Type keyword(s) to search

Sean & Abby: 1 Woman, 2 Old Farts, 190 Pairs of Panties

• Start Topic

On 7/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, silverspoons said:

Sadly Abby posted today that her husband has Cancer and it has spread to his lungs and stomach. I feel so bad, she had finally found some happiness. I hope he is able to beat it. 

Oh that is so sad. 

Abby's sister-in-law has started a GFM for Louis. As you will see, Abby is using her real first name of Armi. This is four slides and the arrows are hard to see:

Go Fund Me Direct Link

There are several comments on the post saying that in the UK he will not only receive the medical care for free, but will receive other monies. This is the most upvoted post:

See this what I dont understand. I live in the UK he will be entitled to welfare payments which will cover his rent or mortgage, he will get weekly disability checks which at times depending on how I'll you are can go up too £300 weekly. Then she will get carers allowance or his sister for being there with him and taking care of him the checks weekly will be anywhere between £80 to £150 a week

I personally do not care if anyone gives to anyone else's GFM and it sounds like it is confirmed that he has cancer, not just being some scammer, so whatever. It just seemed like something I should include.

• Love 4
On 8/15/2020 at 4:40 AM, Christina said:

Abby's sister-in-law has started a GFM for Louis. As you will see, Abby is using her real first name of Armi. This is four slides and the arrows are hard to see:

Go Fund Me Direct Link

There are several comments on the post saying that in the UK he will not only receive the medical care for free, but will receive other monies. This is the most upvoted post:

I personally do not care if anyone gives to anyone else's GFM and it sounds like it is confirmed that he has cancer, not just being some scammer, so whatever. It just seemed like something I should include.

Ugh. Stuff like that gets my crawl. My husband is from the UK and his mother died from cancer there in 2010. I lived there for several years and utilized the NHS. Saying that the medical care is free and that there are welfare programs available for them is misleading. I  went through my first pregnancy there and only a baseline of care was free. MANY things that we expect here in the US, like testing for gestational diabetes, were out of pocket. MANY people have to buy a supplemental insurance policy. My MIL did. She wound up paying around $20,000 out of pocket before she died. Pregnancy wise, Medicaid here in the US covered more than the NHS did in the UK. 

And while the UK DOES have many good welfare programs, they most certainly won't cover all their living expenses. They may not even qualify for most of them. My SIL was a single mother to a disabled child at 17 and she's still in the system 15 years later. If there's a program out there then she's been on it. Nothing has provided a living wage for her. She still has to work. When she ran away from home at 16 her fam didn't hear from her until a year later when she popped up alone and pregnant. They found out she was pregnant because a policemen had brought papers by for her dad to sign. In order for her to get council housing for her and her baby she'd lied and said that she'd left home because her father was abusive and kicked her out. My FIL had to sign his agreement to this story. It wasn't true, but he signed it because at least he'd be assured that she was off the street. But yeah, it's not like she was automatically eligible for free housing and money.

When I sent this story to my UK family they said that, at most, he could qualify for around $800 GBP per month, with a possible housing allowance of around half that. But if he owns his property he may not qualify for that. There is a ton of red tape and stipulations. 

It's like when people talk about the US and say things like, "They can just sit on their ass and bring in all the welfare money!" Without realizing that the welfare program in that capacity hasn't existed since the 1990s. I would have no problem helping out Abby and her husband if I had the money. Even if all his medical needs and big bills are covered, daily living expenses still exist. And sometimes you just want to nip down to the corner for a 99 flake. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Does Abby work?

It was stated in that post she doesn't have a work permit and also couldn't as she has to isolate because of covid.

I agree that while medical care is free/low cost in the UK and there are benefits, they will get some £, but it's unlikely to cover everything. 

Really hope he pulls through, although it spreading is never a good sign. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m not understanding the Covid part.  She doesn’t need to isolate unless she has been exposed to it.  I wonder if she applied for a work permit or it is just too soon to get one.

If she didn't isolate, she could get it, which would be very bad for her husband.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m not understanding the Covid part.  She doesn’t need to isolate unless she has been exposed to it.  I wonder if she applied for a work permit or it is just too soon to get one.

Isolation isn't just for the people who have it, it's also for those who may have been unknowingly exposed to it. The incubation period can be up to two weeks and not everyone is symptomatic. It can also take several days to get test results back. She could get it from going to the store or running an errand. My husband has been self isolating from us since May. He can't afford to test every week and wearing a mask only offers great protection if others wear one as well. It's very easy to be exposed to COVID and not know it. We have no idea where I got it from. I got it in early June and from mid-March until then I literally only left my house 3 times. All 3 were to the same grocery store and I wore a mask each time. It had to have been brought into the house on something, like my husband's shoes or packaging. When you have someone with a compromised immune system you over plan, not under.