Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E05: Road To Redemption

• Start Topic

The Challengers learn that the eliminated players have been biding their time until they reenter the house; revenge consumes the minds of those in the Redemption House when they learn that they will be competing to get back in the house.

Who is this Britni chick?  She is super annoying.

Ugh Darrell no I love you.  Tony is obnoxiously irritating.

Thank you so much Jenna for sending Amanda's punk ass back out.  And Jenna stayed dry both times.  And and, Jenna is tall, but she is not BIG, so shut your hole Amanda.

• Love 9

Well, that sucked. Redemption Challenge was lame for the preset brackets, and grabbing the opponent and hoping for luck is such a lame way to win. I'm not Jenna's biggest fan, but at least she shoved two girls out of the game. Tony, on the other hand?

Fuck Tony. Seriously, I have to root for him because of the two kids with two mothers? How is he more "worthy" than Darrell? And playing "Ava Maria"? Fuck your, BMP. Tony sucks, Shane sucks, and I know that does not apply to those kids. I feel bad that they got asshole DNA in them.

Better idea: Start with a four-way battle on a bigger platform. Winner gets a bye, loser is out for good. Other two guys face each other, winner gets a shot in the final. And maybe play for two points, when a kamikaze maneuver nets both players half a point, and double splashdowns cannot determine a final winner. Sorry if it sounds like I'm babbling . . . I acknowledge that this makes more sense in my head.

Sucks that Tony lucks into another chance, Ammo's win is more or less negated, and Darrell doesn't get to do to Cory what he did with Brad. At the very least, he could've shaved Cory bald.

Damn, I'm mad. And I didn't mention Camila's graceless reaction to Amanda losing. I don't like Amanda . . . but fuck off, Camila. Seriously. And fuck Johnny for starting a sentence with "If I had to bet $275,00 of Sarah's money . . ." You won, asshole. Stop rubbing it in.

• Love 5

Have you ever watched the people's couch on bravo. I want a show like that with CT and Leroy. I could watch them make snarky comment about anything. 

Poor Darrel I love him and sucks that he went home for good. 

Was Camilla looking in the mirror when she was saying how the other starts drama girl you are the worst I wish she would go. All these girls are just so awful. 

Im not really feeling the format this year. They spent a whole freaking episode on this redemption crap. Stick with the tried and true challenge -> elimination in the same episode. Is there a reason they are dragging this out. 

• Love 3

There was big disparity between Jenna and the other girls.

All the guys were strong enough that they wouldn't get easily overpowered.  They could grapple and hang on to their opponent as they're going overboard.

In one of the challenges, they fought with these big batons with foam at the end.  That would have been a more interesting challenge with that platform swinging back and forth.

But for the guys it was mostly luck as to which one would hit the water first.

Julie was a dirty player! Even from the start, in one of the earliest challenges she and Emily got into it because Julie didn't listen to the rules and ran down a slide or something when you were supposed to slide down and Emily was pissed! But yeah she was awful but she would have probably been good in this season because she does fit the mold of a dirty player. More so than a few people who are on this challenge.

Small Derrick yelled out "Let's go D!" when Darrell and Devin were up and it amused me because which one, Derrick?  I mean obvs it was Darrell but still.  I laughed.

If Darrell couldn't win Devin was the next acceptable outcome to me and if Devin couldn't win then Derrick would have been fine even if I don't buy the Great American Love Story between Derrick and Tori.  Tony was the absolute worst option.  

First he's annoying.  Second there's nothing interesting about him.  Third he's a minion for John.  Fourth CT and Darrell as bros makes me happy.

• Love 4

CT was looking yummy in those talking heads!

Every time Camilla opened her mouth to say something about Amanda, I was like, is she talking about herself?  She has no fucking self-awareness and I really hope her ass gets voted in on the next episode.

I'm tired of hearing Tony talk about his kids.  Just shut up.

And did Johnny say something to Tony about him losing to Ammo?  Why is that funny?  Ammo out played him.  Fuck off John!

• Love 6

That battle between Amanda and Jenna was so good. Way before she started kicking Amanda I was yelling kick her! Because I really can't stand Amanda. It doesn't matter if she hates Camilla. Yeah Camilla sucks and should go but so should Amanda. So bye-bye Amanda.

I hate that Tony made it back and not Darrell. Why should we give a shit about the fact that Tony can't use a condom? So he has kids. Why does that mean he deserves to stay in more when he can't even keep himself from drinking and turning into an asshole? How about doing that for your kids instead of worrying about winning a tv competition show.

• Love 10

I am also quite disappointed that Darrell didn't make it back in the house.  They really needed a different game for the redemption people. Or to have allowed the top 2 to come back.  And I could have tolerated literally anyone else but Tony making it back in. The editing (with the vision of his kids and the church-y song) has me veeeery concerned that he ends up winning. I will throw up in my mouth.  I would almost rather have the Banana win than freaking Tony.  Almost. Team CT or Derrick.  That is where I am right now.  And for the girls, Cara Maria, Jenna, or Aneesa would be a-ok with me. 

• Love 4

Johnny hoisting Camila up so she could splay her arms and legs out like a demented starfish because apparently her hatred for Amanda means she can't even stand on her own two feet and display it properly was seriously one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this show.  And this time she didn't even have the "excuse" of being drunk.  Stick to waggling your rear end at her--it's your better side.  Sigh.

Tony being so disappointed at Shane for having to go home?  Um.  No room to talk there, dude.

• Love 4

Jenna is pretty much my favorite girl so I am glad she won. Even though she hates Amanda, she still gave her a hug and told her good job. That's why I like Jenna. But, not going to lie, a small part of me wanted Amanda to win just because it would piss off Camila. I can't stand her. I can't really stand Amanda either, but between the two of them, I'll take Amanda.

I wanted Darell to win also so he could go for Cory's "curly-haired ass" LOL

18 hours ago, Racj82 said:

So we can pencil in Darrell/Cory and Amanda/Camilla for the next rivals season right?

Haha yes! I think Darell/Cory would actually be able to set shit aside and work together, but Camila/Amanda would probably implode before the first challenge

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

Do you think any of them even had the sense to think "If I fall with my opponent, I need to make sure I pull my legs up so I don't hit the water first"?

Sorry to say, the only one who was probably smart enough to think that was Devin, and he was most likely too busy shitting his pants while going head to head with frakking Darrell.  The rest, including Darrell, are not too bright....

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

So we can pencil in Darrell/Cory and Amanda/Camilla for the next rivals season right?

They could be a strong team, I just would hate to have Cory drag Darrell down in a final. 

• Love 2

If Darrell needs a partner for Rivals, I'd take even Tony over Cory.  Cory is USELESS.  I'd even take a fake Twitter fight between Darrell & Devin so they can be future partners.  Then again, I love Devin, he makes me laugh.

Glad Jenna made it back, Jemmye & Marie were shitting their pants.  And Marie goes into damage control mode.  No, Marie, they didn't take your idea and run with it in a direction you didn't want.  YOU campaigned for a break up of the Jenna/Kailah alliance and it worked!  Something tells me she wanted Kailah eliminated so Marie was the closest person to Jenna in the house.  Methinks she wanted to ride Jenna's coattails to the finale without worrying that she'd lose if Jenna had to choose between Marie & Kailah.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

Do you think any of them even had the sense to think "If I fall with my opponent, I need to make sure I pull my legs up so I don't hit the water first"?

Yeah if they have diving experience, maybe they would think to tuck their legs in or something.

But I don't think they anticipated falling with their opponent, especially the first couple of rounds.  And they didn't know WHEN they would fall either and probably were disoriented in the air to really understand where all their body parts were compared to their opponents.  Did anyone go head first?  I think people would mostly try to go feet first, if they were going to make any kind of mid-air adjustments.

Ugh...I can't believe Tony made it into the house over Darrell. Can next season just start already so we can see Darrell finally get back at Cory? 

Why is MTV trying to convince us that Tony is this awesome guy who deserves to win because he's a dad? He's an idiot who lacks self-control when he drinks and has zero respect for women. I don't care for him at all.

I'm happy that Jenna came back at least because as nice as it would've been to see Camila miserable over Amanda winning, she got played dirty and I look forward to her getting back at Jemmye.

Now that I think about it, for all the questions about who are you gunning for, etc., it would've been cool if each person from the Redemption house got to choose someone from the actual Challenge house to go up against above the water. Granted, Darrell and Devin both wanted to take out Cory and LaToya admitted it would've been Jenna who was already in the redemption house, but it still would've been interesting. The same number of people would've remained in the Challenge house, but I'm sure some more people from the Redemption house would've won their spot back.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Steph619 said:

Now that I think about it, for all the questions about who are you gunning for, etc., it would've been cool if each person from the Redemption house got to choose someone from the actual Challenge house to go up against above the water. Granted, Darrell and Devin both wanted to take out Cory and LaToya admitted it would've been Jenna who was already in the redemption house, but it still would've been interesting. The same number of people would've remained in the Challenge house, but I'm sure some more people from the Redemption house would've won their spot back.

That would have been great.  I'm imagining all the faces of shock and Camila screeching in the background, "That's not fair!"

• Love 3
On 8/15/2017 at 10:12 PM, Lantern7 said:

Fuck Tony. Seriously, I have to root for him because of the two kids with two mothers? How is he more "worthy" than Darrell? And playing "Ava Maria"? Fuck your, BMP. Tony sucks, Shane sucks, and I know that does not apply to those kids. I feel bad that they got asshole DNA in them.

I thought they played Ave Maria as a joke.  It was a parody.

I'm so glad Jenna won.  I generally watch this show for the bonkers drama and shockingly good competition.  But I never really care who wins because they're all so terrible.  Except for Jenna.  The only time I have been turned off by her is when she's around Zach and I get second hand embarrassment that she admits to liking that douche.  And with Zach not around I can root for her.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Julie was a dirty player! Even from the start, in one of the earliest challenges she and Emily got into it because Julie didn't listen to the rules and ran down a slide or something when you were supposed to slide down and Emily was pissed! But yeah she was awful but she would have probably been good in this season because she does fit the mold of a dirty player. More so than a few people who are on this challenge.

Mormon Julie? I hated her. I've been laid up for a while and I'm reading the old Twop Challenge recaps and I'd forgotten how awful Julie was. 

I'm sad that Darrell is gone. He's been a favorite of mine for a long time. I can't stand Tony. 

There's just something about Jemmye that I find endearing and I don't know why. She seems to kind of be the ugly duckling in this group (not that I think she's ugly). I've just always liked her for some reason. 

I also really don't like Tori and her true love who are probably already broken up. These people act like a person does when they get eliminated. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2017 at 10:55 PM, Maharincess said:

Mormon Julie? I hated her. I've been laid up for a while and I'm reading the old Twop Challenge recaps and I'd forgotten how awful Julie was. 

I'm sad that Darrell is gone. He's been a favorite of mine for a long time. I can't stand Tony. 

There's just something about Jemmye that I find endearing and I don't know why. She seems to kind of be the ugly duckling in this group (not that I think she's ugly). I've just always liked her for some reason. 

I also really don't like Tori and her true love who are probably already broken up. These people act like a person does when they get eliminated. 

Yup That Julie. Who isn't even that good of a challenger? I remember her first challenge season which was the one in which she cheated against Emily and she was.. mediocre at best, but back then they didn't vote people off so that's why she was okay. She wasn't a stand out by any means and then her next one was battle of the sexes and she was voted out after the first challenge.

And her next challenges were her talking herself up and her.. being just okay. She wasn't that great.

And when she was out in infernos, she would lose. So I don't know. I watch old challenges and it's her talking herself up only to deliver nothing. She DQ sometimes and it's funny to watch. Not to mention she's just a terrible person.

And look Veronica isn't my favorite challenger either but I have to say she can compete when needed. I think she's class is over terrible things to people in these shows a few times and refuses to acknowledge that but there were times on past shows where she was in danger of going to an elimination and she made sure to get a lifesaver so that did not happen. Is she a dirty player? Yes. But she can play a game.

Have they mentioned corals name as who would kill it person? I love coral and think she's a good challenger but I don't think this game is for her. Coral isn't a dirty player to me. I believe she tried to play a fair game, I remember how she felt betrayed in the gauntlet and that's why she left(leading to the all hilarious scene in which Casey rants and raves  about how coral is awful for doing all this even they she was being lied to and everyone acting like Casey is a hero for throwing herself into elimination and leaving).

On 9/6/2017 at 9:55 PM, Maharincess said:

I will never forget that Julie peed on Coral's bed before she left after getting eliminated. It wasn't on the show but Coral and others confirmed it. Julie is just a nasty person hiding behind her religion to get people to believe she's not an asshole. There's also this as proof she's crazy (her ex got a restraining order after she kicked him...in the HEAD): http://realworldroadrules.blogspot.com/2004/04/thanks-to-steve-for-following-info.html?m=1   (WI court records are available online and back this up.)

I've always liked Jemmye for some reason too. I also think she's not nearly as dumb as some of these people. She does pretty well on trivia too. Throwing out this fact again: Jemmye was her high school valedictorian.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1