Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Twofer

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

NCIS is called in to investigate when the body of a missing Navy Lieutenant who disappeared a year and a half ago is located by a cemetery grounds crew while they are relocating caskets on the property. Also, Gibbs and McGee must pass a psych evaluation with Doctor Grace Confalone before officially resuming all work responsibilities.

• Love 1

The case was pretty boring, but I liked the McGee-Gibbs stuff.  I was little confused when the widow said she wanted to testify at the trial. What does she know?  She obviously didnt' know anything before she heard him confess.  I think they're giving Ducky a grand send off.  Or maybe the show's just trying to honor him.

• Love 5

That was a really good episode! An interesting case-of-the-week, time given to the main cast members (looks like Quinn is on hiatus for a bit, if she ever returns) pretty evenly, and the B-plot of Gibbs and McGee's return was dealt with in a satisfying way. Torres is growing on me, filling in the slightly-goofy agent slot left by Tony's departure. As a big McGee fan, I thought his unease and inability to reset to normality was really nicely handled. And I appreciated seeing Gibbs both embrace his new lease on life, yet still have issues--the trembling hand, the locked door. 

Oh, and as someone who always used to find the younger Laura San Giacomo rather irritating, I like her a lot more now that she's older, a much better actress than her "The Stand" self.

ETA: forgot to mention the MEs! Lots of good stuff there, especially seeing Jimmy step up after passing out. I wouldn't be surprised if this is David McCallum's last season, even if the thought saddens me. I have really liked him since seeing The Great Escape as a kid in the '70s.

Edited by Sharpie66
  • Love 5

Rewatching. Lots of good lines.

"Bolo!" In four-part harmony.

"No! No. Don't leave! Stay...sit...I mean, get a water." Loved how she talked to Gibbs like a dog.

"Hey, Duck, whaddya go--wooo! It has gotten worse." MH's line delivery in autopsy cracked me up.

"To think, they actually enjoy this." "Hah--face it, we all enjoy this."

"Now, why would you flip over a giant tire?" "It was there?" Said as a true macho male.

"Oh, go for it." I loved Vairo's attorney, very funny.

• Love 7

It got a bit confusing at times but all the McGee-Gibbs stuff was amazing...and after watching LG in "The Stand" over the weekend, I really enjoyed her here..and her face looked more normal here than on that miniseries.

They are dialing Torres in a notch...Bishop still annoys...and Abby wasn't in it as much...

Overall, not bad...and slightly better than last season..

• Love 2

First impression: Abby has matured.  At least Abby's hair is more mature, meanwhile Bishop seems to have the Breck girl golden locks falling all over evidence sites.  

Not sure the dialog tied to Bishop being in charge rings true.  They aren't letting her interact with her higher ups....too hard to write convincingly?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

Torres is growing on me,

Same here, and it's almost hard to admit but I'm liking Bishop as well.

I loved seeing the softer side of Gibbs and while I've never been overly impressed with Sean Murray's acting (he's so one dimensional in my opinion) he nailed it in this episode.

• Love 8

I feel like I'm in some alternate reality. Gibbs cracking jokes, smiling, laughing? Who is this man? Where is my Leroy Jethro Gibbs? Give him BACK! He did come back at the end when Gibbs snapped at McGee, when McGee accused him of "faking it" so he could "pass" the psych evaluation.

And Bishop as "boss?" I just...can't. No, just NO.

The entire episode was one big giant snoozefest for me. I could barely pay attention.

• Love 3

It was hard not to miss Gibb's hand shaking at the end of last night's episode.  I hope the writer's aren't going to use a Parkinson's/MS storyline for MH's supposed exit from the show & his symptom gets diagnosed as nerve damage after months of being beaten & tortured in Paraguay. No Gibbs, No Ducky.........makes NCIS totally unwatchable for me.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

It was hard not to miss Gibb's hand shaking at the end of last night's episode.  I hope the writer's aren't going to use a Parkinson's/MS storyline for MH's supposed exit from the show & his symptom gets diagnosed as nerve damage after months of being beaten & tortured in Paraguay. No Gibbs, No Ducky.........makes NCIS totally unwatchable for me.

I took that as the same thing that happened with Clayton Webb on JAG, who was, ironically, tortured in Paraguay at the end of season eight. His hand started trembling and shaking, just like Gibbs's was--nerve damage, maybe? I care more about Gibbs and worry he won't be able to make anymore boats!

I'm so shallow. Clearly I care about his health, but priorities!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

I may be showing my age, Sharpie, but I've thought DM  was Supercool since he appeared on the Man From UNCLE as  Illya Kuryakin.  And because of classic cable TV networks  I'm getting to watch his many guest appearances on shows like Perry Mason, Outer Limits & Murder She Wrote.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, enoughcats said:

At least Abby's hair is more mature

Am I the only one that wants to take her hair out of the pig tails and brush it?  Like every episode...that thought is in the back of my mind....

#INeedALife

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I took that as the same thing that happened with Clayton Webb on JAG, who was, ironically, tortured in Paraguay at the end of season eight. His hand started trembling and shaking, just like Gibbs's was--nerve damage, maybe? I care more about Gibbs and worry he won't be able to make anymore boats!

Good, no, great memory.  Speaking of JAGs they could move forward, time wise, into NCIS.  A more mature Clayton Webb would be a delight to behold. 

A trembling hand for most woodworking would be a lost hobby. As well as what it would do to his marksmanship.  Now to go back and watch for one hand or both hands.  

7 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Speaking of JAGs they could move forward, time wise, into NCIS.  A more mature Clayton Webb would be a delight to behold. 

No way. Not after the way he screwed Sarah (Mac); I'd rather see Harm, Bud, Mac. Hell, we've seen Chegwidden!

• Love 2
Just now, enoughcats said:

Didn't we see ?Admiral Bud last season?

D'OH! That's how much of an impression last season made! I need to go back and watch "Rogue." So they promoted him to Admiral? I still wanna know who resigned their commission: Harm or Mac!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, kassygreene said:

Bud is now a Captain (Naval), equivalent rank to Colonel.  

Thank you! I knew that Chegwidden wrote a letter to the Promotions Board, giving them numerous examples of other officers who had been injured, but that didn't prevent them from being promoted, as one of the last things he did before he retired. So at the end of JAG, Bud was Commander. I figured his rise up wouldn't be as fast as others.

So can I expect you to chime in on that forum now, @kassygreene? Hmm? Wellllllll?????

I just cannot watch if they are going to let Bishop take a stronger lead role and let Gibbs and McGhee step back.  She is just horrible,  Her character began as a quirky young computer geek.  Leaving the door open for McGhee to move into a more "agent" role.  then all of a sudden she is in charge.  nothing happened to her with ALL of her huge mistakes.  Apparently the powers want her.  

This show is over.  But I still love Ducky and miss Franks

Edited by stuckin60s
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thank you! I knew that Chegwidden wrote a letter to the Promotions Board, giving them numerous examples of other officers who had been injured, but that didn't prevent them from being promoted, as one of the last things he did before he retired. So at the end of JAG, Bud was Commander. I figured his rise up wouldn't be as fast as others.

So can I expect you to chime in on that forum now, @kassygreene? Hmm? Wellllllll?????

It's on my to-re-watch list (I have CBS All Access).  But I currently have a list of about 150 series to watch (on at least three platforms), so it may be awhile.

8 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

I may be showing my age, Sharpie, but I've thought DM  was Supercool since he appeared on the Man From UNCLE as  Illya Kuryakin.  And because of classic cable TV networks  I'm getting to watch his many guest appearances on shows like Perry Mason, Outer Limits & Murder She Wrote.

I just saw his Hart to Hart episode. He's the deranged hunter wanting a human trophy ala the short story The Most Dangerous Game we had to read in junior high.

21 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is David McCallum's last season, even if the thought saddens me.

It's been confirmed that Pauley Perrette is out at the end of this season. If David McCallum decides to go too, I think it may be the end of the show.

Originally posted this in the wrong thread--sorry about that!

For some reason, I never thought about how the two-month captivity would change the relationship between Gibbs and McGee. I really enjoyed seeing how comfortable they finally are with each other as seen in this episode. Maybe it was on display last season, but since I missed most of it (I'll have to catch up online), I didn't see it then. Between Gibbs tugging on McGee's beard and patting his face, then tapping him on the torso as they passed in Grace's waiting room at the end, he is definitely more physical with Tim now. On Tim's side, the ease he had with his middle-of-the-night visit to Gibbs' basement reminded me of how Tony would drop by, yet Tim never seemed comfortable when he was at Gibbs' house for any reason. Also, their banter back and forth last week about nose punching and carving breaking was just very natural, not stilted at all. I think that Tim is finally at ease with being Gibbs' right-hand man.

• Love 7

I really liked this episode. The mystery wasn't much but I didn't want something convoluted. I wanted to see how Gibbs and McGee's return affected everything. Plus, I can never get enough of Laura San Giacomo. I like the direction they're moving Gibbs in. It's a nice change. Seeing Jimmy take charge was wonderful - I'm loving this confident man he's become. I liked how Ellie was running things. Great growth for her character too.

I just loved the feel of this episode and liked what it has set up for going forward. More like this, please.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2017 at 6:55 PM, stuckin60s said:

I just cannot watch if they are going to let Bishop take a stronger lead role and let Gibbs and McGhee step back.  She is just horrible,  Her character began as a quirky young computer geek.  Leaving the door open for McGhee to move into a more "agent" role.  then all of a sudden she is in charge.  nothing happened to her with ALL of her huge mistakes.  Apparently the powers want her.  

This show is over.  But I still love Ducky and miss Franks

I don't honestly believe that's going to happen. Her being able to run the team will give the show time to explore what happened to McGee and Gibbs without turning on a lightswitch and making everything ok, like they did after the African adventure. But I feel confident that within a few episodes we'll see McGee back in his role as senior agent and that will give Gibbs a chance to step back, which opens up new possibilities for Mark Harmon to play. 

I don't miss Franks at all. I'm happy he's gone. Couldn't stand the guy.

Edited by marina to
  • Love 2

I am glad that TPTB let Bishop lead the team during the temporary absence of Gibbs and McGee.  The usual procedure in shows of this nature is to bring in some hotshot agent who immediately makes enemies right and left as he/she demands that the team follow all new rules and procedures.  It usually takes four or five episodes until the new Agent in Charge is shown to be a nincompoop or horse's ass, followed by a return to normalcy when the absent team members return.  Sometimes, as with Director Granger, the horse's ass actually learns to be a fully accepted team member, but most often, they remain a buffoon until they go back to wherever they came from.

With Bishop, everything just kept on track.

• Love 3
On 10/3/2017 at 6:08 PM, Sharpie66 said:

Oh, and as someone who always used to find the younger Laura San Giacomo rather irritating, I like her a lot more now that she's older, a much better actress than her "The Stand" self.

Oh, now why'd you have to go and remind me about that performance? LOL. She is better now, I agree.

I'm always happy to see a smiling Mark Harmon. 

As for the shakes, after he had his talk with McGee, I took them as the first hint that he wasn't "okay" - (as he said, he was "okay enough") - and they were manifestations of PTSD, rather than anything neurological. 

• Love 2

Bishop's behavior as lead isn't horrible, but for me it isn't believable, either. As mentioned previously, her Breck girl golden locks and her skinny jeans make her look like a college student wandering around the crime scene. Shouldn't she be dressed in a somewhat more professional manner? She looks like she belongs on NCIS LA.

I am curious to see how things go for Gibbs. I didn't care for the idea that he was deliberately faking because that level of dishonesty doesn't seem his style, yet I found it hard to believe he was perfectly fine. I don't want to see him suffer too much, though. McGee's suffering was just right. 

Overall I enjoyed the episode, although I thought the wife was acting weird when they interviewed her and knew she was involved in some way. 

• Love 4
On 10/8/2017 at 0:08 PM, ForReal said:

Bishop's behavior as lead isn't horrible, but for me it isn't believable, either. As mentioned previously, her Breck girl golden locks and her skinny jeans make her look like a college student wandering around the crime scene. Shouldn't she be dressed in a somewhat more professional manner? She looks like she belongs on NCIS LA.

She's going to be crawling around at crime scenes and you want her in a suit and heels? She can't help that she looks young.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2017 at 0:08 PM, ForReal said:

9 hours ago, marina to said:

She's going to be crawling around at crime scenes and you want her in a suit and heels? She can't help that she looks young.

Aside from Kate and Tony on occassion, everyone on the team has always dressed casual--in jeans and boots, etc., because they go to crime scenes, and I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is Bishop reverting back to sitting on the floor as if she's in her living room when she had her rendition of "camp fire."

Well didn't see Phil Poderman the fork truck operator as part of the crime. He was the one complaining about moving the caskets, but maybe that should have been a clue. I did suspect Pete Wilkins the Phys therapist. Especially after he and Donna Coyne, Richards wife, were found to be close. The drug dealer Leo Vairo didn't seem bad enough to do it.

Liked Gibbs being nice and being on time to see Dr. Grace Confalone, she was surprised also. With Bishop in charge you could see Gibbs slowly moving back into charge.

Liked Torres finally finding his jacket as Gibbs pointed out. Laughed at him taking the cemetery talk of Phil as his own.

Liked that Tim has problems with what happened. And taking it differently then Leroy. Even though in private we do see Gibbs having problems. The way he acts is a lot like my dad after his heart attack, he is grateful for a lot more. Liked Tim visiting Gibbs in the basement, and Leroy cleaning out a screw jar for a drink. Hopefully Gibbs talk will help them both. Maybe Gibbs hand shaking was used for the episode story. Liked the Gibbs/Tim hug.

Thought Ducky's ring tone would be as my son stated, "The man from Uncle" Theme.Nice he is getting recognized. Wonder if this leads into a story line? Mr. Dr. Palmer passing out form the gasses was a bit scary. Guess they need masks more often.

Do wish we would hear from Fornell. Even throw it in as him visiting Gibbs and it seeming that he is/was worried and was checking up on him, or a story about him(FBI) helping search. Also miss Quinn and would like to know what they will do there.

Edited by webruce
added thought.
4 hours ago, webruce said:

Liked Tim visiting Gibbs in the basement, and Leroy cleaning out a screw jar for a drink. .

Doesn't he usually do that whenever anyone comes into the basement?

Thought Ducky's ringtone would be as my son stated, "The Man From Uncle" theme.

Ringtone is Scotland the Brave

Edited by DJG1122
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, DJG1122 said:

Doesn't he usually do that whenever anyone comes into the basement?

Yes. So this wasn't anything extra special he did for McGee.

22 minutes ago, DJG1122 said:

Ringtone is Scotland the Brave

Which I LOVE!!!! My old "stupid" phone used to have that as a pre-loaded ringtone!

• Love 3

Looks like steps to let Ducky leave, I will be very sad.

bishop again, going in the door first?  She is not a senior agent nor is she as trained with fighting and tactics as others.  They should let the girl do what suits the person playing the character.  She could be the old McGee.  Just cant stand the way she is center of the episodes, Gibbs, is stepping back, Ducky looks to be leaving, and Abby is leaving.  guess I will be too

17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. So this wasn't anything extra special he did for McGee.

Which I LOVE!!!! My old "stupid" phone used to have that as a pre-loaded ringtone!

True on the jar information, I just always liked it.

I thought maybe on the "MFU" ring tone that maybe Jimmy could have it, and Ducky telling him it was a catchy tune.

Edited by webruce
added info.
On 10/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, stuckin60s said:

bishop again, going in the door first?  She is not a senior agent nor is she as trained with fighting and tactics as others.  

Neither was McGee at first. She's been on the team for a bit now - why is it so hard to believe that she has gotten advanced training in that time? Didn't we have an episode last year when a friend of McGee's came to do exactly that? I can't see why Gibbs wouldn't have insisted on it.

Edited by marina to
  • Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, webruce said:

I thought maybe on the "MFU" ring tone that maybe Jimmy could have it, and Ducky telling him it was a catchy tune.

That would be cute, especially with all of us that would recognize it