Type keyword(s) to search

Miracle Workers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yay more shirtless Dan!

Wait, so even wealthy people in this apocalypse universe keep human dog gimps for pets? Nasty. 

Guess Morris’ skeleton reunion hookup came back to bite him in the butt. Him and Tai together was funny though.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I dunno, if the price to pay for shirtless Dan is his blood and guts on display, I'm not sure it's worth it for me.

Well, I was referring to the shirtless parts BEFORE that lol, but agree with the sentiment.

• LOL 4

Yikes. I know the first season was a bit on the dark side, but this is too much. Freya is straight up evil, mind-raping Scraps/Roland to be her “war dog” and he actually prefers it to the point where he helps her burn down his village and killing his own wife and kids not long after reuniting with them.

Sid is right: this is the darkest thing they’ve ever done. He should run far and run fast.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

...he helps her burn down his village and killing his own wife and kids not long after reuniting with them.

I was really losing interest towards the end of the show (which tracks with this season in general) so this totally escaped my attention. So I read a recap of this episode and yep, it's very strongly implied. Good god, and I thought killing the mailman was weird and unsettling. 🥹

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yikes. I know the first season was a bit on the dark side, but this is too much. Freya is straight up evil, mind-raping Scraps/Roland to be her “war dog” and he actually prefers it to the point where he helps her burn down his village and killing his own wife and kids not long after reuniting with them.

Sid is right: this is the darkest thing they’ve ever done. He should run far and run fast.

I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said, but… this might be my favorite episode so far this season. I mean, if you’re going to go there, go there. I wasn’t expecting The Waltons. 

• Like 6
59 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I already felt bad for farm workers and child laborers!

Oh for sure, in real life.  But in the context of this show, I'm not sure dogs have such a bad deal.  Apparently Scraps agrees!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

And, judging by Freya's expression, kibble isn't so bad!

Yeah.  I don't want to read too much deep philosophy into it, but it seems like this season is telling us there are both pros and cons to being a pet, an independent human being, a robot...

• Like 3

I did appreciate them going into Scraps's/Roland's backstory, because honestly, the premise was really bothering me. The ending was a LOT. And hard agree on the season needing a goal or something.

Since this is the last season, though, I imagine it'll end with a bang.

• Like 5

Okay, now this episode was more like it. Creepy baby shower and Tai and Scraps time traveling to 2023 and getting sidetracked from their Terminator mission to do an Escape Room. Just fun.

Except now John Connor the guy escaped to the future and is now starting a war against the machines. I guess this is what the season has been building up to.

Loved Sid’s happy Gene Kelly dancing. I know Dan has a Broadway musical coming up, but dammit, cast him in a musical movie already!

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Okay, now this episode was more like it. Creepy baby shower and Tai and Scraps time traveling to 2023 and getting sidetracked from their Terminator mission to do an Escape Room. Just fun.

Except now John Connor the guy escaped to the future and is now starting a war against the machines. I guess this is what the season has been building up to.

Loved Sid’s happy Gene Kelly dancing. I know Dan has a Broadway musical coming up, but dammit, cast him in a musical movie already!

I liked the episode, but I still think the writers are trying to do too much in every episode and I don't think they are up to the challenge. Seinfeld could juggle three storyl ines in a half hour episode, but here everything seems too rushed.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Okay Tai bring revealed as the bad guy because he’s kissed about Freya and Sid having a baby felt like it came out of nowhere. This whole season really has been a mess.

I did like Freya leaning out of her Deathmobile and firing off her machine pistols.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well, other than Sid going feral in his underwear, the finale was underwhelming.

Please give the WGA/SAG a fair deal so they can hopefully do a better season next time,

Underwhelming, but the episode actually went somewhere-a beginning, middle, end, which most of the others didn't. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

This whole season was underwhelming.  I thought it was scattered, aimless, and disjointed, but it also seemed really short.

There were bright spots here and there, and I'm glad Tai saved the day in the end, but overall, it was lacking.

• Like 5
On 8/28/2023 at 10:27 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Well, other than Sid going feral in his underwear, the finale was underwhelming.

Please give the WGA/SAG a fair deal so they can hopefully do a better season next time,

This season was called "End Times", so I feel like there probably....isn't going to be a next time? I'm actually surprised this got a fourth season, considering how much TBS is getting out of the scripted comedy business.

Plus, I'm not really sure where they'd go from here, considering this series has already gone into the "future" (or a possible future).

• Like 4

I’m not surprised. TBS pushed back the start of the latest season at the last minute for some reason, even thought they promoted it, which indicated to me it wasn’t a priority. It’s also got to be difficult to get the same cast on board and available at the same time. I know Daniel Radcliffe is doing Broadway at the moment.

• Useful 1