Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Honeymoons Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
16 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I know she has said it but I don't think she is an introvert either. I actually find the labeling of them all introvert or extrovert or whatever else a bit much at times. If you are on a tv show letting cameras follow you around and willing to talk about having sex or orgasms you are not introverted at all. Now with that though it doesn't mean someone doesn't just want a few minutes of quiet. She had explained that the 2 weeks and that time was a lot on her. It would be on anyone. She finds out she has to get married, find a dress, marries the stranger, dealt with a little family drama, whisked off to the honeymoon now and decided to do the deed with him with no happy ending for her. I think anyone would need some time to breath for a little bit. Just relax and take it all in though. I don't know if she assumed he would just magically make things happen for her in the bed or not but it could be part of it as well. Trying to figure out what to say to him on it and if she isn't thinking of that she should be. 

She doesn't come off as a very happy person. Like I said right now I am not liking her much either. I wonder why they picked these 2. There had to have been 2 others that would be more enjoyable to watch. 

I think it's a, common misconception that introverted means shy. All introverts are not shy. It just means you get overestimated by noise and too much commotion easily. Sort of like a cat that bites you when you pet it too much lol. Sheila explained it as how kids have so much energy and bounce around making noise and talking constantly and that it annoyed her and wore her down. Introverts have their energy drained by lots of social interaction. Doesn't mean she isn't comfortable being  on TV or talking about sex. She probably wouldn't enjoy a high energy game show environment but this show is pretty one on one and more laid back. Sheila does seem like an unhappy person though. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I think it's a, common misconception that introverted means shy. All introverts are not shy. It just means you get overestimated by noise and two much commotion easily. Sort of like a cat that bites you when you pet it too much lol. Sheila explained it as how kids have so much energy and bounce around making noise and talking constantly and that it annoyed her and wore her down. Introverts have their energy drained by by lots of social interaction. Doesn't mean she isn't comfortable being good on TV or talking about sex. She probably wouldn't enjoy a high energy game show environment but this show is pretty one on one and more laid back. Sheila does seem like an unhappy person though. 

Very true.

• Love 3

To think I was concerned about Cody never having lived with a girl, now it turns out he's never been in love either. Great. What happened to this show matching people "who've tried everything to find love" and failed? I mean obviously most of them haven't tried everything, but Cody seems like he hasn't tried anything. He just decided now's the time to get serious and marrying a stranger is the way to go about it. I feel for Danielle. Cody just sounds like one of those first year students who suddenly think they're experts because they've learned some theory (observed grandparents), while Danielle is a graduate who's been working in the field for 5 years (had serious long-term relationships). How can she take him seriously? I also find it odd how he went from talking about wedding night sex and trying to climb on top of her with cameras in the room to acting like an awkward virgin. I can only assume she turned down his advances after the wedding and now he's too scared to try again. Or being in the company of an adult woman while sober is killing his libido, I don't know. There's just a lot of awkwardness there right now and if it goes on much longer, I'm afraid it's gonna be hard to overcome.

I don't know what to think of Sheila and Nate to be honest. I'm a low-energy introvert and being stuck with a hyper extrovert would be my worst nightmare, but I don't think Nate did anything that bad aside from the jet skiing. Maybe he did and it wasn't shown, but it's kind of hard to comment on what I haven't seen and I'm not gonna make up imaginary scenarios. That said, I found Sheila straight up rude at times. I can understand being exhausted and moody after all they've been through, but I didn't like how she was insinuating Nate should be able to read her mind after a few days and kind of blamed her own moodiness on him. Most people would try to cheer up a person who's acting quiet and annoyed, it doesn't mean they're tone deaf or unwilling to let said person be themselves. She can't expect him to know her enough at this point to know when to step back and when to be concerned, let alone how to get her out of her apparent mood. I also don't think being tired gives you permission to act plain rude, like give someone silent treatment and looks that could kill. I thought Nate handled it all surprisingly well. I would also understand Sheila more if she'd just been in a mood once and got over it, but it seems like a recurring thing. She was moody and pissed off after the jet ski, they talked about amongst themselves and then with Rachel and she seemed fine. Then she was even worse during the dinner, it's like he'd killed her puppy in the meantime or something, but he managed to draw her out of her shell and all seemed well again. In the next episode she's crying and blows up. That kind of emotional rollercoaster is far more exhausting to me than anyone's hyperness.

Ashley and Anthony are adorable together! She's definitely neurotic, but he seems to able to handle it and hopefully will manage to loosen her up a bit. I love that they have such effortless chemistry and neither of them bug me at this point. That's what I hope to see on this show!

• Love 8

During the scene with Nate & him mom at the brunch, when they showed Sheila at the table looking uncomfortable, presumably while Nate was trying to calm his mom down, I noticed Nate was actually behind Sheila at a bar or something. They cut his head but it looks just like him- clothing color & arm tat.

Just an observation.

(edited)

As a retired couples counselor, I want to scream at the experts.  I have to remind myself that it is early still and maybe they have not even seen as much as we have.    

Sheila stone walls.  That is a stumbling block that can worked through with the proper tools.  I will reserve judgement on the "experts" until later since this is only the honeymoon.   She failed to tell him that she didn't want to go fast on the jet ski.  No one is a mind reader.  Speak up.  That has zero to do with introvert behavior.  It is arrogance and that can be addressed.  

Shelia said she has not had an orgasm, she did not qualify that by adding 'with a man.'  This is a problem.  If she is waiting for him to do the 'magical thing," which does not exist, she is in trouble.  She has to be able to guide him.  Since it appears she has not done this alone by herself, Matt is doomed to fail in this arena. 

Ashley and Anthony are adorable.  He already understands her nature and is working with it.  It appears he likes his role in calming her.  That is not an uncommon dynamic.  

Cody honey, a woman wants male energy toward her!  This is not going to work out for them even when they finally have sex.  She wants a take charge man and he isn't.  It will show up in other places as well.  She doesn't want to be the aggressor, she wants him to be so turned onto her that he can barely hold himself back!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

The preview at the end was for another show MAFS Again.  Something like that.  Re matching a well loved couple.  It didn't show up on my DVR search so probably too far in the future.  Anyone know when this will air?  

Sheila, this is the husband you get when you stress religion and family and not your low energy (even keel describes temperament, not energy level...but whatever.. )personality or as usual the producers choose to ignore what will make you two incompatible if this blows up in your face.

To be fair, to get chosen for M@FS you have to be like a Pomeranian at the interviews, yappy, happy, and animated.

Sheila would have been better matched with someone nearer 40 years old, someone who has the years of wisdom of a seasoned king, not a boy prince like twenty something Nate if I may continue the "queen" theme.

To put myself in Nate's shoes...I'd be thinking...free vacation with all these cool water sports at my fingertips and I have to sit listening to this fuddy duddy, stick in the mud wife burning my daylight hours when I could be paragliding, ziplining, hiking, paddleboarding, kayaking....all these things we could be doing together as we get to know each other and talking about these same issues.

But the queen is exhausted by breakfast.... and her inactivity is zapping my super powers...

If Danielle had a thermal camera on her she'd be burning white hot below the Mason Dixon line... if you get my drift.

Am surprised Cody can't feel the energy radiating from her lady parts, kinda like a Tesla coil buzzing and popping...

Throw the lady a bone...or boner..time to summons Friday Night Cody...

• Love 10

I agree that Nate and Sheila seem totally mismatched in just about every way. It seems like the only thing they have in common at this point is their race, which I guess was because they must have both requested a black partner. But even their families dont get along at all and Sheila has a totally different energy than Nate, which I think will backfire in their faces. Its not wrong if she isnt interested in all the fun, high energy activities the resort has to offer - some people just want to relax with a drink on the beach - but she should have been matched with someone who is like-minded. BTW, mentioning her lack of orgasms is kind of TMI for TV, even this show, I know that the couples discuss having sex but I have never heard one discuss their sexual encounters in specific terms or their satisfaction from it. I believe that not having an orgasm from sex is actually very common for women, and it is therefore the woman's job to guide the man to do what will make her orgasm from trial and error. From there, maybe she will need that blonde sex therapist from the previous seasons who wore a lot of makeup. 

Ashley seems more into Anthony than he into her but it could be his shyness. Cody and Danielle seem cute together but he seems young for her. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ralph said:

People keep talking about Nate not giving Sheila her first orgasm, and not realizing that she didn't have one---but i'm pretty sure she didn't tell him she'd never had one and i'm pretty sure she fakes it

I don't think she did yet either. When they had showed scenes for the upcoming season at the end of the first episode there was something with them and he said something about it. So at some point I am assuming she talks about or is made to for one reason or another but its something she should be saying now because she can't assume he will just magically give it to her. 

51 minutes ago, MsPH said:

can't expect him to know her enough at this point to know when to step back and when to be concerned, let alone how to get her out of her apparent mood. I also don't think being tired gives you permission to act plain rude, like give someone silent treatment and looks that could kill.

She was rude like and the looks as well. It could be a combo of things but I almost felt like maybe she was using some of the wedding and stuff as an excuse because for some reason she can't just speak up to tell him what it really is. I'm at the point I don't like either of them right now. I am going to take it that we got a crappy editing job done (as usual) so we have no clue what really lead up to this mood of her's and the death looks. If its over him not being slow on the jet ski or the damn issues she has with sex it will always come back to did she ever once speak up? If not she better start.

29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The preview at the end was for another show MAFS Again.  Something like that.  Re matching a well loved couple.  It didn't show up on my DVR search so probably too far in the future.  Anyone know when this will air?  

I didn't see anything in doing a search. I just saw a preview for next week and then it went to MAFS Second Chances...is that what you are talking about maybe? 

18 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

If Danielle had a thermal camera on her she'd be burning white hot below the Mason Dixon line... if you get my drift.

Am surprised Cody can't feel the energy radiating from her lady parts, kinda like a Tesla coil buzzing and popping...

Throw the lady a bone...or boner..time to summons Friday Night Cody...

LMAO This is to funny and so true. 

2 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I didn't see anything in doing a search. I just saw a preview for next week and then it went to MAFS Second Chances...is that what you are talking about maybe? 

Yes, that is it.  I couldn't find it on my guide.  Is it airing now or soon? 

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yes, that is it.  I couldn't find it on my guide.  Is it airing now or soon? 

Its been on the last 2 weeks after MAFS and I will say its a VERY long show. There is a forum for it here as well. 

Just now, Evil Queen said:

Its been on the last 2 weeks after MAFS and I will say its a VERY long show. There is a forum for it here as well. 

thanks

Just now, Evil Queen said:

You're welcome. You aren't to behind so you can catch up easily if you desire to sit through it all. LOL 

DIRECTV has not failed me until recently and I have had it for over 20 years.  It does not come up on my search feature.  That means I have to put a posted on the TV to remember to record it from my guide on Thursday.  ARG.  I will do it though.  I ran into this with another show, as well.  

Danielle seems to be using her cave lady "TAKE ME" preference as an unspoken (and unfair) test for Cody. He's certainly stated his desire to hit that, and while she's been clear in her interviews about how she expects him to take the lead, it wouldn't hurt her to bloody lean in a little.

Cody thinks he's being sensitive and thoughtful by holding back while Danielle is getting more and more exasperated at his politeness. It's not all on him, Danielle! To start with, her sweatpants boudoir chic is sending the wrong message. If it turns out she's into some mild bdsm as a submissive, poor Cody is way out of his depth. I would be very surprised if any of his callow sexual encounters have lasted longer than 10 minutes. Extended, intimate foreplay from that guy? Hell naw.

I would be very interested in seeing their answers to the sex questions on the surveys. (We're not calling them instruments any more, Cilona!) Because surely there were red flags.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think there is a lot they are not showing us, much like last season when we couldn't figure out what was going on with Derek and Heather. I agree that the too fast jet ski might have been scary, but Sheila is obviously upset by more than that. Based on what we have seen, I didn't see Nate do anything wrong-he's a young guy he doesn't want to just sit around. On top of that, they showed many scenes of them doing just that, sitting around, so something else is up. There is also the fact that he lives in Hyde Park, where I assume his brother goes to school and Sheila lives in Arlington Heights which is pretty far apart (Chicagoin here). I don't think she minds the brother living with them, but if she works in the north suburbs, I don't see her wanting to move so far away. I don't know if the expects look at such things, but it is a big factor. And I just can't with the orgasm talk-all of your co-workers will be seeing this Sheila! Is nothing too graphic to discuss about one's personal life anymore.?

Cody and Danielle seem too quiet to be on this kind of show. I'm quiet too so I would never go on tv, but they seem downright uncomfortable, especially Cody. I don't see a spark between these two at all and don't expect them to last. 

Anthony and Ashley both seem nice but I don't understand her needing to be iced down for a brief air conditioning malfunction. Hell, I grew up in a house with no air conditioning ever and I lived. Ashley also reminds me a bit of the kind of woman you go on one date with and she is already planning your wedding. Why would she be discussing children already with a man she just met? Anthony seems nice (I don't find him attractive at all, but that's just me) and it seems like he likes her, so who knows?

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I think there is a lot they are not showing us, much like last season when we couldn't figure out what was going on with Derek and Heather. I agree that the too fast jet ski might have been scary, but Sheila is obviously upset by more than that. Based on what we have seen, I didn't see Nate do anything wrong-he's a young guy he doesn't want to just sit around. On top of that, they showed many scenes of them doing just that, sitting around, so something else is up. There is also the fact that he lives in Hyde Park, where I assume his brother goes to school and Sheila lives in Arlington Heights which is pretty far apart (Chicagoin here). I don't think she minds the brother living with them, but if she works in the north suburbs, I don't see her wanting to move so far away. I don't know if the expects look at such things, but it is a big factor. And I just can't with the orgasm talk-all of your co-workers will be seeing this Sheila! Is nothing too graphic to discuss about one's personal life anymore.?

Cody and Danielle seem too quiet to be on this kind of show. I'm quiet too so I would never go on tv, but they seem downright uncomfortable, especially Cody. I don't see a spark between these two at all and don't expect them to last. 

Anthony and Ashley both seem nice but I don't understand her needing to be iced down for a brief air conditioning malfunction. Hell, I grew up in a house with no air conditioning ever and I lived. Ashley also reminds me a bit of the kind of woman you go on one date with and she is already planning your wedding. Why would she be discussing children already with a man she just met? Anthony seems nice (I don't find him attractive at all, but that's just me) and it seems like he likes her, so who knows?

Totally love and appreciate your point of view.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 2
(edited)

Addressing Ashley's literal meltdown...

She was probably blowing her hair and so she got hotter than hot and started to get panicky....so instead of telling Ashley to go stand naked out on the patio in the breeze, Anthony got her into one of the kitchen freezers to cool/calm her down quickly then brought her back into the room and iced her arms down until the AC kicked back in.

Ashley's TH  said she wants someone who will put up with her freakouts and Anthony has so far...

Hopefully, as her trust in him grows, her freakouts will lessen because his confidence in her will be enough for her to self calm.

Anthony will be Ashley's personal 9-1-1.

All the baby talk is probably producer driven, but since you asked, Ashley's biological clock is ticking like Mona Lisa Vito's as portrayed by Marisa Tomei, stomping her foot rhythmically in My Cousin Vinny.

Edited by humbleopinion
spelling
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

There is also the fact that he lives in Hyde Park, where I assume his brother goes to school and Sheila lives in Arlington Heights which is pretty far apart (Chicagoin here). I don't think she minds the brother living with them, but if she works in the north suburbs, I don't see her wanting to move so far away. I don't know if the expects look at such things, but it is a big factor.

I thought they were supposed to ask about relocation, but sometimes people don't think when they answer these things either - that was an issue in Season 2, I think, as well. Ryan said he didn't have an issue relocating but then, he did. They don't seem to be talking about it as a huge issue at this point though.

40 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

And I just can't with the orgasm talk-all of your co-workers will be seeing this Sheila! Is nothing too graphic to discuss about one's personal life anymore.?

Not to mention family members & now, in-laws, including a 17 year old who will be living with them. Way too TMI for everyone.

2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Hopefully, as her trust in him grows, her freakouts will lessen because his confidence in her will be enough for her to self calm.

He'll either thrive off her BS or get burned out someday.  Yes, hopefully, like a maturing child, she'll eventually learn to self-regulate.

16 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

OMG I really do DREAD Rachel talking to them about sex. She is so pathetic. She looks like she is drooling over it all when she talks about sex and more so with the couples. Its disgusting really. The only thing that needs to be said is to tell Sheila to figure out what works for her by herself then go from there. Please though do not send them to some insane tantric lady trying to get it on with them though like she did last season or to some other freaky thing. 

Cody I wonder too if he is a virgin with how he is talking. I get the feeling she isn't sure how to just tell him she wants to have sex already. The thing is that I would think if he was a virgin they would play that up as some big bombshell secret he needs to tell her. It could just be he has very little experience though and maybe they weren't the best. Who knows but they are just so awkward together and blah. For his neck, it could be weather causing it as well but he should have put something on it to try to help that irritation. 

The baby talk, it could to try to create the drama for them. I think if he says let's see how we are in a year and talk about it then she might be ok with that. Since they are in the get to know each phase still she can't expect it to happen now. I can't see either really would want that right now so soon. I know it happens before the first anniversary but usually you know each other. It happened to us. Got pregnant and had our son at the beginning of the month of our first anniversary. So we had a newborn baby when our anniversary rolled around at the end of the month. 

LMAO 

I know she has said it but I don't think she is an introvert either. I actually find the labeling of them all introvert or extrovert or whatever else a bit much at times. If you are on a tv show letting cameras follow you around and willing to talk about having sex or orgasms you are not introverted at all. Now with that though it doesn't mean someone doesn't just want a few minutes of quiet. She had explained that the 2 weeks and that time was a lot on her. It would be on anyone. She finds out she has to get married, find a dress, marries the stranger, dealt with a little family drama, whisked off to the honeymoon now and decided to do the deed with him with no happy ending for her. I think anyone would need some time to breath for a little bit. Just relax and take it all in though. I don't know if she assumed he would just magically make things happen for her in the bed or not but it could be part of it as well. Trying to figure out what to say to him on it and if she isn't thinking of that she should be. 

She doesn't come off as a very happy person. Like I said right now I am not liking her much either. I wonder why they picked these 2. There had to have been 2 others that would be more enjoyable to watch. 

I'm coming to the conclusion that these couples aren't really as they appear to be.  I think the producers have a lot of input on how they should create drama.  I can't see a person like Sheila who's on her honeymoon be such a sourpuss or Cody not hopping in the sack with Danielle.  She's 30 years old and probably been around the block already, so come on.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lord Donia said:

Danielle seems to be using her cave lady "TAKE ME" preference as an unspoken (and unfair) test for Cody. He's certainly stated his desire to hit that, and while she's been clear in her interviews about how she expects him to take the lead, it wouldn't hurt her to bloody lean in a little.

Cody thinks he's being sensitive and thoughtful by holding back while Danielle is getting more and more exasperated at his politeness. It's not all on him, Danielle! To start with, her sweatpants boudoir chic is sending the wrong message. If it turns out she's into some mild bdsm as a submissive, poor Cody is way out of his depth. I would be very surprised if any of his callow sexual encounters have lasted longer than 10 minutes. Extended, intimate foreplay from that guy? Hell naw.

I would be very interested in seeing their answers to the sex questions on the surveys. (We're not calling them instruments any more, Cilona!) Because surely there were red flags.

Am I the only one who thinks that Danielle's sweatpants wedding night outfit was pretty cute ? I mean, you could tell that she had a nice body under there but it was understated at the same time so as not to look "desperate" or that she's ready to jump his bones the first night. I believe it was designed to give off the statement that she is NOT the type to have sex the first night she meets someone. Plus, they were on TV - I sure wouldnt wear a lace negligee or a silk shorts and cami set. BTW, I think Cody is really hot ... maybe there is a lot they are not showing on TV. We all defnitely saw how they were comfortably making out on the bed in front of cameramen their first night together and he didnt seem shy or passive so I guess well see. 

If I were Sheila I would be uncomfortable with the age gap. But I'll be honest, if I were on this show, I would probably eventually have sex with my chosen partner even if he was 5 years younger than me just to see if its any good :/ Also I think that Ashley went on this show because she just wants the kids/husband package before her clock starts ticking louder, and not just to find a deep connection. I mean, most of them want families, but she seems like the most obsessed with having a baby ASAP. 

Edited by Matias130
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

It's airing already. I believe it's Tuesday nights, but I'd have to check my TiVO to be sure. "Married at First Sight: Second Chances". Looks like it'll be a really interesting season. At the end of the 1st episode, there is already a woman begging Dave not to cut her. And it looks, from the previews, like he gives in and keeps her through the next round of getting to know the women. Personally, I already know which of the women that want to get to know/date/marry Dave that I would pick and the rest could go home right away.

3 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

It's airing already. I believe it's Tuesday nights, but I'd have to check my TiVO to be sure. "Married at First Sight: Second Chances". Looks like it'll be a really interesting season. At the end of the 1st episode, there is already a woman begging Dave not to cut her. And it looks, from the previews, like he gives in and keeps her through the next round of getting to know the women. Personally, I already know which of the women that want to get to know/date/marry Dave that I would pick and the rest could go home right away.

MAFS is on Thursday.  

• Love 1

All of this. He's trying to be respectful and make sure everything else is in place so she's comfortable when they do have sex. I hate that she and Sheila are making their husbands have to read their minds. That was one thing I told my wife on our first date: If you've got something you want (to say/from me), speak up because I can't read your mind and I am not going to bother trying; but if you talk to me about things, then I can act on that information.

Now, all that said, I don't understand why Cody didn't grab Danielle's boobs when they were out wading in the water and being close. I mean, you're holding her from behind; grab a boob and check the [sexual] temperature. At least she'll know you want some of that! LOL

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

MAFS is on Thursday.  

Thanks. Sorry. It's only a couple episodes in. I have a hard time keeping track of anything that isn't Lucifer, Supernatural, or Bar Rescue.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

All of this. He's trying to be respectful and make sure everything else is in place so she's comfortable when they do have sex. I hate that she and Sheila are making their husbands have to read their minds.

I agree.  The complicating factor here is they are strangers!   Sex often happens after a few dates or often longer in RL.   They are both leery not knowing if the other one is sexually attracted.  It is time for an 'expert' to step in and help with this.  She is guilty of wanting him to mind read and he is guilt of assuming she wants to wait.  Never assume, ask.  

Danielle should say is, "take your time I see that you are nervous, I will wait until you are ready."  LOL!! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sheila & Nate:  I don't think she's moody even though it appears that way but it's their different energy levels.  They haven't figured out how to communicate that part of themselves to each other.  IRL they maybe would've lasted 3 dates if they weren't able to figure out how to do that even a little bit.  IMHO, they should've waited to consummate their marriage for a few more days.  I am blown away by her acceptance of his little brother living with them.  To me that shows a real level of maturity, commitment to family and champion of higher education.  I would have a real problem with it and feel duped by production.  If I met a man, fell in love with and knew it was going to be that way, I would be ok but the way it went down here is a deal breaker for me.  

Cody & Danielle:  I think she's very pretty in different kind of way, almost exotic.  I think he's just ok and IRL, they wouldn't be together.  He has no game.  Hell, he doesn't even know what game is.  "Friday Night Cody" is just something he's seen on teevee or movies.  She is going to have to throw more blatant signals if she wants him to take the lead.  I dated a guy who had never been in love, never dated anyone before me we (were both about 27 years old) and it was really stressful for me.  He simply didn't know stuff that many guys learn in high school and college through experiences with girls. He had a PhD in a hard science so he was smart and went to lots of college but very limited in other ways.  I had to end it as we were just in two different places and I just couldn't deal with it.  (Edited 17 hours later: In retrospect, 20 years later, I perhaps should have stuck it out longer and worked through my stress in a different way other than ending it.  I wonder what would have happened.....)

All of that being said, they've been married only 5-6 days at this point so why are are we rushing them?  Should we look at Cody as perhaps wanting his emotional and physical feelings to be more equal or even deeper to consummate the marriage?  Almost all of the time woman say men are not in touch enough with their emotions and hate that they can separate their emotions from sex and we can't that well.  Maybe we aren't giving Cody enough credit.  

Ashley & Anthony:  Cute together.  She's all-American pretty and he's above average.  They might actually date IRL.  If his way of showing love is to be the rescuer and needed a lot then I think it will work out.  He might just have to have a talk with her sister in the future.  The baby talk is crazy at this point and hopefully is producer driven.  Just because people are married does not mean that they are ready to have a baby especially when you've only known each other about a week.  Out if all of them, I'm putting money on them to not get a divorce- at least right a way.       

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

All of that being said, they've been married only 5-6 days at this point so why are are we rushing them?  Should we look at Cody as perhaps wanting his emotional and physical feelings to be more equal or even deeper to consummate the marriage?  Almost all of the time woman say men are not in touch enough with their emotions and hate that they can separate their emotions from sex and we can't that well.  Maybe we aren't giving Cody enough credit.  

There is a social and biological expectation that the man takes the lead in the initial overtures to sex.  A sensitive man respects a woman's desire to wait, of course.  In order to build sexual tension there has to be physical ques on both sides. This is where he is failing, he is discussing it too much. He is telling her he wants to wait.  I don't blame her for holding back.   This is not an archaic notion.  

It is a dance. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

There is a social and biological expectation that the man takes the lead in the initial overtures to sex.  A sensitive man respects a woman's desire to wait, of course.  In order to build sexual tension there has to be physical ques on both sides. This is where he is failing, he is discussing it too much. He is telling her he wants to wait.  I don't blame her for holding back.   This is not an archaic notion.  

It is a dance. 

I agree with your points but they just got to the dance hall.  It takes some people, both men and women awhile to get out on the dance floor.  IRL, the girls are always out there first and the guys stand around and drink for awhile till they feel ready to get out there.  Danielle is on the dance floor and ready to boogie but Cody needs a few more drinks.  He's already said he'll be out there when he's ready.  

If Jamie and Doug could get it together there is hope for any couple!!  Also, if given the choice, most women would rather have this situation than the opposite.    

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

I agree with your points but they just got to the dance hall.  It takes some people, both men and women awhile to get out on the dance floor.

I totally agree!  That was my point that I guess didn't come across.  LOL.  Stop with the discussing, start enjoying each other and then move to bushing shoulders or sitting with thighs touching.  Brush her hair back from her face, put your hand on his cheek when he does or says something sweet.  Shut up and dance.  And Cody, start this dance!  Sleeping in the same bed every night does not have to stop the more subtle behaviors during the day, but it does put a different spin on it.   LOL!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Danielle could learn a thing or two from Ashley...

At the snail dinner Anthony asks Ashley what would she like to do on the honeymoon.

Ashley replies... walking on the beach, being in a hammock with him and something else but she's not going to say it out loud....

Then from across the table, Ashley looks straight into Anthony's eyes... saying nothing...he looks back, a bit bewildered...then it dawns on him what her eyes are conveying....

Check please!

Message sent...message received...

Danielle has been broadcasting...sex...sex..sex... but Cody's antennae is not up...if you get my drift...

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

At the snail dinner Anthony asks Ashley what would she like to do on the honeymoon.

Ashley replies... walking on the beach, being in a hammock with him and something else but she's not going to say it out loud....

Then from across the table, Ashley looks straight into Anthony's eyes... saying nothing...he looks back, a bit bewildered...then it dawns on him what her eyes are conveying....

Check please!

Danielle has been broadcasting...sex...sex..sex... but Cody's antennae is not up...if you get my drift...

Has she really though???  In her TH to us, yes, but I can't recall anything she's said or shown to Cody that she wants to have sex as she tells us in her TH.  What has she said or shown to Cody?  I've seen him saying that he wants to wait until the time is right but I don't know what she has said back.  I watch it in real time and don't record so I can't re-watch anything! 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Check please!

I fell out laughing at this. Love it!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Danielle has not given any signals that she wants sex.   They are young and we sit here with decades more experience in relationships and life in general.   They just don't know how to do this. 

4 easy stetps that the experts should convey.  Communication 101. 

1. Show up.

2. Be present

3. Speak your truth without shame or blame. 

4. Let go of the outcome.  

Simple to remember and hard to do but if you get it, it will sink in and you will find yourself stopping mid sentence, especially when you start to blame your partner for the way you feel!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I re-watched it today & Danielle told Cody when they were in bed that she would like him to be physically assertive - or something like that. She definitely used the world 'physical', & it was obvious to him what she meant because that's when he began explaining that he wanted it to happen when the time was right, blah blah... She seemed quite deflated by his attitude.

She should probably just keep hanging back & take this time to get to know him, talking & doing other activities together.

There are other ways to be physically tender as @wings707 mentioned. She wants to jump right in there but maybe they need to break the ice slowly in other ways. Maybe he'll start initiating more eventually.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ralph said:

People keep talking about Nate not giving Sheila her first orgasm, and not realizing that she didn't have one---but i'm pretty sure she didn't tell him she'd never had one and i'm pretty sure she fakes it

I think you're right.

It feels like Nate doesn't get what it means to be a partner in a relationship.  I wonder if he grew up seeing partnerships.

But I kind of do feel Nate.  I used to work with a woman who was VERY low key and who was the type of person who could stay silent for hours.  She was the type of person who'd sit back and not engage others at social situations.  Needless to say I'm glad I no longer work with her anymore.

But, I think Shelia's real issue is that she feels bad and maybe guilty because they had sex so early.  She had sex with Nate and NOW she realizes how young he is, and who he is.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

Sheila & Nate:  I don't think she's moody even though it appears that way but it's their different energy levels.  They haven't figured out how to communicate that part of themselves to each other.  IRL they maybe would've lasted 3 dates if they weren't able to figure out how to do that even a little bit.       

Sheila said she's an introvert. Her energy level and energy reserves are going to be considerably different from his (since he's clearly an extrovert). They'd have lasted longer than three dates in the real world and it would have taken longer than that for them to explore this difference and understand it. I'm very introverted and come from a small family, while my wife is extroverted and comes from a large family (with an even larger extended family!). We managed to date/be engaged for 7 years and this November marks the 14th year of actual marriage. If Sheila and Nate can be patient with each other, they have a shot at getting this straightened out. If not, they'd be doomed anyway since patience is required in a relationship.

And speaking of patience, Cody wants a marriage like his grandparents had. Yet, he doesn't seem to understand that they didn't have the relationship he saw when they were first together; the relationship he saw took decades to craft.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Thank you for giving that info on the area though. It gives an idea of how it can be  since I know I have no clue on locations with Chicago but I would assume it would be like matching someone on one side of Los Angeles with someone on the other side of the county. Which wouldn't work for commutes with the traffic and jobs if they are living near their jobs. Its a shame the experts don't look at this stuff more because its something that should be. If one is willing to move a distance they should be asking how far not assume wherever too. Get more details on that kind of stuff to better match people. But then I don't think he should have been picked to begin with considering he has his brother living there for school and has to have him live with them no matter what since he is under age. 

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Addressing Ashley's literal meltdown...

She was probably blowing her hair and so she got hotter than hot and started to get panicky....so instead of telling Ashley to go stand naked out on the patio in the breeze, Anthony got her into one of the kitchen freezers to cool/calm her down quickly then brought her back into the room and iced her arms down until the AC kicked back in.

Ashley's TH  said she wants someone who will put up with her freakouts and Anthony has so far...

All the baby talk is probably producer driven, but since you asked, Ashley's biological clock is ticking like Mona Lisa Vito's as portrayed by Marisa Tomei, stomping her foot rhythmically in My Cousin Vinny.

Sometimes when it comes to heat its not being high maintenance in this situation but that one can't handle the kind of heat and might be feeling ill. I grew up inland where it was hot nasty summers usually and we had one window a/c in the living room. Yet about 11 yrs ago after I had my last child I have been that way. If it is to hot out I have to be careful. We live in a place that most homes do not have a/c because we are near the beach and suppose to depend on the natural ocean breeze as a/c. So I have sat with ice bags before when its bad out. If I am out places I do what I have to for keep myself from getting sick. So I get it. As you said she might have been using a hair dryer before it which would make her feel even hotter. Because we don't see it all and get bits of it we have no clue the whole story there. Instead they make her look a certain way over it. I just know my husband would be doing the same things for me in that situation and I am no where near high maintenance. Those that are with me know that I might have to take it easier or find a place to cool off if its to much with the heat for me when we are out some place. 

6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I thought they were supposed to ask about relocation, but sometimes people don't think when they answer these things either - that was an issue in Season 2, I think, as well. Ryan said he didn't have an issue relocating but then, he did. They don't seem to be talking about it as a huge issue at this point though.

Not to mention family members & now, in-laws, including a 17 year old who will be living with them. Way too TMI for everyone.

He'll either thrive off her BS or get burned out someday.  Yes, hopefully, like a maturing child, she'll eventually learn to self-regulate.

You would think they asked about relocation. Yet as we have seen with the "experts" and matching they don't always listen either. Yet this is something that might be an issue for them. Agree that it is a bit much to be talking about certain things when you have so many that will be watching it like that who know you and are related. 

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

It is a dance. 

Which it comes to why is he holding back? If he isn't feeling they will work out then ok. If he is unsure of things. Ok with that waiting to see if something can happen. Or is it something else? Its just odd after seeing them that first night of marriage. 

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Check please!

LOL That was the best too. Second she said that it was clear as day what she wanted. Thankfully he got it as well. Which to me that says a little bit about them too and the connection they seem to be having. Danielle needs to just do something more. Touch him on his thigh and leave the hand there or rub his thigh a little. Say something that isn't out right saying do me now but hinting at it so it gets the point across in a flirty manner that she is wanting him. Throw on something sexy for bed and see if that does it. If those things don't work she needs to just pounce on him and see if he will respond then. Yet I am wondering if maybe he for some reason isn't feeling it with her all of a sudden. Did something happen that first night of marriage? They were on the bed making out like they were so was he pushed away because it was to soon the first night (which I agree it is in this situation) and he is now just unsure on making another move or is it something else? 

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I think you're right.

It feels like Nate doesn't get what it means to be a partner in a relationship.  I wonder if he grew up seeing partnerships.

But I kind of do feel Nate.  I used to work with a woman who was VERY low key and who was the type of person who could stay silent for hours.  She was the type of person who'd sit back and not engage others at social situations.  Needless to say I'm glad I no longer work with her anymore.

But, I think Shelia's real issue is that she feels bad and maybe guilty because they had sex so early.  She had sex with Nate and NOW she realizes how young he is, and who he is.

I don't know about his other family or how much he was around them growing up but he had said he was raised by his single mom. We have no clue beyond that if she had any long term relationships or anything else. I do agree that she might be feeling guilty and she may not know how to deal with it all. 

Edited by Evil Queen
not sure why the first response showed up highlighted. sorry for that.
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Ding Ding Ding....thumbs up. I think you nailed it. 

3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Danielle has not given any signals that she wants sex.   They are young and we sit here with decades more experience in relationships and life in general.   They just don't know how to do this. 

4 easy stetps that the experts should convey.  Communication 101. 

1. Show up.

2. Be present

3. Speak your truth without shame or blame. 

4. Let go of the outcome.  

Simple to remember and hard to do but if you get it, it will sink in and you will find yourself stopping mid sentence, especially when you start to blame your partner for the way you feel!  

Feel like you are doing their work for them (the experts)?  Good steps. 

I hope I haven't misspoken. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yet I am wondering if maybe he for some reason isn't feeling it with her all of a sudden. Did something happen that first night of marriage? They were on the bed making out like they were so was he pushed away because it was to soon the first night (which I agree it is in this situation) and he is now just unsure on making another move or is it something else? 

Yeah I was wondering that too since we certainly don't see everything.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Feel like you are doing their work for them (the experts)?  Good steps. 

I hope I haven't misspoken. 

No, you have not.  Since this is my field I should probably back off, though.  It drives me nuts to watch such simple knowledge not passed on to these couples in need.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Fingers crossed, but it looks like the experts did get it right for one of the couples...

Anthony's TH..."every time she grabs my hand... it's a lightening bolt"

Anthony's voice over when they are in the jacuzzi..."she gives me butterflies"

...that kind of mushy stuff is charming...until someone gets hurt....

Edited by humbleopinion
rogue pronoun
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

No, you have not.  Since this is my field I should probably back off, though.  It drives me nuts to watch such simple knowledge not passed on to these couples in need.  

With that how do you stand this show with all the bad advice and reasons for matching these couples? I'm not any kind of therapist or expert of some sort (like most of us here I would imagine) but hell its pathetic when we all can see what they don't and know what should be said to help and they don't. Its a big reason I am not a fan of the "experts" at all. 

• Love 1

Nate is such a boy.  He likes to go fast and thinks dumping the jet ski in he ocean is fun. Another thing he thinks is fun is scaring his partner.  He gets a kick out of her being scared and holding on tightly. It makes him feel like a strong man.  And there are some women who like that sort of thing.  Sheila is not one of them.  Nate knew she was scared, but he never took his foot off the gas to ask if she was ok.  He's 25. He doesn't know.  

Sheila is a bit of a mystery to me.  This I'm upset but I don't want to talk about it thing could be that she is afraid to express what the problems are, or that she doesn't really know what the problems are, or that she is being a bitch and punishing him for causing a problem.  Nate is not a bad guy I don't think.  I see how he is with his mother and with his brother, but Nate is not a subtle guy.  Hints and moodiness are not going to get through to him.  

'My guess is that Sheila has become overwhelmed and can't get her thoughts in order enough to know what they are and then to express them.   And she needs to understand that Nate wants to have fun and he wants to have fun with her.  Both of them are sort of me me me, imo.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I re-watched it today & Danielle told Cody when they were in bed that she would like him to be physically assertive - or something like that. She definitely used the world 'physical', & it was obvious to him what she meant because that's when he began explaining that he wanted it to happen when the time was right, blah blah... She seemed quite deflated by his attitude.

She should probably just keep hanging back & take this time to get to know him, talking & doing other activities together.

There are other ways to be physically tender as @wings707 mentioned. She wants to jump right in there but maybe they need to break the ice slowly in other ways. Maybe he'll start initiating more eventually.

I agree, I saw that Danielle had addressed the physical thing with Cody so it's not like she isn't being obvious enough.  I just think being young and relatively inexperienced/underconfident, Cody is frightened by having the onus on HIM to make the next move (which is made even more intimidating for him by having all the cameras on him waiting for it too).  He knows the next move is his and feels "on the spot", so to speak.  Of course, this is only more proof that he's not really the "manly man" that Danielle wants him to be, because if he were, that wouldn't faze him.  Then he only makes it worse by showing his nervousness by talking it to death in an incessant whiny monotone.  To someone like Danielle, who is probably waiting for the man to grab her and take her, that's like a cold shower dumped over her desire.  A "manly man" knows what he wants and has no reservations about going out and taking it.  Cody is acting like just the opposite - An immature boy that is afraid of what he wants, and is afraid he'll ruin things with her and won't live up to her expectations.  And IMO he is too immature for her.  That said, she could make the first move but after all he's done to make her know he's not ready to have sex with her yet, she is wise not to throw herself at him.

8 hours ago, wings707 said:

I hear you - My graduate degree is in Counseling Psych. and I'm trained to be a counselor so stuff like that drives me bonkers too!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

With that how do you stand this show with all the bad advice and reasons for matching these couples? I'm not any kind of therapist or expert of some sort (like most of us here I would imagine) but hell its pathetic when we all can see what they don't and know what should be said to help and they don't. Its a big reason I am not a fan of the "experts" at all. 

Given my education and training, I have trouble standing it myself, and that's one reason I've been ranting on about the so-called "experts" for 5 seasons now.  Truthfully, it's getting harder to stand as time goes on.  It's obvious to me that they are acting on a very limited basis because if they could take their time and do it right, they wouldn't make these matches.  It still boggles my mind that any professional would allow themselves to be associated with this mess.

One thing we've talked about in seasons past is how they make the matches from a smaller group of maybe 30 people that have been generally selected as "finalists".  I suppose they have to have some method of making the pool smaller, otherwise they could be there forever, but the problem IMO is that this isn't necessarily going to produce the best matches, especially if the criteria for choosing the general finalists misses huge honking issues that should have weeded them out as not being good marriage material.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think you nailed this - I also think what's making Sheila look more introverted than she really is is this realization.  She's already shut down to some degree.  I think maybe she jumped into the sex so early because of all the self-talk about this being a marriage and forever, and all that stuff.  Or as Mr. Snarkle suspects, Nate may have encouraged her to feel that he was going to be there 100% forever and that she could trust him, etc. so as to make her give in to having sex on the first night.  But after a few days she's thinking, "Who the hell did I just trust forever? He's so young and immature and I don't know if I even like him"  It's kind of like a buyer's remorse thing.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree, I saw that Danielle had addressed the physical thing with Cody so it's not like she isn't being obvious enough.  I just think being young and relatively inexperienced/underconfident, Cody is frightened by having the onus on HIM to make the next move (which is made even more intimidating for him by having all the cameras on him waiting for it too).  He knows the next move is his and feels "on the spot", so to speak.  Of course, this is only more proof that he's not really the "manly man" that Danielle wants him to be, because if he were, that wouldn't faze him.  Then he only makes it worse by showing his nervousness by talking it to death in an incessant whiny monotone.  To someone like Danielle, who is probably waiting for the man to grab her and take her, that's like a cold shower dumped over her desire.  A "manly man" knows what he wants and has no reservations about going out and taking it.  Cody is acting like just the opposite - An immature boy that is afraid of what he wants, and is afraid he'll ruin things with her and won't live up to her expectations.  And IMO he is too immature for her.  That said, she could make the first move but after all he's done to make her know he's not ready to have sex with her yet, she is wise not to throw herself at him.

I hear you - My graduate degree is in Counseling Psych. and I'm trained to be a counselor so stuff like that drives me bonkers too!

ALL of what you wrote and the fact that he has never been in love.  I think that the "experts" should also consider that maybe even more than the their sexual compatibility scores.  I'm sure they took a survey/quiz/etc. along with an interview with the "sexpert."   Of course, I'm assuming that every written tool used is valid and reliable so it would be difficult to get the compatibility in that area wrong.  Is it possible we are seeing his lack of long-term relationship/being in love, perhaps the real issue that is manifesting itself in the sexual area??  Those posters with counseling experience/going to school for it, does that make sense?         

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 3:14 PM, kira28 said:

I totally feel Sheilas pain and now I can't stand Nate. I would ofpegged her for the last to consumate her marriage.  I'm an introvert and I dated an extrovert like Nate (although my guy was very giving in the bedroom and not selfish) he was exhausting, always full of energy and "on". Constantly wanted to do things with big loud groups of people.. All things that wear me down and drain my energy.

I was actually quite proud of myself because i correctly called Nate/Sheila to be the first to "consummate their marriage." As i explained to my family, she grew up in a religious household and probably feels it is her duty to have sex with her husband. That religious background is also probably the reason she doesn't make that orgasm happen on her own. 

On 5/5/2017 at 5:06 PM, crgirl412 said:

OMG, I KNOW!!  Now, that being said, I do not at all have the perfect female body but if I owned a gym and was a walking advertisement, I sure as hell would be in the best shape I could possibly be in. 

I know! He's a cute boy (I'm being very generous with this assessment of him), but his looks and his body are not those which you would expect of a gym-owner. I actually do not find him very attractive with his pasty white skin, farmer's tan, razor burn, yellow teeth, AND his lack of assertiveness. But to each their own.

On 5/6/2017 at 1:47 AM, Snarklepuss said:

Theirs is a classic introvert/extrovert conflict, however I don't think Sheila is really that introverted, it's just that Nate is such an extreme extrovert he'd make anyone look positively antisocial by comparison!

I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't see Nate as an extrovert or high-energy. He is just doing things people do on vacation, like jet ski. I actually see him really laid- back and even speaks in a very relaxed tone. 

My husband, though...is waking up early on vacation, making noise in order to wake everyone up so that we can "get the day started". He's talking to and befriending other vacationers, tour guides, waiters, etc. He's excited, excited, EXCITED! I don't see Nate like that, he's a breath of fresh air. Except for the corny "queen" talk.

16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

To the camera man, maybe. Don't be surprised if there's some behind-the-scenes sex scandal this season. ?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, crgirl412 said:

ALL of what you wrote and the fact that he has never been in love.  I think that the "experts" should also consider that maybe even more than the their sexual compatibility scores.  I'm sure they took a survey/quiz/etc. along with an interview with the "sexpert."   Of course, I'm assuming that every written tool used is valid and reliable so it would be difficult to get the compatibility in that area wrong.  Is it possible we are seeing his lack of long-term relationship/being in love, perhaps the real issue that is manifesting itself in the sexual area??  Those posters with counseling experience/going to school for it, does that make sense?         

Oh perfect sense, yes!  His never being in love is part of his general inexperience and ITA that the "experts" should match people on the same level in terms of life experience.  Of course they will match opposites and then "justify" it by saying that her experience can help him learn or grow or some such ridiculous tripe, LOL.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I was actually quite proud of myself because i correctly called Nate/Sheila to be the first to "consummate their marriage." As i explained to my family, she grew up in a religious household and probably feels it is her duty to have sex with her husband. That religious background is also probably the reason she doesn't make that orgasm happen on her own. 

I know! He's a cute boy (I'm being very generous with this assessment of him), but his looks and his body are not those which you would expect of a gym-owner. I actually do not find him very attractive with his pasty white skin, farmer's tan, razor burn, yellow teeth, AND his lack of assertiveness. But to each their own.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I don't see Nate as an extrovert or high-energy. He is just doing things people do on vacation, like jet ski. I actually see him really laid- back and even speaks in a very relaxed tone. 

My husband, though...is waking up early on vacation, making noise in order to wake everyone up so that we can "get the day started". He's talking to and befriending other vacationers, tour guides, waiters, etc. He's excited, excited, EXCITED! I don't see Nate like that, he's a breath of fresh air. Except for the corny "queen" talk.

To the camera man, maybe. Don't be surprised if there's some behind-the-scenes sex scandal this season. ?

Not the gym owner look at all!!!  Maybe that's how they look in the more rural parts of the US not the tan meathead look.  The yellow teeth are bad.  Wouldn't you whiten your teeth before auditioning and then for sure, when you were getting married to a stranger???  Good for Danielle that she's able to get past it but I guess in this situation, you have to. 

• Love 1