Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm at a point where I'll have to go on a one week hiatus if one of Paul's Minions win HOH this week. A Raven HOH would be the absolute worst though. 

• Love 10
Just now, Ceeg said:

I'm at a point where I'll have to go on a one week hiatus if one of Paul's Minions win HOH this week. A Raven HOH would be the absolute worst though. 

I'm with you. I would not be able to take the obnoxiousness.

• Love 2

Oh, apparently they were told everyone should practice, even the HOH. This will have Paul even more convinced that Jessica's Hex isn't all she's saying it is. Thank you for feeding his delusion, Production!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

I'd hang around long enough to hear the letter from Raven's mom.

"Dear Honey Boo Boo Raven,
Things are good at home, although we're all getting sicker and your brother is gonna die soon. But the dog and the cat stopped fighting. I've been working hard scamming people out of their money. I think we might be able to upgrade to a double-wide soon buy you a new pacemaker when you get out. We love you soooo much! P.S. - Your doctor from Sweden that doesn't speak any English says hi."

Edited by Callaphera
added the postscript
  • Love 9

Christmas got it in on her first shot lol. But honestly the actual comp will probably have a lot more obstacles and just more ways for it to be a complete crapshoot that anyone can win. That being said, @Katesus7's prediction that Raven will win will probably be right lol.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

......... the actual comp will probably have a lot more obstacles and just more ways for it to be a complete crapshoot that anyone can win.

Hopefully  TPTB are watching the practicing and can see that they need to make it more difficult. 

I am positive the actual comp will be much different and more difficult. It always is.

I bet it's one where they have to hit it into holes with different points for each. But also, maybe it'll be similar to that golf one they did on BBOTT. Although I feel like that one took 500 hours.

Matt and Elena golf, so watch for them to do the worst tomorrow lol.

• Love 1

They are not doing themselves a favor but moving the baffles and aiming to get a basket on a straight shot. 

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am positive the actual comp will be much different and more difficult. It always is.

Of course and they know it.  They realize this is to get the feel of the ball. 

Paul has 9 chances to get a HOH that will do whatever he wants and Jess/Cody only have 2. It really sucks that this kind of comp happened to fall this week when there was a chance the momentum could shift. Oh well.

• Love 5

Is it too much to hope for that Jessica is the high scorer at the end and Cody is the last to go, so he gives it a barely there tap to the ball to throw it to her like Brendan did for Jordan in BB13?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, The Companion said:

Ah man, we all have such big plans before kids. You should have heard me talk about how I might get bored during maternity leave and how much I was going to get done. 

Fun fact: I was a much better parent before I had a kid.  ;)

Christmas!

• Love 8

What bothers me about Xmas is considering she admits it took her 12 years to get her act together, she has total lack of compassion and humility. She thinks she deserves jury because she wasted 12 years of her life as a drug addict. That's not the way it works, honey. You get off drugs and the reward is: your life. Your health. Your freedom. Because I know plenty of people (particularly minority youths) imprisoned for drug offenses probably way less severe than Xmas. I can;t believe she thinks she's entitled to a jury stipend.

I will say though that she and Josh seem to be the only ones who participated in the bullying episode to be slightly aware that they might have gone too far and they have both tried to have normal conversations with Jody. Raven, Alex and Paul are still delusional and Matt, Jason and Kevin still seem to think that since they weren't directly involved they shouldn;t feel bad.

• Love 10

Jessica is very pissed about something. I'm assuming the fact that it's a luck based comp, but I don't know.

ETA: Yea, that must be it, because Mark was just like, "Let's just get lucky," to her.

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

All I know is I will be a nervous wreck tomorrow while everyone shoots. Even though I am 100% sure it won't go my way, I'll still be a mess lol.

You and me both, sister! (Brother? I don't know your gender, please mentally add whichever is appropriate). :)

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Hitting the ball really hard and saying she's not good at 'dainty sports' is SO Alex lol.

Paul: Matt, you don't have to throw this, we're just practicing.
Matt: Don't throw it?

What?!  He said that???  

Of course Alex, we know.

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jessica is very pissed about something. I'm assuming the fact that it's a luck based comp, but I don't know.

ETA: Yea, that must be it, because Mark was just like, "Let's just get lucky," to her.

Yeah, she said she feels like she was going in to give it her all in HOH, and now it's a crapshoot. And that Paul had played one of the competitions before that was supposed to be a crapshoot (?).

Now they're on a we "deserve" jury trip also. 

• Love 1

Paul is telling them all the rules and what they should do. "It's gonna be way harder, and you're only going to have one shot. And the pressure..." Back to the antagonize Cody during the competition - but Paul doesn't want to be the only one.

Christmas: "[Jessica] was shaking. She was shaking more than [Raven], and you're shaking because of..."
Raven: "My disease."

2 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I like Jess but she's really insufferable of late.

I'm the opposite - I don't like Jess, but I can't stand Paul and Co. more. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

It could be that Kevin used his house as collateral for a loan to finance his dad's lawyers and was then unable to keep up with the mortgage and the other loan payment?  If his dad was using his house when dealing drugs then his house would have been seized by law enforcement.  Kevin also could have been indicted to put pressure on his dad to come clean about the drug business and then charges against Kevin dropped after his dad was found to be the main player.  But also, if Kevin was shown to have had knowledge of his dad's cocaine business and was getting some kind of money/payment then he could be linked to the cocaine stuff and his property taken also.  The civil/forfeiture laws are complicated.

You know for all the talk about Raven's imminent death, I've never actually seen her look weak or winded. She seems to have the most energy of everyone. Constantly scarfing down food, having sex with Matt, screaming and whining about her disease ... She's the healthiest sick person I've ever seen.

• Love 16

Back to planing how to handicap Jess and Cody during the competition. Paul says we have to do this together . I don't want to be the only one out there doing it. Paul plans to wake them up with plots and pans. Mental crack. They are readying their weapon, Josh. 

Downstairs, Jess and Cody say if they don't win, one week together and should be stress free. They know what is happening .

• Love 2

Paul cannot comprehend that a twist in the game could possibly not involve giving him an advantage somehow. "You gotta give to get!" Jessica couldn't have a Hex without something terrible happening to her - nevermind Paul's 3 weeks of safety! 

They keeps thinking of ways it could give him more and more power - "Maybe she'll become outgoing HOH by using the Hex, so you'll get to compete!"

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, mooses said:

Paul cannot comprehend that a twist in the game could possibly not involve giving him an advantage somehow. "You gotta give to get!" Jessica couldn't have a Hex without something terrible happening to her - nevermind Paul's 3 weeks of safety! 

They keeps thinking of ways it could give him more and more power - "Maybe she'll become outgoing HOH by using the Hex, so you'll get to compete!"

Wow.  They gave him the advantage to stay and there it ended.  He is on his own.   I have a hunch production is as sick of him as we are.  

• Love 3

Matt speaks truths in the HOH but no one wants to listen to his reasoning. He is saying of course she will use it for the one chance that they can be in jury together . Why wouldn't she us it. She knows she has no chance of winning the show so why sacrifice the hex.

Paul hates that someone else is so calmly logical.

In tonights episode, please note just how close Cody got to PAuls face. Not even.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Cody has said stuff about hating dog and imagining killing puppies before combat, the transphobic language, and disliking victim noises which sounds stupid and deranged. I think he's in a situation right now I sometimes experience in Real Housewives, where two are jerks but one acts like a bigger asshole for the moment, so it makes  them look better. As Marcellas said once it's "how do you choose between syphilis and gonerhea?" 

23 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Cody has, over the season, demonstrated himself to be a flawed individual who is,  in certain unattractive respects, likely a product of contained/limited experience. He can be casually ignorant, rude, and emotionally reactive when he feels he's been deceived. 

I've never seen him coordinate or participate in a concerted, organized campaign to harass others. Has he ever undertaken a prolonged effort to demean/denigrate some aspect of another HG's biography like the military service about which Christmas and Co are improvising their fan fiction?

For the most part, he actually has simply disengaged from conflict rather than escalating it in a premeditated, malicious fashion. 

To me, even as I disagree with many of his political/social views, there's absolutely no comparison between his behavior and that of Josh's cohort. 

I really cannot stand Paul and despise how stupid the rest of this group are for following him...I think they beat the BB16 crew of followers. At least Caleb's lies were laughable and we had actual eye candy to check out, plus the Zankie angst.

That being said, I cannot root for trashbox Cody and Baldica. They were trash and hateful from the start and them getting rudeness back doesn't bother me in the least. Cody has deliberately and willfully trashed trans people, and relied on his military service to keep him from getting called on it, Jessica has been very anti woman, especially toward Alex (lowkey racist "PaoPao" naming, "It makes me happy to see her getting fat/her gut"/etc) so they dont get a single bit of my sympathy. 

I haven't forgotten Numbnut cowboy's "faggot" bomb and reported "n-word" dropping either. Raven is a lying user, and Josh is an abusive mess.

This entire cast is garbage and one crew being trashier on a particular day doesn't make another group any more sympathetic. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

It's possible this practice comp is for the temptation competition. There would be no reason to include Paul in the practice rounds if it were an HOH competition practice. 

I think it was to keep the question in the air, does he or does he not play in HOH. 

On tonight's opener they showed Jessica lying once again about the hex. No, it doesn't keep her and Cody safe for a couple of weeks. That's a lie. If the show takes its rules seriously about lying about things like this then her hex should be made null and void tomorrow night.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TimWil said:

On tonight's opener they showed Jessica lying once again about the hex. No, it doesn't keep her and Cody safe for a couple of weeks. That's a lie. If the show takes its rules seriously about lying about things like this then her hex should be made null and void tomorrow night.

It's semantics. She didn't specifically say that the Hex itself is the thing that would keep them safe for a couple of weeks.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TimWil said:

They did not fully flush out the rules so they can't spring that on her.   This is a lesson for the future to be very clear.   

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

It's semantics. She didn't specifically say that the Hex itself is the thing that would keep them safe for a couple of weeks.

No, it isn't semantics. The hex keeps her and Cody safe for ONE week, not "a couple." 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TimWil said:

No, it isn't semantics. The hex keeps her and Cody safe for ONE week, not "a couple." 

That is correct, but you didn't hear her say "the Hex keeps us safe for a couple of weeks."

• Love 1

I think I'm done for the season. These people aren't worth my time. Thank you for everyone who has been watching the feeds and keeping us updated. I hope it becomes more enjoyable than it has been up till now.  I May be checking in here.periodically rather than go cold turkey, but I've had just about as much of this as I can take. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I really cannot stand Paul and despise how stupid the rest of this group are for following him...I think they beat the BB16 crew of followers. At least Caleb's lies were laughable and we had actual eye candy to check out, plus the Zankie angst.

That being said, I cannot root for trashbox Cody and Baldica. They were trash and hateful from the start and them getting rudeness back doesn't bother me in the least. Cody has deliberately and willfully trashed trans people, and relied on his military service to keep him from getting called on it, Jessica has been very anti woman, especially toward Alex (lowkey racist "PaoPao" naming, "It makes me happy to see her getting fat/her gut"/etc) so they dont get a single bit of my sympathy. 

I haven't forgotten Numbnut cowboy's "faggot" bomb and reported "n-word" dropping either. Raven is a lying user, and Josh is an abusive mess.

This entire cast is garbage and one crew being trashier on a particular day doesn't make another group any more sympathetic. 

I think this is false equivalence. 

"I think you're ignorant or I'll-informed"/"I disagree with your ideological views" is not commensurate with a deliberate, premeditated, coordinated, and prolonged attack intended to humiliate, distort, and abuse with the express objective of inciting physical violence. Nor is it analogous to to Kafkaesque inversions of reality and effective fabrications about sexual violence, military service fraud, etc.

ETA: Even gruffness like Cody's blunt "I'm nominating you because I don't like you" is not comparable to what Paul and Co did/are doing. That statement makes Cody impolite and rude. It didn't constitite some sustained strategy to harass Megan into a psychoemotional break.

I'm not going to pen a sociological manifesto about how recently enlightenment regarding transgenderism became mainstream and even just a few years ago other sexual minorities popularized catchphrases like "hot tranny mess." Cody's views on that issue are unfortunate and unempathetic. And I think Jess has been a catty, crude asshole at times. 

The premise that flashes of offensiveness mostly contained within commentary to each other is somehow morally just as bad as verbal abuse directed at specific targets with, again, the explicitly stated goal of creating physical harm is just sophistry IMO. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 17