Type keyword(s) to search

The Goldbergs in the Media: That's Incredible!

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m so furious that Jeff Garlin is apparently such a shit, because this show is just DOA without him.  Between Real Adam and Jeff leaving, the rest of the cast is not really up to carrying this show.

The only thing still worth watching is the JTP but unfortunately there's never enough of them.

• Applause 1

I think it is smart to publicize that they have killed Murray off.  They will probably attract a few people who would otherwise be out but are curious to know how they do it.

I wonder, if the want to do a "huge reboot," whether they'll have a change of scenery?  An episode or two in the spring made me wonder whether they'd all move to NYC.

Seems unlikely, but I don't think it would be a bad idea.  I guess it could cost us some supporting characters, but they're mostly underused these days anyway.

Should have just ended it last year.  It’s not even as close to funny as it used to be.  Add on the Beverly show and real death of George Segal and now killing off the dad - it seems pretty damn depressing.  It seems TPTB are determined to just limp on the finish line.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, ch1 said:

Add on the Beverly show

I've been watching since the start.  The Beverly character was always overbearing but they seem to have seriously ramped that up for the worse in the last few years, going from quirky to outright unlikeable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ch1 said:

Should have just ended it last year.  It’s not even as close to funny as it used to be.  Add on the Beverly show and real death of George Segal and now killing off the dad - it seems pretty damn depressing.  It seems TPTB are determined to just limp on the finish line.

Adam going off to college would have been the perfect way to end the show.  I just don't see a reasonable way do keep the show going with Adam off in college in New York.

• Like 1
On 8/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, KeithJ said:

Adam going off to college would have been the perfect way to end the show.  I just don't see a reasonable way do keep the show going with Adam off in college in New York.

They're keeping Adam at home because he decided to take a gap year so he could watch over Beverly. I wouldn't be surprised if he decides not to go to NYU at all and attends school in Pennsylvania instead. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2022 at 10:43 AM, MsNewsradio said:
On 8/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, ichbin said:

How else were they going to keep all of the kids in PA and regularly at the house?  It's a little too far in to have replaced Jeff Garlin with a new actor in the same role.  They are playing it pretty much the only way the could that makes some sense under the circumstances.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:11 PM, HyeChaps said:

Don't forget there's a baby on the way.  More pushy antics for Bev.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:17 PM, 853fisher said:

I think it is smart to publicize that they have killed Murray off.  They will probably attract a few people who would otherwise be out but are curious to know how they do it.

I wonder, if the want to do a "huge reboot," whether they'll have a change of scenery?  An episode or two in the spring made me wonder whether they'd all move to NYC.

Seems unlikely, but I don't think it would be a bad idea.  I guess it could cost us some supporting characters, but they're mostly underused these days anyway.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:15 AM, ch1 said:

On 8/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, KeithJ said:

On 9/1/2022 at 11:03 PM, Mr. Meatball Man said:

They're keeping Adam at home because he decided to take a gap year so he could watch over Beverly. I wouldn't be surprised if he decides not to go to NYU at all and attends school in Pennsylvania instead. 

I have no problem with killing off Murray and the baby and the time jump and the Field of Dreams episode but can just one kid be out of the house.  And wait til you see the episode description for the season premiere. It gets worse. It’s become Full House. 

Spoiler

With everyone living back at home, the house is full of Goldberg chaos; pregnant Erica enlists Beverly's help in clearing things out for the baby; Adam and Barry are forced to share a bedroom to make room for the baby nursery. (From zap2it)

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by nelroy78
  • Fire 1
On 9/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, nelroy78 said:

I have no problem with killing off Murray and the baby and the time jump and the Field of Dreams episode but can just one kid be out of the house.  And wait til you see the episode description for the season premiere. It gets worse. It’s become Full House. 

Hide contents

With everyone living back at home, the house is full of Goldberg chaos; pregnant Erica enlists Beverly's help in clearing things out for the baby; Adam and Barry are forced to share a bedroom to make room for the baby nursery. (From zap2it)

It really does sound like an episode of Full House. 

Wait a minute, why can't Barry move back in with the JTP? Out of all the kids, he has the least reasons to stay home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, nelroy78 said:

Reveal spoiler

On 9/9/2022 at 3:07 AM, Mr. Meatball Man said:

It really does sound like an episode of Full House. 

Wait a minute, why can't Barry move back in with the JTP? Out of all the kids, he has the least reasons to stay home.

It even got cancelled in a way similar to Full House (just a few months before the final episode aired). I get the feeling the cast got the heads up though. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, nelroy78 said:

It even got cancelled in a way similar to Full House (just a few months before the final episode aired). I get the feeling the cast got the heads up though. 

Maybe a new network will offer to pick up the show, but the cast will be completely over it by that point? 🤣

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, Mr. Meatball Man said:

Maybe a new network will offer to pick up the show, but the cast will be completely over it by that point? 🤣

On 2/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, nelroy78 said:

The calendar in 2023 was completely identical to 1995 as well. 

On 9/9/2022 at 3:07 AM, Mr. Meatball Man said:

He literally tried that in “Moms Need Other Moms” but was shot down. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

Finally! I saw the season premiere to see how they will handle Murray's death and never returned. Series should have ended when George Segal died.

Real Adam didn’t like how they handled either. Albert was not cremated in real life, and he wanted a funeral episode for Murray. 

• Like 1

I do hope the showrunners knew it was coming and close out the series with an ending. As tiresome as the show had become, I did enjoy it early on.

I prefer when shows go out on their own terms, I just wish that had been four or five years ago.

• Like 1