Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Wishful Invitation

• Start Topic

That scene smacked of a planned attack by Beth and Carole.  I can hear them rehearsing how it was going to go down before the cameras rolled.  Had it been against Ramona, that would be one thing.  But it was against the father of a 6 year old.  A 6 year old who probably loves her daddy.  Thanks a lot, mommy and Auntie Carole, ya witches. 

I can't imagine a world that it would be okay for my friend to rake my kids' dad over the coals like that. No matter what kind of ass he was.  Maybe in private, with me. to show solidarity.  But a friend doing that at a party or on TV?  When Beth allows/plans things like that to happen, I wonder what other evil she's capable of, at Bryn's expense.  She learned well from her time in the wolf's den. 

Those two bitches, eating their crackers together...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Or maybe she is just a good friend who doesn't like the way her friend is being treated and is unafraid to take the heat of calling it out. 

She wouldn't remain my good friend very long if she was doing something potentially hurtful to my six year old child, even under the guise of being supportive to me.  This is why I believe it was set up/sanctioned by Bethenney.  I will never believe that Carole would dare broach a subject that Bethenney did not approve of.

• Love 4

I think the discussion between Carole and Bethenney is about as hurtful to Bryn as Bethenney's movie from years ago. Which is to say, not much.

Then again, I'm not really sure what it is exactly about the conversation that requires us to page Helen Lovejoy, but mileage varies.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The good news is that kids do survive this stuff, especially when they are young. No matter how horrible they are to each other and the poor decisions they make, it looks like they both love Brynn, so in that she is lucky. 

I get that.  And that the kids will likely come out okay, no matter how horrible the parents are.  But my point is really about Carole and why she felt it necessary to do Beth's bidding.  It just felt so planned and rehearsed.  She could've easily said, "Is your ex still up to no good?"  but noooo, she had to specify and ask if there was still a "barrage of emails and nasty texts".  Just to let the viewers know that there's been a barrage of emails and nasty texts.  Bless her heart. 

I respect that it doesn't bug ya, MCM - Jason has got bad press all on his own merit and possibly deserves a thrashing.  But Carole going out of her way to further that, just makes her look bad.  But I think she's an awful person to begin with, so there's that. :-)

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Bless her heart. 

I from the south. Yes, just Bless her heart lol. 

P.S. I'll never forget the summer (think I was 6...7?) that my Mom said it was summer and time to play outside. She then proceeded to throw away all my Barbies and their clothes (inc ones that I had painstakingly made from scraps of cloth). Poof. Gone. I was so sad I never wanted another one lest it be taken away from me again. So yes, Brynn should have had a wee say in what was tossed and what was kept. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added P.S.
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Normades said:

I will never believe that Carole would dare broach a subject that Bethenney did not approve of.

Right?  She wanted Heather dead for asking a simple question about the custody agreement. 

• Love 5

It could easily have been planned, or it could be the way they just talk when they are together

Yeah, heaven forbid of 2 friends sit down and actually talk about stuff that is happening in each other's lives.

She wanted Heather dead for asking a simple question about the custody agreement. 

Maybe she prefers discussing it with Carole as opposed to with Heather?

• Love 4

Carole is a dummy.

Literally.

Bethenny has her hand shoved up her butt and she doesn't even have to move her lips to trash her ex without any fingerprints.

Let's see how the court case goes before we take Bethenny's word for it. She is a noted purveyor of alternative facts. Just sayn'

• Love 2
Just now, BBHN said:

Yeah, heaven forbid of 2 friends sit down and actually talk about stuff that is happening in each other's lives.

That's like a friend knowing about your marriage crisis. It happens. You talk.  She knows the details because you've had many private conversations about it.  In private. With nobody else present, nor cameras.  But when the cameras are rolling or someone else is in the room and she specifically says, "Are you still having trouble in the bedroom?  Do you think that's why he didn't come home on the night of Tuesday, December 14th?"  Unless you approved of her sharing the specifics, would the way she worded it sound suspect to you?

Carole being so specific was obvious.  Which is fine - I think we all agree that was her intention. And that Bethenny approved. What we don't agree on is that she was being a bitch by doing it that way. 

• Love 3

Actually, we also don't agree that the 2 of them pre-planned and conspired to have the conversation in front of the cameras as some sort of attack or whatever.

We also don't agree that Carole is some sort of puppet of Bethenney's.

That's in addition to us not agreeing that Carole was being a bitch about it either.

Mileage does vary indeed lol

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Actually, we also don't agree that the 2 of them pre-planned and conspired to have the conversation in front of the cameras as some sort of attack or whatever.

We also don't agree that Carole is some sort of puppet of Bethenney's.

That's in addition to us not agreeing that Carole was being a bitch about it either.

Mileage does vary indeed lol

I'm not sure if you're responding to me.  I didn't say we agreed on any of the above.  The only thing I said we agree on was that Carole was being obvious in her specificity.  I suppose she could have been more specific in calling out the barrage of emails and nasty texts...

• Love 3
(edited)

I know, I was just reiterating what we didn't agree on, and some other things too.

I'm also not sure I can say we agree on "that Carole was being obvious in her specificity", since I am not exactly sure what context you are referring to. They were having a conversation, it went it that direction and to that subject. I don't see anything specific or suspicious is what she said or how she said it.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4

Carole was obviously told what she could mention and what she could not mention. She obviously put it in the best possible light for her master. 

It is quite impressive that sounds come out of her mouth and Bethenny's lips don't move. Very impressive.

• Love 3
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Carole was obviously told what she could mention and what she could not mention. She obviously put it in the best possible light for her master. 

It is quite impressive that sounds come out of her mouth and Bethenny's lips don't move. Very impressive.

But why assume that Carole is Beth's puppet, or master? To do so assumes that Carole is being put up to do things that she doesn't agree with doing. Looked to me like a couple of girlfriends having a conversation about something that is going on the life of one of the participants. You know, like the kind of thing that happens on a reality TV show. It just so happens that what one of them has going on totally and completely sucks. I believe that had there been no mention of the emails and what came next on this show, that Beth would once again be accused of trying to hide her personal life. A personal life that was very much in the media about this very topic during filming. This is what is going on in her personal life. If Jason doesn't like it being discussed, perhaps he should behave differently when dealing with someone who makes a lot of money to live her life on TV. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I didn't even think the conversation was all that bad, honestly, especially compared to the things I've heard people say to and with their friends about their exes right in front of their kids. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Why do I think it is a put up job? Because of Carole's character as she has been displayed through out her tenure on the Real Housewives. First she was an appendage of Heather. They were joined at the hip.  You cut one  and the other bled. Once Heather was discarded like Sonja after closing time she moseyed over to Bethenny who is a much harsher mistress. At least Heather had a modicum of humanity. Bethenny not so much.

Much has been written about Bethenny and her marriage. There are other threads where we could discuss it. You just know that if you have to discuss her ex with her or on the show it is on her terms. Contract terms. Carole would not violate them if she know what is good for her.

At least we can all agree that Bethenny is a hands on mother. You can't take that away from her. Cut from the same cloth as many other famous Moms. Grendal. Medea (not the one from Real Housewives of Atlanta, the Greek one). Ma Barker. Joan Crawford. Her parenting skills are on display for all to see. 

That is the problem.

The poor kid. She better hope Beowulf shows up before the Reunion. Just sayn'

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

That's like a friend knowing about your marriage crisis. It happens. You talk.  She knows the details because you've had many private conversations about it.  In private. With nobody else present, nor cameras.  But when the cameras are rolling or someone else is in the room and she specifically says, "Are you still having trouble in the bedroom?  Do you think that's why he didn't come home on the night of Tuesday, December 14th?"  Unless you approved of her sharing the specifics, would the way she worded it sound suspect to you?

Carole being so specific was obvious.  Which is fine - I think we all agree that was her intention. And that Bethenny approved. What we don't agree on is that she was being a bitch by doing it that way. 

But don't you think it would be strange, considering they are close friends off and on camera, and considering what was going on, for Carole to not ask about it? I would think it was the central thing that Beth was going through at the time. And Carole didn't talk about anything confidential, or bring anything out in the open that wasn't already out there. She didn't go into details about what the emails said, just mentioned what was already widely reported in the press. 

I guess that is why I have a hard time feeing any sympathy for Jason, or thinking that any discussion of what he did should be kept off the show. They were filming when he was engaging in this behavior. And emails? That he was sending not only to her but to her boyfriend and co-workers. What kind of a dumb ass is this guy? Could he possibly believe that if it was all over the news that it wouldn't come up on the show, complete with opinions and possibly analysis? He participated in a reality TV show with this gal and she took a pee in a bucket on national TV in her wedding dress. She tends to put it all out there, which he should have known. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Why do I think it is a put up job? Because of Carole's character as she has been displayed through out her tenure on the Real Housewives. First she was an appendage of Heather. They were joined at the hip.  You cut one  and the other bled. Once Heather was discarded like Sonja after closing time she moseyed over to Bethenny who is a much harsher mistress. At least Heather had a modicum of humanity. Bethenny not so much.

Not saying you are wrong, because a lot of people see Carole this way, but I've just never gotten it. She liked Ramona S1 even though Heather didn't. She didn't like Lu S1 even though Heather loved her. She invited Dorinda to London even though she had gone all Batman on Heather's ass. She said she didn't like the behavior, but she did like Dorinda. She didn't let the fact that Heather felt differently influence her. Some people act like she just jumped right over to Beth because Heather was gone. It didn't happen that way. They started becoming friends the same season Heather was on. They met for dinner and Carole confessed to the wet dream she had had about Beth the week after Beth treated Heather horribly at the lunch (about the fact that Beth didn't invite Kristen to her birthday party). Carole felt warmly towards Beth even though Heather did not almost right from the beginning. She goes to the parties she wants, and invites who she wants, regardless of what her BFF thinks. She invited Sonja to the dog wedding last season, even though Beth wasn't filming with her (Beth didn't end up coming, but Carole was inviting Sonja anyway and explained that she felt like she couldn't exclude her and had no reason to, regardless of what Sonja and Beth were going through). She went to Lu's engagement lunch last season, even though Beth didn't want to go. She has attended a couple of things this season even though Beth didn't want to attend. On one occasion even having Beth pick her up later. 

She seems to have a mind of her own, and does whatever she wants. But she is a very loyal friend. She will defend her friend every time, something we see very rarely on these shows. Maybe that is why some think she just latches on to people. Because she remains loyal in a venue where it happens very rarely. 

• Love 6

I see your point but I would view through a different prism. As a failed author she needs the scratch. So she will film with anyone. She will fight with anyone to have a story line. She will wear a bear suit, put on pigtails and overalls and rob the cradle to be on the show. She has all the dignity of a cow on roller skates and the personality of a sloth on heroin. Occasionally her true personality flashes. When she laughed at Aviva because she never worked outside the home. When she grabbed Aviva by the face on the stair well. When she went after Luann because she wouldn't use the politically correct term Native American. When she joined in with Heather in the wailing because Luann's trick was walking around with his Anthony Weiner exposed. Where was the sexually free Sex in the City Girl riding on the handlebars then? Or is that persona all bullshit. Like pretty much everything she does.

Say what you will about Bethenny. She ain't a phony. She is what she is until Dorothy's house falls on her. 

Carole is a Canal Street Louie Boutan fake from the jump.

• Love 4

Been meaning to say this for awhile, Carole is done with that dull dud not the other way around. I am her age, she wants him and his dumb guitar OUT of her space! I don't even like her, but feel her body language that's HER apt and the way she said it, speaks miles! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

I get that.  And that the kids will likely come out okay, no matter how horrible the parents are.  But my point is really about Carole and why she felt it necessary to do Beth's bidding.  It just felt so planned and rehearsed.  She could've easily said, "Is your ex still up to no good?"  but noooo, she had to specify and ask if there was still a "barrage of emails and nasty texts".  Just to let the viewers know that there's been a barrage of emails and nasty texts.  Bless her heart. 

I respect that it doesn't bug ya, MCM - Jason has got bad press all on his own merit and possibly deserves a thrashing.  But Carole going out of her way to further that, just makes her look bad.  But I think she's an awful person to begin with, so there's that. :-)

Good grief!  They are just two friends talking.  Did you forget they also discussed Carol's current situation with her dude? . I also don't understand this point about specifics.  What is so specific about saying a "barrage of emails and texts".  Heck, I wish she had exposed what those texts said.  That would be the real dirt!  

In any case, by the time Bryn is old enough to be aware of this stuff, it will be ancient history and as long as both parents don't trash each other to her, she'll be fine.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I would say there's no housewife more savvy about what to say and not say on Camera/creating narratives than Bethany.   Especially on a topic that affects her bottom line and involves litigation.  I am actually surprised people think Bethenny would casually discuss something like this at this stage of the game.  She has a restraining order and custody agreement and anything on the show can be cited in court. Either way there's nothing unique about this, from what I understand housewives usually know what the main topic of discussion is when they have these scenes this is just noteworthy because it's so obvious (and juicy content).

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 2

Look, ya'll can't have it both ways.  When Beth is closed mouth about her personal life the complaint is that she's excluding herself from the premise of a reality show.  When she or someone else gets into it, the complaint is that the details are so specific as to be a contrived prerehearsed set up where she has controlled the narrative.    Pick a lane.   

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Look, ya'll can't have it both ways.  When Beth is closed mouth about her personal life the complaint is that she's excluding herself from the premise of a reality show.  When she or someone else gets into it, the complaint is that the details are so specific as to be a contrived prerehearsed set up where she has controlled the narrative.    Pick a lane.   

PREACH!

• Love 7

tenor.gif

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I see your point but I would view through a different prism. As a failed author she needs the scratch. So she will film with anyone. She will fight with anyone to have a story line. She will wear a bear suit, put on pigtails and overalls and rob the cradle to be on the show. She has all the dignity of a cow on roller skates and the personality of a sloth on heroin. Occasionally her true personality flashes. When she laughed at Aviva because she never worked outside the home. When she grabbed Aviva by the face on the stair well. When she went after Luann because she wouldn't use the politically correct term Native American. When she joined in with Heather in the wailing because Luann's trick was walking around with his Anthony Weiner exposed. Where was the sexually free Sex in the City Girl riding on the handlebars then? Or is that persona all bullshit. Like pretty much everything she does.

Say what you will about Bethenny. She ain't a phony. She is what she is until Dorothy's house falls on her. 

Carole is a Canal Street Louie Boutan fake from the jump.

Love it all but the bolded???

OH MY is that glorious...

LOL!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

There ya are, Zalda - dipping in with your common sense.  Where ya been?  I never complain when Beth is being closed mouth about stuff.  I prefer her that way - with her mouth closed.   Impossible to pick a lane with these ladies.  Because they can't either.

When she wants to get something out there, as long as it's someone she likes (Carole) as opposed to someone she doesn't (Heather) it's obvious to me, that she'll use them as mouthpieces without getting her fingers dirty.  She also did it to Alex when she convinced her to "send a message" to Jill. 

It's all good - keeping her mouth closed, flapping her gums, or getting someone else to do it for her to avoid ruining her manicure or prosecution.  I love it all.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, ryebread said:

There ya are, Zalda - dipping in with your common sense.  Where ya been?  I never complain when Beth is being closed mouth about stuff.  I prefer her that way - with her mouth closed.   Impossible to pick a lane with these ladies.  Because they can't either.

When she wants to get something out there, as long as it's someone she likes (Carole) as opposed to someone she doesn't (Heather) it's obvious to me, that she'll use them as mouthpieces without getting her fingers dirty.  She also did it to Alex when she convinced her to "send a message" to Jill. 

It's all good - keeping her mouth closed, flapping her gums, or getting someone else to do it for her to avoid ruining her manicure or prosecution.  I love it all.

Girl they want me to work, at work.  Smh, the nerve.

I get it, if you don't rock with her, she grates.  The reason I can relate is because of your description.  It's exactly how relationships look in real life.  My friend?  can say xyz with, for, about, to, around me.  Let a bish I don't like say the same thing lol, it is a problem because I know her motivation/place of concern is disingenuous.    Wanna know something even more messed up?  I'm not mad if she did use Carole to carry that bone, sometimes you've got meet petty at its level. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Girl they want me to work, at work.  Smh, the nerve.

I get it, if you don't rock with her, she grates.  The reason I can relate is because of your description.  It's exactly how relationships look in real life.  My friend?  can say xyz with, for, about, to, around me.  Let a bish I don't like say the same thing lol, it is a problem because I know her motivation/place of concern is disingenuous.    Wanna know something even more messed up?  I'm not mad if she did use Carole to carry that bone, sometimes you've got meet petty at its level. 

Your post made me have a profound thought. LOL. 

Maybe, for me, it's not so much as who Beth likes and doesn't like  - as it is Beth using people she feels she can manipulate to do her dirty work (Carole and Alex) as opposed to those she can't (Heather). 

Alex and Carole tried to portray themselves as above the fray, confident women.  But when they 'deliver the B's message' to Jill or the viewers the way they do, it makes me think less of them.  Can't these smart women be less obvious and more stealth in their snark?  I prefer elegant 3d chess over the ratchet checkers these ladies are dishing out lately.  This:

StarTrekChess.jpg   Not this: 27579992-two-cute-little-girls-playing-i

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't see Bethenney as being some grand puppet master either. In either Alex or Carole's case. Heck Alex was volunteering and salivating at the mouth to deliver Bethenney's message to Jill and would have probably drop-kicked whoever Bethenney chose out of the way to deliver the message herself. Especially since Alex probably hated Jill at that point more than Bethernney did. In Carole's case, I don't think she needs Bethenney to tell her what to say, Carole seems more than willing to speak her own mind on whatever issue she feels like.

• Love 4

DIstracting the cat with something he likes works, but that's a slippery slope because it reinforces control.... the cat ends up thinking, scratch the couch, owner will play with me...  ignoring the negative and rewarding the positive is the way to go.  Far easier said than done.   For some reason, my cat didn't destroy my furniture, but once in awhile, she will attack the curtains.  I then play with her out of fear.  I have a bengal that thinks I am a weaker cat and stalks me and beats me up regularly.  She jumps on my back and almost took out one of my eyes.  I love that she is dangerous for some reason, so I don't mind.   I know my station.    We all have our dysfunctions..... oh, and I recently purchased an Eek the Cat toy on ebay from a hardees' kids meal from the 80s.  Something about nostalgia...  also, I remember returning from college and being pissed at my mom (for a minute) for throwing away my sticker book that took me years to cultivate in a giant photo binder.  Wouldn't have cared if they threw away my letter jacket though.   Parents don't always know what's important.  Too often, they decide what they think is important and it's way off base.  No hang ups for me though- I had a great childhood.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 9:12 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

This argument doesn't really work because asking Carole to say these things isnt Bethenny sharing her life, it's essentially a public relations move.  It wasn't contrived because the details were specific but rather bc the topic is seemingly off-limits for organic discussion,  rightfully so imo. 

I haven't complained about her hiding her life but I would imagine those that have are referring to her keeping boyfriends off screen (/pretending to be single season 7) while going hard on the other women's relationships. Makes sense.

For me, pointing the carole scene out isn't a knock to Bethenny so much as these housewife chess moves are the most interesting to discuss. *Kanye shrug*

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Assuming you buy the theory that Bethenny asked/forced Carole to say those things to begin with...,

Yeah I was treating that assumption as a given since the argument was contrived vs not sharing enough. Sorry, inner logic nerd is popping out lol..

• Love 2
(edited)

No need to apologize, your post wasn't that complicated or hard to figure out loool

I was just stating in response that I didn't see the conversation as contrived or planned, to me it just seemed like a natural conversation between 2 friends. To each their own.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

This argument doesn't really work because asking Carole to say these things isnt Bethenny sharing her life, it's essentially a public relations move.  It wasn't contrived because the details were specific but rather bc the topic is seemingly off-limits for organic discussion,  rightfully so imo. 

I haven't complained about her hiding her life but I would imagine those that have are referring to her keeping boyfriends off screen (/pretending to be single season 7) while going hard on the other women's relationships. Makes sense.

For me, pointing the carole scene out isn't a knock to Bethenny so much as these housewife chess moves are the most interesting to discuss. *Kanye shrug*

I would have loved for Carole to ask more questions about Dennis. For instance when is his divorce going to happen? Why is there not much conversation about Dennis? Last season I seem to remember Bethenny saying something about him wanting to marry her? (or maybe I am remembering wrong?) At least it seemed to be a serious thing.

I realize that they are not together now, but when they were filming this season they were a couple.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

She may have, but production may have chosen to not to air that conversation.

A big part of me thinks that Bethenny & Dennis are still together they are just publicly supposedly not together. This has a lot to do with the legal issues she is having with the ex.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I would have loved for Carole to ask more questions about Dennis. For instance when is his divorce going to happen? Why is there not much conversation about Dennis? Last season I seem to remember Bethenny saying something about him wanting to marry her? (or maybe I am remembering wrong?) At least it seemed to be a serious thing.

I realize that they are not together now, but when they were filming this season they were a couple.

Maybe there was no new news there. Maybe Carole was well aware of how things stood between Beth and Dennis. It sounds like the Jason email/text/FaceTime messages nightmare was a quickly evolving thing. With Jason sending stuff to Beth, to Dennis, to her Assistants, and even to Bravo, with the threat of legal action (at least from Dennis). They were right in the middle of all of this shit when they filmed that scene, so it makes sense, if your friend is going through that, that you might inquire as to what is happening. 

I just go back to what folks would be saying if it was all just ignored. It was being widely reported in the press at the time. If she had ignored it and acted like her life was just peachy, there would have been wide criticism for that, IMO. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe there was no new news there. Maybe Carole was well aware of how things stood between Beth and Dennis. It sounds like the Jason email/text/FaceTime messages nightmare was a quickly evolving thing. With Jason sending stuff to Beth, to Dennis, to her Assistants, and even to Bravo, with the threat of legal action (at least from Dennis). They were right in the middle of all of this shit when they filmed that scene, so it makes sense, if your friend is going through that, that you might inquire as to what is happening. 

I just go back to what folks would be saying if it was all just ignored. It was being widely reported in the press at the time. If she had ignored it and acted like her life was just peachy, there would have been wide criticism for that, IMO. 

Of course but would a close friend bring it up for the first time on camera   and risk saying something that will hurt B in court? Especially a close friend of Bethenny would know how sensitive she is to her business hitting the media "news cycle" as we saw with Kristen for example. She was really angry that a pretty innocuous comment hit the blogs for a couple days.  With this the stakes are much higher. She also knows there will be criticism if it's completely ignored so having a friend you trust as a castmate is a big advantage. I mean the BH cast since season 2 has spilled on Vanderpump  being ahead of the curve on how to craft favorable soundbites. Her and Kyle serve eachother alleyoops all the time.   I don't know why this is even a reach they're supposed to be doing this to an extent. It's a commercial to sell your image/wares at the end of the day, not a docu.

• Love 2

Yup.

Yup again.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2017 at 7:47 AM, Inspectabecky said:

Yeah I was treating that assumption as a given since the argument was contrived vs not sharing enough. Sorry, inner logic nerd is popping out lol..

The argument was sharing vs not sharing, regardless of the source. 

I can't be sure, but I think you're right in that it related to how much she revealed about Dennis.  Ya'll will have to fill in the blanks wrt her lie about him.  I remember an episode where she was sick in bed and Ramona came to visit and they got to talking about stuff and she said she was seeing somebody and maybe this relationship would make her reconsider something she'd absolutely ruled out as a result of going through a divorce.   So I don't know (but can't really remember) that she lied about Dennis as much as she didn't name him.  

But it's Bethenny so I'm sure somebody has the Zapruder tapes.  I've got my latte, let's get to it.  Lol.

• Love 3

I've not always liked LuAnn but I will say this, she is a hell of a lot more forgiving that I could be. OK, she's on a TV show and has to make nice with Ramona and Bethenny for her bread and butter. But DAMN...Ramona told her "people are taking bets" and then LuAnn nicely tried to help her strategize on how to talk to Bethenny. I would've just cut her off for the rest of the evening and ignored her. And then there's Bethenny's slut-shaming in the Berkshires. LuAnn seems pretty unfazed by all this and I wish I had her thick skin. These women all make their catty digs but the way Ramona and Bethenny have treated LuAnn has been especially nasty.

It was nice to see Hannah as something other than a spoiled, snarky kid. She showed love and compassion for her family and what she said about Richard made me realize why it must be especially hard to see her mother with John. Richard seems like he was a wonderful, classy guy; maybe Hannah thinks her mom settled out of loneliness for someone she doesn't even seem to enjoy being around a lot of the time.

Even though it doesn't add drama, I've enjoyed seeing Carole's mom and Dorinda's parents in the last couple of episodes.

• Love 3

These women all make their catty digs but the way Ramona and Bethenny have treated LuAnn has been especially nasty.

That's because Ramona and Beth are especially nasty women.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I've not always liked LuAnn but I will say this, she is a hell of a lot more forgiving that I could be. OK, she's on a TV show and has to make nice with Ramona and Bethenny for her bread and butter. But DAMN...Ramona told her "people are taking bets" and then LuAnn nicely tried to help her strategize on how to talk to Bethenny. I would've just cut her off for the rest of the evening and ignored her. And then there's Bethenny's slut-shaming in the Berkshires. LuAnn seems pretty unfazed by all this and I wish I had her thick skin. These women all make their catty digs but the way Ramona and Bethenny have treated LuAnn has been especially nasty.

It was nice to see Hannah as something other than a spoiled, snarky kid. She showed love and compassion for her family and what she said about Richard made me realize why it must be especially hard to see her mother with John. Richard seems like he was a wonderful, classy guy; maybe Hannah thinks her mom settled out of loneliness for someone she doesn't even seem to enjoy being around a lot of the time.

Even though it doesn't add drama, I've enjoyed seeing Carole's mom and Dorinda's parents in the last couple of episodes.

I agree that Lu is very good at moving on. I don't think she takes much of this stuff too seriously. She has been though a lot in the public eye - and has suffered some extreme humiliation. I also think that the fact that she carries a unique title - a HW who was demoted to "friend of" and was able to come back as a full-time gal helps her set her priorities. She wants to be on the show. Really, really wants to be on the show. If she didn't she would never have come back and put her future marriage on display after what happened last season. But she knows - she gets it - she needs to film with people to stay relevant. And truly being mad to the point where you don't want to be around people will limit your camera time in most instances. Heather had interviewed during the season Lu was demoted that Lu was devasted at the news. Heather said that she promised that she would try to get Lu in as many of her scenes as she possibly could so that she could get camera time, and she encouraged the other gals to do the same. It worked, and she got included in everything and had a great season. 

I think that Beth has said a lot of things that have a ring of truth, but nothing was as good as what she said about Lu last season after the "you're a whore rant".  She told Carole that Lu would just want to move on, which was strange to her, because Beth said that she would never talk to a person again that had said those things to her. Lu will because the show must go on, and she must be on the show. 

• Love 3