Type keyword(s) to search

Miracle Workers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, marinw said:

Looks great! I was hoping the gang would go to the future rather than the past. I was thinking a struggling Mars colony but the Mad Max treatment works too.

Any excuse to have Dan in leather is dandy with me.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Now it's May and I still have seen nothing about this season that they clearly have in the can. It's weird.

See also: Snowpiercer. (A silly show, but I want to know how it ends). Maybe with the Writer's Strike TPTB will run Miracle Workers because they will need fresh material.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Why isn't this on CTV Comedy?  They were advertising it last December, and were going to air it in January, but not now?  I was really looking forward to this, and am so disappointed I can't find it anywhere.

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, muffkins said:

Why isn't this on CTV Comedy?  They were advertising it last December, and were going to air it in January, but not now?  I was really looking forward to this, and am so disappointed I can't find it anywhere.

I take it you are a fellow Canadian? I share your pain. 

• Like 1

I liked the previous seasons, but I'm just not liking this one so far. I just can't get into the gratuitous violence. Nobody is likable. Nobody gives a shit about anything. I realize it's satire, but I'm just not enjoying it.

• Like 1

I feel like everyone gets to switch up characters except Dan and Geraldine. They’re always the couple in the show. It’s boring.

That said, I did laugh my ass off when Freya came back to beat up Sid’s boss. And everything Scraps of course.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I enjoyed the authentic McMansion, with the original floors and furnishings from the 2020's(?)

I did like that one! Ha!! The chairs swivel half-way! He still has the bathroom key on a spoon!

They sort of switch up the roles, but the former shit-shoveler is now the junk man, so it's not that big of a switch for Buscemi.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I feel like everyone gets to switch up characters except Dan and Geraldine. They’re always the couple in the show. It’s boring.

I want to say that the first season didn’t have the same roles as love interests/supporting characters, but I don’t remember for sure now. I’ll have to go back and watch it sometime. I actually liked the first season more than the next two, but maybe that’s just because it was new and different and the time. 

38 minutes ago, possibilities said:

They sort of switch up the roles, but the former shit-shoveler is now the junk man, so it's not that big of a switch for Buscemi.

I think he was god in the first season, though. 

• Like 2
(edited)

It seems the only way to watch this after it airs on TBS is to watch on the TBS app…

And I can’t seem to turn off the closed captioning! I hate when things default to the cc being on and one must hunt to turn it off 😡

Edited by chitowngirl
26 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

It seems the only way to watch this after it airs on TBS is to watch on the TBS app…

And I can’t seem to turn off the closed captioning! I hate when things default to the cc being on and one must hunt to turn it off 😡

For the previous seasons, I’ve also watched on the tbs app with my cable login (didn’t have a cable dvr). Not impressed with the tbs app, although I am a cc watcher - I just want to be able to set them up the way I like them.

A few months ago, I switched from cable to YouTube tv, and was pleasantly surprised to realize I could follow the show (basically a virtual dvr) and watch later (and skip through ads). 

That may not help you, but it may help someone…

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I want to say that the first season didn’t have the same roles as love interests/supporting characters, but I don’t remember for sure now. I’ll have to go back and watch it sometime.

I thought that Daniel & Geraldine realized they liked each other at the end of Season 1.  Of course, there's a good chance I'm not remembering it correctly! 

I liked Season 1, but the Dark Ages season was my favorite.  I did not like the Oregon Trail season (except for Daniel's dance number!)  I'm kind of meh on this one so far.  I'll stick with it though.  

• Like 8

I chuckled a few times, but so far I'm not blown away by this season. I could do without Scraps as well.

Is there a category on PT that covers the Weird Al movie? Daniel got nominated for an Emmy, and Al got two nominations, one for writing the script and another for Original Song. The movie got 8 nominations total!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Barbarblacksheep said:

I chuckled a few times, but so far I'm not blown away by this season. I could do without Scraps as well.

Is there a category on PT that covers the Weird Al movie? Daniel got nominated for an Emmy, and Al got two nominations, one for writing the script and another for Original Song. The movie got 8 nominations total!

Aww, I kind of liked Scraps.  Who's a good boy...?

Weird has its own thread in the Movies forum - (Home>Beyond TV Shows>Pop Culture>Movies>Weird: The Al Yankovic Story (2022)) :

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm not as into this season very much yet, either.  I'll stick with it, of course, but it's not grabbing me the way previous seasons did.  I've given it some thought, and there are a couple of reasons why that might be.  

The first is that I'm not at all familiar with the "Mad Max" world that I assume this is based on.  If I saw any of them, it was only the first one, and that would have been in the theaters when it came out.  I really have no recollection of seeing it, and I know I haven't seen any of the others.  What I know of that franchise is what I've seen in previews.

The second is that it might be because our two leads are already together.  I get why -- it's the natural progression.  Different characters, different lives, but was the end game always to get them together?  So it makes sense that they are, but it also takes something away.

As for the HOA episode, I saw very nearly the same thing in "3rd Rock From The Sun" many years ago.  

Scraps was less disturbing in the second episode.

• Like 1

I was starting to like it but then they had to have a murder tagged on to the end of the episode. It was funny that Scraps wanted to kill the mail carrier, but it wasn't funny to me when it happened.

I did think everybody at the reunion being dead was funny, but then I just didn't find infidelity with a skeleton amusing.

As a person who has become totally disinterested in partying and excitement, and totally fulfilled by just relaxing and being comfortable, I did appreciate the turnaround for Freya, but it still wasn't funny, somehow. It felt like a total cliche.

I can't tell if it's the show that's different or if I am, but it's just not working for me even though I weirdly continue to watch.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

was starting to like it but then they had to have a murder tagged on to the end of the episode. It was funny that Scraps wanted to kill the mail carrier, but it wasn't funny to me when it happened.

Agreed. That was going too far.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I did think everybody at the reunion being dead was funny, but then I just didn't find infidelity with a skeleton amusing

Well, he’s married to a hologram, so *shrug*

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

I can't tell if it's the show that's different or if I am, but it's just not working for me even though I weirdly continue to watch.

It's not working for me either.  It went off the rails last season for me, but I thought I'd give it a try this season.  I've already taken it off of the DVR list to record.  

5 hours ago, possibilities said:

It was funny that Scraps wanted to kill the mail carrier, but it wasn't funny to me when it happened.

Yeah, I didn't care for that scene either.  I didn't find the last 2 episodes funny at all.  Sorry show, but I'm done.  

• Like 1

I would love to comment on this, but so far I am striking out at finding anywhere to stream it in Canada.  I can't even get an answer from anyone at CTV on if they ever will carry it.  They've had all the other seasons on CTV Comedy, but so far nothing on this one.

• Sad 2
17 hours ago, muffkins said:

I would love to comment on this, but so far I am striking out at finding anywhere to stream it in Canada

Maybe in the fall CTV will air it out of desperation when they run out of stuff due to the strike(s). The comments on the forum give this season mixed reviews but I still want to judge it for myself. Licensing rules are so weird. I would love to watch Season Three of The Great but that's not streaming in Canada for some reason.

Didn’t love either Ep 3 or 4.  Barely laughed at most ot of them.  I am not a prude by any means, but all the sex and S&M stuff was just over done.  I don’t like Scraps one bit. The threats to the mail carrier was mildly amusing until the murder.  Not funny. 

The brightest scenes of the entire hour were the ones with Quinta Brunson.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

While my favorite season was Dark Ages, I'm still enjoying this one. I loved the many little Matrix references in the sex therapy episode, like Freya's "...whoa" at the sudden appearance of the Hall of Ridiculous Dildos. And I just about died when Scraps pulled Dan (what's his character's name?) out of the matrixxx as he was about to, ya know, and Dan goes "not like this!" - one of my favorite moments of The Matrix. Switch and Apoc's deaths are so tragic and poignant, but this version of it completely cracked me up.

This season seems a little all over the place, but then I realized it might be because they're trying to touch on so many different apocalypse-related movies? So far we've had Mad Max, Divergent, The Matrix, Snowpiercer, maybe a bit of Waterworld (and The Mailman)? Speaking of which, I am perfectly happy with Steve Buscemi banging a skeleton, a barbershop quartet of decapitated heads, and Freya getting off on electroshock torture, but dang, killing the mailman for not much of a laugh has been the only sour spot for me.

Part of what I think still keeps the show enjoyable is that I get the feeling that this cast probably has a blast making it. Their enthusiasm at the silliness and OTT of everything is contagious. Boy, I'd love to work on set during some of these scenes, preferably as Daniel's leather apron wrangler. Mmmm hmm. ("There's not even a hole, I'm just mashing my dick against it" or whatever his boulder-banging line was... good lord, he's really become a master of blending hilarious, uncomfortable, and sexy.)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
On 7/20/2023 at 9:25 AM, Dewey Decimate said:

Part of what I think still keeps the show enjoyable is that I get the feeling that this cast probably has a blast making it. Their enthusiasm at the silliness and OTT of everything is contagious. Boy, I'd love to work on set during some of these scenes, preferably as Daniel's leather apron wrangler. Mmmm hmm. ("There's not even a hole, I'm just mashing my dick against it" or whatever his boulder-banging line was... good lord, he's really become a master of blending hilarious, uncomfortable, and sexy.)

This. Like Oregon Trail, the jokes are a little too hackneyed (oh no, the married people need to spice up their sex life; oh no, the main character is getting older and can't party anymore; etc), but there are little moments (and guest stars) that will keep me coming back because I like this cast and they are having fun. Plus DanRad may show his ass again and I don't want to miss that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

The MatriXXX had me launghing out loud the whole time - the Matrix parodies, the married-sex problems (and yes, my wife and I look for the happy-hour drink specials when we plan date night); the boulder threesome/twosome; and the reunion (love how Buscemi's bully still managed to deck him!)

But then, yeah, the ending kinda ruined it all!

• Like 5