Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2017 at 0:36 AM, HappyDancex2 said:

Darcy is sad to watch but it does seem like they are hammering on the age thing a lot with her.  Is that all we have?  Most of these shows feature couples where the men are gross(ly) older than the young girls they are pursuing.   Sure there is always an errant "she's young enough to be his daughter" comment, but we never seem to get segment after segment on how pathetic it is for the guys to be scamming the naive.  The same questions pointed to an old scammer dude.

Yes, it is so gross when the men are old enough to parent the child they are pursuing.  Biologically, though, it still works.  An older man can still father children, an older woman cannot conceive.  Older man/younger women has even been seen as a better choice because of the financial stability of the man and ability to provide a secure home.   I think that age gap tended to run about 10 years though....not 27 (or 45 as in Abby and Chris).   This is probably why the perceptions are different between the sexes. 

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 1:55 PM, Quof said:

I was puzzled by Cortney's statements that (1) she couldn't read a map (doesn't match up with her story of having backpacked around independently) and (2) she couldn't speak the language.   Don't American school children get at least a basic introduction to Spanish as a second language? Even if they don't, shouldn't she have picked up some basic Spanish living in Florida?  Or, like the other Americans, she couldn't be bothered to learn at least a few words in the potential spouse's language?

Several years ago I had plans to spend ONE DAY in Paris.  I boned up like mad with a phrase book and did okay.  Well, at least I impressed family members but it appeared that the Parisians understood me (or graciously played along).   

On 9/14/2017 at 9:16 PM, spankydoll said:

Here here! I just went to France with a childhood friend of mine who pulled the same nonsense.  She would babble on about how the French people loved to practice their English with her. She would also attempt to communicate with the natives by speaking English REALLY LOUD whilst using a Pepe LePew accent.

OH.MY.GOD.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Yes, it is so gross when the men are old enough to parent the child they are pursuing.  Biologically, though, it still works.  An older man can still father children, an older woman cannot conceive.  Older man/younger women has even been seen as a better choice because of the financial stability of the man and ability to provide a secure home.   I think that age gap tended to run about 10 years though....not 27 (or 45 as in Abby and Chris).   This is probably why the perceptions are different between the sexes. 

True... I had a Haitian woman once tell me that large age gaps between couples in Haiti is common, but she was referring to a 10-12 year age gap. Im no sure how a 20-30 year gap would be perceived there, but Abby's parents didnt seem bothered by Sean's age, they seemed more concerned with the fact that he was an outsider. 

On 9/15/2017 at 2:53 PM, AZChristian said:

I took great pride in learning how to say, "A table for 3, please; non-smoking."  We walked into our first restaurant in Paris and I looked at the waiter and said, "Un table por trois, sil vous plais; non-fumiere."

He looked at me, smiled, and said - "Sure - anywhere in that section over there" . . . in perfect American English.  LOL.

This. I speak a little, French, German, Italian and Spanish and I travel to Europe a lot. I always try to start speaking in the language of the country I am in and people  ALWAYS go right to English. I'm going to Ireland next month, wonder if it will happen there :P

Oh and something about why do Floridians speak any Spanish,,, well some do, but lets be honest. There are a lot of racist assholes in this country who see Spanish as beneath them and refuse to learn a word  of it.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, AZChristian said:

And Paul's ability to even figure out phonetically his "can I marry your daughter" speech to Karine's father was horrible.  He couldn't even pronounce the words closely enough for the father to figure out what he was trying to say.  That's REALLY unacceptable.

I liked his pantomime. Especially the finger boinks. Even papa gave him the side-eye over that stupidity.

Darcy is a hard 42 or a bad liar. Maybe both.

• Love 1
On 9/11/2017 at 10:10 PM, lilsadone said:

I traveled internationally throughout Europe for work every 2 months for 4 years. I was only asked ONCE if I had made arrangements - I remember that time because it was something I read would happen before I started traveling - but it never did happen -- so when it finally did happen after several trips,  I was totally unprepared (all my hotel booking receipts were tucked away in my luggage) and they didn't even ask to see proof once they saw that I would have had to dig to find it.  The most I've ever been questioned was to ensure I had a RETURN ticket back to America - and that was when I had a connection in Russia. 

I went to London last month for my honeymoon, and the form asked for hotel name or address where we were staying. The person at customs didn't ask other questions about it but that information was requested for us to enter the U.K.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ooh.boo said:

The person at customs didn't ask other questions about it but that information was requested for us to enter the U.K.  

Yes.  You are supposed to provide the info, but whether they require it is completely arbitrary.  I've known them to get really picky if theyr'e in a bad mood.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 1

Paul has been “burned” by previous relationships … heh heh.

Larry clearly never heard of Darcy’s duty-free makeup trick.

Cortney needs to go home.

Patrick's awesome quote: "Please don't tell me you're a boy. Please don't tell me you're 12 years old." 

And we're only halfway through!

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Did anybody else want Paul's luggage to fall off that rack and crush him?

Also, a decade??  No surprise. It just confirms what I thought before: no American woman would have anything to do with him.

P.S.  Courtney is totally knocked kneed.

Ten years in dry-dock Paul?? Yikes. You could have tried one of those condoms that keep the fish out of his junk.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

Oh I forgot to add since they were sitting there at the medical place why wasn't Paul rolling up his sleeves and getting himself tested too????

I was screaming the same thing at my TV.  She should do a background check on him.  No wonder he never even went to Canada, his record won't allow him into the country.

Just now, CofCinci said:

Is anyone getting the Where Are They Now-type special instead of the second PROMISED hour of this trash?

Yes.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Oh I forgot to add since they were sitting there at the medical place why wasn't Paul rolling up his sleeves and getting himself tested too???? He is such an ass!!  To be honest, I was kind of hoping Karine would have herpes or something and that would save her from having to be with Paul. 

BTW Paul, if passing an STD and pregnancy test is all it takes to gain your trust, it’s no wonder you’ve been cucked before.

• Love 15

Now it's Karine's turn to worry about being groped by Paul.  Why didn't he have a STD test?  And whyohwhy does he speak English so poorly that he needs subtitles?  If Karine is so turned off by his neurotic behavior, wht does she like about him?  

Cortney should have left and found a hotel.  Any decent cabdriver will know of several.  You tell him what you want to spend and he takes you there.  Worked for me several times - London, Istanbul etc.  

Mirium is a liar.  Sure, they can still be friends, because who wouldn't feel friendly toward such a deceitful bitch?  

Larry seems to have found himself the worst kind of woman.  I hope he isn't hurt very badly, because she is bad, bad news.  

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Did anybody else want Paul's luggage to fall off that rack and crush him?

Also, a decade??  No surprise. It just confirms what I thought before: no American woman would have anything to do with him.

P.S.  Courtney is totally knocked kneed.

I'm pretty sure that's what Karine was hoping for. She was in no hurry to help. 

• Love 10

Myriam should have told Patrick that she had a boyfriend before he bought a plane ticket. Maybe she wanted to see if the grass was greener.  Decided that Patrick wasn't what she wanted and told him she was seeing someone. Be honest if he is spending a lot of money to see you. Maybe he can still enjoy a week in Paris.

Antonio, American women are 'fast'? You behaved like a turd. Cortney, he has violated some boundaries already by grabbing your derrière whilst chatting with your parents. Not really appropriate for a semi-stranger. You stay in a hotel for,a couple of nights first. I would have sprung for the couch and slipped out. Have a fling with him, go home and get a new phone number.

Paul, you too are expected to provide an STD screen. Karine. don't hitch your wagon to that Green card. Run!

Larry, keep an open mind and eye.  Maybe the dudes at the airport saw you as a sugar daddy.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Um....anyone else catch Karine giggling "No!" When Paul said it was time for the camera crew to leave so they could get "intimate"? 

Was there a TV in that room?  Because Karine is going to need something to occupy her time.  

• Love 7
Just now, kacesq said:

But gee, Patrick, I thought Myriam was so much better than American women...so much more traditional, with values...how's that working out for ya?

I think he should demand to meet this boyfriend.  If the boyfriend exists, I'm pretty sure he'd like to know about Patrick . 

• Love 8

Why for the love of all that is holy didn't Cortney get a hotel room? Even Antonio wasn't sure if she was staying with him ? She should have checked into a hotel, showered and slept and let Antonio go to his pageant 

Could Larry be more awkward? Then they lose his luggage. T

Paul is a zero times 100. I wish karine wasn't so desperate. 

Miriam should have told Patrick she had a boyfriend before he got on the plane. That was really wrong of her. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

"I got a whole bag of chocolate! It's candy for the family!" Why is Larry announcing this to random men at the airport? Oh, Larry. 

And why is he going to the bathroom to put some water ON his shirt?

Is the shirt sweating or something?...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, hawkhd said:

Paul skeeves me out so bad. Why does Karine want to do the unskinny bop with him? No one is that desperate. 

Patrick, go ahead and eat your hat. 

Karine would be better off staying poor in the Amazon basin. If she marries that freak Paul, he and his mommy will control her life right into misery.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, hawkhd said:

Paul skeeves me out so bad. Why does Karine want to do the unskinny bop with him? No one is that desperate. 

Patrick, go ahead and eat your hat. 

I would probably tie him to the bed and leave.

Karine, invest in a few toys.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bibi said:

Paul looks dirtier and dirtier. His hair, his nails, his clothes... Look at his socks when he got up on the bed.

Can't believe Karine wants him so badly

When you are desperate and life holds nothing for you where you are, moving to a new subdivision of Hell may be a better option. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Yeah, this 2nd hour is bullshit.

Where the hell are Nicole and Azan?

Nicole and Azan are going to be on the next season of "90 Days Fiance" which starts in October.  Rightfully, they should have been featured on "Before The 90 Days".

• Love 4