Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy is so hateful and bitter. It is unreal. I hope tweeter went after her, for bashing Oprah. She is so nasty now.  She is jealous of Oprah because she will never hobnob with the elites of Hollywood.  She will never have the respect and adulation that Oprah gets.. Wendy has nobody to blame, but, herself. She spent years dogging people on her radio show.   Recently, she had some really nasty things to say about Kelly Rowland.  We all know that Kelly should have jettison Matthew Knowles years ago, but, she does not need to keep on twisting the knife.  Personally, I have always felt that Kelly had the best voice in the original Destiny's child.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Did not like that WW stated that Oprah got the Cecil B. DeMille award for being raped. No Wendy, she received the honor for her contributions to television and the film industry. Have you been under a rock or are you jealous? 

Falling into the water feature at the resort...lol. Showing us the photo of your skinny dipping...no. You don't wear a wig, sunglasses and a head scarf to do that. You take it all off. 

I get that this is her show and her opinion matters but when one of the fashion panel didn't agree with her she didn't need to give them a snark or stink eye. You politely allow someone else their opinion. Especially if they are your guest. 

Don't complain about your break being 3 weeks. We would gladly have watched you, had you returned last week. I think Big Kev must have been out making time up somewhere else (y'all know where I'm thinking) so she got bored and/or lonely being home alone. 

She lightened up her wig color a lot. I liked the brown hair she wore before the holiday break. 

She has also added more diamonds (or was wearing 2 necklaces) to the tennis necklace. She never mentioned what Santa (Big or Little Kevin) gifted her. Granted I'm sure she can afford to buy what she wants for herself, but it would have been nice to hear. 

I'm glad she's back on. I had no trouble figuring out Hot Topics on my own while she was on hiatus but she sometimes puts the craziest twists on things. When she's on point she gives good snark. 

She said Oprah won for "being great". I thought she said raped too, but watched it again on YouTube. Ditto on Wendy's extra bitchiness today. She was rude to some of the audience members during the Hot Topics sound off segment too.

Every other show I've seen has talked about how powerful Oprah's speech was, but leave it to Ms. Wendy to be the petty one. SMH.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Funny that Wendy said she was preparing for the show but she wasn’t watching the major entertainment show that would be discussed.  She has become such a lie, especially living a lie.

I don't think she's prepared for a show in a long time. I doubt she pays much attention if they have meetings before the show. She was stumbling, bumbling and getting things wrong per usual yesterday. She's on right now where I am. Not sure if I feel like trying to watch. I thought she might come back from a 3 week break refreshed with her shit together somewhat. I was wrong.

• Love 2

Wendy actually came up with something intelligent today. She was discussing the Coolest Monkey hoodie being sold by H&M. It has been causing controversy and stars are pulling out from designing for them because they consider it racial. She asked where was the child's parent when he was being photographed in it. That's exactly who should have nipped it in the bud. The parent.  One on the chalkboard for WW!   Still Wendy being Wendy...after a clip was being shown about Yolanda Hadid's new modeling show she said "Ugh" just before her guest walked out. Now Wendy is allowed her opinion but if I was Yolanda I would have been a little put out. It sure didn't make her feel welcomed. Yolanda charmed her though and Wendy ended up being surprised at how lovely she was. 

• Love 2

Wendy went in on Mary J. Blige's ex again today -- she ragged on him wanting money and sneered that he should just get a job.  This reminded me that Wendy has a big double standard regarding women and men when there is money to be distributed.  She was all for Mariah getting $ from the billionaire ex-fiance, and I remember her doing story recently about some female that she thought deserved a payout from some basketball player - she almost gleefully said that the woman should have taken anything that wasn't nailed down before she left the ballers home.  Never did she imply that these two women should go and work instead of obtaining a windfall from men after ending a relationship.  However, Wendy goes loud and long when a man seeks the same - she lambasted Kendu today and did the same when Mel B was divorcing that guy.  She has got to get a more balanced way of thinking.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, patty1h said:

Wendy went in on Mary J. Blige's ex again today -- she ragged on him wanting money and sneered that he should just get a job.  This reminded me that Wendy has a big double standard regarding women and men when there is money to be distributed.  She was all for Mariah getting $ from the billionaire ex-fiance, and I remember her doing story recently about some female that she thought deserved a payout from some basketball player - she almost gleefully said that the woman should have taken anything that wasn't nailed down before she left the ballers home.  Never did she imply that these two women should go and work instead of obtaining a windfall from men after ending a relationship.  However, Wendy goes loud and long when a man seeks the same - she lambasted Kendu today and did the same when Mel B was divorcing that guy.  She has got to get a more balanced way of thinking.

She even made a comment like (paraphrasing here) a grown woman working to support a grown ass man. Wendy, pot meet kettle. Don't you support Big Kev? 

• Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 10:45 AM, druzy said:

I would think using a Sharpie on your eyelid would be toxic. It usually seeps through paper, wouldn't it seep through to your eyeball? 

I came here to say exactly the same thing.  I thought maybe I misheard--a real Sharpie??  Sharpie's are supposed to be permanent markers.  How many make-up wipes does it take to remove that mess at the end of the night?

As far as the H&M scandal--I just keep telling myself that someone HAD to have photoshopped that kid into that offensive hoodie.  May that person find themselves next to Kendu on the unemployment line along with anyone who signed off on publishing that ad.

Edited to add:

Well, just saw an article where the mom of the child modeling that hoodie is telling everyone to "get over it."  Turns out, the photo was NOT altered--he did wear that hoodie and she was ok with it:  

In another message, Mango said she had been to all of her son’s modeling shoots and was with him when he modeled the hoodie in question.

“Everyone is entitled to their opinion about this,” Mango wrote. “ … I really don’t understand but not coz am choosing not to but because it’s not my way of thinking, sorry.”

I guess she told us.  

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
adding stuff
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why did she feel the need today to make a point in HT about her Thyroid issues and Graves disease? Have people been dissing her bulging eyes? She was really touchy about it. 

Yes, she said they have new people coming on board all the time and they have made comments on FB about her bugging out eyes

• Love 1

So...Wendy says it makes the hair (wig) stand up on the back of her neck when people sometimes refer  to small children as "little monkeys". I know many people who say that to their kids in an affectionate way and never misinterpreted it as anything else. I call little kids "hunny bunny" but its not because they look like a rabbit.  She loves to refer to babies as Goobers" which is very similar to the word "boogers". Wendy is bat$hit crazy. Even her studio audience is giving her the "side eye" on a lot of her comments.

• Love 6

Why does this show make me so grumpy?  Watching today, I had a revelation...  I hate the shoe cam.

I guess I lack the appropriate girly-girl gene, cause I don't care what a guest has on their feet - male or female, and find it condescending.  It's like Wendy and the audience have to evaluate your footwear and you have to hope they find it fashionable/cool/expensive enough.  I hope I'm watching the day when guest X says "I'm not posing my shoes and smiling for the camera like a dumb goon" or ignores Wendy completely when she asks.  

• Love 4

I can't remember who but one guest didn't want to go on the shoe camera because she needed a fresh pedicure. WW about forced her to do it anyway and the guest remained a bit cool during the interview. I dislike the shoe cam as well and didn't need a close up of Yolanda's ugly boots. Wendy needs to take it up a notch. Everything is starting to feel stale. Too predictable.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So...Wendy says it makes the hair (wig) stand up on the back of her neck when people sometimes refer  to small children as "little monkeys". I know many people who say that to their kids in an affectionate way and never misinterpreted it as anything else.

I guess everyone has their own little quirks because I'm with Wendy on this one.  Don't get me wrong---I'm not someone who attempts to turn every innocuous thing into a racial maelstrom but I'm always sensitive about the monkey thing as it relates to Black kids.  Years ago, one of my sons was in a summer camp where every age group was named after a different animal--Cubs, Sharks, Dolphins, Tigers and <record scratch> Monkeys.  Me:  "Monkeys??!!  Oh HELL no!"  My kid wasn't even in that group but I tell you I made a  quick call to the camp and had the group renamed before you could blink.  Now, I want to believe that there was no malicious intent in calling a whole group rife with Black children "monkeys."  I want to believe that the camp director gave no thought to how that could be misconstrued.  But I for damn sure wasn't letting that go down for a whole summer.

The stylist on the glam segment today had the WORST hair!  Very Pam Oliver-esque.  She was in dire need of a curling or flat iron.

I really enjoyed Lena Waithe's interview.  Definitely intend to check out her Showtime series.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I really enjoyed Lena Waithe's interview.  Definitely intend to check out her Showtime series.

She was so good. I thought she was so endearing, in recounting, meeting Halle Berry, at the golden globes and remembering her historic Oscar win, by reciting, part of her speech, to Wendy.. I also loved her anecdote about Black families when it comes to Gay relatives.  Too funny and so true..

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, Mindthinkr said:

@rmcrae Thanks for the correction on what she said! I had hoped that I was hearing it wrong as it was just too bad, even for Wendy. 

You're welcome, Mind! :)

6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was so good. I thought she was so endearing, in recounting, meeting Halle Berry, at the golden globes and remembering her historic Oscar win, by reciting, part of her speech, to Wendy.. I also loved her anecdote about Black families when it comes to Gay relatives.  Too funny and so true..

I laughed when she called Wendy's shade out about Oprah and Gayle. "Yes, Oprah was there with her man Stedman and her friend Gayle!"

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Please Wendy, stop rubbing your gargantuan teeth with your fingers for all of the viewers to see. Its not cute, or endearing, or funny. It's fucking gross. 

Chenoa, it makes her more real.... Real nasty. ;)

I watched some of Wendy on The View this morning and rolled my eyes when she was whining about being skinny shamed. Like she's not guilty of shaming others for their weight, appearance, age, etc.

• Love 7

How far was she up Lindsay Lohan' butt? Between the montage of how many time she had said her name to her fawning over her...fan girl much? Missed seeing her on the View but disappointed to hear that she kept herself as the subject matter. She could have shown her intelligent side (if it exists). 

• Love 1

I can't tell if Lindsey Lohan was full of shit or not. Last I heard she was flat broke and owed the IRS over $100,000, Now she's buying islands, owns nightclubs, is involved in movie projects, starring and producing, and launching a makeup line? Who is fronting all of this money to her because she hasn't worked in years? I think Wendy went easy on her because she had her 94 yr old grandmother in the audience, her bottom feeder father, alcoholic party animal mother and a slew of relatives. Wendy was scared to throw shade at her.   Another failed interview by Wendy if you ask me. 

Having said all that, Lindsey did come off as sober and intelligent. I wonder how many  PR coaching sessions she had in order to come up with all the "right" answers. 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I guess everyone has their own little quirks because I'm with Wendy on this one.  Don't get me wrong---I'm not someone who attempts to turn every innocuous thing into a racial maelstrom but I'm always sensitive about the monkey thing as it relates to Black kids.  Years ago, one of my sons was in a summer camp where every age group was named after a different animal--Cubs, Sharks, Dolphins, Tigers and <record scratch> Monkeys.  Me:  "Monkeys??!!  Oh HELL no!"  My kid wasn't even in that group but I tell you I made a  quick call to the camp and had the group renamed before you could blink.  Now, I want to believe that there was no malicious intent in calling a whole group rife with Black children "monkeys."  I want to believe that the camp director gave no thought to how that could be misconstrued.  But I for damn sure wasn't letting that go down for a whole summer.

The stylist on the glam segment today had the WORST hair!  Very Pam Oliver-esque.  She was in dire need of a curling or flat iron.

I agree on the use of monkey.  The term is steeped in racism so regardless of someone's intentions that history is carried forward.  I had a friend who would refer to children she didn't know as monkeys, often when we would see a child at a restaurant.  I noticed she only did this for children of color.  When I talked to her about it, she said she thought it was funny.  As I said, I HAD a friend.

Lena Waithe is extraordinarily talented.  Check out The Chi.  I missed her on WW but saw her on Colbert.  She discussed how black people have been dehumanized in the media and the need to tell complex stories showing layers of humanity.  She has the skills to do that and more.  It is wonderful to see fully realized depictions of humans, most especially people of color. If you haven't seen Master of None on Netflix, check out the Thanksgiving episode for which she won an Emmy.  It is a brilliant piece of writing. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

How far was she up Lindsay Lohan' butt? the montage of how many time she had said her name to her fawning over her...fan girl much? Missed seeing her on the View but disappointed to hear that she kept herself as the subject matter. She could have shown her intelligent side (if it exists). 

I recall on one of Wendys hot topics last year she spoke about Lindsay trying to sell a reality show (featuring Lindsay) to several producers in Hollywood but had no takers. Wendy said SHE would love to discuss backing Lindsay on this endeavor and said something like ....if you see this Lindsay, give us a call. 

Edited by chenoa333
Spelling
  • Love 4
On 1/13/2018 at 5:59 AM, Mindthinkr said:

How far was she up Lindsay Lohan' butt? Between the montage of how many time she had said her name to her fawning over her...fan girl much? Missed seeing her on the View but disappointed to hear that she kept herself as the subject matter. She could have shown her intelligent side (if it exists). 

The montage wasnt a fan girl situation.  WW was showing how much LL  was talked abt because of bad behavior. I thought LL looked great. Glad shes back to her natural red hair.  That always suited her best.  She doesnt any of the bloat etc of steady drinking.  Being over there does do her good. Makes ya think...if she were to move back here, I hope she wouldnt fall back into bad habits.  It would be so easy.  stay there LL, make your money girl

• Love 3

I don't give two shits about any of those RHO shows, but today Wendy was talking about the fight between the Atlanta women; she showed their inane tweets.  One of them had a phrase that I've never heard before and curiosity got the best of me.  The phrase was "lying bitch.  Somebody's really reaching for a permanent peach here".  WTF is that?  Does it really mean anything or she created this nonsense on the spur of the moment?   I checked for the latest internet slang and got no answers but wondered if anyone on here knows this. Thanks.  

On RHOA the women on the show hold a peach in the opening.  That led to phrases like "earning her peach" to be mean riling things up to prove they can bring the drama.  So a permanent peach would mean she would be on the show as a fulltime housewife (not a "friend of") for the run of the show.  Yes, this means employment contracts are being represented as fruit.  If only it were that easy . . .

• Love 2

Personally I’m so bored with all the talk of the real housewives on Wendy’s show. Don’t watch and never did watch  any of the housewives shows and I don’t care about reality TV cause it ain’t reality. If it has to do with reality I prefer competition shows.The housewives shows to me or just trashy with money. Versus some of the other trashy reality shows where they’re jumping over tables grabbing each other’s weaves.   That’s not what they do then I apologize. It does seem to be what they show on collapse. Between the housewives shows and the rappers who I don’t know sometimes her first segment is really really short for me . Needless to say I don’t watch the rest of the show anyway.  Most of the other segments are really extra extra waste of time. Unfortunately very few guests are of interest either. But I love to come over here and Snark.  

• Love 1

Oh, and when Wendy showed her childhood family picture it seemed apparent that she didn’t have that high nostril nose she has now.  Most of the facial parts seemed to be new.  I hate those lips.

9 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Oh, and when Wendy showed her childhood family picture it seemed apparent that she didn’t have that high nostril nose she has now.  Most of the facial parts seemed to be new.  I hate those lips.

I just thought that she looked fuller. As in she wasn't a skinny little girl. I don't tend to dissect a woman's looks,as I don't wish to be dissected. Age can be cruel and I never want to go the plastic surgery/Botox route. 

Jesus, Wendy. Bobby Zarin has the 3 kids and a stepdaughter (Jills daughter). Jill has 3 stepkids (Bobby's kids)and her one biological daughter. They do not have 3 kids together plus Jill's daughter. How come I know this shit and she doesn't? Ugh. Every. Single. Day. she screws something up in Hot Topics. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Regarding Mark Wahlburg.  I’m sorry that Michelle Williams didn’t have good enough representation to get the money she should have.  Obviously Wahlburg did.  We have no idea what the original contracts they signed said.  Maybe there was some clause in hers about reshoots that wasn’t in his.  Maybe his rep KNEW how important he was to the reshooting of the movie and held out for the cash.  I don’t know.  Maybe she didn’t have to reshoot as much as he did.  How many scenes did she share with Kevin Spacey?  I don’t know, didn’t see the movie.  I just refuse to hate on a man who’s got as much money as he could to do his job.  She’s the freaking star of the movie.  I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have paid her as much if she held out.  I guess the producers could have told her no and reshot the movie but I think it would have cost a lot more than a million she may have asked for.

Hate on Wahlburg but then shouldn’t you hate on anyone who is in a movie but makes less that others in th same movie?  Shouldn’t you hate on a football player who makes more than his teammates?  Hate on pro basketballers who all make more than female pros?  

• Love 4

I did not enjoy Donny Deutch at all. He was very inarticulate about what ever he was trying to say about the Me Too movement. How about this, men: Keep your fucking hands to yourselves at all times and think about making a pass at a woman and the repercussions you might suffer before you are about to open your mouth's. That's a nice start, don't you all think? 

Also, he said he has known Matt Lauer for 20 years and had nothing but good experiences with him. That's great to know, Donny. Nothing said about what he thought about what Lauer actually did. As usual,Wendy sits there in silence. If she was any kind of a professional interview, she should have asked ole Donny how he felt about the fact that Lauer had a secret buzzer under his desk to lock his office door so women could not get out. She 100% sucks. Thanks for standing up for women, Wendy. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys notice the subtle shade that Wendy threw at Kris Kardashian's boyfriend? she talked about the shape of his behind being like a woman's and that he is from Atlanta. I was shocked that she went there..

Also the comment that he had to try hardest to make friends with the ones that didn't care for him. "Bring them iced tea or..." Really? How about just treating their mother well and being an all around good guy to everyone. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I did not enjoy Donny Deutch at all. He was very inarticulate about what ever he was trying to say about the Me Too movement. How about this, men: Keep your fucking hands to yourselves at all times and think about making a pass at a woman and the repercussions you might suffer before you are about to open your mouth's. That's a nice start, don't you all think? 

Also, he said he has known Matt Lauer for 20 years and had nothing but good experiences with him. That's great to know, Donny. Nothing said about what he thought about what Lauer actually did. As usual,Wendy sits there in silence. If she was any kind of a professional interview, she should have asked ole Donny how he felt about the fact that Lauer had a secret buzzer under his desk to lock his office door so women could not get out. She 100% sucks. Thanks for standing up for women, Wendy. 

THIS! Wendy should've brought that up when he mentioned the rape allegations against Weinstein. Wendy prides herself on asking questions that'll make her guests squirm, but she failed today.

8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys notice the subtle shade that Wendy threw at Kris Kardashian's boyfriend? she talked about the shape of his behind being like a woman's and that he is from Atlanta. I was shocked that she went there..

Girl, Wendy's shade is about as subtle as a bull in a china shop! Lol!

• Love 3

I haven't been enjoying Hot Topics as much this season as it seems like Wendy just keeps developing the same stories about people in whom I am not interested (housewives, etc.).  As for the Michelle Williams/Mark Wahlburg salary differences...I'm a female and would be more likely to go see a movie (and spend money) for a movie that Mark Wahlburg is in more than Michelle Williams.  I know others feel differently.  I believe that a lot of the salary disputes in the entertainment industry is more or less related to who movie goers or t.v. viewers are more likely to watch.  There are plenty of actors/actresses that I have absolutely no desire to watch or financially support.  So, it's a more difficult argument about inequity IMO than in other professions.

• Love 3

So Wendy discusses the anchorwoman that got the rude letter from the journalist who talked crap about her highlights and the color of her lipstick. The anchorwoman rightfully calls the woman out  for paying lip service to the #MeToo movement and women empowerment yet attacking the anchorwoman for something superficial. 

Then Wendy asks the audience "who'd you rather".

Like, really Wendy???? 

• Love 1

Now I’ve seen it all. Wendy used a QTip to clean out her nostrils (she stated that her nose was runny and the use of a tissue would have ruined her makeup) on air! I’ve seen some weird things that she’s done but that one takes the cake. 

• Love 2

I decided today that me and Wendy are over.  Was just thinking she has come a loooong way from her humble beginnings and I don't like what she's become.  I can remember back in the day she was actually endearing and could really make you laugh.  But lately she seems so sour and dour and so lacking in joy.  It's depressing.  Success doesn't become her.  It's overtaken her.  Peace Out.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Now I’ve seen it all. Wendy used a QTip to clean out her nostrils (she stated that her nose was runny and the use of a tissue would have ruined her makeup) on air! I’ve seen some weird things that she’s done but that one takes the cake. 

I've GOT to see this episode! She is so gross! What's next? Is she going to scratch her ass then smell her fingers? Lol. 

13 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I've GOT to see this episode! She is so gross! What's next? Is she going to scratch her ass then smell her fingers? Lol. 

What got me was there were available QTips hidden-ish right behind the flowers on the table next to her purple throne. It had to have been planned or they were there in case of. Seriously, has anyone ever used cotton swabs to wipe out their nostrils with? @chenoa333 Yes, it was gross! 

• Love 1

I'm so glad my back was turned when she did that. Tacky, nasty, classless. The list goes on and on with that woman.

• Love 2

Now I’ve seen it all. Wendy used a QTip to clean out her nostrils

I couldn't believe what I was seeing!  Then she laid the snotty QTip on the table. Disgusting!

Wendy talking about Tiki Barber having an affair when his wife was pregnant, then the wife divorcing him. Made me cringe. Wendy was pregnant when asshole cheated on her and she found out. Obviously, we all know she stayed with him. She is really a spineless doormat when it comes to Big Kev. 

• Love 3

Could Wendy have spent more than 5 seconds congratulating her "friend" Mary J Blige on her Oscar nominations?  Seriously, she is such a hateful, bitter woman.  Not that it should surprise me, she hasn't mentioned any of Mary's other nominations throughout awards season.  But she certainly doesn't miss a beat to inform us of Mary's messy divorce.  Classless to say the least.

• Love 3