Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yeah idk . Wendy did seem completely surprised.  Was she really in some facility,  legally or illegally? Who knows but she was imo completely in some kind of dark hole with that husband of hers. She spoke about talking to her sister on the phone for 2 hours . She was gitty about it. So,  Because of Kevin or of Wendy's own making she was cut off from everyone it seemed.  

Why she cut herself off from everyone, I have no idea.  She seems like a “tough cookie”.  I can’t believe she let him control her, but it seems to be true.  What a fool to waste all these years being under his thumb.  It took a little baby for her to wake up to reality.  She can still have a life.  If only she would be a little nicer to everyone, and get her shit together.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy actually discussed herself, her divorce and Little Kev (minimally) to great applause. Let’s hope that this encourages her to be more transparent. 

Yes - she got a standing ovation and chants of "Wendy!! Wendy!!" A few things she said: She doesn't have a boyfriend (gee, I hope not this soon!). She has had a couple guys up to her new "Bachelorette Pad" because she needs help lifting boxes and other things as she moves into her new place. She mentioned her security guy Web, someone named Marco, and DJ Boof. She is working on the divorce "pleasantly." She is reclaiming her life, and "loves men." She calls herself a single woman running around NYC. 

Later, she talked about a conversation with a girlfriend where they agreed how nice it was to not have a laundry hamper - they put the dirty clothes in the washing machine directly. Her girlfriend said she didn't miss having a man, even in bed, and Wendy joked that she DID like having guys in bed - implying that she has had men sleep in her bed since separating, but immediately said she was just kidding - "I'm playing!!" 

Other Hot Topics: Felicity Huffman - Wendy feels sorry for her, but believes she needs to serve time. Made a point of mentioning that Felicity's husband was not there to publicly support her - her brother was there, holding her hand. 

She talked about American Idol being renewed, and said that the judges either won't be back, or should accept much lower salaries. She said that Lionel Ritchie and Katy Perry didn't live up to their high salaries and should take pay cuts.

She congratulated Gregg Leakes on being cancer-free.

She talked about Kate Gosselin's dating show - Kate Plus Date. She says that Kate is mean, but there is something she likes about her. (Hmmm - maybe that she is mean?) She says that the 18 year old twins are sassy/rude in a good way. 

Moby was the guest and was very open about his life. There was also a chef, but Wendy couldn't eat because she was having a colonoscopy later today. Of course she wanted it all boxed up to take home.

Black Chyna will be a guest (tomorrow?)

Wendy seems a lot happier, but I wonder how long it will last if she doesn't land a "boyfriend." She seems to really want another relationship where she has a warm body in bed next to her. At least she is talking more candidly, though she did say how weird it was to talk about herself. She admitted that she has no problem discussing other people's personal lives, but it is uncomfortable when she is the Hot Topic. I read an article that said Big Kev isn't happy that Wendy is dishing about the divorce. Oh well!!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s very weird, the way they lived in secrecy.  Once in awhile, you need a cable guy, plumber, electrician, rug shampooer, etc.  it’s like she was kept a recluse, except for her parents coming in here n there.  She probably liked it that way as she looks very private.  Now she’s alive again and back to civilization.

I don't think she watched half of what she talked about.  Her crew probably filled her in on shows /news that was being talked about.  She always got so many things wrong.

I was shocked she spoke about her divorce personal life. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't think she watched half of what she talked about.  Her crew probably filled her in on shows /news that was being talked about.  She always got so many things wrong.

I was shocked she spoke about her divorce personal life. 

I read somewhere she got her information from reading the mags in the car riding to the studio in the mornings.  Those magazines you see on the newsstands in the supermarket, lol.  Not a trusted source, I believe.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t know about your area(s), but Wendy has a new sponsor in mine. 

CRACKER BARREL 

How does this compute? 

Is she promoting Cracker Barrel on the show?  There was talk of a new Cracker Barrel here on Long Island, but nothing yet.  I’ve bought some good stuff there for the house, kids toys, books, etc.  Things you don’t see anywhere else.  My closest store is in Connecticut.  Missed the show today.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Is she promoting Cracker Barrel on the show?  There was talk of a new Cracker Barrel here on Long Island, but nothing yet.  I’ve bought some good stuff there for the house, kids toys, books, etc.  Things you don’t see anywhere else.  My closest store is in Connecticut.  Missed the show today.

I thought Cracker Barrel was a restaurant 😁 

2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I thought Cracker Barrel was a restaurant 😁 

Restaurant and Country Store.  Store has costume jewelry, clothes, beautiful house things, toys from yesterday year, Candy, everything.  Stuff u can’t get anywhere else.  They are on major highways like I-95, etc.  I love it.  Great breakfasts with grits.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

All I can tell you is that she per se didn’t promote Cracker Barrel. However, the fact that they (CB) bought advertisements on her show is illuminating. That must mean that she is gaining viewership. Probably, because we all want to know how she is handling her divorce issues.  Still, that’s a significant plug. Money that Big Kevin can’t cash in on. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

All I can tell you is that she per se didn’t promote Cracker Barrel. However, the fact that they (CB) bought advertisements on her show is illuminating. That must mean that she is gaining viewership. Probably, because we all want to know how she is handling her divorce issues.  Still, that’s a significant plug. Money that Big Kevin can’t cash in on. 

Yes, I agree.  If CB is advertising in the tri-state area, they must be coming here.  I’m watching the “new Wendy” today.  She’s fired up, confident and almost back to normal.  It’s as if she came out of the fog.  I couldn’t believe her interview with Black China or should I say interrogation?  Wow!  Now she wants Bethenny Frankel on, grill her, and then go to lunch. Lol.  The new Wendy has risen.  Unbelievable.

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't care about most of the crap that happened during this episode - no more Hunter Foundation, colonoscopy talk, Bethany Frankel's love life, Loqueesha movie, etc.  It does suck if there are real folks that will lose jobs or rehab help from the loss of the Hunter Foundation, but half of me wonders if this was a real thing or some kind of tax write-off thing or worse, something Kevin was doing to get donations that ended up in his pocket.

Did anyone else get a weird glitch after the first Blac Chyna segment?  They went to a commercial and then the BC segment started again with her coming out to the Wendy sofa.  I thought "oh, this is probably a pre-taped segment" and the folks in the control room screwed up.  When they finally got things fixed and got back to the (live?) show, it looked to me like Wendy was visibly upset.  

I know Wendy said that this is the first time BC has done a talk show but BC didn't even appear to know where to go when she made her entrance; instead of going towards the stage, she seemed to be going backstage again.  Anyway, I muted the whole segment because all I see in BC is a gold-digging sponge.  Makeup line?  Mess.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

didn't care about most of the crap that happened during this episode - no more Hunter Foundation

I asked (on this forum last week) about the status of the Hunter Foundation and their drug rehab program because there has been no mention of it since all the bragging Wendy did about its success in the beginning. So thanks Wendy's "people" for responding to my question! 😁

• Love 1

Wendy seems almost TOO happy lately. 

I have to give the woman credit. It's like she has no shame, and it works for her. First she acts like a mess on air but says nothing is wrong, then she lies repeatedly about what is going on, then after the soberhouse shit comes out she makes a weird partial "I'm seeking support" explanation for which she is heralded, then after the actual truth comes out, she stonewalls us, then a few weeks later it's like, oh hey, I know y'all know everything, wink wink, cue standing ovation!

• Love 11

I've watched Wendy interview a lot of, um, minor celebrities... but Blac Chyna was a new low.  She even got an outfit change.  I would appreciate Chyna a lot more if she had a sense of humor about herself and her gold diggerosity.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Damn! Wendy was ratchet with Blac Chyna and it made me LOL literally. She was truly shameless in all of her glory and owned it. This is how Wendy was like on her radio show, audacious, bawdy, mixed with humor in questioning her guests. Blac Chyna rolled with it and hid any discomfort she may have had.  Wendy seems alive more than ever, it seems like being away from Kelvin has really brought her back to life.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wendy seems almost TOO happy lately. 

I have to give the woman credit. It's like she has no shame, and it works for her. First she acts like a mess on air but says nothing is wrong, then she lies repeatedly about what is going on, then after the soberhouse shit comes out she makes a weird partial "I'm seeking support" explanation for which she is heralded, then after the actual truth comes out, she stonewalls us, then a few weeks later it's like, oh hey, I know y'all know everything, wink wink, cue standing ovation!

Hummmm,  "It's like she has no shame....."  Could be cause it's true.  "Believe you me......"  She is really talking about herself these days.

"I'm a single woman running around NY."  Recently separated.  I always thought single meant not married.  "A young a pretty NY City girl."  Delusional ya think?  Wendy hasn't been a "girl" for 40 years.  BTW, I hate meeting single men that are married.

"I do date."  After 3-4 weeks from separation?  She is going to get into trouble with her desperation for a man.

Edited by Kira53
Finished watching the segment.
  • Love 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Hummmm,  "It's like she has no shame....."  Could be cause it's true.  "Believe you me......"  She is really talking about herself these days.

"I'm a single woman running around NY."  Recently separated.  I always thought single meant not married.  "A young a pretty NY City girl."  Delusional ya think?  Wendy hasn't been a "girl" for 40 years.  BTW, I hate meeting single men that are married.

"I do date."  After 3-4 weeks from separation?  She is going to get into trouble with her desperation for a man.

I think it is all a front by Wendy to show Kelvin that she does not need him or miss him.  I fear for her sobriety with all of the partying and going out that she is doing. One thing is clear is that Kelvin kept her isolated from everybody, she is like a kid in a candy store now.  It seems like she is out almost every night..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

AMEN & HALLELUJAH! Preach it KIRA!

Wendy is full of lies and fakeness. She is however, in touch with how to manipulate and deceive her "fans". 

She knows what they want to hear (obviously not the truth) and that's what she gives them. More bull$hit than a Texas rodeo.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Does she think she's the new Carrie Bradshaw? this ain't Sex and the City, boo. You gotta love Wendy's huge delusional ego. Makes you wonder how Kelvin could keep such control over her and how she let him do it. I thought it would take her years of therapy to get over all that he did to her. Silly me.

1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

That is inevitable. Hold on to your money, Wendy!

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That is inevitable. Hold on to your money, Wendy!

Wise words @bichonblitz

Side note: I was gobsmacked that Black China’s dimples were created by piercing that have since been removed. I thought she sounded genuine with Wendy, but W got too full of herself for once getting some facts straight (or that BC just went with whatever WW said as long as she didn’t ask “that” question).

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

thought it would take her years of therapy to get over all that he did to her. Silly me.

Yes. Wendy has made a MIRACULOUS recovery in a nanosecond with her addiction issues, her husband controlling her issues, her fear of going outside of her home. 

And Wendy for the love of whatever it is you believe in: WHERE IS YOUR DOG! Now you claim you live in a penthouse apartment in NYC? Manhattan? WHERE IS SHAQ? Please Wendys people who read this...give us a TRUTHFUL update on the dog (NOT Kelvin but the Cane Corso Shaq)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think it is all a front by Wendy to show Kelvin that she does not need him or miss him.  I fear for her sobriety with all of the partying and going out that she is doing. One thing is clear is that Kelvin kept her isolated from everybody, she is like a kid in a candy store now.  It seems like she is out almost every night..

I hope not, but it's crossed my mind too--that she is putting on this show for an audience of one. It's just so weird that she's done a complete 180 in a few short months. I hope for her sake that she really has had an "awakening" but at this point it's turning into a great revenge fantasy rom-com of "he done her wrong and she comes out on top, happy at last." All that's missing is the new man who understands and cherishes her. The End. Roll the credits. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Wendy is hanging out with Black China. How is Wendy not drinking. That's a fast recovery. In other news...

Wendy Williams Is Dissolving Her Foundation for Addicts with Estranged Husband Kevin Hunter

Wendy Williams is dissolving The Hunter Foundation, the non-profit organization she founded in 2014 with her now-estranged husband Kevin Hunter.

The foundation is dedicated to providing resources for drug education, prevention and rehabilitation programs and works to support people as they transition from addiction to recovery.

Williams, 54, announced the news on Wednesday’s episode of her talk show with an official statement, noting that she “remains committed to helping others in the struggles of life.” She said she would be dedicating herself to “other foundations.”

The talk show host, who was living in a sober house up until recently, has been increasingly open about her own struggles with substance abuse, including a cocaine addiction in the past.

In March, she announced that The Hunter Foundation had partnered with T.R.U.S.T., an organization dedicated to building a bridge from treatment to long-term recovery, to launch a national resource hotline.

Edited by druzy
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. Wendy has made a MIRACULOUS recovery in a nanosecond with her addiction issues, her husband controlling her issues, her fear of going outside of her home. 

And Wendy for the love of whatever it is you believe in: WHERE IS YOUR DOG! Now you claim you live in a penthouse apartment in NYC? Manhattan? WHERE IS SHAQ? Please Wendys people who read this...give us a TRUTHFUL update on the dog (NOT Kelvin but the Cane Corso Shaq)

Somebody said she had the dog.  It makes sense since she is alone now when Little Kev will be in school.  I guess she has a dog walker, being in the city now.  I can’t see her in the street in the morning walking the dog.

• Love 1

It’s amazing that all of a sudden she wants friends.  She went out with Black China, her pal now,and wants Bethenny Frankel on to spill her dirt.  Good luck with that.  Bethenny will not come on to spill the beans on Jason, no way.  I would be shocked if she did.  It’s amazing how a little baby changed Wendy’s life for the better.

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw an ad for the upcoming RuPaul talk show, and that made me wonder if Wendy's recent sparkle and liveliness and the energy she's been pouring into the show may be due to the fact that she knows she has competition coming soon.  You have to go the extra mile to keep your viewers interested and Wendy may be overcompensating to keep what she has.  I don't watch Drag Race but I like RuPaul, so I probably will check his show out - probably many people.   Plus this Tamron Hall show is on the horizon but I have no idea what format it will have.  Tamron is regarded as a newswoman so maybe she'll be concentrating on that and not entertainment.

I realize that these shows are syndicated and who knows if they'll be on same/different times, but this could mean a shift in viewer loyalties. which equal ratings and sponsors.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

I don't understand why these news reports keep saying the Hunter Foundation was started to help people who are struggling with addiction problems. The Hunter Foundation has been around for years and IIRC, it didn't offer any services for addicts. I think they had a summer camp for inner city/at risk young girls. That's what I remember from my not-too-in depth research! lol

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I hope it's not an unpleasant experience for that producer to work with Sweaty Geddie. I was surprised when the news came out that he would be an EP on Tamron's show.

I just finished the book Ladies Who Punch about his and the ladies time at the View. I don’t know that I would trust him after reading what he did on that show and to Barbara Walters. Best wishes Tamron and thank you for giving a WW staff member a chance at a good show. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Somebody said she had the dog.  It makes sense since she is alone now when Little Kev will be in school.  I guess she has a dog walker, being in the city now.  I can’t see her in the street in the morning walking the dog.

That would be easy enough to verify. Certainly a paparazzi could camp out nearby and see who walks the dog...or if it even still has a home with Wendy. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

That would be easy enough to verify. Certainly a paparazzi could camp out nearby and see who walks the dog...or if it even still has a home with Wendy. 

And Wendy's dog is a huge breed in size and weight. Not easily unnoticed especially in NYC. But still no sitings of "Shaq". Wendy is trying way too hard with her "I'm a single, happy, fun-loving, cool divorcee". 

Today's interview with the 2 young female guests ( I have no idea who they are) would have been the PERFECT time for Wendy to mention her dog since she was talking to these 2 young ladies about owning pets. But NO....no mention of Wendy still having her dog.

Dogtime.com/cane corso gives a good idea of the breeds specific positives and negatives.  and it gave the breed 1 out of 5 stars for adapts well to apartment living. Wendy doesn't have the dog. IMOO. But she does have lots of die hard fans who believe everything she says is true.

And is "we changed numbers" the new, hip way to say "we exchanged numbers"? 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I hope not, but it's crossed my mind too--that she is putting on this show for an audience of one. It's just so weird that she's done a complete 180 in a few short months. I hope for her sake that she really has had an "awakening" but at this point it's turning into a great revenge fantasy rom-com of "he done her wrong and she comes out on top, happy at last." All that's missing is the new man who understands and cherishes her. The End. Roll the credits. 

Of course she is trying to impact Kelvin and make him jealous.  I think that ship has passed but he is going to miss the gravy train.  But now that he doesn't have a job Wendy is going to have to pay him out of her pocket and not out of the production budget.  

6 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

3 hours ago, druzy said:

Wendy is hanging out with Black China. How is Wendy not drinking. That's a fast recovery. In other news...

Wendy Williams Is Dissolving Her Foundation for Addicts with Estranged Husband Kevin Hunter

Yeah,  real sober living.  So did she escape her sober coach and go on a binge requiring an ER visit or was that PR too?  But she does know what to feed her studio audience.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s amazing that all of a sudden she wants friends.  She went out with Black China, her pal now,and wants Bethenny Frankel on to spill her dirt.  Good luck with that.  Bethenny will not come on to spill the beans on Jason, no way.  I would be shocked if she did.  It’s amazing how a little baby changed Wendy’s life for the better.

Friends, we know what Wendy thinks about friends.  These people are useful to her now so they are now friends.  Whatever happened to her sober girlfriends.  Oh, not useful anymore.

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't understand why these news reports keep saying the Hunter Foundation was started to help people who are struggling with addiction problems. The Hunter Foundation has been around for years and IIRC, it didn't offer any services for addicts. I think they had a summer camp for inner city/at risk young girls. That's what I remember from my not-too-in depth research! lol

Thanks for pointing that out.  It was for taxes purposes and PR anyway.  You know that Wendy isn't a "do-gooder" or caring person.

• Love 8

So I DID recall correctly, the Hunter Foundation NOT being into drug addiction UNTIL Wendy (allegedly, supposedly) had an alcohol/ drug addiction earlier this year. I think that entire "'Wendy's in rehab" news story was nothing but a guise for Wendy to hide from what really was going on with her.

I despise liars. If you're going to lie Wendy, at least have the decency to be good at it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

So I DID recall correctly, the Hunter Foundation NOT being into drug addiction UNTIL Wendy (allegedly, supposedly) had an alcohol/ drug addiction earlier this year. I think that entire "'Wendy's in rehab" news story was nothing but a guise for Wendy to hide from what really was going on with her.

I despise liars. If you're going to lie Wendy, at least have the decency to be good at it.

Why do you feel that she is lying about a relapse? Wendy has always been open about her addiction issues back in her radio days.

• Love 1

I don't believe any of Wendy's behavior on her show  (prior to her taking a respite from the show due to her claiming she was an alcoholic/drug addict) was caused by alcohol or drugs. Health issues due to Grave's Disease and thyroid issues...yes. But I believe she just used the drug/alcohol problem as an excuse to hide from what was really happening in her life....Kelvin and the mistress and the baby.

THIS IS JUST MOO. I'm not a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, drug/alcohol/addiction counselor or expert on anything. 

IMOO she's still fake and FOS. 

• Love 6

I think it's interesting that folks thought Wendy was fake when she wouldn't talk about herself; now she talks about herself and people still say she's fake.  

That's why I believe you can't please people.  Please yourself, at least you'll be pleased.

• Love 2
(edited)

I understand your point Neurochick. However, when Wendy was saying nothing she was still hiding from the truth...whatever the truth was/is.  

Now she's talking and it still sounds like b.s. to ME. And I might very well be the ONLY person with this opinion, but I'm standing my ground on my unpopular opinions.

But most importantly, I love and respect all of my fellow PT posters and their opinions❤ 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 9
(edited)

Uhhh... what is going on?  Wendy was hanging with Blac Chyna all night?  I thought she was in a sober living house?  Wendy sounds infatuated with her.  BC certainly knows how to snag a come up.  What was the story about playing with her boobs with BC, and Lil Kevin was looking on, and then Wendy started crying?

It was cute to see the audience support her with tons of applause though.

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And Wendy's dog is a huge breed in size and weight. Not easily unnoticed especially in NYC. But still no sitings of "Shaq". Wendy is trying way too hard with her "I'm a single, happy, fun-loving, cool divorcee". 

Today's interview with the 2 young female guests ( I have no idea who they are) would have been the PERFECT time for Wendy to mention her dog since she was talking to these 2 young ladies about owning pets. But NO....no mention of Wendy still having her dog.

Dogtime.com/cane corso gives a good idea of the breeds specific positives and negatives.  and it gave the breed 1 out of 5 stars for adapts well to apartment living. Wendy doesn't have the dog. IMOO. But she does have lots of die hard fans who believe everything she says is true.

I only hope she didn’t give the dog away like Dorit did on Housewives of BH.  Why hasn’t she talked about the dog?  She blabbed about everything else.  I don’t think little Kev would allow it.  I hope not anyhow.  Who could we ask?

• Love 1

Wendy will never tell us the truth about her "beloved" dog. Not yet. Maybe someday. Maybe never. And who would be stupid enough at this point, to believe anything Wendy says. Not me (party of one, so far)

• Love 7
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wendy will never tell us the truth about her "beloved" dog. Not yet. Maybe someday. Maybe never. And who would be stupid enough at this point, to believe anything Wendy says. Not me (party of one, so far)

Make that party of two.

• Love 5

The accountant's for the foundation share Kelvin's last name 🙄. It really was a tax shelter- the 990's read like a stock portfolio. Anyway the foundation's assets were almost 8 million as of 2017 do they liquify the assets and split that 50/50?

Wendy mentions the foundation here:

13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

It sounds more like an ignorant way to say "exchanged" as they have totally different meanings.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And I might very well be the ONLY person with this opinion, but I'm standing my ground on my unpopular opinions.

Your opinions are not unpopular on this forum @chenoa333! Wendy was trying too hard to make us believe all was well in Hunterville when in fact it was a lie, now she is going wayyyyy over to the other side to portray that she is happy,  carefree and running around NYC. Is there no middle ground with this woman? 

And I find it hard to believe any condo/co-op board in NYC would allow a cane corso in the building. Those dogs are huge, not meant for apt. living and those boards are ruthless. So......where is the dog??

• Love 10