Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

For the folks who say they're still getting Wendy reruns instead of Jerry, don't go by the schedule or what your cable station listing says.  My provider program guide indicates that a rerun is airing but it's actually new shows with Jerry.  Just saying, tune to the show itself to see what's going on - you may be getting Jerry.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

For the folks who say they're still getting Wendy reruns instead of Jerry, don't go by the schedule or what your cable station listing says.  My provider program guide indicates that a rerun is airing but it's actually new shows with Jerry.  Just saying, tune to the show itself to see what's going on - you may be getting Jerry.

Thanks, but I did tune in only to see a WW repeat. I feel for Jerry that although he was announced to appear as a replacement for three weeks, he hasn’t been picked up by all of the Fox affiliates. It really doesn’t give the powers at be a chance to see how he would really do on a national level. I actually enjoyed his interview with the Tres Amigas that I caught on YouTube. 

• Love 1

I think most of us are hoping, against all odds, that WW will be gone from our TV's when her contract is up.

There are many other talented women/men of color who could host a fresh, new version of what old Wendy is doing. And I would love to see fresh and new. I'm sick of "How YOU doin?'".  It's so old and boring. Just like Wendy.

Lots of YouTubers who could replace WW. Oh well, I can only hope.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

There are many other talented women/men of color who could host a fresh, new version of what old Wendy is doing. 

I thought Sherri Shepherd did a good job. She’s always so busy so she would be hard to get into a contract at this point. She has alimony and a son with special needs. Currently she is doing other multiple shows. Got to hand it to her for being such a hard worker and not getting any/much negative press. 

• Love 9

After 4 days of him being on the air, my cable provider has finally changed their online guide.  Instead of the schedule having Wendy reruns in the listing, they now have "NEW Jerry O'" in the Wendy time slot.

• Love 1

Getting Jerry O here on Long Island, N.Y. for the fourth day now, but just tuned in for a few snippets.  Please don’t hate me, but he’s too much for my taste. I’m sure he’s a great guy, but too hyper for me.  He’s all over the place, and I’m wondering if he’s this way all the time.  Sorry you all.  I know people love him, but I just can’t.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Getting Jerry O here on Long Island, N.Y. for the fourth day now, but just tuned in for a few snippets.  Please don’t hate me, but he’s too much for my taste. I’m sure he’s a great guy, but too hyper for me.  He’s all over the place, and I’m wondering if he’s this way all the time.  Sorry you all.  I know people love him, but I just can’t.

I'm not watching for the same reason. He seems like a really nice guy, but the hyper coupled with him not seeming to have any boundaries is too cringey for me. 

• Love 1
On 8/13/2019 at 6:22 PM, seacliffsal said:

This week I'm still getting Wendy reruns; no sign of Jerry O.

My local channel is not carrying it either. I hate that shit. Everyone should get the same scheduling. 

• Love 2

Here's what I posted in the Jerry O thread a few days ago....

It looks like episodes will be uploaded to the official YouTube channel that was started for the show. So if anyone wants to see it and it's not airing in your area you can watch it there. I think it may only be airing on the local FOX O&Os (Owned and Operated) channels. 

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Here's what I posted in the Jerry O thread a few days ago....

It looks like episodes will be uploaded to the official YouTube channel that was started for the show. So if anyone wants to see it and it's not airing in your area you can watch it there. I think it may only be airing on the local FOX O&Os (Owned and Operated) channels. 

Great, that leaves me out again. I know it's hard to believe but there are still some of us who do not have broadband in our areas and have to pay for our GBS so no 21st century internet for us!😡🤬

On 8/14/2019 at 3:53 PM, chenoa333 said:

I think most of us are hoping, against all odds, that WW will be gone from our TV's when her contract is up.

There are many other talented women/men of color who could host a fresh, new version of what old Wendy is doing. And I would love to see fresh and new. I'm sick of "How YOU doin?'".  It's so old and boring. Just like Wendy.

Lots of YouTubers who could replace WW. Oh well, I can only hope.

How about a nice respected hostess who has good guests on,  nice things to sell, a cook cooking different recipes and some entertainment news about stars that we all know, not rappers that most of us don’t know.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

How about a nice respected hostess who has good guests on,  nice things to sell, a cook cooking different recipes and some entertainment news about stars that we all know, not rappers that most of us don’t know.

I think think that day is coming. We just have to be patient and let WW contract expire. And hope that Jerry O is NOT going be considered to replace her. Jerry reminds me of this comedian (he's dead now) whose name, IIRC, was Rip Torn. Loud, obnoxious, goofy idiot. My apologies to Rip and Jerry for my brutal honesty😁

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I think think that day is coming. We just have to be patient and let WW contract expire. And hope that Jerry O is NOT going be considered to replace her. Jerry reminds me of this comedian (he's dead now) whose name, IIRC, was Rip Torn. Loud, obnoxious, goofy idiot. My apologies to Rip and Jerry for my brutal honesty😁

Jerry O and John Stamos.  Quite a difference, but I guess Rebecca goes for the funny goofy type.  No offense to Jerry, but a little too all over the place.  He is a nice guy, but.

• Love 4

Well, I have to take everything I said about Jerry O back.  Tuned in this morn to be nosey and was hysterical laughing when Jerry was talking Reality shows.  One show in particular, 90 Day Fiancé had me rolling.  He certainly knows his Reality shows to a T.  If he tones it down a bit and keeps up with interesting guests and shows that we all are familiar with, I’ll watch.  BTW, what’s WW doin?  This show today, was actually better than any show WW put on in the last year.  It wasn’t all about her, it was about the stuff we want to hear.

• Love 4

Another tour date bites the dust.

After hyping her NJPAC show, which was scheduled to take place on Saturday, Aug. 17, on social media, Wendy Williams has officially canceled the performance, Page Six has confirmed. The Newark, New Jersey, venue told us that the daytime talk show host has a “scheduling conflict.”

There are no plans to reschedule as of now.

Based on ticket availability on Thursday, it seemed very few people purchased tickets to Williams’ “For the Record…Umm Hmm! Tour.” Williams, 55, previously canceled stops in Detroit and St. Petersburg and partied with friends instead.

“Wendy is proving to everyone that’s been pulling for her that she’s incapable of staying on track,” an insider told Page Six on Friday. “What happened to the strong businesswoman she’s claiming to be who was taking charge and doing big things? If anything, this mess of a tour has proven she can’t do anything for herself.”

A rep for Williams didn’t immediately return our request for comment.

• LOL 3
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

What’s the story with her now?  Is Jerry leaving soon?  Is she coming back to her show?  Has her contract been renewed or not?  Anyone know what’s going on?  Now I feel bad if Jerry leaves.  He was getting good guests and was trying very hard to finally get his own gig.  Guess it’s up to the producers and station?  Jerry already moved to New York, right?

• Love 1
On 8/15/2019 at 5:37 PM, chenoa333 said:

Jerry reminds me of this comedian (he's dead now) whose name, IIRC, was Rip Torn. Loud, obnoxious, goofy idiot. My apologies to Rip and Jerry for my brutal honesty

Sorry to be that person, but I think you meant Rip Taylor, not Rip Torn.  Rip Taylor was that flamboyant comedian that shot confetti into the air at the end of his act.  Rip Torn was an actor who was in many movies, but I remember him from the HBO comedy "The Larry Sanders Show".

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, I have to take everything I said about Jerry O back.  Tuned in this morn to be nosey and was hysterical laughing when Jerry was talking Reality shows.  One show in particular, 90 Day Fiancé had me rolling.  He certainly knows his Reality shows to a T.  If he tones it down a bit and keeps up with interesting guests and shows that we all are familiar with, I’ll watch.  BTW, what’s WW doin?  This show today, was actually better than any show WW put on in the last year.  It wasn’t all about her, it was about the stuff we want to hear.

He really does know his reality tv. I remember him saying he got into it after his kids were born; his wife was working and he was a stay at home dad and started getting into all the shows. 

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

What’s the story with her now?  Is Jerry leaving soon?  Is she coming back to her show?  Has her contract been renewed or not?  Anyone know what’s going on?  Now I feel bad if Jerry leaves.  He was getting good guests and was trying very hard to finally get his own gig.  Guess it’s up to the producers and station?  Jerry already moved to New York, right?

My understanding was that this is a 3- week "preview" of Jerry's show, if it gets picked up. He's just using Wendy's time slot now because it's available. It doesn't seem they are auditioning him as WW's replacement, but who knows. She's a producer because of course she wants to take credit if things work out for him. But, again I think WW'S limelight stealing in the show opener is over the top, even for her.

I don't think Jerry's moved his family to NY; they are just there with him for the 3 weeks of filming. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Sorry to be that person, but I think you meant Rip Taylor, not Rip Torn.  Rip Taylor was that flamboyant comedian that shot confetti into the air at the end of his act.  Rip Torn was an actor who was in many movies, but I remember him from the HBO comedy "The Larry Sanders Show".

Thanks Patty! I had a feeling when I posted that comment that I had the wrong Rip! Lol!

20 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I noticed she has cancelled more upcoming shows.  She is totally killing her own career. They have her talk show buried at 3 A.M. on POP.  The only other talk showI get on Fox is The Real.

Not enough ticket sales.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

If she comes back, she better change her format.  Who knows all these people she’s hanging out with?  Who is she going to have as guests?  How can she do “Ask Wendy” when her life is a mess. Who believes anything she says anymore?  Not me.

12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Would it be too soon for me to say BUH BYE WENDY! 😁

No.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I didn't ask the question out of annoyance, just curiosity! I don't even have 500 posts and certainly no authority around here. I just know the mods set up a separate thread for "Jerry O" (it's here in the "other non-fiction shows" area) but there aren't many posts there. Obviously, there is some overlap between his and WW shows.

I was going to comment on today's show in his thread but then saw Gem posted hers here in WW. I just went ahead and posted mine in his instead of responding here, since it really didn't involve WW at all. *shrugs*

Maybe the mods can clarify.

My dear CynicalGirl, you are welcome to post on the Ww thread, the Jerry O thread. Anywhere you want. I'm not a PT Mod but damn well gonna say that we (the PT posters) love and welcome everyone's POV and you can come here and say whatever u like. We ❤ you! So now I shall wait for a mod to tell me I need to GO!😁

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Is there a mod topic/thread where posters can ask questions when they're confused?

Possibly. But I don't know how to find that specific thread and I don't have time to research everything on this forum. My general "rule of thumb" is: say what I like and if the mods don't reprimand me....I'm good!😁 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Is there a mod topic/thread where posters can ask questions when they're confused?

I don't know if there's a general topic, but there's a tab at the top of the forum listing all the mods and you can message them. Not sure if there's a specific mod assigned here; it seems some shows have more active mod involvement. 

PrincessPurrsALot is the mod who started the Jerry O thread.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Wendy Watchers,

I am the Mod for both Wendy Williams and Jerry O.  I did move some posts over to Jerry's show thread.  If you're talking about what happened on Jerry's show or about Jerry the person, it is best to do that in his thread.  If you're talking about Wendy or what will happen next in Ms. Williams world of never-ending tales, that it best done in this thread.  No mods or posters were harmed in the mixup so we're all good.

You can always PM a Mod you see posting in a forum.  We have shields next to our names.  (Note, some forums have master mod notes that list the mods for that forum).  Otherwise any Mod can find the correct person for you. 

Questions?  Here are the site FAQs.  

Welcome to the site, new posters! 

Γειά Σου Hello GIF by Cheezburger

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/19/2019 at 12:48 PM, druzy said:
On 8/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, chenoa333 said:

My dear CynicalGirl, you are welcome to post on the Ww thread, the Jerry O thread. Anywhere you want. I'm not a PT Mod but damn well gonna say that we (the PT posters) love and welcome everyone's POV and you can come here and say whatever u like. We ❤ you! So now I shall wait for a mod to tell me I need to GO!😁

Haha, you are too much Chenoa, in a GOOD way.  You make everyone comfortable.  CynicalGirl, everything is good.  No one knows what’s going on, where to post, etc., but Who Cares.  As long as we have a good time.  I don’t even know what I’m doin at this point.  Who cares, right?  All I know is now I realize who was running the show correctly.  Kelvin, that’s who.  Now, everything is going down south.  She just can’t keep it together.  I am loving Jerry O.  He needs a chance after all these years.  He’s trying so hard and i hope he gets his own show wherever it will be. 😍

• Love 2

Thttps://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/08/blind-item-5_19.html

Although this came up here as a blind item, the Daily Mail also featured a story about how she wasn’t allowed into his birthday party. 

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/08/blind-item-1_22.html

That is just so sad. I had really hoped that after her (alleged?) breakup with Big Kev that she would get her life together. I’m also wondering if she is going to come back from hiatus on time. 

• Love 2

Wendy Williams wants to be the realest in the game.

Wendy Williams is the unabashed id of daytime talk TV, a host who gleefully splashes around in the same celebrity gossip pool into which her peers genteelly wade. Williams’s brashness, honed during her ’90s run as a controversy-seeking D.J. on New York’s Hot 97 radio station and then perfected over the last decade on “The Wendy Williams Show,” has made her nearly as much of a celebrity as those whose foibles and failings she scrutinizes live on camera five times a week. But over the last year the 55-year-old has, for the first time, found herself in the tabloid glare, as her marriage of 21 years collapsed amid substance abuse and rumors of infidelity. She has learned some lessons, though not the ones you might expect. “No,” Williams said about whether her recent experience has diminished her enthusiasm for dishing dirt. “My show is what it is, and I love what I love.” Which is? “Intruding in on the lives of celebrities.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/26/magazine/wendy-williams-interview.html?action=click&module=Editors Picks&pgtype=Homepage

• Love 1
On 8/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, Pearson80 said:

50 cent won't stop going after Wendy on social media. Wow! Wendy has spent years dogging people left and right, yet, I still feel kinda bad for her.

I don't. 

I don't even know what started their "feud" but he hates her and she knows it. So what does she do? She crashes his party, basically taunting him. For what? Attention, publicity and victimhood? She can dish it out but can't take it? I'n no fan of his, but fuck that. 

• Love 5

Latest tabloid gossip: Wendy went to a strip club, apparently NeNe Leakes was there and they made up. They are pals now. Barf! Gee, Wendy is really classing it up. Going to strip clubs and kissing ass. She really is gutter trash. Her parents must be so proud. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

That radio show was a waste of time. I think she definitely sat with someone she felt safe with as they were talking about her being at his birthday party. The only interesting question that he asked was how Wendy felt after a little Kevin punched his father.  

Wendy was definitely all over the place/talking in circles/referencing things that had nothing to do with the conversation, and I think either can’t hold a thought in her head or was really trying to deflect the conversation which she did allude to a little bit. Her new thing to say, which she had been doing on the show lately, is to constantly say, “nope...nope...” when a serious question was attempted and, “what ha(d) happen(ed)was…” while she’s telling random stories like she’s all tough  

She also alluded to coming in late and was eating her sandwich and talking with her mouthful at times during the interview. 

She was also gifted a brand new iPhone which she did not say thank you for and did not seem to appreciate whatsoever. And they talked about someone who was in the studio sitting not 2 feet away from her who was a super fan and she didn’t even turn and acknowledge him… She said to the interviewer “tell him no selfies - I’m leaving as soon as the show is over.“

I don’t really think that she has a man. I think she’s going out for appearances and using her son is to act as her semi-sober coach in public  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, abc123 said:

That radio show was a waste of time. I think she definitely sat with someone she felt safe with as they were talking about her being at his birthday party. The only interesting question that he asked was how Wendy felt after a little Kevin punched his father.  

Wendy was definitely all over the place/talking in circles/referencing things that had nothing to do with the conversation, and I think either can’t hold a thought in her head or was really trying to deflect the conversation which she did allude to a little bit. Her new thing to say, which she had been doing on the show lately, is to constantly say, “nope...nope...” when a serious question was attempted and, “what ha(d) happen(ed)was…” while she’s telling random stories like she’s all tough  

She also alluded to coming in late and was eating her sandwich and talking with her mouthful at times during the interview. 

She was also gifted a brand new iPhone which she did not say thank you for and did not seem to appreciate whatsoever. And they talked about someone who was in the studio sitting not 2 feet away from her who was a super fan and she didn’t even turn and acknowledge him… She said to the interviewer “tell him no selfies - I’m leaving as soon as the show is over.“

I don’t really think that she has a man. I think she’s going out for appearances and using her son is to act as her semi-sober coach in public  

She used to say that she couldn’t hob non with celebrities because she had to be able to write about them. (Now she does) Friendship and gossip didn’t mix in that case. There have been many reports about how unfriendly she is to her fans. Does she get along with anyone? Or does she think that she is above everyone? 

• Love 2

I find it hard to believe Nene leaks and WW are "friends". Nene doesn't kiss ass and I doubt she gives a $hit about WW. Just seems like a load of crap..all of a sudden "celebrities" who WW talked trash about, are all wanting to hang out with her. WW behavior is consistent with that of a crazy, lying, delusional biatch.

And I'll go out on a limb here and say I think she's dippin' and doin' drugs and alcohol. But no sex. She can't find any men dumb or desperate enough to do her. 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, chenoa333 said:

And I'll go out on a limb here and say I think she's dippin' and doin' drugs and alcohol. But no sex. She can't find any men dumb or desperate enough to do her. 

Now it's coming out that she was drinking Tequila at the strip club. Wouldn't surprise me if she was snorting a few lines, too. As for men, that story about the Dr. boyfriend sure fizzled out fast, didn't it? And that young stud she was hanging with was all for publicity. He was paid to show up for the paps and hold hands with old bag Wendy and she bough him bags of designer clothes for his time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

**I posted this over in the Jerry O thread also**

I watched the opening 15 minutes today and again, every gossip item that Jerry talked about turned into something about HIM.  He'll spend about 15 seconds setting up an item to talk about (Kim K, Leslie Jones, Alec Baldwin were a few today), then suddenly he's wasting 3-4 minutes of show time on HIS spider problem, HIS game show fiasco and HIS time as a young actor (complete with clips of his scenes in "Stand By Me").  I thought Wendy talked a lot about herself... Jerry has her beat by a mile.  Then, there are all of the filmed on-the-street inserts and opening segments, devised to stretch out the hour.  I find them tedious.  Another annoying thing - everyone that Jerry discusses during the HT segments he LOVES!!!! them.  He ends up coming off too 'ass kissy'. 

The guy can be funny but either his ego is out of control or the producers are unable to find better, more entertaining ways to fill the time.  I wish him well but I would not watch if he does get his own show.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

**I posted this over in the Jerry O thread also**

I watched the opening 15 minutes today and again, every gossip item that Jerry talked about turned into something about HIM.  He'll spend about 15 seconds setting up an item to talk about (Kim K, Leslie Jones, Alec Baldwin were a few today), then suddenly he's wasting 3-4 minutes of show time on HIS spider problem, HIS game show fiasco and HIS time as a young actor (complete with clips of his scenes in "Stand By Me").  I thought Wendy talked a lot about herself... Jerry has her beat by a mile.  Then, there are all of the filmed on-the-street inserts and opening segments, devised to stretch out the hour.  I find them tedious.  Another annoying thing - everyone that Jerry discusses during the HT segments he LOVES!!!! them.  He ends up coming off too 'ass kissy'. 

The guy can be funny but either his ego is out of control or the producers are unable to find better, more entertaining ways to fill the time.  I wish him well but I would not watch if he does get his own show.  

All of your comments in your  post are just some of the reasons I can't watch Jerry. And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't WW one of the producers of his Jerry O show? Talk about a woman (WW) having his balls in a vice grip. I guess WW wants to be certain she has a foot or toe in the door in case she goes swirling down the drain of unpopularity.

So there. I mentioned WW and Jerry O in the same thread. Should my opinion be in the WW thread ONLY? Or just Jerry O? Or should I just go away cause I think I annoy the mods! Lol.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2