Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

When does her show (WW) officially end? 

I have no idea. I think next week is Michael Rappaport hosting. I don't ever remember WW lasting into the month of June. 

I would guess it's "a wrap" by the end of June. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

like Carson Kressley so I enjoyed the (few) times I watched the show this past week. Vivica however, got on my nerves with her constant habit of screaming "YESSSSSS UH" to everything.

My mom had this on yesterday when I was visiting and I didn't hear one damn word that was coming out of their mouths because I was so distracted by their lips!   Who's lips are going to explode first?  Hers or his?  Lips Clown GIF by GwenCharles

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well I’ll at least look forward to Michael Rappaport next week. Otherwise I’d be busy doing chores or going out. 

MR is ok as a host. I don't mind it when he is on. 

I would be happy with Kermit the Frog or Ty Pennington ("BUS DRIVER. MOVE THAT BUS!") as long as WW is gone. And she will be. hopefully NO MORE "how u doin." 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I watched Michael Rappaport too and enjoyed his show. He does his research, keeps things moving along and does bring the dish. His shirt was well fitted (custom) and he wore the blue color well. 

I was thinking yesterday. With all I have seen in the news about Wendy, not once has she thanked her staff, crew or guest hosts for keeping her name on the air. That’s just poor manners. I understand that she is having trouble with Sherri Shepherd, but there’s no reason that she can’t make a blanket statement when so many people have stepped up to the plate and kept her format (hot topics, shoe cam and Trendy at Wendy) going since she is too busy fighting mental illness, some kind of alcohol or drug addiction, and a with lawyers to keep her money. 

I think when her son was managing her money he might have dipped a bit too hard into the cookie jar and that’s what has been meant by someone misusing her funds. That’s also why she never said who, as she wouldn’t disparage her own son on national tv. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

This is video of Wendy leaving a restaurant and then going to a second destination.  She seems really frail and rather foggy and unsteady on her feet - not quite shuffling, but it's close, and has she needs to hold onto a guys arm while she walks down a slight incline.  A group of fans yell "we love you/how you doin" from the curb as she gets into a car.   

She's dropped off at a store(?) with a big heavy glass door and has some trouble opening it.  A woman comes over to help, then leads Wendy away to a nearby doorway.    However, she still has enough awareness to find a pair of shorts to throw on.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Tues June 7.   Michael Rappaport again today.  I actually thought it was the “Suzanne Show”.  WTF?  Why is her face on every damn minute?  They give her too much air time, like she’s a co- host.  Why don’t they get this show together already?  It seems like forever between, Wendy, Michael, Sherri, Lea Remini and all the other co-hosts.  This show should shit or get off the pot.  Get Suzanne off.  Does anyone find her enjoyable?  Also, does anyone here think Lea Remini and Michelle got thrown off because of their shenanigans and cursing?  I do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I watched Michael Rappaport too and enjoyed his show. He does his research, keeps things moving along and does bring the dish. His shirt was well fitted (custom) and he wore the blue color well. 

I was thinking yesterday. With all I have seen in the news about Wendy, not once has she thanked her staff, crew or guest hosts for keeping her name on the air. That’s just poor manners. I understand that she is having trouble with Sherri Shepherd, but there’s no reason that she can’t make a blanket statement when so many people have stepped up to the plate and kept her format (hot topics, shoe cam and Trendy at Wendy) going since she is too busy fighting mental illness, some kind of alcohol or drug addiction, and a with lawyers to keep her money. 

I think when her son was managing her money he might have dipped a bit too hard into the cookie jar and that’s what has been meant by someone misusing her funds. That’s also why she never said who, as she wouldn’t disparage her own son on national tv. 

I watched today first time in awhile.  Where is Sherri?  I thought the job was hers.    Is it a time thing with Sheri, or what?  This whole show is one big mess for a long time now.  Every week it’s someone different.

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I watched today first time in awhile.  Where is Sherri?  I thought the job was hers.    Is it a time thing with Sheri, or what?  This whole show is one big mess for a long time now.  Every week it’s someone different.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Where is Sherri?

I seem to recall that they offed Sherri her own show (replacing Wendy’s time slot) starting this September when the new season begins. 

55 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Wendy must think she has gorgeous legs.  She’s been wearing shorts in every picture, even in cold weather.  Not a good look.

Not a good lol at all. Especially with her fishnet stockings. She’s too old to be wearing them unless it’s a beach cover up situation. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Too bad they didn’t get Michael right off the bat if he wanted the job.

I think that they did offer him the job, but he turned it down. Something about too many other commitments in his life and a lack of time. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

This is video of Wendy leaving a restaurant and then going to a second destination.  She seems really frail and rather foggy and unsteady on her feet - not quite shuffling, but it's close, and has she needs to hold onto a guys arm while she walks down a slight incline.  A group of fans yell "we love you/how you doin" from the curb as she gets into a car.   

She's dropped off at a store(?) with a big heavy glass door and has some trouble opening it.  A woman comes over to help, then leads Wendy away to a nearby doorway.    However, she still has enough awareness to find a pair of shorts to throw on.   

I missed that. Dang. Her walk was awkward. It could be from having a few cocktails. 

I was in NYC two weeks ago. Some of those doors are heavy. I even had trouble with a few of them. I just wonder why she went to the wrong one first. Don’t you know where you live girl? 

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that they did offer him the job, but he turned it down. Something about too many other commitments in his life and a lack of time. 

Yes, he still does a lot of movies.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, he still does a lot of movies.

Are you sure they offered him a show?  He really seems like he likes doing it.  Maybe they didn’t offer enough money.  He is the best guest host by a mile.  Good with the chefs, ask Mike, even trendy Wendy.  I like his energy and perspective.  Gentle humor, not mean but he is still funny.  Tuesday was good.  Love Eva M back from the modeling show.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Are you sure they offered him a show?  He really seems like he likes doing it.  Maybe they didn’t offer enough money.  He is the best guest host by a mile.  Good with the chefs, ask Mike, even trendy Wendy.  I like his energy and perspective.  Gentle humor, not mean but he is still funny.  Tuesday was good.  Love Eva M back from the modeling show.  

I think @Mindthinkr said he was offered a job.  Anyhow, he does do lots of movies, so maybe he rather do that instead of being tied up to a tv show.  Out of everyone, he’s the best so far IMO.  I would watch him everyday .. not Sherri.  I wish it was him.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2022 at 12:56 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I missed that. Dang. Her walk was awkward. It could be from having a few cocktails. 

I was in NYC two weeks ago. Some of those doors are heavy. I even had trouble with a few of them. I just wonder why she went to the wrong one first. Don’t you know where you live girl? 

Was the City as crowded as usual?  I haven’t been since Covid.  All restaurants open?

• Love 1
On 6/7/2022 at 5:53 PM, kristen111 said:

I think @Mindthinkr said he was offered a job.  Anyhow, he does do lots of movies, so maybe he rather do that instead of being tied up to a tv show.  Out of everyone, he’s the best so far IMO.  I would watch him everyday .. not Sherri.  I wish it was him.

And he lives in Los Angeles with his wife and family. He probably doesn't want or need to move back  to NY to do a gossip show. Even though he was born and raised there. 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Her walk was awkward. It could be from having a few cocktails. 

She is just awkward in general. She's a big oaf.

(And just to clarify,  the above post was a quote from Mindthinkr. Not Kristen111. Don't know why this happens so often.)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Was the City as crowded as usual?  I haven’t been since Covid.  All restaurants open?

Yes, the city was open and some places were crowded. Those areas (Times Square) I avoided. Most places to eat were business as usual and I was able to got to the Met (to see the fashion exhibit featuring the coat Lincoln wore when asassinated, the one Washington wore when sworn into office, Jackie Kennedy’s wedding dress plus many more too numerous to mention.  I saw the Basquiat exhibition in Chelsea, and the Alina Turner musical on Broadway. Everyone wore masks (except these Nordic ladies who kept taking them off throwing them in the isle, despite the ushers coming down the isle to tell them to put them on or get out…annoying). I’ll send you some pictures privately as I’m not good at shrinking them to post here. Sorry everyone 🙁

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, the city was open and some places were crowded. Those areas (Times Square) I avoided. Most places to eat were business as usual and I was able to got to the Met (to see the fashion exhibit featuring the coat Lincoln wore when asassinated, the one Washington wore when sworn into office, Jackie Kennedy’s wedding dress plus many more too numerous to mention.  I saw the Basquiat exhibition in Chelsea, and the Alina Turner musical on Broadway. Everyone wore masks (except these Nordic ladies who kept taking them off throwing them in the isle, despite the ushers coming down the isle to tell them to put them on or get out…annoying). I’ll send you some pictures privately as I’m not good at shrinking them to post here. Sorry everyone 🙁

Wow, you really got around .. and the Met!  Sooo interesting.  I miss it all.

• Love 2
On 6/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, chenoa333 said:

I have no idea. I think next week is Michael Rappaport hosting. I don't ever remember WW lasting into the month of June. 

I would guess it's "a wrap" by the end of June. 

Well, it’s official, according to Long Islands, N.Y. newspaper today, June 15.  The show is ending this Friday, and Sherri will have her own show this fall.  Yuk.  Don’t know what will be on July and August.

• Love 1

Saw a headline yesterday that the last official Wendy show will air this week and I got a little sad.   I was very vocal on this page about Wendy and made a lot of jokes, jabbed her quite a lot and side-eyed the hell out of her, but I'm also going to miss her sitting in that chair and doing her thing.   I haven't watched the show in months and I will not be watching no goddamn Sherri Shepherd - I don't find her entertaining, so it's back to I Love Lucy on Hulu for my morning TV.

I'm going to miss all the folks here that posted and kept me laughing and shaking my head over Wendy's antics.

• Love 8

I'm pretty sure all of us here will never stop snarking on Wendy OR Sherri. Wendy is going to be 10x more in the media when Sherri's show begins and the WW show is done.

I hope Sherri is keeping all of the WW employees who put up with Wendy's b.s. for the past 4 years. Especially Norman!

Goodbye Wendy. Good good luck and live your best life! I'm hoping a lot of tea is going to be spilled now that Wendy is gone. She worked very hard to end up losing her show. How can anyone miss Wendy when she was never there?

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, sayonara Wendy - so long - been good to know ya.

Anytime I tuned in I rolled my eyes at the references to Wendy in the commercial breaks, ticket info, etc etc. etc. because she's never there and I thought ' Wendy ?  Wendy who? '... couldn't get into the show without Wendy no matter who was substitute hosting.  

If  no one likes Sherri Shepherd, maybe Jennifer Hudson's new talk show will be better.

I can't believe I actually was disappointed to see The Real get cancelled - there definitely was no other show like that one.  C'est la vie - easy come, easy go I suppose.

Edited by Fishy
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

Saw a headline yesterday that the last official Wendy show will air this week and I got a little sad.   I was very vocal on this page about Wendy and made a lot of jokes, jabbed her quite a lot and side-eyed the hell out of her, but I'm also going to miss her sitting in that chair and doing her thing.   I haven't watched the show in months and I will not be watching no goddamn Sherri Shepherd - I don't find her entertaining, so it's back to I Love Lucy on Hulu for my morning TV.

I'm going to miss all the folks here that posted and kept me laughing and shaking my head over Wendy's antics.

I feel the same as you.  We made fun of her at times, but she was relaxing drinking her tea with Hot Topics.  I loved the Cooking segments and I bought a lot of good stuff from Trendy at Wendy.  She did have a way of talking.  Sherri came out like gangbusters this morning with her usual loud Schtick too smiley face about Jeffrey and the usual looking for a man and talking to Suzanne and Norman every minute like they are part of the show.  It was loud and uninteresting.  I don’t think she will last like Nick Cannon, as they are comedians.  I will miss you all tho.  Maybe things will change sooner than we think.  ❤️😪

• Love 2

I wish we had a good celebrity gossip show. The way Wendy’s was back when. Even though there are a few, the use so much filler (make up segments, cooking, etc and people hawking their goods) that even they don’t have current stuff. Mostly rehashing. Ok. Maybe TMZ is ok, but it’s in a late night time slot and I can’t record shows (cable co wants 22/month for their box that does that). Are there even any good written gossip sites? I’ve tried a few and only one to three entries a week isn’t as much as I’d like to read. Suggestions? 

What do we think WW will do next? Back to radio? 
                                                            Retire?

A show on another network? 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Are there even any good written gossip sites? I’ve tried a few and only one to three entries a week isn’t as much as I’d like to read. Suggestions? 

My main go-to site for gossip is Dlisted.  It is headed by a guy named Michael -- he is good for anywhere from 2 to 10 items per day on the site.  He has a snarky sense of humor towards the celebrities he covers.  He does light gossip, not dragging people's dirty laundry into the light, he doesn't do blind items or exposes.  

Here's his latest story on Wendy that I've linked here about the last show airing tomorrow.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

What do we think WW will do next? Back to radio? 

Retire?

A show on another network? 

None of the above. Wendy will:

Be eternally pissed off and resentful. Try to make a big deal in the media that she's coming back and accuse more people of "doing her wrong." She NEVER takes accountability for ANY of her bad behavior. 

I doubt there are ANY advertisers (including radio) that would touch a new Wendy show. She's a huge liability.  And who tunes into radio anymore? 

She might still have some fans on the Jersey Shore (Snookie? Mike "The Situation"? Lol) but she is definitely NOT a "celebrity" anymore.

Bad Juju that you've given, comes back to you Wendy. 

• Love 5

I can picture Wendy doing a few you tube rant videos in her apartment. Other than that she will probably stay home in her bathrobe 24/7 and become a shut in.

I can’t believe she blew her career! What a shame. She made good $ for gossiping. Her job wasn’t that hard. 

Hopefully she will figure out her $/bank troubles. It would suck if someone stole her $ and left her broke! 

• Love 5
On 6/15/2022 at 8:43 AM, kristen111 said:

Wednesday:  Oh Hell no.  I’m out.  Too loud for me.  Sherri is just too much for morning tv.  Just NO.  See you all whenever.

Yeah i don't foresee it lasting long.  Maybe one season.  She's like in a different  bracket in that she has had success in acting, and in getting acting jobs.  Same with her stand-up.  Does she sing?  Haha the trifecta lol. I don't think she does though.  So in conclusion:  move to NYC (i think she will miss the sun), success, acting, standup, trifecta. She reminds me of Neicy Nash. In a good way. Luv Neicy.  I think they're  friends..anyway, back to you! Sorry.  Must sign off now.  yikes.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2022 at 10:38 AM, patty1h said:

Her mobility seems unusually impaired.  What’s the latest report on what ailment is causing this?  I’ve known some people IRL who had similar declines near her age, so it always causes me to wonder.  She was in a wheelchair last year, right?  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Her mobility seems unusually impaired.  What’s the latest report on what ailment is causing this?  I’ve known some people IRL who had similar declines near her age, so it always causes me to wonder.  She was in a wheelchair last year, right?  

She has stated it’s due to her lymphoma and Graves’ disease, but the shuffling of the feet makes me think something else is going on. It can be a symptom of dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and muscular atrophy. I’m leaning towards some kind of dementia secondary to her alcohol and drug abuse. 

• Love 4

She has stated it’s due to her lymphoma and Graves’ disease, but the shuffling of the feet makes me think something else is going on. It can be a symptom of dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and muscular atrophy. I’m leaning towards some kind of dementia secondary to her alcohol and drug abuse. 

Yes. It's called lying, deflecting, hoping for sympathy. I don't believe that W would be seen in public looking like an escapee from the psych ward, unless she planned it to get sympathy, attention. I guess it's just me and my unpopular perspective but I can see right through Wendy's b.s. 

However, I do respect all of the other poster's opinions. 🙂

• Love 4

I watched today to see what kind of a tribute Wendy would get on her last show.  Pretty tame, IMO.  Sherry spent about 5 minutes relaying Wendy's history and then the studio audience gave Wendy a short standing ovation, then it was on to Hot Topics.  I did say a silent "how you doin?" in honor of it being the end of an era.  I turned the channel after that, so there may have been more but I was done.

It was fun while it lasted -- I'll be keeping notifications on, just to keep informed of any more Wendy news.  

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I watched today to see what kind of a tribute Wendy would get on her last show.  Pretty tame, IMO.  Sherry spent about 5 minutes relaying Wendy's history and then the studio audience gave Wendy a short standing ovation, then it was on to Hot Topics.  I did say a silent "how you doin?" in honor of it being the end of an era.  I turned the channel after that, so there may have been more but I was done.

It was fun while it lasted -- I'll be keeping notifications on, just to keep informed of any more Wendy news.  

I can't believe Wendy destroyed her career  making good money for a few hours that comes with perks for 4 days a week over a bum like Big Kev. I wish her all of the best..

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I can't believe Wendy destroyed her career  making good money for a few hours that comes with perks for 4 days a week over a bum like Big Kev. I wish her all of the best..

Right.  She was great before him, she can be great again.  Its doesn't belong to him end all be all idiot. What scares me is his dilling up.  Is his connection to Wendy.  He's the only person who can still hurt her and push her buttons or trigger  something worse. But he has the capability for any of it.  She can rebuild herself, she's a master.  I'm the same age HAH so i can say that heh

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I haven't gotten a chance to watch today's episode yet, but it's sad if they only spent 5 minutes on her.   The entire episode should have been devoted to her history and best-of moments, and really I don't understand why Wendy couldn't have Zoomed in to say one last "how you doin'" or taped a goodbye if that didn't happen.

It is all very sad.  I know a lot of people on this site like to hate on her, but I feel bad.  I think she was probably doing what she thought would keep Big Kevin around and/or keeping it together while Little Kev was still a minor.  Plus whatever addiction issues she may have had not to mention being depressed about her situation.  Kev sounds like he really isolated her from friends and family too.  

Wendy wasn't perfect, but she was funny and carried on a show by herself very well.  I loved when she would just look at the camera and wink and give her cute, dimpled smile while she had a twinkle in her eye, or when she would blink madly to convey "what the heck is this person saying....they're full of it."  She wasn't too loud (Sherri).  She told a variety of stories and a mix between personal and gossip.  There was one moment in her last episodes where she did something about lifting up her breast to take out a pencil she was hiding or something and it was hilarious.  That was a flash of the old Wendy.  

I learned about her when Joel McHale used to mock her lighting up a Slim Jim, but watched her when home on maternity leave and DVR'd her ever since.  It's been sad to see her decline, but I think from what I've read today that she deserved a better farewell.  

It will be interesting to see how many of the staff will go to Sherri's new show.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, abc123 said:

haven't gotten a chance to watch today's episode yet, but it's sad if they only spent 5 minutes on her.   The entire episode should have been devoted to her history and best-of moments, and really I don't understand why Wendy couldn't have Zoomed in to say one last "how you doin'" or taped a goodbye if that didn't happen.

There was a longer tribute toward the end of the show.   Lots of clips of Wendy over the years and it ended with a big "How you doin" with the audience and staff.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1