Type keyword(s) to search

Sean & Abby: 1 Woman, 2 Old Farts, 190 Pairs of Panties

• Start Topic

I finally got accepted into the group. Apparently, people were fighting with each other and reporting each other for abusive posts, so the moderator took a moment for it to clear itself out. It kind of sounds like it was one Abby/Sean extreme fan doing most of it. By the time I got there, most of the screencaps were gone. ; (

11 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Is this correct? She wanted to come to the US to "surprise" Sean, so she asked for donations in a public group?

It looks like it was a direct message to someone in the group, not on the open forum. That person had been defending them whenever someone posted something negative, and began conversations with Abby and Sean privately. She screencapped and saved everything, though. Abby told her that a TLC producer was going to help her fly to Ohio and surprise Sean, but she had to have a letter from someone that said she could stay with them and certain amount of money in her account before the travel visa would be approved. That person posted that along with her response that she would have no problem writing the letter saying that Abby could stay with her, but didn't post whatever happened next that she claimed tipped her off that Abby was a scammer. From the context we are to assume that it was Abby trying to get money from her, too, but I don't know why she wouldn't post those texts or if she did and then deleted them.

Abby told Sean he had to leave the group, and he did. Then another fan screencapped the conversations and sent them to Abby and Sean. Another former fan came out of the woodwork and posted that Abby was trying to get her to post a photo and private information about Chris to the group, and that former fan and another both claimed that Abby is stirring the drama and thriving off the attention.

Abby told one of them that she had one man that she screwed up the relationship by cheating, the second one wouldn't marry her (Chris), and a third one (Damon) came to visit her and she was joining him in Florida soon. Then, on this show, we have Sean from Ohio, no mention of Damon, and the ex fans saying how she has been scamming men for money for a while now, and Sean is just because he came with a chance to be on television. She also apparently just graduated high school. 

Sean is at Danielle-levels of self-delusion and Abby has a pretty extensive history of scamming, which includes at least four men in dating scams.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Abby told her that a TLC producer was going to help her fly to Ohio and surprise Sean, but she had to have a letter from someone that said she could stay with them and certain amount of money in her account before the travel visa would be approved.

Couldn't the Producers have written this for her and put the money in her account?

• Love 3

If it were true, sure, but the person she was trying to get to do it feels that Abby was just trying to scam her out of money. Unfortunately, I got there too late to see those texts, or she didn't post them in the first place. She did reveal that she was recently out of the hospital after having an amputation and didn't have the money to give. Her telling Abby she couldn't and wouldn't send her money was the cause of the rift, with Abby getting nasty and the fan becoming an ex fan and posting everything online. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Couldn't the Producers have written this for her and put the money in her account?

I don't think a young Haitian woman can get a visa to the USA just by having someone write a letter and by having money in her account. It's much harder than that.  You have to overcome the presumption that you'll overstay in America, by showing you have a great job in Haiti, you own property there, very strong family ties there, etc. Sounds like a scam to me or maybe she was just delusional about her chances.

• Love 4

Actually, I think the perfect lesson for Old Liverlips would be something along the lines of this old Richard Pryor monologue.  The language (for those unfamiliar with Richard Pryor's humor) is blue and typical of his material. Take it away, Mambo Gladys. It's a long skit, but he ends up having to take his friend to see "the voodoo lady".  He came up with some crazy shit in his lifetime. 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Explanation
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2017 at 1:08 AM, Christina said:

I finally got accepted into the group. Apparently, people were fighting with each other and reporting each other for abusive posts, so the moderator took a moment for it to clear itself out. It kind of sounds like it was one Abby/Sean extreme fan doing most of it. By the time I got there, most of the screencaps were gone. ; (

It looks like it was a direct message to someone in the group, not on the open forum. That person had been defending them whenever someone posted something negative, and began conversations with Abby and Sean privately. She screencapped and saved everything, though. Abby told her that a TLC producer was going to help her fly to Ohio and surprise Sean, but she had to have a letter from someone that said she could stay with them and certain amount of money in her account before the travel visa would be approved. That person posted that along with her response that she would have no problem writing the letter saying that Abby could stay with her, but didn't post whatever happened next that she claimed tipped her off that Abby was a scammer. From the context we are to assume that it was Abby trying to get money from her, too, but I don't know why she wouldn't post those texts or if she did and then deleted them.

Abby told Sean he had to leave the group, and he did. Then another fan screencapped the conversations and sent them to Abby and Sean. Another former fan came out of the woodwork and posted that Abby was trying to get her to post a photo and private information about Chris to the group, and that former fan and another both claimed that Abby is stirring the drama and thriving off the attention.

Abby told one of them that she had one man that she screwed up the relationship by cheating, the second one wouldn't marry her (Chris), and a third one (Damon) came to visit her and she was joining him in Florida soon. Then, on this show, we have Sean from Ohio, no mention of Damon, and the ex fans saying how she has been scamming men for money for a while now, and Sean is just because he came with a chance to be on television. She also apparently just graduated high school. 

Sean is at Danielle-levels of self-delusion and Abby has a pretty extensive history of scamming, which includes at least four men in dating scams.

Wow. This sounds like a (side) show in itself. Fans and ex-fans interacting with cast members. Maybe they should be filming this. Thanks for the recap. Keep them coming! 

• Love 5
On 8/25/2017 at 1:56 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I normally make it a matter of conscience to never wish misfortune on anyone, but when it comes to creepy, squicky, predatory behavior...Abby get all you can.

There's no way she's not sleeping with the other guy, too. There's obvious sexual chemistry between them. Eew.

Spoiler

Also, that explains how she got the rash from him.

It's sad because Abby has clearly been exploited and she clearly has poor boundaries as a result. She'll bring those same boundaries to the United States with her. 

No doubt he'll get her student loans and enrolled in some type of school, and then he'll be surprised and heartbroken when he finds out that she's boning her professors.

Abby's not going to be super comfortable with a till-death-do-us-part type of guy. She'll leave him for some sleazy professor who treats her like a prop. Sadly, that's what will make her feel more comfortable because she hasn't known different.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2017 at 3:08 AM, Christina said:

Abby seems kind of indifferent towards Sean and a tad sociopathic. I don't think she cares much for him. I kind of picked up on a cold vibe from her and information like this seems to confirm it. I say seems to because obviously I've never met the girl, but then I've never met Mo either.

I just hope Sean doesn't have much in the way of life insurance because Abby seems pretty reckless.

I really think Abby was preyed upon at an early age and that's what screwed her up inside. She needs to stay away from drama and relationships, if you could call what she had with Chris a relationship.

And Sean might as well have sucker tattooed on his forehead. (Maybe it's on his abs.)

• Love 1
On 9/18/2017 at 1:05 PM, Christina said:

If it were true, sure, but the person she was trying to get to do it feels that Abby was just trying to scam her out of money. Unfortunately, I got there too late to see those texts, or she didn't post them in the first place. She did reveal that she was recently out of the hospital after having an amputation and didn't have the money to give. Her telling Abby she couldn't and wouldn't send her money was the cause of the rift, with Abby getting nasty and the fan becoming an ex fan and posting everything online. 

My take on the super fan #1. When I first joined the group, I noticed she was the same way with Jason H. (who posts there often), defending him like she was his bff. So I think she's delusional that these Z list 'stars' are her friends and is way too invested. Once it goes beyond entertainment and you feel like you're part of their life, it's time to get a hobby. 

Super fan #2, is as scary as the other one. She is still bff's with Sean and Abby. I'm sure only because Abby still has use for her. Super fan #1 claims #2 has a hubby in the military with access to look up info on civilians personal info and is using it for nefarious reasons.

There are rumors that these women reported members (who spoke against Sean and Abby) to employers, and got a person fired by stalking their FB and finding info on their employer. Also one or both are calling the cops reporting each other for I can't remember what...maybe stalking or harassment. It's too hard to remember it all.

I haven't noticed either of these fans post on the main group lately. So I don't know if they were kicked out or maybe threatened with charges.   

• Love 2

It was really odd reading how some of the people thought they were friends with someone they see on television. Even if you do speak with them privately, you still don't know them. They are advertising themselves to scammers, and Abby read it clearly. Luckily, that ex-fan didn't have any money to give, or Abby would have taken it and she would never get it back from her. 

I certainly won't say that you can't have friends you met online or speak to primarily online, but anymore, it seems like people call the people on Facebook who they follow and who follow them back their friends, even celebrities and reality stars. Not "Facebook friends" but friends like someone they have lunch with sometimes.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2017 at 2:29 AM, biakbiak said:

He said on their relationship so I imagine that includes his travel, accommodations and other expenses that she didn't directly benefit from. 

The Mac laptop and iPad are probably 2-3K alone.  Wonder what else because the clothes and panties looked cheap and travel and accommodations are not that expensive.  I suppose they could be if he had chosen to stay at the best hotel.  Still.  Abby dresses well and looks stylish.

On 8/16/2017 at 11:50 AM, Kath94 said:

My theory is that Abby just wants out.  Chris looks after her & is nice, but he's probably married, doesn't want the commitment, or otherwise won't help her get out of Haiti.  So she's clinging now to Sean, hoping he's her ticket out.  Sean is definitely looking for marriage, although his "polyamorous Christian" desire was on a Mexican dating site, not a Caribbean one, so maybe she isn't aware of what she's getting into.

BLAAAAH!

19 minutes ago, Bedeleia DuMaurier said:

and I can't wait to watch. :)

I don't think so. I think that she is really trying to move on from Chris and wants to start a new life. Sean has just been such a disappointment since he has physically been in her presence. He has terrible manners, doesn't dress well, hasn't been romantic at all, etc.   

57 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

"doctor from Maine"

I've never met a doctor with a salesman's personality.

Maybe has his game face on at work, and this is his Mr. Personality Rico Suave when he is in a foreign country hitting on a local that could be his grandchild. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I don't think so. I think that she is really trying to move on from Chris and wants to start a new life. Sean has just been such a disappointment since he has physically been in her presence. He has terrible manners, doesn't dress well, hasn't been romantic at all, etc.   

Wait, what?  Are you saying you don't like your man in pullover, v-neck sweaters and pastel plaid shirts?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Chris is a retired Surgeon from Maine. 

How long has Chris been involved with Abby?  How old was she?  What is the age of consent in the DR?  Chris likes them young which is probably why he is looking for "love" outside of the U.S..  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I've never met a doctor with a salesman's personality.

Maybe has his game face on at work, and this is his Mr. Personality Rico Suave when he is in a foreign country hitting on a local that could be his grandchild. 

Plastic surgeons and dermatologists can have a salesman's personality, IME. Any specialty where there is a lot of opportunity for side business (spa services, facials, elective procedures, skin care products, makeup lines, etc.) for their practices can attract people with sales skills. I have no idea what kind of doctor Chris is though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Plastic surgeons and dermatologists can have a salesman's personality, IME. Any specialty where there is a lot of opportunity for side business (spa services, facials, elective procedures, skin care products, makeup lines, etc.) for their practices can attract people with sales skills. I have no idea what kind of doctor Chris is though.

I think he's an otolaryngologist.

• Love 1

I see nothing attractive about either of these men, & for either to be involved in any sexual way with someone her age just screams gross creep to me.

I don't believe Chris is in love with her when he's jetting back & forth from the states to DM, not even Haiti. If he/they were in love & wanted to be together there's no reason why it shouldn't have happened by now. I'm not seeing love with her either, & I think she's a user as well. They do like each other. But she's basically a 6m (or less) play thing for him; she's getting 'benefits' as well. I think it's another kind of arrangement happening there.

That's just my take on them.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I see nothing attractive about either of these men, & for either to be involved in any sexual way with someone her age just screams gross creep to me.

I don't believe Chris is in love with her when he's jetting back & forth from the states to DM, not even Haiti. If he/they were in love & wanted to be together there's no reason why it shouldn't have happened by now. I'm not seeing love with her either, & I think she's a user as well. They do like each other. But she's basically a 6m (or less) play thing for him; she's getting 'benefits' as well. I think it's another kind of arrangement happening there.

That's just my take on them.

And I hope Abby knows she's on her way to aging out.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
On 9/19/2017 at 11:21 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Actually, I think the perfect lesson for Old Liverlips would be something along the lines of this old Richard Pryor monologue.  The language (for those unfamiliar with Richard Pryor's humor) is blue and typical of his material. Take it away, Mambo Gladys. It's a long skit, but he ends up having to take his friend to see "the voodoo lady".  He came up with some crazy shit in his lifetime. 

Ms Rudolf!!! We spent a lot of evenings just rolling laughing at this skit. Got the LP (days before tapes and CDs) on the day it came out, served wine and beer to the house full of guests who had come over to hear it too.

I can't wait to catch up on 90 Days Before.... sounds so full of crazy!

• Love 1
On 9/28/2017 at 6:37 PM, ethalfrida said:

Ms Rudolf!!! We spent a lot of evenings just rolling laughing at this skit. Got the LP (days before tapes and CDs) on the day it came out, served wine and beer to the house full of guests who had come over to hear it too.

I can't wait to catch up on 90 Days Before.... sounds so full of crazy!

Yes, it was glorious, was it not?  I remember being 15 or 16 listening to it clandestinely in my room, laughing until I cried. 

Love your avatar. Hubs and I went to visit his family in Ponce, Puerto Rico ?? in 2007, and I saw her work was being exhibited at the museum there. I told him  we HAVE to go.  It was great. It was my first trip to PR. Last trip was 2011. Guess it will be a while before we can go back. 

Back on topic, I really hope Mambo Gladys hands both Sean and Chris their behinds. She should be giving advice to the lovelorn. 

• Love 1

Abbi doesn't seem to live as badly as some Haitians have to. There are actually open air markets that sell mud pies... mud mixed with butter and seasonings. The people are so extremely poor it is beyond imagination. Whatever she is doing to get away I am sure it will a relief to her situation, though. Haitians have actually been escorted back to Haiti when trying to enter the United States. 

• Love 1

Both Chris and Sean have liver lips. That must be Abby’s type.

ETA: Chris smiles too much.  He seems like one of those people where you can never tell their emotions or when they’re mad because they always have the same smile on their face 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 5

Something is DEFINITELY still up with Chris and Abby though.  When he asked to see their WhatsApp conversation she had a look of sheer panic.  Even if nothing is going on (which I doubt), it’s clear that Sean is always going to be jealous and controlling if she sticks it out.

• Love 2

I have a lot of experience traveling to developing countries and drinking in bars where sleazy women hang out.

I have wondered from the beginning of this show how and where Abby, an impoverished young attractive Haitian girl, met Chris. The show has said they met in the Dominican Republic. Haitian girls don’t go there for vacation. Old wealthy white American guys don’t go there just for the beaches. They go to the Dominican Republic for hookers.  Pretty young Haitian women go there to "work."

Anyway, Chris told Sean he met Abby in a “cafe” in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. That’s a province in the Dominican Republic containing the town of Puerto Plata, which has a sex tourism scene, and also the town of Sosua, which is probably the most prostitution-centered town in the entire Western Hemisphere.  I’ve been there. It’s a sleazefest. 

Just about any Caribbean woman hanging out in “cafe” or bar in these places and who strikes up conversation with older white men is a hooker.

Abby was most likely “working” when she met Chris. That’s my point. That’s why she told Sean they met online, it’s much more innocent.  Many third world working girls also work the online dating scene. "Working" pays the short term bills, then they look for the long term score of marrying a white guy.  

Sean was a petulant jerk when he met Chris. Chris seems smooth and likable. A likable, old, experienced aficionado of young Caribbean women who doesn’t fall in love with and marry hookers.

Sean's question to Chris about whether he was staying in Haiti until after Sean leaves was excellent. There's no reason for a white guy to stay in Port au Prince longer than two hours, unless he's Sean Penn rebuilding the place. Chris staying any longer than necessary is totally incriminating that he and Abby are doing the sex.

Sean's petulant jerkiness aside, I do hope for his sake this is the end, and he didn't backslide into a relationship with her.  He's a decent looking, presentable and not elderly white guy, he  can get a hot young impoverished brown woman who is not a lying whore.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Both Chris and Sean have liver lips. That must be Abby’s type.

ETA: Chris smiles too much.  He seems like one of those people where you can never tell their emotions or when they’re mad because they always have the same smile on their face 

Just like that idiot Courtney. Why are you damn grinning if you're upset???

• Love 4

I may be in the minority here but I think Chris is a slimeball. Just looking at him and that fake smile gives me the creeps. As pathetic as Sean his he was right on the money aboutbAbby being unable to find love and marriage as long as Chris is in the picture. Chris has Abby wrapped around his finger and he knows it, he will use her up and discard her like trash once she gets too old. Abby is no saint but the power dynamics are not in her favour. She is clearly a user and needs Sean to get her out of Haiti since St. Christopher won't commit.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9

Sean is a creepy guy!! Abby needs to run and fast!! That behavior he displayed when meeting Chris and all the way up to telling her to make a choice is just a brief glimpse into the crazy man he is and the future she will experience if she stays with him!! He is possessive and insecure, and he can’t handle someone who is beautiful and has a strong personality! He would end up keeping her on lockdown like a prisoner!!

I think the grass in my backyard has a better personality than Sean does!!

• Love 1

Sean's plan was to control Chris as well as he thought he was controlling Abby.  He met his match, though.  Chris has no vested interest (or need) to kiss up to Sean.  He is probably rich enough to buy and sell Sean with the money he has in his pocket.  Sean couldn't handle someone who said, "I'm done here.  I didn't come here to have a confrontational meeting."    And Abby may have wanted to use Sean to push Chris to marry her, but when push came to shove, the one she REALLY doesn't want to lose is Chris.  I think she'd accept Chris part-time rather than marry Sean and completely lo$e Chri$'s "influence."

• Love 1

Remember Sean's dating profile, where he indicated that he was a swinging, open minded, anything goes kind of guy, who wanted the ladies to be free to explore their kinks and peccadilloes? Except, when confronted with Abby's ladygarden, he had no idea what to do! He's not some smooth romeo. He's a middle aged guy who's provincial and not very sophisticated--look at how he was primly clutching his pearls and almost audibly tsk tsk-ing in the presence of real man of the world Chris. For all he thinks he's a freak in the sheets and a modern adventurer, he's a deeply traditional guy who wants to get married. Chris is the guy Abby wants. But Chris will never, ever marry her. She wanted to use Sean to force Chris's hand. She hoped he'd marry her and she could give poor old Sean the boot. But she's not slick enough to play one against the other and stay in control of the game. Chris sees right through her, but Sean doesn't. He still thinks Abby is an innocent young girl! "He'll use you!" he bleats. Chris walked away because he has nothing to lose. Abby stormed off because she didn't think things through. She never thought her glaringly obvious ploy would fail.

• Love 5

My favorite part of the episode was Chris meeting Sean and saying "Your first time in Haiti? It's certainly different."

And Sean responds, "Well, every place is different from every place else."

Well played, Sean. Well played.

• Love 11
20 hours ago, DamnGina said:

Sean is a creepy guy!! Abby needs to run and fast!! That behavior he displayed when meeting Chris and all the way up to telling her to make a choice is just a brief glimpse into the crazy man he is and the future she will experience if she stays with him!! He is possessive and insecure, and he can’t handle someone who is beautiful and has a strong personality! He would end up keeping her on lockdown like a prisoner!!

I think the grass in my backyard has a better personality than Sean does!!

I don't like Sean but I don't see his behavior as wrong in this instance. It's very obvious that Abby still wants to be with Chris. If Sean wants to marry Abby, her relationship with Chris is inappropriate. I think I'd feel insecure if my soon-to-be fiancé was looking at another woman the way Abby looks at Chris. I don't get the impression that he'd put her on lockdown. I just think Chris is bothering him and for good reason. I'm more concerned for how Sean in this relationship than I am for Abby. She's very shady.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, PityFree said:

Yep, ole Chris is a doctor alright!  Checking with our friend, Dr. Google, and healthgrades.com,  Dr. Chris (C.) Charles Smith is an ENT in Bangor.  Not too popular apparently.....

90.thumb.jpg.f0d7a68413635d9f45f60e4f0079fb1c.jpg

https://www.maine.gov/md/discipline/docs/SmithCharlesMD.pdf

From the looks of this complaint he's also a slimy one (as if we didn't know this already!).  I certainly hope for the good citizens of Maine that he has retired.  From the looks of this he got a slap on the wrist from the Maine Medical Board in 2013 for some sloppy medical records management.....he failed to pay rent on a storage facility where he was storing confidential patient medical records.   The storage facility had sent him an invoice long before he left the country, but he "got busy with the holidays" and then was out of the country for a couple of months......we know where you were "doctor"!!!!!!

He told the medical board, when he was first sent the complaint, that the storage facility was just "harassing him" and was trying to 'extort' money from him.  He said that he had made arrangements to have rent paid.  However in their complaint, the storage company said he had a history of not paying the rent on the storage unit and had not responded to their repeated phone calls or hung up on the owner of the storage facility when they tried to reach him.  He then tried to say the phone number the storage facility had for him was for a phone he owned five years before (but apparently he would answer it and hang up?)  Amazingly, when his office was able to reach him to let him know that the State Medical Board wanted to know why (before the end of business day no less) why he was screwing around with patients confidential medical records, that he was able to pull his head out of ___________(insert your choice of location) and got right back with them and changed his story.

Yep, those two deserve one another.  Dr. Chris, please stay in the DR.  He's a true class act.  You'd think that he'd at least get some meds for Abby's scabies. 

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 10

gf1.jpg.a1605565097e79a90b149188f55e8e98.jpg God rest his soul, but every time I see ole creepy Chris, I think that he and Garry Shandling had to be related somehow.......Hoping for Garry's sake that I'm wrong about this!!!!

(Abby, "the girl with the far away eyes")

90CC1.jpg

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 10
On 14/08/2017 at 3:00 AM, Cantlookaway said:

Did anyone see that clip where Abby says Chris instead of Sean? She is in love with Chris and is using Sean as a back-up plan. 

She's a silly little girl and that clip spoke volumes about her.  She's trying to work out which of them is the better bet for a cushy life in the US but can't make up her mind.  Sean will end up looking a complete idiot, as well as a dirty old man.

On 20/08/2017 at 6:55 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Oh God. That old man perv from last season does the same thing. Mark, the guy who thought he was a hunk.

Must be something about that business!

Talking of creepy Mark, the control freak, I wonder what happened to his relationship with that poor girl who clearly didn't know what she was getting into.  I  hope she managed to escape him and find someone decent and more her own age. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, zoemom said:

You'd think that he'd at least get some meds for Abby's scabies. 

Thank you!  And then to have him school her to get that treated. Asshole. The DR's loss is our gain. Here's hoping his appearance on this reality show is having a positive effect on his Maine life. 

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 5:44 PM, spankydoll said:

He is a doctor from Maine. I totally get his appeal. If I was 35 years younger ...

That was my question...I’ve seen on here he’s a retired doctor, but have not seen any other info on him?  IDK why, but I’ve been on an “Who’s Chris?” Obsession since Sunday’s episode.  He’s this perfect combination of confident and creepy....and I cannot stop wondering...

I am becoming way too invested in these people’s lives.