Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E31: Live Eviction #10

• Start Topic

Julie's dressmaker is so clever. I've just been throwing my dog's dirty, old bed's away!

Josh walking through the backyard, head high, mouth wide open, bawling like a three year old with a bad boo-boo, wailing something like, "Why do people always pick on me when I yell at them?" I feel like I shouldn't be watching something that messed up. Christmas hugging him and telling him how much she loves him when he is like that, is also creepy.

Matt finally coming alive long enough to yell at Jason in his high pitched squeak, was yet another creepy thing.

Why didn't Jason just tell the truth? "Yes, I told you two I was going to back door Kevin.  I meant it at the time, but I talked to Kevin right before the veto meeting and he reminded me that we've been good friends the whole time and I found I just couldn't bring myself to put him up."  It's as good as this season's excuse of, "I blanked out and said the wrong name."

I wanted to watch them all clean up the veto mess.

• Love 13

I was actually surprised at how clueless Matt seemed ( a pretty face always deceives me). He ACTUALLY feels that Raven is playing a good game & he seems to really like her. I honestly thought it was just a showmance and that he thought she was as ridiculous as we all do - the power of sex!   Meanwhile, Jason is totally cringeworthy and plays  one of the worst games ever. Kevin has done nothing in this game and he, too, can just go home. He wasn't even willing to help out a friend to be a pawn; although history has shown that you can't trust your friends in this house (I'm looking at you,Alex, lying about the wonky vote you made by mistake). My hat is off to Paul, because all his machinations have actually helped make this watchable, but in truth, he hasn't had to work too hard with these dummies.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

The more I watch Josh, the more I believe he's has some mental deficiencies.  Christmas knows it.  She treats him like he does.  It's kind of sick that Paul uses Josh to start drama.  

Cody for AFP.  That will blow Paul and his minions' minds. 

IDK about mental, but I've wondered whether he was deaf at some point maybe as a kid, but with advancements can now hear, but still has that kind of deflection in his voice..whatever it is, if anything, he's over come it well

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Which is why I said above that Kevin should have kept yelling at Josh.   I know it sounds cruel, but once Josh starts getting out of control, there is no stopping him until he walks off and cries.  He should have learned long ago that actions have consequences.  Coddling him hasn't worked.  He seems to keep cycling between fighting and crying fits.  I am tired of it. 

At the beginning of the season I felt very bad for Josh.  At that time, I understood why house guests would attempt to comfort him.

Now, I am just totally annoyed by the whole thing.  He is a grown adult in terms of age, but his actions I think tell a different story.

I don't know what is going to happen if/when Christmas has to turn on Josh.   As it is,  Josh seems to becoming very overprotective of Christmas, which is making me incredibly uncomfortable.

Again I feel for Josh.  He could be my brother from another mother. We are both super sensitive, HATE confrontations, which isn't to say we don't deal with one, but its hard and after is the blame yourself game. My time in high school was horrendous every dam day for 4 fucking years I was terrorized, harrassed, vandalized. And on and on and on. Anyway I say all this to say that my emotional development arrested at that age and Im a hot mess. Cry all the time, good or bad.  Will go out of my way to avoid a confrontation, etc etc.  I bet Josh is a Libra

• Love 3
18 hours ago, escape said:

Matt has to be one of the most clueless and useless hgs ever.   What a waste in casting.

I hope Paul gets shock boot.  And if he snakes his way to the Final 2, I hope history repeats itself and he gets screwed and comes in 2nd - again.

Well.....that would still be $50k

The thing with Julie's shirt is that I liked the overlay with the white layering tank underneath, but those woolen bell sleeves didn't even MATCH and that I cannot abide.  And she (or someone) probably paid more than my mortgage for it.

Cody is so hateful, but funny, and also hot and I hate him for it.  If we could take his looks and mash them with Mark's personality we could have something.

I hope Elena looks in the mirror and sees how gorgeous she is with a paler lip and not the garish red she likes.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

Watching Christmas and Josh is like watching a mom handle a toddler who is having a meltdown.  When Christmas told Josh to go sit in the corner of the lawn and face away from the house so that no one else could see he was crying, I turned to my 13-year-old daughter and said, "She put him in a time out!"

Yes, exactly.   Josh yelled at Kevin thinking he was defending Christmas, and accused Kevin of lying, even though Kevin was basically making conversation.  Josh seems to have some emotional problem, where his reactions are out of proportion to the situation.  We see him happy and excited about every little thing, then an out of control rage attack  over next-to-nothing.   this is not normal for an adult.   

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LGGirl said:

The more I watch Josh, the more I believe he's has some mental deficiencies.  Christmas knows it.  She treats him like he does.  It's kind of sick that Paul uses Josh to start drama.  

I don't think Josh has any mental deficiencies. I think he's just eager to be part of the Kool Kidz Klub and will do anything to please them and be accepted by them. I bet he's been bullied all his life and loves being in with the The Paul Squad.

4 hours ago, Tammee said:

Again I feel for Josh.  He could be my brother from another mother. We are both super sensitive, HATE confrontations, which isn't to say we don't deal with one, but its hard and after is the blame yourself game. My time in high school was horrendous every dam day for 4 fucking years I was terrorized, harrassed, vandalized. And on and on and on. Anyway I say all this to say that my emotional development arrested at that age and Im a hot mess. Cry all the time, good or bad.  Will go out of my way to avoid a confrontation, etc etc.  I bet Josh is a Libra

I'm a sensitive Libra, too, but I, by no means, see Josh being similar to me. Please, no!

3 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

I am not generally a violent person, but, I would pay to see that little bitch Josh get every tooth knocked out of his mouth. 

I wouldn't pay someone to do it, but if its being done, regardless, I'd pay to watch.

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Cody is so hateful, but funny, and also hot and I hate him for it.  If we could take his looks and mash them with Mark's personality we could have something.

I, too, hated Mark hugging everyone. If someone is gonna treat me like crap, I will not offer them any kindness.

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Now we know Matt is the kind that speaks like Minnie Mouse when he's upset. 

I love this!

• Love 1

My issue with Josh is not that he's sensitive, it's that he seems to love one-sided confrontations where he sees himself on top.  For the most part Mark just took his crap, so it went on and on and on.  Same would have gone for Kevin, but he wasn't going to take it lying down.  Paraphrasing: 'Why do people always yell at me when I call them out on stuff' was a strange thing to say.  He doesn't understand?  It's like saying 'Why do people always hit me when I'm hitting them?'  Weird.

Jason and Alex's alliance is based almost solely on Jason's bowing to Alex.  That's it.

Did Raven swear on her....pacemaker?  Everyone should get $5000 for having to live with her.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Did Raven swear on her....pacemaker?  Everyone should get $5000 for having to live with her.

Yes. Now there's a national recall on pacemakers because of possible malfunction.  Seriously. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ghoulina said:

... In the earlier seasons, the Have/Have-not thing was a much bigger deal. We knew who was who every week. We knew exactly what the parameters were. There was at one point voting, to determine which foods they COULD have. I also remember, back in the day, there were food comps to EARN food for the house. I don't know how they do it know, but it appears these hamsters give out actual shopping lists, the way Matt was always scarfing down the cereal. 

9 hours ago, butterbody said:

... I miss the have not stuff, too. There was always a fun competition and I liked when the viewers could vote on what they could eat in addition to slop. It was always some silly alliteration like 'scrapple and squid ink". Sometimes the hamsters would get very clever with their concoctions. 

Thanks for the background.  I would have enjoyed that.   Were showmances as common back then as they are now--did everyone try to couple up as soon as the front door closed behind them?  Does it sort of seem like they've replaced the time spent on the Have/Not angle with "Showmance Action"?

Matt said, "I don't hold it against him [Jason]--it's all part of the game" and I thought:  "That's remarkably mature of you, Matt.  Good for you.  Go calm down your stupid hysterical girlfriend."

Five seconds later, the top of Matt's head blew off and he went stomping around, squeak-yelling about Jason hiding in the pantry.  "THAT'S MY ONLY COMPLAINT!  HE'S HIDING IN THE SUPPLY ROOM!  HE'S HIDING IN THERE!!!"

Oh, Matt--dipshit--if he's just in the next room, and you know he's in the next room, he's not exactly "hiding."

• Love 9
14 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I had my eyes WIDE OPEN hoping to see anything good in Cody that I may have missed while he was in the house.  I got nothing.  I simply can't fathom still hating people even after you've stepped back, taken a breath & reminded yourself it's just a game. 

The other players  went too far taking it beyond a game trying to sabatoge a potential future, solid relationship between Cody and Jess once they are both back in the real world.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, candall said:

Five seconds later, the top of Matt's head blew off and he went stomping around, squeak-yelling about Jason hiding in the pantry.  "THAT'S MY ONLY COMPLAINT!  HE'S HIDING IN THE SUPPLY ROOM!  HE'S HIDING IN THERE!!!"

Oh, Matt--dipshit--if he's just in the next room, and you know he's in the next room, he's not exactly "hiding."

Hilarious!   Yes, you're all stuck in a pretty small space.  He wasn't HIDING, he was just in another room, talking to someone else.    Matt made it sound like Jason was cowering in fear of  what Matt described as "105 pound girl."  (uh huh, yeah, 105 pounds, sure) 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

The other players  went too far taking it beyond a game trying to sabatoge a potential future, solid relationship between Cody and Jess once they are both back in the real world.

Based on what's aired, I feel differently.  I found Cody's attitude despicable before any of the childish taunting/retaliation began - but even I can step back and acknowledge this is just "tv hate" and there's probably more to him than his house behavior.  I expected at least a hint of the same from him after eviction, but...no.   MMV, of course! :)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, candall said:

Matt said, "I don't hold it against him [Jason]--it's all part of the game" and I thought:  "That's remarkably mature of you, Matt.  Good for you.  Go calm down your stupid hysterical girlfriend."

OMG - YES!!!  Obviously you were in my head while I was watching.  Thank God Matt didn't "find his voice" earlier this season. 

I'm curious about the showmances, too.  I've only watched the last couple seasons, but showmances on BB & other shows usually seem to evolve more slowly.  I thought it was so strange that this group walked in the house & immediately picked their "soulmate" from the line up.  That makes me even more skeptical than usual that any of these "relationships" will translate into anything in the real world.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I, too, hated Mark hugging everyone. If someone is gonna treat me like crap, I will not offer them any kindness.

No shit. Especially after that obnoxious Veto speech Christmas made about "paying you back by just listening to you". Girl, bye. 

15 hours ago, candall said:

Thanks for the background.  I would have enjoyed that.   Were showmances as common back then as they are now--did everyone try to couple up as soon as the front door closed behind them?  Does it sort of seem like they've replaced the time spent on the Have/Not angle with "Showmance Action"?

I've been watching on and off since season one, but I have the memory of a mop. I do recall there being "showmances" as early as season 2 - both Boogie and Will. I think it's kind of the nature of the house, that if you're single (or even NOT, in some cases) and there's an attractive person in the house, it's going to happen. But I do think in the earlier seasons they were more organic, and lately the initial hooking up feels more forced - like they're just looking for a shield. I also think PRODUCTION has focused more on them in recent years. And I'd prefer to see a lot of other stuff that happens in the house. 

• Love 7

In a bunch of recent seasons, they've walked into the house and immediately formed a 5-25 member alliance with some corny name, as opposed to coupling up like this folks did. I wonder if Production told them to lay off the alliance names?  

Also, I really miss the Have Not competition and the luxury food ones. They swapped them out for these additional "twist" competitions, to which I say: feh.

• Love 5