Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Honeymoons Part 1

• Start Topic

Serial posting to say that Sheila may be making a while for the big O.  I mean, did Nate even try to give her one?  I think it doesn't bode well if one spouse is all about getting theirs and not even noticing that their spouse is left hanging.  Nate, help a sista out.   There are many things you can do, just saying... 

Sheila, should have told him he needs to help her finish. 

• Love 8

Lol at "having my brother live with us should be no big deal". Do we think the experts considered this before matching Nate and Sheila together? 

• Love 5

Cody's brother is younger at 24.

Perhaps the brothers dated everyone in their farming community, depleting the stock so need M@FS to find some more women.

Or wants to drum up attention for his personal training empire.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Lol at "having my brother live with us should be no big deal". Do we think the experts considered this before matching Nate and Sheila together? 

Same show that said "we paired them because they'd be sexy together". They don't think things through.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, VanSensei said:

Same show that said "we paired them because they'd be sexy together". They don't think things through.

Haha so true 

(edited)

Nate's an ass.  A selfish ass.  It's clear he only thinks about his own enjoyment with all things.  NO thought on how S was enjoying the jet ski, no cares that we can see of about her orgasm situation.  I would be pissed off!  I am sure he could feel her gripping on to him.   

My husband loves motorcycles; me, not so much.  He's asked me several times to go on his bike, and because I love him, I would do it.   He would always go slow and make sure to give a smooth ride.  

Edited by roseslg
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, roseslg said:

Nate's an ass.  A selfish ass.  It's clear he only thinks about his owen enjoyment with all things.  NO thought on how S was enjoying the jet ski, no cares that we can see off about her orgasm situation.  I would be pissed off!  I am sure he could feel her gripping on to him.   

My husband loves motorcycles; me, not so much.  He's asked me several times to go on his bike, and because I love him, I would do it.   He would always go slow and make sure to give a smooth ride.  

I tuned in late, what happened with the orgasm? I keep on seeing it mentioned. 

Why are Nate and Shelia talking about 'days' ? They've only been married for four days and really only alone for three. And why did Nate think he was ready to get married at 25? I'm watching these two thinking nope, nope, nope! 

• Love 6

@Straycat80, you ain't kidding.  I don't see anything wrong in what Sheila is saying, but Nate is just not getting it.   It's all about him.  He talks about compromise, but I don't think he knows what that means. 

Nate and me, Shelia, Nate and me.  

• Love 2
Just now, humbleopinion said:

Nate's job is to turn those nopes into  "Harry Met Sally" deli yeses...yessss...yessss...yesss... throw your head back and around like Meg Ryan

OMG? Too funny. Belly laugh for sure!

Why are these professionals lecturing US in their THs

• Love 3

Does Ashley seem a bit neurotic? Anthony said she had a 'meltdown' he 'had to ice her down' because the AC went out. Really? He didn't seem bothered by this so I guess her acting like a twit was ok with him.  I'm still liking them as a couple. So far anyway.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Does Ashley seem a bit neurotic? Anthony said she had a 'meltdown' he 'had to ice her down' because the AC went out. Really? He didn't seem bothered by this so I guess her acting like a twit was ok with him.  I'm still liking them as a couple. So far anyway.

She definitely seems neurotic. I can't fault her though because I've been known to act like that myself. I'm surprised my husband puts up with it at times lol

• Love 4
(edited)

Danielle wants sex so badly, Cody is missing all the clues.   Dude... she's giving you the greenlight.   I don't think they are long for the world. 

Nate and his whole bs about her apologizing to him for her mood and what's not can miss me.  

I hate that the person who is not woo hooing all the time and just needs time and space is always the one to suck it up and deal.  

Edited by roseslg
  • Love 9

"Shut up Nate" .. You selfish pain in the ass.  If Sheila wants to sit on the lounge chair all day for instance, that's her business.  Everyone doesn't have to be like you, on the go all the time.  Grow up!  The girl is taking in your brother.  Some girls wouldn't even consider that.  Let her be who she is and quit whining.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Flying blind here...on left coast so snarking vicariously...

No climax for his queen... unhappiness in the empire....

LMAO I'm reading along with stuff since I'm on the other coast as well. 

35 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

OMG? Too funny. Belly laugh for sure!

Why are these professionals lecturing US in their THs

They always feel they must tell us how it is. As if they know best with anything SMH. They should be having us all lecture them on how it REALLY is. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Danielle wants to be with someone more like Nate. She wouldn't be waiting on sex with him, for sure.

This thing with Nate and Sheila might be because they just had sex and now she's feeling some type of way about how fast things are moving. Probably afraid he might lose interest now or something. And she didn't orgasm, which is usual for her but maybe she expected him to be more attuned to her needs. Who knows? And he doesn't seem to be aware that she didn't so maybe she didn't say anything and just expected him to read her/her body after that one time. 

Also, he seems to be very much a selfish extrovert that doesn't understand his introverted wife. Sometimes introverts need quiet time. This shouldn't be hard to understand or sympathize with but I've run into extroverts who consider it a critical flaw in my makeup that I don't desire to be the life of the party 24/7. It's draining to be that hype ALL the time. Honestly, it's stressful (and sometimes annoying) to be around people who want to be the life of the party 24/7. They think it's all fun and happiness because they get energy from social interaction, meanwhile it's physically and mentally draining for the other person. I can't.

Ashley seems neurotic to me as well and I bet her sister plays into that or doesn't want to lose her position as the current Ashley Whisperer. I was glad to see that Anthony did what Nate didn't think to do, take things slowly with Ashley and letting her enjoy the excursion without traumatizing her.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 12
(edited)

Sheila's frankensteins monster hair is driving me nuts!  Gurrl, just get braids for the honeymoon! 

ETA: I know I'm just throwing shade and being petty :D lol

frankenSheila.jpg

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 19
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I think Danielle wants to be with someone more like Nate. She wouldn't be waiting on sex with him, for sure.

This thing with Nate and Sheila might be because they just had sex and now she's feeling some type of way about how fast things are moving. Probably afraid he might lose interest now or something. And she didn't orgasm, which is usual for her but maybe she expected him to be more attuned to her needs. Who knows? And he doesn't seem to be aware that she didn't so maybe she didn't say anything and just expected him to read her/her body after that one time. 

Also, he seems to be very much a selfish extrovert that doesn't understand his introverted wife. Sometimes introverts need quiet time. This shouldn't be hard to understand or sympathize with but I've run into extroverts who consider it a critical flaw in my makeup that I don't desire to be the life of the party 24/7. It's draining to be that hype ALL the time. Honestly, it's stressful (and sometimes annoying) to be around people who want to be the life of the party 24/7. They think it's all fun and happiness because they get energy from social interaction, meanwhile it's physically and mentally draining for the other person. I can't.

Ashley seems neurotic to me as well and I bet her sister plays into that or doesn't want to lose her position as the current Ashley Whisperer. I was glad to see that Anthony did what Nate didn't think to do, take things slowly with Ashley and letting her enjoy the excursion without traumatizing her.

I'm going to assume (since its not on here yet) that maybe Sheila doesn't fully know how to discuss this subject and be open about things with him. As it is if she has never had an orgasm she doesn't know herself what could work for her so she can't really help guide him. I'm kind of thinking that even if she did and knew how that he might not listen to her on it all though. 

I don't think she is really an introvert. I think she is somewhere in between things. Even some extroverts are not like that and want time to chill out. My husband is pretty much an extrovert and I fall in between things at this point in my life (growing up more introvert though) but he doesn't always want to be all go go go. He likes to just relax and do nothing some days. Other days he wants to just go. Of course his job is pretty physically demanding unlike what Nate does so my husband has to have that time. 

I am glad to hear how Anthony is towards Ashley. Considering how it sounds Nate was to Sheila. Hopefully he can pull Ashley out of that zone her sister put her in and help her learn to stand on her own two feet with him to lean on when needed. 

LMAO at the Frankie pic. Even funnier is that this came at a time I'm watching the Munsters. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

I have a sneaking suspicion that Shelia isn't as thrilled with the idea that Nate's brother is going to be living with them as she would have us believe.  I think she is just saying all the right things for the camera.  She didn't appear the slightest bit upset about not having the big O, but after his revelation, her demeanor and attitude seemed to have changed.

• Love 3

I agree, I wish Nate was more like Anthony when it came to working with Sheila on the jet skis.  He's exhausting!  I've dated guys who were like that and thought they were the shizznit and would be self involved that they couldn't pick up on any social cues.  

Ive also very briefly dated those who were all about getting theirs while not thinking about whether I was satisfied.  I know she just met him and that may take time to develop, but I honestly don't see him taking the time.  He may be one of the folks who never go downtown (if you catch my drift).   Been there, done that.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, VanSensei said:

I don't agree with these experts on a lot of things they say.  For instance, they didn't think Nates brother living with them was "no big deal".  It is a big deal for anyone, especially a new bride.  The whole atmosphere in the house would be very different.  I think it was very gracious for Sheila to accept that.  I hope Nate appreciates it, but I don't think he does.

• Love 5

Danielle (?) just kept talking about how handsome her husband Cody was, and good for her. I'm glad that she's attracted to him. I'm just sad that he hasn't been taking her clues that she was ready to seal the deal.  Is he a virgin? I also thought for a gym owner that he needed to work on his love handles a wee bit more but that's just a shallow observation on my part. 

I disliked that we got that same coming attraction showing Shelia extremely upset over something. I (after not seeing it this week) don't trust that it will be on next episode either. 

I thought Ashley and Anthony are cute as a button together. Her eyes light up. He's going to have his hands full with her sister but on the kayak he mentioned that he'd have a chat with her sister upon their return. Hmm...can't wait to see how that goes. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JAndy said:

I still don't understand why a 25 year old would go on this show. Like what's the rush? 

Exactly! The young one with Danielle (don't even know his name yet) said he's never been in love. Ok, then, why don't you just jump in to marriage with a total stranger.  She seems so much more mature than him. She's ready to get down and dirty and he doesn't have a clue. 

My gut tells me Ashley is going to be high maintenance. It's gonna get old for Anthony. 

Sheila is wound too tight. There has to be a happy medium between her boring ass and Nate's ADHD. Rocking her world in the bedroom might be a start. Keep tryin' Nate!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't agree with these experts on a lot of things they say.  For instance, they didn't think Nates brother living with them was "no big deal".  It is a big deal for anyone, especially a new bride.  The whole atmosphere in the house would be very different.  I think it was very gracious for Sheila to accept that.  I hope Nate appreciates it, but I don't think he does.

I just don't get why they would pick him between the shoes in the trunk and his brother living there. He married someone he wasn't dating over time that was ok and knew the situation..as well as knew the brother. She doesn't know Nate but has to get to know his brother as well on top of things. It makes for a pretty uncomfortable situation IMO. These so called "experts" don't care though and think of how things like this are just wrong for matches but looking at it as "what drama might this make". 

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Danielle (?) just kept talking about how handsome her husband Cody was, and good for her. I'm glad that she's attracted to him. I'm just sad that he hasn't been taking her clues that she was ready to seal the deal.  Is he a virgin? I also thought for a gym owner that he needed to work on his love handles a wee bit more but that's just a shallow observation on my part. 

I disliked that we got that same coming attraction showing Shelia extremely upset over something. I (after not seeing it this week) don't trust that it will be on next episode either. 

I thought Ashley and Anthony are cute as a button together. Her eyes light up. He's going to have his hands full with her sister but on the kayak he mentioned that he'd have a chat with her sister upon their return. Hmm...can't wait to see how that goes. 

That is good she is saying she is attracted to him because there was moments I wasn't sure if she was or not. He may not know how to take the cues. We have no idea about his past relationships/experiences. Plus on top of it he is a guy and many don't get the clues dropped in front of them a times. 

Just now, bichonblitz said:

Exactly! The young one with Danielle (don't even know his name yet) said he's never been in love. Ok, then, why don't you just jump in to marriage with a total stranger.  She seems so much more mature than him. She's ready to get down and dirty and he doesn't have a clue. 

My gut tells me Ashley is going to be high maintenance. It's gonna get old for Anthony. 

So that answered some of what I was asking. If he has never been in love why the hell did this show pick him? The question does start to come up on if he is a virgin or had much experience with sex at all? 

As for Anthony, we have no idea but he could have grown up with his mom being that way so he could be used to a high maintenance woman. LOL Its one of those things that if Ashley is he will just have to talk to her about it enough to get it to tone down. LOL

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, roseslg said:

Ive also very briefly dated those who were all about getting theirs while not thinking about whether I was satisfied.  I know she just met him and that may take time to develop, but I honestly don't see him taking the time.  He may be one of the folks who never go downtown (if you catch my drift).   Been there, done that.  

Oh yeah, dealbreaker. lol 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I'm going to assume (since its not on here yet) that maybe Sheila doesn't fully know how to discuss this subject and be open about things with him. As it is if she has never had an orgasm she doesn't know herself what could work for her so she can't really help guide him. I'm kind of thinking that even if she did and knew how that he might not listen to her on it all though. 

I don't think she is really an introvert. I think she is somewhere in between things. Even some extroverts are not like that and want time to chill out. My husband is pretty much an extrovert and I fall in between things at this point in my life (growing up more introvert though) but he doesn't always want to be all go go go. He likes to just relax and do nothing some days. Other days he wants to just go. Of course his job is pretty physically demanding unlike what Nate does so my husband has to have that time.

She might not be a true introvert but she's not as gregarious as he is. It seems as if this will be a problem for them and he seems kind of tone deaf to her need to move a little more slowly. 

Just makes me wonder if he took off in the bedroom like he did on that water ski. Unless I'm mistaken (half-ass paid attention so I could be), there wasn't any discussion about them going fast on the water skis. She said she thought they'd go slow but I wonder if she just assumed they would take it slow and he assumed they'd go fast and so...

1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

She might not be a true introvert but she's not as gregarious as he is. It seems as if this will be a problem for them and he seems kind of tone deaf to her need to move a little more slowly. 

Just makes me wonder if he took off in the bedroom like he did on that water ski. Unless I'm mistaken (half-ass paid attention so I could be), there wasn't any discussion about them going fast on the water skis. She said she thought they'd go slow but I wonder if she just assumed they would take it slow and he assumed they'd go fast and so...

Agree. I think he still has his player hat on and doesn't get to calm the heck down or that not everyone is the way he is. Yet who knows if he even cares either that she may feel that way. I think he is just used to the "club girls" who are similar in ways. 

Hmm, if I remember to I will try to pay some attention to it and see if it was discussed or not. If she didn't say something and assumed then she needs to speak up as well. Which I have to wonder how many relationships she has had as well. 

I feel like there has been way too much stock put into Shelia and whether or not she's having orgasms. It doesn't mean anything for this current relationship in terms of their success. Meaning...

He didn't give her an orgasm. No one has. It doesn't mean anything about him that he didn't because no one else has. 

Sometimes people aren't totally in sync right off the bat. It doesn't mean anything. You have to learn what works for the other person. It takes time. Not everyone works the same. It doesn't mean he was a selfish lover or whatever.

Some women fake it so you don't know you need to change things up.

I could understand looking at how him not giving her a orgasm might mess with Shelia on some level but it doesn't make me feel some type of way about Mate or Shelia.

I don't know. I think this show more than many others I've seen leaves itself open to a lot of conclusion jumping based on minimal information. I just try to be a bit more reserved in my judgements.

Even with the jet ski thing. I can see it from both sides. It's not just cut and dry to me. On one hand, she was nervous. Respect that. Take it easy. On the other hand, I can see mate thinking that I can open her up more if I let loose a bit because she feels so reserved at times. What I'm paying attention is how her obvious concerns are dealt with in his end. There has to be give and take. We will see. Based on the previews, I don't know what's going down.

• Love 8