Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I usually only watch the first 20 minutes of Wendy - I watch Hot Topics, then stay around if she does a celebrity lookalikes/celebrity encounter segment.  It's very rare that I watch the interviews - most of the guests are voids, and Wendy is either sucking up or she's almost a bully.  I tried to watch when she had Yvette Nichole Brown on recently, but less than 5 minutes in, Wendy started asking about YNB's love life.  To me, YNB looked uncomfortable, and since I like her, I turned the channel instead of see her put on the hot seat.

Today I watched HT and after 5 minutes of drivel, I was in a daze asking myself why I can't quit this crap.  It was so superficial and Wendy rambled off topic several times.  I don't care what she's eat at the Kardachian restaurant, or that she wouldn't let her home be used for a movie or TV show, or that her last name is really Williamson.  Then she did that "yummy food" move, putting her hands up to her mouth and smacking her lips.  Ugh.  Some of her opinions are so childish and I berate myself for not turning the channel when she starts babbling. 

In the last couple weeks she had unscheduled guests come out and gab - that Vickie from Housewives last week, Countess Whoever this week and today, this Michel'le chick.  Is this a new thing supposed to bring a sense of spontaneity?  I just find it annoying and another reason to reach for the remote.  

One more thing... I think Wendy is using some kind of earpiece and is getting facts/topics fed to her.  Today during HT she kept pausing like she was trying to remember something but to me it looked like she's listening to someone off-camera.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

Who was that woman on today with the helium voice?!  There is something wrong with her vocal chords!.  Zowie

Michel'le. She's a singer from the late 80's/early 90's and has two kids fathered by Dr. Dre and Suge Knight. Dr. Dre beat the hell out of her back in the day. As for her voice, she talks over her larynx so that's why it's so squeaky. Her singing voice is really strong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMQ5b9sSF_0.

• Love 2
On 10/20/2017 at 9:17 AM, JBC344 said:

Wendy has always been one of those people who enjoys the gossip of a situation much more than the actual truth.

OMG so much YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

20 hours ago, wings707 said:

Who was that woman on today with the helium voice?!  There is something wrong with her vocal chords!.  Zowie

Yeah her normal voice is.....unique. But she can really sing. 

• Love 3

Y'all making me sorry that I wasn't able to watch on Friday. I thought it would have been one of her rerun shows but not only am I wrong, I also missed helium voice woman. Then again with my sensitive ears maybe that's a good thing. 

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:19 PM, wings707 said:

Talks over her lyranx?  I have never seen or heard her before today.  Obnoxious voice.  She should learn to talk under her lyranx.  Lol

That's what she claims doctors have told her. I remember reading somewhere that she didn't speak until she was about 4 or 5 so maybe that has something to do with it too. If she could change her voice I'm sure she would. *shrugs*

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

That's what she claims doctors have told her. I remember reading somewhere that she didn't speak until she was about 4 or 5 so maybe that has something to do with it too. If she could change her voice I'm sure she would. *shrugs*

Interesting.  Thanks.  She may like her voice. 

• Love 2

I just ran through a week's worth of WW today and one thing stood out.  

Some guy had his house broken into while he was away but one of his "people" were there sleeping.  Wendy said he shouldn't get fired because it wasn't his fault.  Ok, I can see her point, but...

Didn't she fire white Norman for the Black college fiasco?  How in the hell was it his fault that she ran off her mouth about something she didn't know much about?  Yes, she was embarrassed but why was it Norman's fault?  Oh right, she needed a scape goat and he was expendable.

Hypocracy much, Wendy?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Didn't she fire white Norman for the Black college fiasco?  How in the hell was it his fault that she ran off her mouth about something she didn't know much about?  Yes, she was embarrassed but why was it Norman's fault?  Oh right, she needed a scape goat and he was expendable.

That was the most ignorant statement that Wendy has ever said and that is something, for someone like Wendy.   The backlash against her was fierce and the show had  Roland Martin come on the show and explain HBCUS to her.. Pathetic!  

• Love 8

Lately I don't think that WW is as well prepared for her show and hot topics as she has been in the past. Today she said something (pertaining to OJ) about "If the glove doesn't fit you must not acquit". No Wendy. It was "If the glove doesn't fit you must acquit". I understand there's a lot going on for her to discuss but she should keep her facts straight. 

@patty1h Perhaps she does need the ear piece

• Love 5

Did Suzanne threaten to quit without a major change? I've noticed she doesn't seem to be playing Wendy's buffoon anymore. When Wendy talks to her lately, Suzanne doesn't have the OTT goofy reactions, she doesn't seem to be shilling WW's clothing line anymore and, on today's show, she wasn't the (always cringe worthy) helper in the latest vacation giveaway.Maybe Wendy calling her ignorant was the last straw. Whatever it is, it's definitely a big improvement.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, greyflannel said:

Did Suzanne threaten to quit without a major change? I've noticed she doesn't seem to be playing Wendy's buffoon anymore. When Wendy talks to her lately, Suzanne doesn't have the OTT goofy reactions, she doesn't seem to be shilling WW's clothing line anymore and, on today's show, she wasn't the (always cringe worthy) helper in the latest vacation giveaway.Maybe Wendy calling her ignorant was the last straw. Whatever it is, it's definitely a big improvement.

I thought this too.  It’s refreshing because I was feeling embarrassed for her last season.  It was like she was the computer comic relief.  I’m glad to see her not immediately agreeing with everthing Wendy says.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, greyflannel said:

Yes, I see this.  Many of us have been vocal about Suzanne's lame and forced act so maybe they listened or saw this themselves? 

• Love 1

I too watched about 4 episodes so pardon me if this post comes off as jumbly:

First, I hate when Wendy talks about shows that she never watched. Case in point, the Gucci Man wedding special. She said she fell asleep or something. I realize she has a team that watches things but it's disengenuous to me when she admits she did not see a show but then talks like she has

I loved when Wendy did the Sound Off section and a woman stood up and said how Queen Solange has no right to complain how she was depicted on the cover of the mag. Wendy disagreed but that lady was not having any of it! She shouted down Wendy and made sure she got her point across. I . Loved. It!!!!

Speaking of love, I am so enamored with Michael Rapaport! I enjoyed him as a guest, how he called out the uncensored word that Wendy said (Wendy kept trying to change the subject but Micheal kept going back to it) Full disclosure: I ended up rewinding it so I could hear it, I kinda caught it the first time but thought I misheard. Would not have thought anything of it had Micheal not mentioned it, lol. 

I ESPECIALLY loved Michael's quip about New York has the best people except the one we sent to the White House, "but we're not gonna talk politics". Boy, Ms "Tell-It-Like-It is, Straight-No-Chaser" hurried up and changed that subject. I guess she was scared her bestie Ivanna wouldn't come back on her show ever again. 

Bugged me when Wendy corrected Suzanne when she said they put coffee in  Wendy's cup. Wendy just had to let everyone know Suzanne was wrong and she drinks tea. Like Who the fuck cares? Was it really that important to do that then? I just felt that was a bit petty to call Suzanne out like that. There has been many times Wendy's misspoke on air without correction. 

Oh and finally that couple where the 35 yr old woman was dating that 22 year old...wow. Wendy didn't hold back on that one, did she? She told them that he was too young. Yikes. But I had to agree with her on that one. 

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, greyflannel said:

This is glaring. HUGE tell that something is afoot. 

• Love 3

@Stacee  I agreee with you that Michael Rappaport is a delightful guest and willing to be honest about telling it as he sees it. I have also seen him on WWHL and he really does know his Howives. WW should consider having him as a guess once a week to update these shows. WW would probably see it/him as competition or a threat so I doubt it would ever happen but a lady can dream, right? 

P.S. I won't be able to catch the show today so if anything good happens will someone please updat it here for me? Thank you fellow posters.

Edited by Mindthinkr
I added a P.S.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Stacee  I agreee with you that Michael Rappaport is a delightful guest and willing to be honest about telling it as he sees it. I have also seen him on WWHL and he really does know his Howives. WW should consider having him as a guess once a week to update these shows. WW would probably see it/him as competition or a threat so I doubt it would ever happen but a lady can dream, right? 

OMG that is a GREAT idea. I would totally tune in for that if I felt that Wendy wouldn't interrupt him every 5 seconds to ask him stupid stuff or preen to the camera the entire time. I absolutely think she would be threatened if he came on her show regularly to do a segment like that. 

Wasn't it kinda delicious to hear him say Betheny is his favorite housewife? Wendy can't stand her. teeheeee

Oooh oooh which reminds me what he said about the lady from RHWoNJ w/ the pigtails had me so giggling. He could totally come to my house and watch with me. I love a man that will watch reality shows and gossip about the people on the show (yet still maintain their "manliness").  I hope he's on Andy's show regularly; I'd love to catch him on there. ☺

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Wendy, take a cue from Tamar Braxton and Fergie. If they are not afraid to get a divorce, you can do it, too. Stop pretending all is ok in Hunterville and get on with it. 

Ha!  She is obsessed with Tamar's divorce.   You make sense about her own marriage.   Wendy has been off and on my DVR over the past few years.  I get tired of her easily.  I just started watching again recently.   

• Love 4

Curtis is really a bitch but this tweet cracked me up!

IMG_0361.PNG

8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

P.S. I won't be able to catch the show today so if anything good happens will someone please updat it here for me? Thank you fellow posters.

Michael Rappaport and Wendy on the same show?

lol. No fucking ways! He is nuts and annoying after a while, imo.

Listen to him talk about being dissed by LeBron. Bitch fucking made! He also had a huge fight with a bunch of guys with whom he was playing fantasy football. Dude is hormonal.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2017 at 0:38 PM, LIMOM said:

Michael Rappaport and Wendy on the same show?

lol. No fucking ways! He is nuts and annoying after a while, imo.

Listen to him talk about being dissed by LeBron. Bitch fucking made! He also had a huge fight with a bunch of guys with whom he was playing fantasy football. Dude is hormonal.

On 10/27/2017 at 1:20 PM, DrivingSideways said:

I have to agree.  I love Rapaport in very small doses.  A little of him goes a long way.

Ahhh, OK. I stand corrected. This was really my first time hearing him being interviewed. I'm familiar with his acting bur not so much outside of that. Though I really found him fun, engaging and funny on Wendy, I'll take y'alls word for it that he can be too much. 

Point takem. ?

• Love 3

I watched the Melissa Rivers interview and thought that Melissa came off well.  Of course she was promoting a book and the last episode of Fashion Police.  Wendy played up her relationship with Joan and that she had been invited to Joan's home, etc.  I still miss Joan and wish they had made better hiring decisions for Fashion Police so that it would have continued to live on.

• Love 6

Wendy commented about the RHONJ cast all looking alike because they all have the caramel highlights in their hair.  I thought it was hilarious because pan back to Wendy and what do you see?  Caramel highlight on the ends of her wig!  I noticed the next day she wore a much darker wig.

i just found that amusing.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I watched the Melissa Rivers interview and thought that Melissa came off well.  Of course she was promoting a book and the last episode of Fashion Police.  Wendy played up her relationship with Joan and that she had been invited to Joan's home, etc.  I still miss Joan and wish they had made better hiring decisions for Fashion Police so that it would have continued to live on.

I loved Fashion Police but without Joan it is really pointless. She was the show, imo.

Melissa is better suited for a job behind the scenes. I also agree with Wendy that she absolutely does not need to work whatsoever. She is rich, rich.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I loved Fashion Police but without Joan it is really pointless. She was the show, imo.

Melissa is better suited for a job behind the scenes. I also agree with Wendy that she absolutely does not need to work whatsoever. She is rich, rich.

You are so right, Joan was the show. I always wondered what Melissa was thinking bringing on NeNe Leakes, who nobody knows unless they watch the housewives shows, and Margaret Cho who has no interest in fashion what so ever and her jokes fell flat on that platform. Bad, bad choices. Maybe Melissa is not that good of a business woman without Joan. Did they bring Guiliana Rancic back? She must have needed a paycheck. It still didn't work. 

• Love 5

I hate Nene but she was one of the few on the latest Fashion Police incarnation that made me laugh.  But it was her typical Nene-isms that made me laugh, i.e. basically screaming out nonsensical strings of syllables that sounded funny together and using the latest drag lexicon as connective tissue.  When Joan died, the show should have died with her.  As we saw by the various controversies after, only Joan could get away with the off color jokes that made the show special. The Zendaya patchouli kerfuffle was ridiculous.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Destiny74 said:

Wendy commented about the RHONJ cast all looking alike because they all have the caramel highlights in their hair.  I thought it was hilarious because pan back to Wendy and what do you see?  Caramel highlight on the ends of her wig!  I noticed the next day she wore a much darker wig.

i just found that amusing.

Am I the only one who thinks Wendy and Dolores look alike?

12 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I hate Nene but she was one of the few on the latest Fashion Police incarnation that made me laugh.  But it was her typical Nene-isms that made me laugh, i.e. basically screaming out nonsensical strings of syllables that sounded funny together and using the latest drag lexicon as connective tissue.  When Joan died, the show should have died with her.  As we saw by the various controversies after, only Joan could get away with the off color jokes that made the show special. The Zendaya patchouli kerfuffle was ridiculous.

I'd gotten away from Fashion Police not long before Joan's death and stayed away after the patchouli mess happened. That whole thing was blown out of proportion. It was sweet justice when karma visited her so-called friend with the purple hair a few months later. I did watch a minute here and there when Nene and Margaret Cho joined, but it didn't hold my interest.

• Love 2

I am back and have been watching for only a week.  I took a long break and I now remember why.  She is still all twirled up about Tamar's divorce.  I don't know who she is other than from DWTS a few years back.  

I am annoyed with the gossip twat who laced into Kevin Spacey.  Good god, it was an isolated, drunken incident 30 years ago and he apologized.  I have known he was gay for decades, stop making that a big deal AND a secret. Secret to whom?  Shame on you both for throwing him into Weinstein's category.  

Suzanne is back with her act.  She looks different and I am not sure how.  There is an icy energy between them.  I would love to know what happened.  Suzanne is one of the producers so there is a lot of things that could have happened behind the scenes.  Why do I think it Mr Wendy is very involved.  :>)

Wendy's breasts are vulgar knowing she bought them.   Bad decision.  

• Love 2

If Wendy wants to know why Tamar and Vince split, maybe she should...oh...I dunno....CALL HER....????

Instead, she acts like she doesn't want to know or be involved yet for the past THREE HOT TOPICS she's been talking about her. Pretty tacky for someone who claims to think so much of Tamar. Double tacky was how Wendy said she deliberately didn't keep Tamar's number. 

Well at least Tamar can know who her real friends are. 

Fergie looked FABULOUS. Loved her outfit, her hair, makeup, just everything. I was annoyed when she was in the middle of talking about something and Wendy blurted out "I love your nails".  Liike, really Wendy; that couldn't wait???

• Love 4
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Shame on you both for throwing him into Weinstein's category.  

I think he is just as bad if not worse.  Pedophilia is horrible.  He is lucky that the state of New York has one of the most lenient pedophilia laws in the nation.  A person has until the age of 23 to file.

I think we are going to see something happen with Wendy.  I don't know what but there is a literal buffet of shit going on right now.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I think he is just as bad if not worse.  Pedophilia is horrible.  He is lucky that the state of New York has one of the most lenient pedophilia laws in the nation.  A person has until the age of 23 to file.

I think we are going to see something happen with Wendy.  I don't know what but there is a literal buffet of shit going on right now.

Wendy seems out of it. I think that the fact that she keeps focusing on Tamar's divorce makes me think that she is thinking about doing that herself.  I always felt that Wendy got with Big Kev to spite her parents.  His antics throughout her days on the radio should have been a deal breaker. Every time I hear Wendy commiserate about the victims of Weinstein, I remember how her husband sexually harassed her young intern. Cognitive dissonance is at work with Wendy.  

• Love 3

Watching the Halloween episode today and much of the audience was dressed up in costumes.  Some of the people have really great outfits and makeup, so much so that it makes me wonder if the show "helps outs" and fixes some folks up to look better on camera.  I saw a couple of people whose get-ups looked damn near professional, not like some housewife who picked up something from Party City.   I cracked up at Jerry O'Connell's costume, though.

• Love 1

What just happened? Wendy was announcing the Halloween contest and then she started shaking and fell. I hope she is ok. I thought it was part of the show at first but it went to commercial. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, druzy said:

What just happened? Wendy was announcing the Halloween contest and then she started shaking and fell. I hope she is ok. I thought it was part of the show at first but it went to commercial. 

Oh wow - I turned it 30 seconds into Jerry O'Connell sitting down, so I missed it.   I know the show is live and always wondered how they would handle something out of the ordinary happening.  I always pictured something like a streaker or an audience member acting the fool on camera, not Wendy having a medical issue.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Oh wow - I turned it 30 seconds into Jerry O'Connell sitting down, so I missed it.   I know the show is live and always wondered how they would handle something out of the ordinary happening.  I always pictured something like a streaker or an audience member acting the fool on camera, not Wendy having a medical issue.

It happened after his interview, when they came back from commercial break. I thought she had a stroke. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
On 29/10/2017 at 9:49 AM, bichonblitz said:

You are so right, Joan was the show. I always wondered what Melissa was thinking bringing on NeNe Leakes, who nobody knows unless they watch the housewives shows, and Margaret Cho who has no interest in fashion what so ever and her jokes fell flat on that platform. Bad, bad choices.

I liked the fashion snark to begin with, but Joan's stupid jokes were a real turn off.  The camera cutting to everyone's phoney laughter & shocked looks, ditto.  Glad it's off.

20 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am back and have been watching for only a week.  I took a long break and I now remember why.  She is still all twirled up about Tamar's divorce.  I don't know who she is other than from DWTS a few years back.  

I am annoyed with the gossip twat who laced into Kevin Spacey.  Good god, it was an isolated, drunken incident 30 years ago and he apologized.  I have known he was gay for decades, stop making that a big deal AND a secret. Secret to whom?  Shame on you both for throwing him into Weinstein's category.  

How do we know it was an isolated, drunken incident? Just because one person has made a claim, it doesn't mean there weren't others. I was a victim of someone's drunken incident. Come to find out, there were other victims. This has nothing to do with him being drunk. Being drunk means he was uninhibited. People like Spacey don't do these crimes just one time. There is usually more victims who are afraid to come forward. With all that has happened to Cosby and what is now happening to Weinstein, we know victims can be accused of lying, they are shamed, and they are made to feel guilty for not speaking up sooner. 

14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Exactly. 

• Love 6

I'm glad the fainting event was posted here so I got to see it because I just watched the show and that portion was totally cut out.... a bunch of commercials until Wendy appeared on camera saying 'it was not a stunt'.

The fainting "spell" was very strange.  It looked to me like Wendy was having a stroke.  Her speech starts to slur right before she starts walking backwards.  I don't think it was a stunt but the way she way flailing made it look like she was "performing".  Hope she is ok.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DrivingSideways said:

Did Wendy's collapse seem... fake... to anyone?

Either a ratings grab, or step one on her forthcoming meltdown.  Grab the popcorn!

I haven't watched the show yet but it doesn't look fake and there is an explanation why. 

• Love 3