Type keyword(s) to search

Family Guy - General Discussion

ari333
  • Start Topic

It's a sad day when Family Guy is more sensitive at handling a subject than The Simpsons. I'm glad that unlike the case with SaintMarge Simpson -- who posed as a drag queen to be popular and somehow was able to worm her way out of any accountability by blaming Homer -- Peter was properly called out on what a shitty thing it was for him to do to pretend to be transgender.

LOL at them inserting "That is one NUTTY hospital" from Tootsie.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

That whole bit with the peaches was weird.

Yeah, the first thing they bring up is Quagmire's dad (at least Ida shows up at the end). And then they just push that aside for...all this. Why did I watch this? The last minute Bob's Burgers cameo didn't help, either.

I missed the episode, was watching Zootopia for the 100th time. I turned in for the last 5 minutes and caught the Bob's Burgers Cameo. 

I got a good laugh out of Peter saying, 'no roasts are good natured' LOL.  I also love that Family Guy is still bitter about the lack of an Emmy. I'll be honest, I hate Bobs Burgers, I don't find it funny and will never get why it's popular. I also have a hard time seeing Archer's Voice come out of Bob (yes, I know he also does Carl's voice also).

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, OnceSane said:

"Trans-Fat".Peter is mistakenly identified as transgender, which leads to an unexpected event and an important learning lesson.

Mmm, peaches!

I dunno, this ep's main story felt like a retread to me and for some reason, I got the feeling that they forgot about Ida and had painted themselves into a corner. Heh heh, "I can't use Prince's bathroom!". I need to remember that one, and the space cats lines.

Episode 14: 

"Family Guy Lite"

After a mishap at work, Peter decides to take his health more seriously and diet with the help of Quagmire, Joe, and Cleveland. When Lois takes a stab at writing a romantic fantasy novel, a curious Brian and Stewie investigate to find out who she might have a crush.

Airs March 3, 2019.

(edited)

I normally loathe Lois with a passion, but ripping Brian a new one for his attempts to get into her pants and his hypocrisy when he thought she was sleeping with Horatio was awesome and long overdue. As was the running gag of him getting kicked in the face by horses.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 7
(edited)

Man, there were a LOT of static shots tonight, and then that one shot of Joe getting tossed out of Quagmire's house made me realize where the animation budget went to.

The best gag tonight had to be Stewie being confused for someone working at the supermarket, then actually works there and takes the bus home. And then the callback with the Geisha.

I liked Brian eating sideways off the table like a dog. And he was right getting called out on trying to seduce Lois through her story, and being hypocritical when he thought she was having an affaitr. I REALLY liked that he was brought back to life, you guys.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Man, there were a LOT of static shots tonight, and then that one shot of Joe getting tossed out of Quagmire's house made me realize where the animation budget went to.

Stop saying things. I'll say the things! Of course Quagmire has a ton of traps. 

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I normally loathe Lois with a passion, but ripping Brian a new one for his attempts to get into her pants and his hypocrisy when he thought she was sleeping with Horatio was awesome and long overdue.

He did deserve that. Is the body switching episode canon? Because technically he did do it with her then. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I normally loathe Lois with a passion, but ripping Brian a new one for his attempts to get into her pants and his hypocrisy when he thought she was sleeping with Horatio was awesome and long overdue. As was the running gag of him getting kicked in the face by horses.

so true.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked Brian eating sideways off the table like a dog. And he was right getting called out on trying to seduce Lois through her story, and being hypocritical when he thought she was having an affaitr. I REALLY liked that he was brought back to life, you guys.

Pretty much the only times Brian is even remotely tolerable is when he acts like a real dog.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, VCRTracking said:

"What? Banging my mom? You know, you're the worst!" When Stewie says you're the worst, and the audience agrees, you've really gone too far.

Yup. And the Brian lusting after Lois storyline, like many of the Simpsons recycled plots, has gone on for far too long. Peter spelled it out for him years ago:"she's my WIFE and you're my best friend." The fact that Brian keeps pulling this crap while acting like Peter's friend and living under their roof is just so beyond despicable at this point. And that's saying a lot when you consider how many garbage people are on this show.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, OnceSane said:

"Family Guy Lite".

After a mishap at work, Peter decides to take his health more seriously and diet with the help of Quagmire, Joe, and Cleveland. When Lois takes a stab at writing a romantic fantasy novel, a curious Brian and Stewie investigate to find out who she might have a crush.

Because it can't be said enough, I loved Lois reading Brian the riot act and Stewie being mistaken for a grocery store employee and geisha and being forced to work a  shift.

Episode 15:

"No Giggity, No Doubt"

When the guys volunteer to chaperone the high school prom, Quagmire hits it off with Courtney only to discover that she is his daughter. To his and the gang's surprise, Quagmire makes a serious effort to embrace parenting Courtney, joining Peter and Meg on an ill-fated father-daughter camping trip.

Airs March 10, 2019.

"We're about to name the prom king and queen!"
"Natalie Holloway!"

Oh my god.

Yeah, Quagmire was bound to have a kid in her teens by now. It's canon that he's got kids all over the world. And they just had to have a joke where Brian tried to follow his kid on Instagram (and of course Quagmire denied it). I find it weird whenever Quagmire tries to be not himself. Toning himself down is never funny for me.

I liked Peter rattling off EVERY character in the FGverse (including The Orville. The ship) that Meg could take before him, and ALL of them showing up outside. I thought Angela and Adam West showing up as force ghosts was sweet (and Neil Goldman's mom getting pushed aside).

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I loved the tribute to Luke Perry. Man, it's hard to believe that his episode was so long ago. Ah, pre-cancellation days, when Peter and Lois were likable, Stewie was an evil genius, Meg wasn't everyone's butt-monkey, and Brian was smart and sarcastic without being so full of himself...

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked Peter rattling off EVERY character in the FGverse (including The Orville. The ship) that Meg could take before him, and ALL of them showing up outside.

Peter:  Holy Crap!!   Everybody's here!!

Stan:  Yes, including us.

Peter:  Hey!!  I didn't say "cast of American Dad"!!!   Get out of here, Stan Smith!!!   Take your crappy family and go back to that second-rate cable channel you belong on.

Stan:   Hey, I love being on cable.   I get to say "Hell" a lot, and my show will be on TV long after your show gets canned the moment after Homer and his family call it quits, you coattail riding freak.

I loved the tribute to Luke Perry.

Stan:  Simpsons had a tribute too.

Peter:   Hey!!  I said GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I liked Peter rattling off EVERY character in the FGverse (including The Orville. The ship)

I cracked up when they cut up and the ship is just there. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Twilight Man said:

Stan:  Simpsons had a tribute too.

Peter:   Hey!!  I said GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

I had completely forgotten that Luke Perry was on the show. It was one of the first times we saw Adam West, too.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, OnceSane said:

No Giggity, No Doubt".

When the guys volunteer to chaperone the high school prom, Quagmire hits it off with Courtney only to discover that she is his daughter. To his and the gang's surprise, Quagmire makes a serious effort to embrace parenting Courtney, joining Peter and Meg on an ill-fated father-daughter camping trip.

I must have fallen asleep while watching this ep b/c I have very vague recollections of what happened.

3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I loved the tribute to Luke Perry.

What tribute? You mean the "im memorium" plate after the closing credits?

• Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, GSManiac said:

When Peter and the gang were on the boat I was hoping that they would make a gag about the viral boat crash video on YouTube and I was not disappointed. 

The way the bikini women try to maintain their sexy tigress poses during the crash always makes me chuckle. 

I loved the Seinfeld closing theme. 

My listing said it was a new ep, but it was definitely a repeat. I remember it airing last fall, and there were comments about it back then and how it seemed off timing too. (about 6-9 months late at that time) to match the Korean Olympics. 

• Love 1

Ooh, meta episode! I really hope that if this ever makes it to DVD, there's a commentary on this episode. Gonna admit, I liked it this way better than if there was no commentary. The cast showing up at the end was the best.

Am I the only one who DID get that Peter singing "Halfway Down The Stairs" was from the Muppet Show? I just liked how everyone bitches how it's not even a joke, just a flat reference (and yes, Peter sang the entire song)

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Am I the only one who DID get that Peter singing "Halfway Down The Stairs" was from the Muppet Show?

28 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I DID remember Robin's "Halfway Down the Stairs" song! Lois can go to hell, the Muppet Show will always be classic.

Now there's going to be a whole bunch of comments underneath that YouTube video saying "Family Guy brought me here".

37 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

I just liked how everyone bitches how it's not even a joke, just a flat reference.

Oh, and "Shipoopi" and "Mr. Booze" apparently were jokes and NOT flat references as well.

(and yes, they got plenty of comments as well). Just look for yourself.

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Love 2

I liked how Stewie said how much they all love Cherry. On the real DVD commentaries they say nice things about her iirc. 

Was this actually an episode? Because I don't remember it. I liked how weird stuff was going on while they were talking over it. 

I liked that they went to Sturbridge. Because everyone that lives in New England is required to go. 

The Captain of the Orville said we don't exist!

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 1

I didn't like the part at the end where the real cast shows up.  Seemed like a really lame joke.

Was the episode they were ostensibly commenting on even a real episode?  I just checked IMDB page for Sarah Paulson and didn't see any credits for Family Guy.

This whole episode was a lame, overly long joke. Sometimes a stretched out gag takes 30 seconds or so. This whole show I was waiting for them to get it over with. It seems the writers didn't spend any time at all on a plot or jokes, like "Who cares? Just slap it together."

This episode was meta on top of meta. It got really odd the second half. I assume that they have a half-baked episode and instead of fleshing it out, they just decided to throw in the commentary part to mask the gaps. I'm still not sure if I like it or not....

Although I am glad they once again acknowledge shitting on Meg, nothing will really change.

• Love 2

Episode 17:

"Island Adventure"

In search of Stewie's big wheel tricycle, Stewie and Brian embark on an adventure to a giant floating mass of trash out in the sea; Lois tries to help Quagmire elevate his dating game.

Airs March 31, 2019.

I just love the idea of Chris Parnell being another talking baby with a deep voice.

Cleveland and Joe got dusted. I should've seen that coming, but they were the obvious choices. Between that and Moana, they didn't waste any time with being owned by Disney now, did they?

"To make any middle-aged woman laugh, call McDonald's 'Mickey D's'" Well, that's definitely true.

I liked that Stewie's idea on catching people up on the past 25 years was explaining the Khardashian family tree. Which, of course, involved explaining the OJ trial and the Dancing Ito's (and what happened to the Late Night War).

I thought that this was a pretty decent Brian/Stewie adventure. Gotta love whenever Brian acts like a dog, like all his rolling around in garbage.

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

"Island Adventure".

In search of Stewie's big wheel tricycle, Stewie and Brian embark on an adventure to a giant floating mass of trash out in the sea; Lois tries to help Quagmire elevate his dating game.

Was it just me, or did this ep trigger a lot of deja vu? We've already seen Stewie and Brian go on adventure looking for a missing toy, we already saw someone try to elevate someone else's dating game, etc. Didn't they do a joke about that song that played while Stewie towed Garbage Island back home? I swear the Griffins have visited a junk yard before. You get the idea.