Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Quote from Episode thread:

Don't agree about Alex, but YES to the rest of your post. These pair-ups are so weird. I guess it's the boobs? Jessica and Elena both have big ones. But Elena just seems to overdone and loud-mouthed for a chill, athletic guy like Mark. Raven seems too "odd" for any of the bros. She's like a Cosplay character. I'd see her with someone like Paul before someone like Matt. I guess I'm probably being too stereotypical, but these match-ups just don't make much sense to me. 

I feel like these pair-ups are just for the sake of being paired up with someone, not because the couples actually like each other that much. They want to be in a BB Showmance and hook up with the best person to fulfill that lifelong dream.

Raven seems odd to me in that she seems old-fashioned in how she displays herself sexually. It's hard to explain but the best I can do is that she poses herself like a 40s or 50s pinup girl: the arched back, flirty look at the camera, etc. She seems posed all the time, giving little winky looks at the camera, sometimes pouty expressions.

By the way I have the feeds up and everyone's still sacked out. I think that's Christmas in the HOH bed with Paul. It's hard to tell in that black and white lighting.

Edited to add:

Yes, it's Christmas. I wonder how she managed the stairs.

Sorry, Drogo, for posting this in the Episode thread by mistake.

1 hour ago, MV007 said:

It really goes to show how awful Jessica is that it is taking away from my Josh hatred.  The kid does play the perpetual victim but Jessica can't be the one making that argument.  I know Cody is saying it too but Jessica is going along with it and its annoying from her.

Kevin is either playing brilliantly or being really dumb.  Regardless he seems to be one of the few people to want to target the girls from the showmances because they're doing nothing.  

Edited 1 hour ago by MV007.

At this point, everyone has to know that being mean to Josh is like kicking a puppy.  A puppy that can turn into a fully grown pit bull on a dime, but still.  

I'm starting to really like Kevin. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But why is the physical dominance made out to be the thing that makes one the better/more important player? Elena (and Dom) is running Mark. He is the weaker player in that scenario. Elena doesn't even really like him, she's just strategically using him to further herself in the game.

The women are viewed negatively because sexism is alive in well, particularly on BB. It happens every season. It's a pattern. Why do I still watch lol.

I think physical dominance is made out to be a bigger thing because it is something that is obvious.  It is also something that gives a player an extreme advantage in a large number of comps.  I would say a large number of comps require physical strength.  Then there are another percentage that is just dumb luck.  Then another percentage that actually requires mental strength.  But the comps requiring mental strength are a smaller percentage in my mind.  Maybe I'm wrong and thats just my perception.

And don't you concede the point a bit if you admit Elena is playing Mark?  She's using him for his physical ability.  And if that is true, I agree with you that she is the smarter player but that doesn't make her a bigger threat to players on an opposing team.  The first thing an opposing team has to do once battle lines are drawn is gain power.  Mark is more of a threat to that power then Elena because of his ability to win comps.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So the current plan is to nominate Alex and Josh (as 'pawns'), with Paul promising he'll use the veto on them if he wins it, right?

That is the plan as far as I know.  I went to bed right after he talked to Josh and Josh agreed to go up.  But before he talked to Josh he was telling the rest of the group how Alex had agreed to go up.  He was trying to make them promise to not vote her out if the nominations stayed the same because he had essentially assured her that she was safe no matter what.  I think he was banking on the false assumption that Ramses has to put himself up all 3 weeks and not just one of the 3 weeks.  He was convinced it had to be all 3 but said he would get clarification from the DR.  He did go to the DR but when he came back he said that they would have an answer for him in the morning.  I think if all else fails, Ramses will be on the block, too and Paul and company will vote Ramses out.  At least that's what Paul was trying to make it sound like last night.

Those of you who want Cody to stay for maximum drama, keep in mind there will probably be a buyback comp in a few weeks, and since those are often endurance, Cody should be a favorite to win it. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But why is the physical dominance made out to be the thing that makes one the better/more important player? Elena (and Dom) is running Mark. He is the weaker player in that scenario. Elena doesn't even really like him, she's just strategically using him to further herself in the game.

The women are viewed negatively because sexism is alive in well, particularly on BB. It happens every season. It's a pattern. Why do I still watch lol.

Not to mention, I think it's pretty clear that Mark swung his vote because of pressure from both Elena and Dom (and Christmas, though she has much less influence on him).  When Christmas broke her foot, Mark was still squarely in Evict Christmas Mode. Elena had a couple of snippy conversations with him, where she got frustrated and had to walk away because he was still expressing doubts about keeping Christmas, Dom basically guilted him into apologizing to Christmas for being up in the HOH room all day, and then Christmas made him cry actual tears.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Those of you who want Cody to stay for maximum drama, keep in mind there will probably be a buyback comp in a few weeks, and since those are often endurance, Cody should be a favorite to win it. 

Good point.  But buy back is very far down the line and they have to live with him until then.  

39 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I concede that.  But I don't know that its completely sexist.  These guys are major threats and the girls are using them for safety.  I think its a larger cultural question as to why we don't view men who attach themselves to women in this game in the same context.  But in this case its purely physical.  It is about Matt and Mark's physical dominance.  Thats why the women are viewed negatively.   It doesn't help that Elena is a zero when it comes to physicality and Raven has a million diseases that cause people to perceive her as weak. 

When McCray used Amanda as his shield, I remember he was viewed negatively.   I don't think it matter whether the player is male or female, if they use someone as a shield, they are not considered in a good light. 

• Love 6

I also think its important to look at this season specifically though.  Lets say something different happened.  Lets say Jessica won the first HOH.  And that she formed a solid alliance with Elena and Raven first.  Then she made decisions on who to nominate with those two supporting her.  And while that was going on, while they were making decisions, they also formed relationships with Cody, Mark and Matt.  Maybe people would view those relationships differently.  Or maybe not.  But I do know it was the guys that were in power first and the girls along for the ride initially.

And I'm not saying they're weaker players.  And if Elena is using/manipulating Mark then she's one of the best.  But at this point, I see them as kind of along for the ride.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, MV007 said:

I also think its important to look at this season specifically though.  Lets say something different happened.  Lets say Jessica won the first HOH.  And that she formed a solid alliance with Elena and Raven first.  Then she made decisions on who to nominate with those two supporting her.  And while that was going on, while they were making decisions, they also formed relationships with Cody, Mark and Matt.  Maybe people would view those relationships differently.  Or maybe not.  But I do know it was the guys that were in power first and the girls along for the ride initially.

And I'm not saying they're weaker players.  And if Elena is using/manipulating Mark then she's one of the best.  But at this point, I see them as kind of along for the ride.

The thing is though, if it were up to the guys initially, Christmas would be gone. Right after the veto ceremony, Cody and Mark were gung-ho about getting her out. If they were so much better players than the coattail-riding girls, they would have convinced them that Christmas has to go. Instead it was the other way around. Elena, Dom, and Raven all pushed to keep Christmas. If the girls had stuck with their men right from the beginning, they had the votes to evict Christmas easily.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

Everybody has to change their batteries!

I wonder what kind Cody-bot needs. Diary room for Christmas. Trying to figure out what she's holding in her left hand. She took it out of a suitcase in the storage room. Boy that storage room door is squeaky! More like a haunted house deep moan. Kevin has a serious case of bedhead, well no, that's his normal do from an aerial view.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Thalia said:

The kid does play the perpetual victim but Jessica can't be the one making that argument.  I know Cody is saying it too but Jessica is going along with it and its annoying from her.

Cody was so right when he said he was behaving like a child and how does Josh respond to that? Goes and runs and cries in the bathroom. 

• Love 2

Cody just sprayed what looks like a shit ton of Lysol all over the have not room.  Did he fart or is he just trying to combat the lack of cleanliness that runs rampant in the house?

• Love 3

Kevin has a bad tooth and wants it pulled as opposed to going through the process of a root canal and crown. Jason just asked Kevin what Candy Crush is. He just said, "I've heard of Pokémon or whatever." Then he mutters "F---ing Candy Crush, what the f---."

Jason just told Kevin he needs to get out of the BB house because he (Jason) hasn't had a boner in 4 days.  Dude, nobody needed to know that. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Cody was so right when he said he was behaving like a child and how does Josh respond to that? Goes and runs and cries in the bathroom. 

It's true that Josh is playing the perpetual victim and he can't seem to control his emotions. Just like Jessica is a hypocrite when she mocks Josh for crying when she was literally sobbing in bed not even ten minutes before that fight. 

It's nice to like and hate every single houseguest this season. It makes it easier to snark on them and spread the blame, and it makes rooting for HOH/POV/eviction way easier when I don't really care. I mean, I like Christmas, but she can be quite irritating, just like every single one of these houseguests. So the outcome this week? Don't care who goes. Whether that's Cody, Josh, Alex, Matt, Raven, Jessica, Ramses, or whoever. I'm cool with whatever creates the most drama. Last week, it was Christmas staying. This week is to see Paul's plan fail. Which is why I'd rather Matt and Raven were still up. Josh and Alex are no losses to him or to me. 

2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Jason just told Kevin he needs to get out of the BB house because he (Jason) hasn't had a boner in 4 days.  Dude, nobody needed to know that. 

Great. Another self eviction, but for sex related reasons!

I kid, I kid. It's fun to make fun of all these threatening self evicting houseguests. This is the Season of Curses. I know Jason wasn't actually serious.

• Love 3
(edited)

Zorak said:

Definitely, especially Raven who was walking through the room at the time. (And us)

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2

I may be wrong but there is one bedroom that is never or rarely shown.  It is blue and white (remember it from first episode) and Ramses chose it.  There are 3 beds, who else is in there?  

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I may be wrong but there is one bedroom that is never or rarely shown.  It is blue and white (remember it from first episode) and Ramses chose it.  There are 3 beds, who else is in there?  

It was probably the room that they turned into the have not room

• Love 3

I don't think Paul realizes that even though Ramses will and must be a third nominee at some time ( and not the next three, just once), if he wins the veto, and takes himself off, he is not replaceable . Only one of the two originals can be replaced. I don't know this for a fact but thats how road kill and MVP nominations worked. 

Put up two people you want evicted and go from there.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, MV007 said:

It really goes to show how awful Jessica is that it is taking away from my Josh hatred.  The kid does play the perpetual victim but Jessica can't be the one making that argument.  I know Cody is saying it too but Jessica is going along with it and its annoying from her.

Someone said on Twitter  regarding Josh & Jessica is that they are both the two most EXTRA people in the house, but Josh is likeable (to some people) because he's like a puppy dog. Underneath all the crying he's a sweet kid, dramatic as all hell, but a sweet kid. Jessica is just an asshole.

I thought that was pretty accurate. 

She isn't a good villain- she's an annoying Villian. Lmao. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 12

A friend of mine (occupational therapist) works with people like Josh.  She bristles when their behavior is compared to children.  An intellectually challenged adult is never the same as a child at any stage.  It is like comparing cheese and chalk.  

As much as Josh irritates everyone, he is good to keep, clearly.   Right now, Christmas and Dom get this and will keep him groomed.   I am warming to Dom.  She seems to be dropping some of her facade.  Time will tell if that keeps up.  

14 minutes ago, dovpm30 said:

It was probably the room that they turned into the have not room

Where is Dom sleeping?  I haven't noticed.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

I don't think Paul realizes that even though Ramses will and must be a third nominee at some time ( and not the next three, just once), if he wins the veto, and takes himself off, he is not replaceable . Only one of the two originals can be replaced. I don't know this for a fact but thats how road kill and MVP nominations worked. 

Put up two people you want evicted and go from there.

I think the reason Paul is trying to play it this way is he doesn't actually want Jessica to leave, only Cody.  He and Jessica were close before Cody tried to backdoor him, and I suspect he thinks if Cody is gone she will run back to him.   Paul thinks if Cody/Jessica are on the block together, there is a good chance Jessica would actually end up going, not Cody.

So he's using two pawns (currently Josh/Alex) because the chances of Cody being drawn for veto is less than the chance of Cody winning veto if he were certain to compete in it.  His initial plan of using two of Matt/Elena/Raven as pawns was completely stupid, but it's much better with Alex/Josh.  He wouldn't care if either left, although obviously he'd much prefer Cody.

He does seem to be overlooking the possibility of Ramses winning the veto, but he'd probably still prefer to try and backdoor Cody since he probably thinks Cody would have a much better chance of winning a competition than Ramses.

• Love 4

Big Brother Access‏ @bigbroaccess  5m5 minutes ago

More

Big Brother Access Retweeted Big Brother Access

As we suspected yesterday, it now does seem like there will most definitely be a Battle Back on a special episode Friday, July 21st #BB19

It seems way too early for this and question the source.  

I just saw a little of this on BBAD last night, but it's true: Josh is a giant man-child. And I find it disturbing that the people who cast this show deliberately chose someone who is so obviously "challenged," for lack of a better word. Look - the guy's just not very bright, probably in a borderline IQ range, and the producers thought it would be "funny" to put someone like this on TV. 

• Love 2

I just remembered something from last night.  Jessica emerged from the have not room and was bitching to Alex and Jason about how the vote played out.  I think it was Jason who brought up Candy Crush and how Paul had already played Candy Crush for CBS.  I think he was getting at how Paul would have had an unfair advantage with the HOH comp if true, not realizing that the gameshow version is not the same as what they played for HOH.  Regardless, Paul came through the room while they were talking about this Candy Crush gameshow and they asked him about it.  He neglected to mention that he was in fact a contestant for the gameshow version and tried to play it off like he wasn't completely sure what the gameshow version was.  I think Paul doesn't want this info getting out because it might make the others realize just how favored he his, but the fact that he alone was brought back as a vet this year should have already clued them into this.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

I just remembered something from last night.  Jessica emerged from the have not room and was bitching to Alex and Jason about how the vote played out.  I think it was Jason who brought up Candy Crush and how Paul had already played Candy Crush for CBS.  I think he was getting at how Paul would have had an unfair advantage with the HOH comp if true, not realizing that the gameshow version is not the same as what they played for HOH.  Regardless, Paul came through the room while they were talking about this Candy Crush gameshow and they asked him about it.  He neglected to mention that he was in fact a contestant for the gameshow version and tried to play it off like he wasn't completely sure what the gameshow version was.  I think Paul doesn't want this info getting out because it might make the others realize just how favored he his, but the fact that he alone was brought back as a vet this year should have already clued them into this.  

Good for Jason, Now at least someone other than Cody gets it.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, zorak said:

Aw, did you miss Mark recounting for Elena what he did yesterday morning? He was so proud to talk about spanking it in the toilet room. Which, much like the kitchen counter *hork*. That toilet room has seen some things. Jack Shack 2: Electric Boogaloo?

12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

A friend of mine (occupational therapist) works with people like Josh.  She bristles when their behavior is compared to children.  An intellectually challenged adult is never the same as a child at any stage.  It is like comparing cheese and chalk.  

Eh. I know we tend to snap judgments but I don't know if I would call him intellectually challenged (or maybe that has a different connotation to me because of when I grew up). He has emotional problems and he's not the brightest guy - at least not from what he's shown thus far - but really, he just seems like someone who was coddled and spent a lot of time being a Momma's Boy and doesn't know how to handle confrontation without jumping off the handle.  Or to boil it down, Cody style: "VICTIM NOISES."

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It seems way too early for this and question the source.  

By July 21st, there will have been 4 people evicted: Cameron, Jillian, Paul's HOH evictee, and one more. 

• Love 2

Mark and Matt certainly are challenge monsters with their zero wins.  I hate the mentality from Kevin that the girls are doing nothing when they've done exactly the same things as Matt and Mark.  And I always roll my eyes at the perception that they are bigger challenge "threats".  MAYBE for Veto, as those do tend to be more physical.  But HOH? Nah, those are mental, crapshoots, endurance which a lot of the time favors the smaller bodies, things like the egg and chicken wire which favors people who have dexterity.  I guess the slip and slide contest, but really, that's about it.  I always come back to this - Ivette from Season 6 managed to win comps.  IVETTE!!

• Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Good for Jason, Now at least someone other than Cody gets it.

I may be wrong but I think Kevin told him.  Jason could not have come up with this himself.  Jason has always been against Paul so the news did not wake him up.  

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Mark on a wall hanging HoH comp will be entertaining. Those muscles will be falling off the wall faster than Meg did. 

Oh yes, first HN!  If they are going to choose that way. 

Edited by wings707

There were people out there who believed Paul's HoH letter was coded. I know it's been done before but really? Did he also get something in his basket with a shell sticker on it? Because if he did, that means to trust Shelli above all else.

In other news, Paul has some adorable as shit dogs and cats. But they aren't hidden code in the letter. Just snuggleworthy.

Why is there even a "Team Paul"?  Don't these hamsters know anything?  You never, ever, give the BB vet the upper hand.  You get them out as fast as possible.   If only to play your own game, and not some tired re-tread of a game.  Sheesh.  Cody knew that.  He just went about it badly...

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Boogaloo?

OT Today, 7/7/17 is Ringo Starr's 77th birthday.

This grand scheme of Paul's has too many parts.  It will be fun to watch if Cody stays.

5 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Why is there even a "Team Paul"?  Don't these hamsters know anything?  You never, ever, give the BB vet the upper hand.  You get them out as fast as possible.   If only to play your own game, and not some tired re-tread of a game.  Sheesh.  Cody knew that.  He just went about it badly...

No one is team Paul.  He is leading right now and everyone likes what he is doing.  Why rock that boat?  Things will change when he is no longer safe.  Paul is playing well.  

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

What was Kevin going to apologize for (to woman in DR)? 

I'm not completely sure but Paul was telling someone earlier that Kevin had gone into the DR and sat there for 7 minutes straight staring at the camera saying he wasn't going to talk.  Maybe he feels bad about that?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Where is Dom sleeping?  I haven't noticed.  

In the purple and red room.  They call it the sex room lol 

The other room  you were asking about was turned into the have not room.  They do that every year.. They make all of the bedrooms regular rooms for the first 1-2 nights and then they make they switch one of the bedrooms that has a door on it.  I think it's a waste of decor and time. But I guess they do it so everyone has a regular bed to sleep in the first night or so.

Just now, gunderda said:

In the purple and red room.  They call it the sex room lol 

The other room  you were asking about was turned into the have not room.  They do that every year.. They make all of the bedrooms regular rooms for the first 1-2 nights and then they make they switch one of the bedrooms that has a door on it.  I think it's a waste of decor and time. But I guess they do it so everyone has a regular bed to sleep in the first night or so.

Yes, I remember but forgot there for a moment.  

I'm not talking about now, when Paul is HoH.  I was referring to why the Bros and Boobs alliance was so mad at Cody for trying to nominate Paul--like he was a sacred part of their alliance.  I never got the feel that either Paul or Christmas were solid members of the B&B alliance, they were second tier and expendable.   Cody clearly felt that, however he didn't communicate that (not sure he is capable...)  Why was Paul even a hanger-on member of the B&B alliance?  He should have been isolated and shunned.  And now that Paul is HoH, the B&B alliance is falling right in behind him.  Or so it seems.

Sorry.  I just really hate BB vets coming back.  And?  I really, really dislike Paul...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I was referring to why the Bros and Boobs alliance was so mad at Cody for trying to nominate Paul--like he was a sacred part of their alliance.  I never got the feel that either Paul or Christmas were solid members of the B&B alliance, they were second tier and expendable.   Cody clearly felt that, however he didn't communicate that (not sure he is capable...)  Why was Paul even a hanger-on member of the B&B alliance?  He should have been isolated and shunned.  And now that Paul is HoH, the B&B alliance is falling right in behind him.  Or so it seems.

Honestly, I think them being mad at Cody has more to do with Cody than Paul. I don't remember how Paul became part of the second wing of the alliance, but the fact is that he and Christmas were. And expendable or not, you don't go after people in your own alliance without telling the other members of your alliance. Maybe if Cody had actually talked to the other showmance couples, they might have all gotten behind the backdoor Paul thing, but he didn't, so Cody became the untrustworthy one and the showmance couples wanted to keep Christmas (who was on their side!) versus Jillian who was on the other side.

As other people have said, their interests and Paul's align right now so it makes sense to stick with him (plus, he is a threat to the other side more than they are). It's week 2 and Paul is safe until week 4 anyway. If I were them, I would be doing the exact same thing. Why make waves when there is no advantage to doing so?

• Love 4

Off topic, but the group in this forum knows things, man.    Did we ever find out the identity of the person Paul screwed when he took the Amulet of Protection?   And the resulting consequence? 

1 minute ago, Thalia said:

Off topic, but the group in this forum knows things, man.    Did we ever find out the identity of the person Paul screwed when he took the Amulet of Protection?   And the resulting consequence? 

Ramses.  Paul did not personally screw him.  It was a chance pick that Paul didn't even know at the time. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Why are Raven and Elena wearing sunglasses in the house this morning?  Are they trying to hide how they look without all their makeup on?

Exactly 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Ramses was cursed, because the bottle Paul randomly chose was #2, and Ramses was second in the Den for the curse portion of it. He has to nominate himself as a third nom within the next three evictions (this will be #2 that the curse is active for).

6 minutes ago, zorak said:

Why are Raven and Elena wearing sunglasses in the house this morning?  Are they trying to hide how they look without all their makeup on?

Anyone else miss the "no sunglasses on in the house" rule? When did that go out the window? BB16? 17?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1