombie.

• Love 1

Grant Putnam and Celia Q did marry as planned, but it almost didn't happen because her lover on the side (Jimmy Lee ... also her cousin!  Ewwww!) made her extremely late for her wedding and made Grant think Celia was screwing around on him again.  Grant (really a DVX agent named Andre Chernin) only went through with the wedding because the DVX made him, since it was his cover.  He eventually came to actually love Celia and turned on the DVX and his home country, getting asylum in the US.

In '84, the real Grant Putnam turned up alive, so DVX Grant renamed himself Grant Andrews.  In '85, I think Grant Andrews runs into Anna at one point and sort of recognizes her ... maybe the DVX had office holiday parties for their double agents?  LOL.

• Love 2

Roger Howarth is actually really good at the tormented bad guy trying to do good, which is why this whole role is confusing to me.  He did a long and well-earned redemption of Todd on OLTL.  And it was known how uncomfortable RH was with making an anti-hero out of a rapist.  Yet he plays this role as somewhat of a joke.  I can only imagine that he hates his character, hates the writers, but is phoning it in for the salary.  So he throws in all the humor to communicate his disdain for the writing.

They really do.  I never cared for Jax until he was with Carly.  I cheered them on when they kept "Little John" from Nikolas, and I was so glad Courtney was dead and gone.  I thought it was Carly's happiest point in her life, and I think Jax was happy as well. 

Who spilled the beans on the baby?  It was probably "I must reveal the paternity of every child but my own" Robin.

O/T  I turned on the TV the other day, and it happened to be on Bold and the Beautiful.   I saw Kelly Cramer/Victoria Newman.  And then, of all people, I see Lois cuddled up to an old doughy man in bed.   Turns out it was Eric, who's in his 70's, and he had a beard to cover his jowls, and the sheet pulled up over his boobs.  I wonder if soap actresses get tired of this shit.

I fucking hate Jax with Carly. It is like watching the Joker with Harley Quinn. An abusive jackass reeling in and dubbing someone that on paper, is too good for him, but at least Batman canon acknowledges they are completely fucked up.   Why any man, especially a man with Jax's looks and status, would marry a demanding harridan who not only is well past thirty, has two other children with two different men, but not only doesn't feel one gram of guilt that she destroyed one really good man's life (and that of his wife and adoptive son) and one of the few men on this show that was truly remorseful of his actions and was working on bettering his life, but she feels justified she sometimes brags about it (except to Bobbie, got keep her in her good graces). In a lot of ways, Carly is the anti Tracey, they both maybe bitches, but it seems all the men in Tracy's life turn around and betray her or are general creeps, despite her intense loyalty to them (or in the case of Larry Ashton, she never ruined his life when she could very well). Tracy is the one that deserved a Jax, or even Jax, not Carly. I really want Jax to swan in one day with a GH's answer to Amal Alamuddin, basically a saner, younger version of Alexis. I hated how Guza made Lady Jane swoon all over Carly, when she should be setting her son up with at least saner women without Carly's Borderline Disorder when she saw her son seriously considering marrying that hag. Watching Carly marrying Jax and having the little girl she always wanted was akin to watching that unapologetic jackass Donald Trump winning the presidency and having his happy family, including an ex model, 25 year younger wife and healthy ten year old son (and I am speaking as someone that didn't much care for Hilary Clinton as well).

And yes, it was Robin that told the secret, and this time she didn't take her sweet time doing so, so she did take the correct lesson for the saga of the Red!Menace, because it while paternity secrets aren't for her to tell, they are also not hers to keep.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I hated how Guza made Lady Jane swoon all over Carly, when she should be setting her son up with at least saner women without Carly's Borderline Disorder when she saw her son seriously considering marrying that hag.

Lady Jane loved Alexis. And I vaguely remember her not being crazy about Brenda, though I could be wrong.

• Love 2

I used to love GH Thanksgiving epis. The JnR fantasy one was so adorbs. 

Jason: Think you'll be warm enough?

Robin: I'm fine.

Jason: Here, just take my jacket.

Robin: What? I get two jackets and you get nothing?

Jason: Yeah, I don't get cold...

Robin: I know you don't get cold, but that doesn't make you immune to frostbite. Now put your jacket on. Please.

Jason: Man, you're bossy.

Robin: Only with you.

Jason: That's not what I hear.

Robin: What!? Who else thinks I'm bossy?

Jason: Helmet first...

Robin: Jason, who else thinks I'm bossy?

Jason: No one.

Robin: But you do.

Jason: I think you're perfect.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2016 at 0:26 PM, Oracle42 said:

That relationship was so rushed that she probably never got a chance to meet her

Yeah, I don't even remember Lady Jane meeting Skye. But I concur that she did love Alexis (and Carly, for some unfathomable reason). I do remember one time Lady Jane had asked pre-mommy (and retcon with Sam) Alexis how she liked children. If I recall, Alexis deadpanned, "Fried." Damn, now I miss Jaxis all over again.

• Love 3

GH Jan-Nov 2016 episode count

Number of Episodes in 2016: 231

Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 151

Billy Miller (Jason Morgan) – 132
Kelly Monaco (Sam Morgan) – 126
Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos) – 121
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) – 115
William deVry (Julian Jerome) – 104
Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) – 104
Rebecca Budig (Hayden Cassadine) – 101
Maura West (Ava Jerome) – 100
Roger Howarth (Robert “Franco” Frank) – 96
Finola Hughes (Anna Devane) – 92
Vinessa Antoine (Jordan Ashford) – 90
Matt Cohen (Dr. Griffin Munro) – 87
Dominic Zamprogna (Dante Falconeri) – 83
Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos) – 81
Ryan Paevey (Nathan West) – 78
Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) – 78
Richard Burgi (Paul Hornsby) – 77
Michael Easton (Dr. Hamilton Finn) – 77
Jane Elliot (Tracy Quartermaine) – 75
Hayley Erin (Kiki Jerome) – 74
Michelle Stafford (Nina Reeves) – 74
Emme Rylan (Lulu Falconeri) – 71
Robert Palmer Watkins (Dillon Quartermaine) – 70
Bryan Craig (Morgan Corinthos) – 64
Donnell Turner (Curtis Ashford) – 64
Genie Francis (Laura Spencer) – 62
Lexi Ainsworth (Kristina Davis) – 55
Tyler Christopher (Nikolas Cassadine) – 52
Anthony Montgomery (Dr. Andre Maddox) – 51
Leslie Charleson (Dr. Monica Quartermaine) – 40
Chloe Lanier (Nelle Hayes) – 38
Kathleen Gati (Dr. Liesl Obrecht) – 37
Brytni Sarpy (Valerie Spencer) – 37
Jon Lindstrom (Dr. Kevin Collins) – 34
Jeffrey Vincent Parise (Carlos Rivera-26/Dr. Joe Rivera-6) – 31
Haley Alexis Pullos (Molly Lansing) – 31
Lisa LoCicero (Olivia Falconeri) – 29
Kin Shriner (Scott Baldwin) – 29
Bree Williamson (Claudette Boland) – 28
Teresa Castillo (Sabrina Santiago) – 27
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine) – 27
Marc Anthony Samuel (Felix DuBois) – 24
Ryan Carnes (Dr. Lucas Jones) – 23
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane Miller) – 22
James Nigbor (Jake Spencer) – 19
Ingo Rademacher (Jasper “Jax” Jacks) – 18
Parry Shen (Brad Cooper) – 18
Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe) – 17
Scarlett Fernandez (Charlotte Cassadine) – 16
Eden McCoy (Josslyn Jacks) – 15
Robin Riker (Naomi Dreyfus) – 15
Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie Spencer) – 15
Nick Stabile (Nikolas Cassadine) – 14
Sonya Eddy (Epiphany Johnson) – 13
Risa Dorken (Amy Driscoll) – 12
Hudson West (Jake Spencer) – 12
Johnny DeLuca (Aaron Roland) – 11
Ashley Jones (Parker Forsyth) – 11
Tristan Rogers (Robert Scorpio) – 11
Ava & Grace Scarola (Avery Jerome) – 11
Nicholas Bechtel (Spencer Cassadine) – 10
Wallace Kurth (Ned Ashton) – 10
Kimberly McCullough (Dr. Robin Drake) – 10
Tequan Richmond (T.J. Ashford) – 10
Matt Riedy (Dr. Matthew Mayes) – 10
Eli & Ilee Alzubaidy (Teddy Santiago) – 9
Molly Burnett (Maxie Jones) – 9
Derk Cheetwood (Max Giambetti) – 9
Jesica Ahlberg (Darby Collette) – 8
Brandon Barash (Johnny Zacchara) – 8
Brooklyn Rae Silzer (Emma Drake) – 8
T.K. Weaver (Danny Morgan) – 8
Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli) – 7
Shari Belafonte (Mayor Janice Lomax) – 7
Robin Mattson (Heather Webber) – 7
Kristina Wagner (Felicia Scorpio) – 7
Noshir Dalal (Raj) – 5
Trent Dawson (Huxley Lynch) – 6
Don Harvey (Tom Baker) – 5
Troy Ruptash (Landon Dixon) – 5
Anthony Vitale (Aldo) – 5
John J. York (Mac Scorpio) – 5
Braiden & Dylan Kazowski (Danny Morgan) – 4
Guy Nardulli (Pete Inglis) – 4
Tom Parker (Baxter Corbin) – 4
Blake Shelton (Hale Garrett) – 4
N/A (Leo Falconeri) – 4
Anne Betancourt (Inocencia Santos) – 3
Rick Hearst (Ric Lansing) – 3
Michael Leone (Cameron Webber) – 3
Andrea Savo (Daphne) – 3
Justin Smith (Holt) – 3
Jason Thompson (Dr. Patrick Drake) – 3
Constance Towers (Helena Cassadine) – 3
Ian Buchanan (Duke Lavery) – 2
Drew Cheetwood (Milo Giambetti) – 2
Jason David (Aiden Spencer) – 2
Nick Gomez (Marcos Santos) – 2
Preston Jones (Evan Lloyd) – 2
Alina Patra (Susan Hornsby) – 2
Sean Blakemore (Shawn Butler) – 1
Diane Delano (Margarethe) – 1
Charlie & Ethan Losie (Rocco Falconeri) – 1
Hugo Napier (Larry Ashton) – 1
Minae Noji (Dr. Kelly Lee) – 1
Alan Rachins (Judge Horowitz) – 1
Donny Sheldon (Donny Sheldon) – 1
Mason Tannous (Rocco Falconeri) – 1
Emily Wilson (Ellie Trout) – 1

It's weird that Scott and Olivia have had basically the same amount of episodes. He feels like he's on way more than her.

I also am surprised Kiki is not higher up. Less episodes than Jane Elliot, who woulda thunk. I guess propping Finn and Hayden is a busy gig.

• Love 1