Type keyword(s) to search

2 Broke Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This was a good sitcom episode, for sure. Some farce-like hijinks and trying to hide sneaky details, with Oleg and Sophie doing the Greek Chorus thing worked well. Max and Han together actually works pretty well, as much as I wanted to tell Han to shut up about the wedding planning. Max was working the angle relatively well early on.

• Love 1

Bobby's sister and his mother look like they're the same age.

I don't think they look quite that close in age, but I see your point. In reality, Nora Dunn will be 65 in April, Kerri Kenney turned 47 in January. I think what makes them seem closer in age is the fact that they've both been around for quite a while. Not quite the same amount time, but both for a very long time. Nora Dunn first appeared on SNL in 1985, Kerri Kenney debuted onscreen with The State, which premiered on MTV in 1993.

I loved the episode. I'm so happy for Caroline, she finally has a normal boyfriend in her life, who supports her and loves her. 

Oleg and Sophie with the popcorn watching the free show was hilarious :D :D 

While it's odd that the supporting cast keeps finding reasons to go on these adventures with Max and Caroline, I appreciated that they were confined to their own story, which actually turned out pretty good, as opposed to impeding on Max and Caroline's.

Chariots of Fire theme(!) with the rolling ball, only to nudge the head pin, then they all fall down, and it's revealed to be Max. Fantastic sequence there!

This episode made me laugh because my husband belongs to a pool league that also meets on Tuesday nights and has quarterly tournaments. He's always asking me to come along but so far I've managed to find an excuse. :-)

• Love 2

I loved the episode. I'm so happy for Caroline, she finally has a normal boyfriend in her life, who supports her and loves her.

She had that with Candy Andy too but for some reason I can't remember it didn't work out.

(edited)

She and Andy broke up because she was so busy with the cupcake shop (the old one) that she wasn't as committed to investing in their relationship as Andy wanted. So actually he kinda sorta wasn't supportive.

And speaking of Andy:

Season 6 - Episode 21 : And the Rock Me on the Dais

Apr 10, 2017

Caroline's ex-boyfriend, Candy Andy, shows up at a press junket being held to promote the film about Caroline's life; Bobby gets jealous over Caroline and Candy Andy's reconnection.

Yay, Candy Andy's back! And I'm glad they're revisiting the movie thing. I was honestly wondering if they forgot. The following episode, which I think is the season* finale, is called "And 2 Broke Girls: The Movie":

The women and the diner gang prepare for the premiere of the film about Caroline's life; Caroline and Max contemplate their future at the diner.

*No word yet if the show will be renewed for a seventh season, though this show is usually not announced until the end of the regular TV season. This is one of those perennial "bubble" shows, where the ratings are not good enough to make renewal obvious but not low enough to cancel it. But the ratings have gone down year after year (now around 5-6 million per episode versus 10+ million in the first two seasons) so you never know.

Also, is it just me or do Max and Caroline contemplate their future at the diner in every season finale?

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 2

Oh, man. I loved seeing Candy Andy again! I sort of was hoping Caroline would end up with him. Bobby is sweet but kinda dull. Candy Andy is hilarious. I also liked the Earl/Sophie mash-up and movie Oleg was hot, lol.

Also I squeed during the previews for next week's season finale.

Spoiler

Randy shows up again and proposes to Max! I want her to say yes and follow the adventures of Randy and Andy, hee.

• Love 2

Oh Candrew Andrew, so good to see you back! A vastly more interesting, and a more age appropriate love interest for Caroline.  Even tonight they had more rapport and chemistry than dormant Bobby.

Loved Max taking to Vanessa at the end of the episode!

Edited by Traveller519
  • Love 4

Oh Candrew Andrew, so good to see you back! A vastly more interesting, and a more age appropriate love interest for Caroline.

I wasn't sure how old Christopher Gorham was, and I figured Bobby isn't meant to be more than mid-30's. Turns out Gorham is 42 (43 in August). I have to say, he looks good for his age. I would have thought he was at least 5 years younger. I guess in real life Gorham and Beth Behrs have a sizeable age difference (11 years), but I don't think it plays that way on the show.

Though I have to say, I was glad to see Andy back, and I was kind of hoping she'd dump Bobby. He's a nice enough guy, but he is bland and has no real spark with Caroline.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, reggiejax said:

I wasn't sure how old Christopher Gorham was, and I figured Bobby isn't meant to be more than mid-30's. Turns out Gorham is 42 (43 in August). I have to say, he looks good for his age. I would have thought he was at least 5 years younger. I guess in real life Gorham and Beth Behrs have a sizeable age difference (11 years), but I don't think it plays that way on the show.

Though I have to say, I was glad to see Andy back, and I was kind of hoping she'd dump Bobby. He's a nice enough guy, but he is bland and has no real spark with Caroline.

They look like contemporaries to me - Bobby has a boyish face. And I agree, there's nothing wrong with him but there's no there there. If I recall correctly, weren't Andy and Caroline pretty serious? I think they had a "reunion tour" where they hooked up a few times after they split.

• Love 1

Bobby's nice but Candy Andy is much more interesting and, to me, had more spark with Caroline than Bobby does. Although I have to say Andy's out-of-the-blue desperation to get back together with her was a little off-putting at times. Sack up, dude.

• Love 1

The whole thing was bizarre because he dumped her for caring more about her business than him. I mean, I guess, the fact that she totally forgot what she was going to say about her business in the moment after he sprung the wanting to get back together on her might give him a sign she's less business focused now. And then they're at an event where she's expecting to basically plug the dessert bar nonstop. So it was odd to me seeing her in business-promotion mode didn't deter him more to begin with.

That said, while I've enjoyed Chris Gorham in other things, he has a kind of nothing character here, and Ryan Hansen is much more interesting to watch. But this plot is super trite.

• Love 1

Does Chris Gorham really have a chest tattoo that can be seen at the bottom of his neck? Or is it part of the character? I keep waiting for some gag where he takes his shirt off and it's a mural of the ex-girlfriend the whole family loved, but nothing so far!

• Love 1

Yeah, Caroline and Candy Andy have way more chemistry than her and Bobby. I like Bobby enough, but seeing Andy again made him pale a little in comparison. Also, Caroline throwing herself at Bobby in front of Andy was just gross.

• Love 2

Is it wrong that I want this show to be renewed so that Caroline can correct her mistake and reunite with Andy, and we watch Max, Randy, Caroline and Andy interact?  I realize that's not really the point of a show called 2 Broke Girls but I love Ryan Hansen and I think he has better comedic timing than Christopher Gotham, and I've enjoyed the latter in other shows before, mainly dramas.  

If it doesn't return next year, I'll imagine Caroline saw the light and reunited with Candy Andy at some point.

• Love 5

I really enjoyed how that episode played out. The chemistry between the two girls at the end was spectacular. I enjoyed Max taking the proposal without her usual snark. It kind of confirmed how much Randy really meant to her. And Caroline's "You stole an engagement ring!" to realizing what had happened when Randy showed up and her friend-gasm made my heart smile. It really seemed like they realized it could be one of the last scenes they would shoot together, so they went for it.

Only thing I didn't dig was the contrivance to keep them in the diner.

• Love 6

I enjoyed this finale too. And I liked that it ended as a kind of storyline reset, a backdoor pilot for a new plotline if you will. Other finales ended the season with nothing really happening or changing for the girls (except, I guess, season 2 when they first got the idea to open the cupcake window). Kind of, whatever. Now, we have the introduction of two new storylines: Max Plans Her Wedding and The Girls Deal With The Fact That Their Significant Others Hate Each Other. So at least there's some new ground to cover when the show comes back. If it comes back. I'm sure it is coming back. It better come back. The show is objectively terrible but I love it.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 7

I'd be shocked if the show wasn't renewed, although I'd be far from devastated. I'm not sure how they can maintain "broke" at this point - Randy is clearly rich so one of the 2 Broke Girls ain't gonna be so broke anymore once she gets married. And why should Max have to go back to waitressing to help pay for Caroline's dress? That seems like a really contrived and unrealistic way to keep the 2 Girls working at the diner. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be shocked if the show wasn't renewed, although I'd be far from devastated. I'm not sure how they can maintain "broke" at this point - Randy is clearly rich so one of the 2 Broke Girls ain't gonna be so broke anymore once she gets married. And why should Max have to go back to waitressing to help pay for Caroline's dress? That seems like a really contrived and unrealistic way to keep the 2 Girls working at the diner. 

At times I allow myself to wonder why they still do the tally at the end of the episode when they got their $250,000 and opened their cupcake business/dessert bar, which was what it was for. But then I get mad at myself for trying to make the show make sense.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

That seems like a really contrived and unrealistic way to keep the 2 Girls working at the diner. 

Which seems dumb to me since the dessert bar is attached to the diner. It isn't like you need plot contrivances to get the regulars in the door. They're on the other side of a door. They seem to share the big kitchen. 

• Love 1

This show has gotten progressively worse every season and the last 2 have just been plain bad, but I watch out of habit/nothing better on/want to see how it ends. If it comes back, I would like to see the tables turned. It started with Max teaching  Caroline how to be poor. I want to see Caroline teach Max how to be rich.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

This show has gotten progressively worse every season and the last 2 have just been plain bad, but I watch out of habit/nothing better on/want to see how it ends. If it comes back, I would like to see the tables turned. It started with Max teaching  Caroline how to be poor. I want to see Caroline teach Max how to be rich.

Yes it's terrible but I like the actors. I too want to find out what happens. 

• Love 1
On 4/23/2017 at 3:25 PM, Fostersmom said:

If it comes back, I would like to see the tables turned. It started with Max teaching  Caroline how to be poor. I want to see Caroline teach Max how to be rich.

That could/would be fun. If Max actually marries Randy she'll be in a whole other world which may be hard for her. I know way back in the day she worked for Peaches (was that her name) as a nanny so she had some exposure to fancy life, but she'd be LIVING the fancy life. And if Caroline marries Bobby (ugh I am not partial to him) she'd be basically accepting a life much poorer than the one she grew up in. (Not saying they'd be poor but compared to what she started out with they definitely would be). 

• Love 1

Oh no!  I wanted a Max wedding!  And now Caroline will never end up with Candy Andy!  So all my comedies have been canceled this year,  such a bummer. 

• Love 1

In addition to not getting a proper ending, it's disappointing that CBS canceled one of its few female-led shows. And not only that, but 2 Broke Girls had one of the more diverse casts on the network. Of the 6 main characters, you had 3 women and 3 men, which included two Eastern European immigrants, 1 Asian-American, and 1 African-American. And I saw today that one of CBS' new shows have female protagonists, so it's unfortunate to lose that representation. 

• Love 4

Godammit, I just saw the news. This stinks. This was never a "great" show but it was entertaining enough, and I thought the ratings were decent enough to keep coming back. I mean, the network renews worse. And the way this season ended, it was like they were daring CBS to try to cancel it now. Well, CBS called their bluff, I guess.

Any chance another network or outlet might want to pick it up?

5 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Godammit, I just saw the news. This stinks. This was never a "great" show but it was entertaining enough, and I thought the ratings were decent enough to keep coming back. I mean, the network renews worse. And the way this season ended, it was like they were daring CBS to try to cancel it now. Well, CBS called their bluff, I guess.

Any chance another network or outlet might want to pick it up?

Nope, WB's vertical synergy factory is CW where this show won't fit and it's too expensive for anywhere else I would think.

ugH, i'm watching the final episode now, and I'm a little wary bc I'm worried there'll be unresolved cliffhangers.

And just when the show was finally making a wee bit more sense and the jokes were actually a little cleaner.

oh well, this show needed to be cancled four seasons ago.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:01 PM, Skyfall said:

Nope, WB's vertical synergy factory is CW where this show won't fit and it's too expensive for anywhere else I would think.

Maybe Netflix or Hulu? They seem to be into giving shows second chances.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:27 PM, incandescent said:

2 Broke Girls is now canceled. I'm surprised they didn't get a final season, but it is what it is.

In a way, it makes sense because Max is on the cusp of not being broke anymore, but it would make more sense to end with her wedding for that reason. You can't have two broke girls when one is married to a rich lawyer and their business is doing ok. But oh well. It was one of the few mindlessly funny sitcoms I watched, and I liked Kat and Beth's chemistry.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sad that the show has ended.  But I kind of feel like the show knew it was being cancelled.  That ending was pretty out there!  Not the marriage proposal necessarily, but the connection between Bobby and Randy.  I think that connection just came out of no where and seemed a little crazy.  I think the show gave us all that just to give the fans something to talk about, to come up with crazy ideas about what happens to everyone.  I can't imagine another season would have been very good, since the show really couldn't go any further.

I'm kind of shocked they cancelled it. It's still one of their top sitcoms, ratings-wise. I'm guessing salaries would have had to be renegotiated and the network didn't feel like it was worth the extra money. Especially since the show has taken a lot of heat for its crude dialogue and sexual innuendo. It's not exactly a "prestige" show for CBS.