Type keyword(s) to search

Mackenzie Edwards: Jesus, take the wheel.

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/mackenzie-standifer.html That says she was born in Dec 1996...is everything about this bitch obfuscated?? What the hell is her real age?!

For a short time, until the show is canceled. Maybe Jen and Larry will pay it then.

No. Reality stars don’t get residuals usually and many actual actors don’t get much/any. It has to be a huge show (like Friends) that’s still popular and money making after it’s canceled to really generate them. There’s zero chance, imo, they got any kind of deal in their contract for any residuals on TM.

I’m pretty sure that link is wrong. I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed Mack Truck graduated high school the spring of 2014. Her son was born in Sept 2013 when she was a senior in high school. 

Wikipedia and a few other fan sites list Ryan’s birth year as 1989. It’s actually 1988. 

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I’m pretty sure that link is wrong. I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed Mack Truck graduated high school the spring of 2014. Her son was born in Sept 2013 when she was a senior in high school. 

It has seemed like she’s been 21 forever. With all the incorrect info I’ll just keep thinking she’s actually 40 until there’s proof otherwise. ? 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

It has seemed like she’s been 21 forever. With all the incorrect info I’ll just keep thinking she’s actually 40 until there’s proof otherwise. ? 

Yeah, without the makeup she looks younger, but like, a solid 33 instead of 45. Definitely not 21!!! And hey, people in their 30s are very attractive, but can you imagine what she's going to look like when she actually IS 33?!

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 18

Ryan is a 30 year old heroin user with greying hair and Mackenzie looks older. What are they BOTH going to look like in 10 years? Mackenzie will be on husband #4 or #5 by that time!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 18
On 3/30/2018 at 6:39 PM, Rebecca said:

Ryan is a 30 year old heroin user with greying hair and Mackenzie looks older. What are they BOTH going to look like in 10 years? Mackenzie will be on husband #4 or #5 by that time!

You think she’ll be able to find 3-4 other guys high enough to marry her and whatever collection of kids she has by then?

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

You think she’ll be able to find 3-4 other guys high enough to marry her and whatever collection of kids she has by then?

Yep. Her lame and tenuous connection to fame can’t be discounted. Plus, she’s slimy and a snake, like Matt, and look how many got with him and are STILL getting with him even knowing it all. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12
On 27/03/2018 at 6:03 PM, Tatum said:

Yeah, I don't know if reality stars get royalties from reruns or not...I know most of the time underage actors don't. It wouldn't surprise me if these girls didn't. I bet most of them, save for Farrah, never bothered to run their contracts by a lawyer before signing, because it's one thing to waste money on Starbucks, leased vehicles, and taking every acquaintance you know on vacation with you, but paying a couple hundred bucks for legal or financial advice? Outlandish.

Speaking of royalties, I just read the other day that all the original Power Ranger actors got paid peanuts during the show's run, received no royalties, and probably worked hours that violated all sorts of labor laws. The Red Ranger came out and said if he had worked at McDonalds for 40 hours a week (in the early 90s, keep in mind, minimum wage probably wasn't even $5 then!) he would have made more money. Granted that wasn't a big budget affair and in the early/mid 90s they probably couldn't afford to pay their "talent" much, but with reruns and the cult following I think the production company eventually made out okay. Cheap bastards.

My kid, just started low key in the industry (well two have been on a show but really just hustling for the one who really loves it) and Nickelodeon is notorious for still working around SAG and screwing child actors so the power ranger thing doesn’t surprise me. 

Nick films out of places like NY and LA to pay the kids peanuts and not have them on a SAG contract.  It’s disgusting. 

Id never want my kid starring on a kid show because the filming sched would be grueling. I’d be fine with her being a kid on an adult show even part of the main case because they aren’t on much, but on kid shows they’re the mains and film crazy hours. Then the network screws them out of decent pay. Never mind all the sex scandals surrounding the producers at Nick.

Id be shocked if Viacom offered residuals to these reality hoes.  They’re also clearly not savvy enough to have representation to work that in. I was surprised they’re getting paid what they are now even, but it’s been on forever so good for them.

• Love 8

No. Reality stars don’t get residuals usually and many actual actors don’t get much/any. It has to be a huge show (like Friends) that’s still popular and money making after it’s canceled to really generate them. There’s zero chance, imo, they got any kind of deal in their contract for any residuals on TM.

Those kids were non-union and due to the contracts they signed, they were not promised residuals. Pretty normal if you are not a SAG member. That is why the TM cast are independent contractors. If they were SAG members, they'd be in the union. I am certain the amount of money they receive is to compensate for the fact they don't get residuals and they do not get a percentage of any sales of the show such as the sales made on iTunes and Amazon. 

Many actors/actresses from the 60s and 70s shows never received residuals as it was never put in their contracts. The concept of reruns was fairly new and no one even thought of DVDs. That is why so many tv shows don't end up on DVD if they have original music that was featured on the show. Songwriters ask to receive a portion of the residuals from tv shows on DVDs. If they don't get what they want, they deny the show their music.  That is why Happy Days DVD suck due to the copyright music not allowed on the DVDs. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

My kid, just started low key in the industry (well two have been on a show but really just hustling for the one who really loves it) and Nickelodeon is notorious for still working around SAG and screwing child actors so the power ranger thing doesn’t surprise me. 

Nick films out of places like NY and LA to pay the kids peanuts and not have them on a SAG contract.  It’s disgusting. 

Id never want my kid starring on a kid show because the filming sched would be grueling. I’d be fine with her being a kid on an adult show even part of the main case because they aren’t on much, but on kid shows they’re the mains and film crazy hours. Then the network screws them out of decent pay. Never mind all the sex scandals surrounding the producers at Nick.

The Power Ranger thing was really bad. Not only were they working 15 hour days for minimal pay, but the one of the original actors on the show was an openly gay man and the crew was allowed to make extremely poor taste gay jokes within earshot of him and also refer to him using the F word (the other F word). He had no recourse and the powers that be told him to get over it or find a new job. Granted, this was the early 90s, but still pretty shocking.

10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Many actors/actresses from the 60s and 70s shows never received residuals as it was never put in their contracts. The concept of reruns was fairly new and no one even thought of DVDs. That is why so many tv shows don't end up on DVD if they have original music that was featured on the show. Songwriters ask to receive a portion of the residuals from tv shows on DVDs. If they don't get what they want, they deny the show their music.  That is why Happy Days DVD suck due to the copyright music not allowed on the DVDs. 

I HATE that! They dub over the real music with something dumb, or just take it out altogether.

Back to Mack- has she responded to any of this on social media? I am still waiting for HOW she is going to explain her open letter to Maci last year. I assume Maci didn't know about the arrest back when it happened because I don't think she could've kept quiet about it back then.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

The Power Ranger thing was really bad. Not only were they working 15 hour days for minimal pay, but the one of the original actors on the show was an openly gay man and the crew was allowed to make extremely poor taste gay jokes within earshot of him and also refer to him using the F word (the other F word). He had no recourse and the powers that be told him to get over it or find a new job. Granted, this was the early 90s, but still pretty shocking.

I HATE that! They dub over the real music with something dumb, or just take it out altogether.

Back to Mack- has she responded to any of this on social media? I am still waiting for HOW she is going to explain her open letter to Maci last year. I assume Maci didn't know about the arrest back when it happened because I don't think she could've kept quiet about it back then.

The power ranger thing was awful. I remember hearing about some of it. 

I dont know know how bad the Nickelodeon thing is in comparison as far as hours but the fact that it’s 2018 and a major company can work around SAG and treat kids that way is awful. I’m sure they work long hours too, because even on a SAG contract my kid worked a few 10/11 hr days. They had to have permission and she got paid time and a half but if on SAG they’re willing to go over, I have no doubt on non SAG they do too. Plus all the sexual shit on the Nick shows is just as bad as that poor guy being called a homophobic slur. Look up the icarly and Cat shows. YouTube has a lot about the creepy outtake videos the director made with the actors for his foot fetish.  He’s finally been fired a couple weeks ago but it’s been going on for a long time.  It’s just terrible all around and disgusting that mistreatment happened then and worse it still happens. 

• Love 7
On 4/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, Kalamityjayne said:

Plus all the sexual shit on the Nick shows is just as bad as that poor guy being called a homophobic slur. Look up the icarly and Cat shows. YouTube has a lot about the creepy outtake videos the director made with the actors for his foot fetish.  He’s finally been fired a couple weeks ago but it’s been going on for a long time.  It’s just terrible all around and disgusting that mistreatment happened then and worse it still happens. 

If you’re talking about Dan Schneider he’s been beyond extremely creepy this whole time (major “alleged” pedophilia, google it ?) and it’s insane they’ve just decided to cut ties. And they made it seem mutual and a natural step since most of the  shows he created have winded down after years. There’s also the rumor he got a $7M payout to quietly move on and leave the network. Guess the $$$ he made them was all that really mattered. One of a million links: https://pagesix.com/2018/03/27/dan-schneider-may-have-gotten-7m-payout-to-leave-nickelodeon/?_ga=2.10598832.549398894.1522195914-691849477.1484975720

Topic: Mackenzie and Ryan sure seem so in love based on the latest episode. ? I know I’d find it just hilarious and heart warming if the father of my fetus, my HUSBAND, responded like a panicked teen with, “what are we gonna do?!” when I told him I was expecting. He sounds SUPER into having a kid! Weren’t they trying? He’s a rock.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 12

Ryan indicated less than a year ago he doesn't want kids. Mack either convinced him that knocking her up would allow more MTV dollars for his heroin kitty, or she told him she was on birth control. I don't think for one second Ryan ever planned or wanted to have another kid.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Ryan indicated less than a year ago he doesn't want kids. Mack either convinced him that knocking her up would allow more MTV dollars for his heroin kitty, or she told him she was on birth control. I don't think for one second Ryan ever planned or wanted to have another kid.

Me thinks Ryan was in a well placed dope nod and fell asleep on his back.  Didn't take too much more than that for Mackenzie to do the last deed to cement her Teen Mom spot. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Me thinks Ryan was in a well placed dope nod and fell asleep on his back.  Didn't take too much more than that for Mackenzie to do the last deed to cement her Teen Mom spot. 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think she made a fake Tinder account and met him in a grocery store parking lot wearing a wig. He's always so high, it would be easy to fool him. 

You guys! You're killing me!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Agreed but didn’t they actually talk about how they were trying a few episodes back? I’m sure it was all Mackenzie but in that case he had to know she was trying, because she told him. Although, who knows what, if anything, he retains.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think she made a fake Tinder account and met him in a grocery store parking lot wearing a wig. He's always so high, it would be easy to fool him. 

Bwahahaha!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Accurate! Food City to be specific.

• Love 8

All this behind the scenes tv pay and residuals talk is about to make me cry.  My beloved Jay Thomas used to discuss all this stuff and how the pay worked.  He had lots of insider/behind the scenes info he would share.  I listened to his radio show daily, and when the news came out he passed away, I cried almost as much for him as I did my own parents.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Rebecca said:

If you’re talking about Dan Schneider he’s been beyond extremely creepy this whole time (major “alleged” pedophilia, google it ?) and it’s insane they’ve just decided to cut ties. And they made it seem mutual and a natural step since most of the  shows he created have winded down after years. There’s also the rumor he got a $7M payout to quietly move on and leave the network. Guess the $$$ he made them was all that really mattered. One of a million links: https://pagesix.com/2018/03/27/dan-schneider-may-have-gotten-7m-payout-to-leave-nickelodeon/?_ga=2.10598832.549398894.1522195914-691849477.1484975720

Topic: Mackenzie and Ryan sure seem so in love based on the latest episode. ? I know I’d find it just hilarious and heart warming if the father of my fetus, my HUSBAND, responded like a panicked teen with, “what are we gonna do?!” when I told him I was expecting. He sounds SUPER into having a kid! Weren’t they trying? He’s a rock.

I was I was just too lazy to google his nasty name again. ? I always thought those shows seemed inappropriate just the clips I saw here and there like something was weirdly sexual underneath and didn’t let my kids watch. Then I saw the YouTube conspiracies about him this summer and was shocked.

anyway, if nick kids get crap pay and no residuals there is no way these reality doofuses are.

totally agree that Ryan’s responses are so underwhelming to this pregnancy. It’s almost like he’s goinf out of his way to TRY and seem disinterested. I mean his replied to every thing she says and the ultrasound and the convo with his parents about the baby are - can you be over the top understated? Because that’s what I see his responses as. Astonishingly, apathetic.

• Love 6
(edited)

Her Instagram is totally gone. I don’t know if she had a twitter but I can’t find one now. The comments are deleted and disabled from her blog (and she hasn’t posted since last year anyway). Maybe she’s finally getting the hint?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8
On 10/04/2018 at 9:23 AM, GreatKazu said:

Those kids were non-union and due to the contracts they signed, they were not promised residuals. Pretty normal if you are not a SAG member. That is why the TM cast are independent contractors. If they were SAG members, they'd be in the union. I am certain the amount of money they receive is to compensate for the fact they don't get residuals and they do not get a percentage of any sales of the show such as the sales made on iTunes and Amazon. 

Doesn’t a single spoken line on a scripted fictional tv show turn any extra into an actor, and also makes that actor eligible for SAG membership, even on the cheapest Disney Channel or Nickelodeon show? Star Trek: The Next Generation had a bunch of regular extras who seemed to never say anything because it would bump them up to actor status. I think SAG also demands a minimum level of residuals/royalties for its members.

None of this applies to Teen Mom because it’s essentially not fiction. 

They stopped airing Passions in Australia because of music licensing issues. Did the Breathe In, Breathe Out lady have NBC over a barrel? 

• Love 1

I heard on the  Teen Mom Trash Talk podcast that Mac sold her Instagram account to someone because she had so many followers, and that she left Ryan.  Not sure if it's true!

Regarding music in TV shows, wasn't it disconcerting to be watching 90210 reruns or something & the music was different?  Remember that vh1 show Hindsight which only aired one season?  (...still not over it).  It had all of this crazy awesome 90s music, but then I downloaded an ep on iTunes, and it just wasn't the same without it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t get it  ?‍♀️ 

Mackenzie gave her Instagram account (her password and control of the account) to her friend because Mackenzie had a lot of followers and her friend wanted to promote her business. Her friend said she knew she would lose half of the followers when they realized it wasn't Mackenzie but she would still have the remaining followers and her business would gain exposure. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, druzy said:

Mackenzie gave her Instagram account (her password and control of the account) to her friend because Mackenzie had a lot of followers and her friend wanted to promote her business. Her friend said she knew she would lose half of the followers when they realized it wasn't Mackenzie but she would still have the remaining followers and her business would gain exposure. 

Oh for goodness sakes! That’s the dopiest marketing strategy I have ever heard! Why not just be herself, it can’t be worse than being Mackenzie.

• Love 12

I guess Mackenzie just hitting the delete button on her instagram was simply not an option? I don’t agree with the bullying but her friend that took over the account obviously doesn’t understand that very few people actually like Mackenzie so that was a stupid idea and I’m not surprised the hate is spreading onto them now.

• Love 6

I think selling your followers to someone else is totally skeevy. I know you have the option of unfollowing someone but that basically just helps back up the fact that Mack Truck is just into all of this because she's an attention seeking 'ho like the rest of them. She thought of her "followers" as a commodity and sold them off to the highest bidder. (And I get the fact that social media followers are necessary these days because they're essential for your brand/platform but that's still low. My subscriber list for my newsletter hovers around 22,000. They all signed up because they either like my books, want to troll me, or are hoping for freebies. At any rate, they follow me because of ME; I would never turn around and sell my mailing list to an author in a totally different genre, much less someone who's not even in my field.)

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

She says she gave it away, free. She also said in s comment that she would’ve paid someone to take it *eye roll* ? Hit fucking delete! Totally agree with your point nonetheless @mamadrama 

Ah, okay. For some reason I thought she'd sold it. I've heard of other people doing that, wouldn't have put it past her. 

• Love 4

If she keeps staying away from social media I (and others) might actually forget how odiferous she really is by the time she ends up on our TVs again. I think she’s hoping for that. Can’t let it work!

• Love 3
(edited)
If you click on Ryan's picture, it will probably bring you to the Instagram page, click on his picture again and you will see that she labels him "lover" in all of her posts. She even labels his arm in the belly post.
Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That could be anyone's belly. Just saying. 

In the second pic, she's conveniently hiding behind Ryan. 

I wouldn't put it passed her.

• Love 4

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn’t even put it past her to get a soap opera pillow baby!  As if Ryan would notice.  

She is so vain, I can’t believe she isn’t posting weekly bumpdates with her full face showing.  

• Love 9