Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Kimmy's Roommate Lemonades!

I'm loving Titus and his Lemonading.... But I hope they bring Mikey back at some point, I really liked them together... though I know stable relationships don't really last long on TV shows, so I can see why they separated them. At least it was on good terms and Titus trying to do the right thing.

Kimmy and her college tour to become a crossing guard was fun, the changing the thought experiment to pizza and then cupcakes was great :)

• Love 5
(edited)

I knew they would break up Titus and Mikey because they couldn't move in together, since Titus has to stay in the apartment with Kimmy for TV reasons...but I really hate it. :( I hated this plot when it was Dana's Dating Plan on "Sports Night" (or to a lesser degree, when Will made over Dan Futterman and helped him come out, only to have him want to play the field). Yeah, it's realistic and maybe Mikey needs more experience, but realism isn't what I'm watching this show for, and TV has taught me it's not going to end well. Depressing.

On a better note, I'd heard of Daveed Diggs but never seen him in anything. Damn, he is FINE. More please.

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 8

I'm bummed about Mikey and Titus breaking up, too. I guess it's sweet that Titus thinks this is best for Mikey, but I think part of it is that Titus is worried he's not really enough for Mikey, and one day Mikey will figure that out and leave him, so better cut ties now before they get too attached?

• Love 4

On a better note, I'd heard of Daveed Diggs but never seen him in anything. Damn, he is FINE. More please.

He was recurring on black-ish this season and I enjoyed him on it...his character there is sort of in line with this one. 

On 5/19/2017 at 9:06 PM, mtlchick said:

"And Hudson University is on TV."

I cackled and choked on my cookie at the sight gag. 

I fell out! I always joke about how Hudson is the deadliest university in the world and no one should ever go there.

22 hours ago, mtlchick said:

He was recurring on black-ish this season and I enjoyed him on it...his character there is sort of in line with this one. 

He's SO FINE. I'm glad Hamilton (which I haven't seen) is giving him opportunities. I enjoyed him on blackish.

Columbia is my alma mater, so it'll be fun for me if she ends up there (which I assume she will).

I loved the Lemonade parody but I hate that Tikey is no more. I thought they were so sweet!

• Love 5

No, Kimmy, don't go to Hudson University, I don't wanna Olivia Benson standing over your dead body!

She and Perry were adorable, and I already kinda ship it. Hope she follows him to Columbia!

Titus Lemonade-ing was epic, but I too am sad if this is the end forever of Titus and Mikey. They were just so gosh darn cute. Maybe Mikey can play the field a bit and then come back more experienced.

• Love 5
(edited)

Awww Perry is so cute! I've really liked him on Blackish, so I hope we see him again. I think Kimmy should work on herself instead of looking for a guy, but her having a healthy romance is provably a good idea, and he seems like a good choice. Funny, but not so quirky that things get weird.

Titus doing Lemonade-ing was pretty amazing (why don't people ever do stuff like that in my neighborhood?!?) but I'm so sad that Mikey and Titus seem to be over. I get Titus's point, that Mikey should date around now that he's out and he might like a guy who is more like him, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! They're so adorable!

I think my favorite joke actually may have been when Lillian was at the counsel meeting, and one of their points was that they had to fix the two broken fire hydrants which were "destroyed by a bat wielding man in a yellow cape"! I guess someone has to pay for that epic-ness.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8

Titus lemonading was awesome. I was thinking at the end of the season premiere that Titus needed to stop playing so many games. The breakup was sweet and neither of them had to be the bad guy. Titus realized Mikey needed to find himself and acted selflessly. That was real growth. 

Kimmy could use a friend like Perry. I'm a little surprised that Kimmy didn't connect crossing guards to what happened to her since she was abducted on the way to (or from?) school. I could see her connecting to something that allows her to protect children.

• Love 9
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 4:32 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I didn't care for the Lemonading song myself, even though it seems others loved it.

I liked........other songs later in the season more than that one.

I don't know if the song itself was anything to write home about... but I did enjoy the music video feel and Titus in his yellow dress bustin' shit up...

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, roctavia said:

I don't know if the song itself was anything to write home about... but I did enjoy the music video feel and Titus in his yellow dress bustin' shit up...

I love it whenever I get to hear Tituss Burgess sing, no matter how flimsy the pretext on the show. What a magnificent voice! 

The Hold Up parody had a bit of a Barenaked Ladies feel to the lyrics, as pointed out in the Youtube comments: "I'm not too feminine to cut me up a nerd." 

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1

Not to be That Guy, but Beyonce pinched her "Hold Up" video from Swiss artist Pippilitti Rist's "Every Is Over All," a 1997 video installation. It's prety great, too, although I think, "I'm not playing with your meatball" is the best line in pop music in the last 10 years. Anyway, Rist's stuff is well sorth a look.

Daveed is so cute. I'm shipping him and Kimmy hard. But I'm sad that the clean water initiative got shut down, thanks to Kimmy. Seriously, the one good thing Jacqueline has ever done and it gets derailed. Hope she enjoys her glass of carrot-juice-looking sludge!

• Love 1

Titus Lemonading + Daveed Diggs = A+ episode!

If there's anything I have learned from years of watching SVU, it's never go to Hudson University unless you want to end up dead so I was glad that Kimmy was so enthused about anywhere else for her crossing guard education.

If they had to break up Titus and Mikey, I'm glad they did it this way instead of having one of them cheat. Part of me hated that Titus ended up being right because jealous people drive me crazy. He was basing all of his suspicions on Mikey wearing his special sweater and laughing as he walked into his house. To me, that's irrationally jealous so I was hoping that he had read the situation all wrong.

I hope that eventually Titus and Perry meet and then sing a duet together!

• Love 1

Can anyone direct me to screenshots of Lemonade so I can get a visual reference without having to actually sit through a bunch of Beyoncé videos? Thanky!

• Love 2

Silly me, I should have known that Titus' response to Mikey possibly cheating would be go lemonading all over New York and Mikey's car!  Really, he wouldn't be Titus if he didn't.  Not surprised that Mikey wasn't cheating, but I guess I'm not too surprised either that they broke up, since Titus wasn't going to move out any time soon, and I do think the pressure of being Mikey's first boyfriend was going to be too much for him.  That said, I'm optimistic that Mikey will be back.

Great seeing Daveed Digs as Perry and hope he comes back to.  I'm looking forward to which direction Kimmy will end up going when she finally gets into college. Just as long as it isn't Hudson University.  Nothing good ever comes from that place.

Cracked up that Kimmy was the only person eligible to vote in their district.  So, of course Lillian wins, but she now realizes that she can't just stop everything on her own, since the committee can easily overrule her and move onto other topics (like the mysterious man in a cape breaking fire hydrants with a bat!)

I love how with everything that's gone on in her life Kimmy still found the time to get her voter registration in order after getting out of the bunker. I work in local politics and even I didn't get mine squared away until the last minute.

• Love 1