Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Damn, sad news... Wendy's mother died earlier today.

Wow...very sad news. I would refrain from snarking this week, but I am sure we are going to get repeats. There might be a slight chance of someone filling in, but I doubt that can happen during this pandemic. I’ll just say she has my sympathy on this one. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well that would make Wendy fall off the wagon completely 

That's the first thing I thought about after hearing the news. Hopefully it won't. R.I.P. Shirley. 😔

• Love 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Wendy is on live today. She said her mom passed away several weeks ago.

Wow... That's shocking. To have a big secret in this day & age of over sharing. She talked about her mom for the first 13 minutes & then here & there. Apparently, her staff didn't know. Then she started in on Housewives.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

I wonder why the secrecy about her mom; that is a heavy burden to carry inside for so long.   I saw the notice posted yesterday about her mother passing and it read like it just happened, and today Wendy says it happened weeks ago.  It's a personal matter, I get that, but Wendy made both her parents a big part of her persona so why say nothing until the press somehow got ahold of the news.   

ETA:  This could explain why Wendy was in bad shape on the show about 3 weeks ago, but it also leads to more questions like, why she didn't speak up back then?  If she was sedated or something because of grief, etc. everyone would have been sympathetic instead of thinking she was drunk or using drugs again.   I don't know...

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 7

Anyone know when the mom passed away? Wendy said something about losing track of time but "it happened a long time ago".  What an odd comment. 

I wonder what Wendy's idea is of "a long time ago"?

ETA: I'm NOT in any way trying to dismiss or downplay the hurt of W losing her mom. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well that would make Wendy fall off the wagon completely 

It didn't happen over the weekend, it was a few weeks ago.  Right about the time we all thought she was losing it.  Turns out she was.  She got through telling us quite well. I know i couldn't have gotten 2 words out without falling on the floor.  My condolences Wendy, Im very sorry for your loss.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

It didn't happen over the weekend, it was a few weeks ago.  Right about the time we all thought she was losing it.  Turns out she was.  She got through telling us quite well. I know i couldn't have gotten 2 words out without falling on the floor.  My condolences Wendy, Im very sorry for your loss.

She also got through the past few weeks (BEFORE telling us) without a hint of sadness in her many episodes of filming. Weird. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

She also got through the past few weeks (BEFORE telling us) without a hint of sadness in her many episodes of filming. Weird. 

I think Wendy is still in shock. A month ago I would have thought the same, but you never know how you will react. My mom passed away a couple of weeks ago from Covid. I remember watching people on TV giving interviews about a loved one's death from Covid and I always said I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if something like that happened to someone I loved. Somehow I put on a happy face during the day and breakdown when I'm alone. Maybe that's what Wendy is doing. 

• Love 1

But I thought it was an odd way to handle things when she said her mother passed many, many, many, many weeks ago.  I mean we know Wendy is awful with the facts but when it comes to the death of her beloved mother you would think she could narrow it down to- she passed in May  or she passed in the summer or she passed 8 weeks ago.  Instead she said her mother passed 'many, many, many, many weeks ago'.   

Not to mention how long would she have kept it  a secret if it wasn't outed by the Shade Room over the weekend.  https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/12/06/wendy-williams-reportedly-mourns-death-of-her-mother/

Here is a video of her brother who says their mother passed on Sunday. 

Edited by Leilani
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Leilani said:

But I thought it was an odd way to handle things when she said her mother passed many, many, many, many weeks ago. 

Yes. It is odd but it actually makes sense considering this is Wendy we're talking about. JMOO but in Wendy's head, making herself think her mom died "many many many weeks ago" might have made it easier for her to go on her live show to confirm the news stories that her mother had passed last weekend. 

I'm not being unsympathetic about Wendy losing her mom. I get it. 

• Love 6

Wendy mentioned her cats. That she was grateful for them and that they kept her from being lonely. I wish I had paid more attention to write more about it for y’all. Cats can y affectionate with their owners and I really hope that in truth Wendy has bonded with them. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Ooo-kay. So. I'm confused. Wendy says her mom died "many, many, many, many weeks" ago. Does that mean her mom was in a coma or something all that time? 

Yeah. Once again W makes no sense. She'll be going on holiday hiatus soon so hopefully that will give her time to deal with the loss. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe Wendy is on drugs so she is confused what day it is. 

That could be, but I think other than a work day she just doesn’t care. Her personal life seems so unexciting that she doesn’t care what day it is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

If Wendy's mother had been on life support for some time and was taken off over the weekend or, as NowVoyager mentioned, she had been in a coma, it would make sense for Wendy to say she's been gone for weeks and her brother to say she just passed. It's all perspective.

• Love 4

Can anyone explain why "when" her mother passed is such a big secret? I understand why "what" she died of would be kept private, but when? Sheesh, was she the head of state somewhere.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am so over Wendy and she has some big feet and those sneakers that she loves to show off do nothing but accentuate that...

And her cankles with super zoomed in close ups of her weird pantyhose. 

I'll bet Mama Shirley left a good chunk of change to Wendy (and little Kelvin). Maybe that is why Wendy doesn't seem so upset.

I don't watch this show on a regular basis so maybe someone else on here can answer this question for me....everytime I see Wendy talking about her cats and she has a picture on the screen behind her,  it looks like the same picture she shows all the time of the cats. Nothing new, no new poses, same furniture in the background, cats posing in the same way. It's the same picture!! If I'm wrong could somebody please tell me?  thank you. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And her cankles with super zoomed in close ups of her weird pantyhose. 

I'll bet Mama Shirley left a good chunk of change to Wendy (and little Kelvin). Maybe that is why Wendy doesn't seem so upset.

I don't watch this show on a regular basis so maybe someone else on here can answer this question for me....everytime I see Wendy talking about her cats and she has a picture on the screen behind her,  it looks like the same picture she shows all the time of the cats. Nothing new, no new poses, same furniture in the background, cats posing in the same way. It's the same picture!! If I'm wrong could somebody please tell me?  thank you. 

I noticed that too and she mentioned them the other day. I think she got rid of the cats just my opinion.  Pets are not for everybody and I hope Wendy gave them to good people who will love them and take care of them.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I noticed that too and she mentioned them the other day. I think she got rid of the cats just my opinion.  Pets are not for everybody and I hope Wendy gave them to good people who will love them and take care of them.

I agree. I believe those sweet kitties have been gone for a long time. Wendy lies about everything and thinks we are all stupid morons who believe her. Pet owners/lovers always have pics of themselves WITH their pets. Wendy has never showed us anything but the same old photo. I despise Wendy... this sorry excuse for a human being. 

Like her dumbass "studio audience/aka employees" who nod their heads in agreement to everything she says. And they clap like trained Sea World sea lions.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

it looks like the same picture she shows all the time of the cats. Nothing new, no new poses, same furniture in the background, cats posing in the same way. It's the same picture!! If I'm wrong could somebody please tell me?  thank you. 

I put a lot of pictures out of my cats on SM. Since mine are 17 they don’t change where they like to sleep often. As a result I have a really hard time trying to make their photos look different and interesting. Especially for Wendy in a small apartment. Her cats probably don’t get free run of the whole place. Mine do and they still stick to 4 rooms (kitchen, sunroom, my bedroom and living room) even though they’re allowed anywhere in my 3 bedroom home. If she still has them, they have chosen their spots by now. You could go through my album and see about 50 on one chair, 200 on my bed, 50 of my boy in his cat bed, and quite a few of them both in sunroom sun puddles. So I get her not getting a full range of pictures. She should stick some reindeer antlers on whichever one tolerates it better for a seasonal portrait. Guess what holiday this was taken for  9B560874-0BA1-4C49-8F8D-6ED779D44636.thumb.jpeg.65245839dc8aa3d87b600cb9909fad47.jpeg

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I put a lot of pictures out of my cats on SM. Since mine are 17 they don’t change where they like to sleep often. As a result I have a really hard time trying to make their photos look different and interesting. Especially for Wendy in a small apartment. Her cats probably don’t get free run of the whole place. Mine do and they still stick to 4 rooms (kitchen, sunroom, my bedroom and living room) even though they’re allowed anywhere in my 3 bedroom home. If she still has them, they have chosen their spots by now. You could go through my album and see about 50 on one chair, 200 on my bed, 50 of my boy in his cat bed, and quite a few of them both in sunroom sun puddles. So I get her not getting a full range of pictures. She should stick some reindeer antlers on whichever one tolerates it better for a seasonal portrait. Guess what holiday this was taken for  9B560874-0BA1-4C49-8F8D-6ED779D44636.thumb.jpeg.65245839dc8aa3d87b600cb9909fad47.jpeg

What a cool photo and a beautiful cat! 🐾

I still stand my ground on Wendy and her cat pics. She doesn't have those cats anymore.

But thanks for having your positive outlook Mindthinkr.....(I would love to be wrong about my beliefs.)

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

What a cool photo and a beautiful cat! 🐾

I still stand my ground on Wendy and her cat pics. She doesn't have those cats anymore.

But thanks for having your positive outlook Mindthinkr.....(I would love to be wrong about my beliefs.)

I understand, and it has nothing to about whether or not I think she still has her cats. I was just defending the ability to curate different images of a cat that sticks to certain spots. BB says thank you for the compliment. Did you guess the holiday? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Mardi Gras? Or MY birthday? Lol!

I’m also a Pisces born around then!
You are correct. It was taken for Mardi Gras which is why I said that Wendy can do something to make the photos show more of when they were taken. A Santa hat or reindeer antlers would go a long way to shove this issue for her viewers. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That's no surprise. If her mom hadn't died, Wendy would be "going on hiatus" for lymphedema, thyroid condition, Graves disease, drug addiction, chronic laziness, exhaustion from working so hard. The list is endless. 

She's an old, tired fake a$$ bitch. Maybe Gold Bond will fire her this time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

She's an old, tired fake a$$ bitch. Maybe Gold Bond will fire her this time. 

I heard this in my head being said by Tiffany Pollard (New York) from Flavor of Love. I enjoyed watching her on Celebrity Big Brother UK too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Just another thought I have about Wendy's upcoming hiatus.....isn't her Lifetime movie coming up soon? Like January?

I'm sure Wendy would rather be in hiding when the reviews come out (I doubt the critics will be kind! Honest, but not kind) so perfect timing.

• LOL 1

**Just in case you haven't been watching, Wendy brought up Dionne Warwick last week during HT and said some things about her - she implied that DW was a big weedhead back in the day and probably still partakes.  A few days later, DW said on Twitter "Wendy Williams better stop talking about me".

Wendy got a brief mention on Saturday Night Live last night.   One of their skits was "The Dionne Warwick Talk Show", with a cast member posing as Dionne.  On her talk show she has young musicians as guests (Harry Styles, Billie Eilish, etc.) but is so old/out of touch, that she doesn't really know who they are and quickly dismisses them off the show.  When (fake)Harry Styles sat down, she asked him "why does Wendy Williams keep talking about me?".   Taken aback by the question, Harry replies "I don't know who that is!"  When (fake)Billie Eilish sits down, DW says "do you know anyoen who can put a hex on Wendy Williams?".  Billie just looks confused.

It was just funny that whoever wrote the skit decided to throw in the brewing Wendy/Dionne feud.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Wendy has always gone in hard on her meanness towards Dionne Warwick AND Iyanla Van Zant. Not sure why.

Who cares if DW smokes pot and her nostrils are big. Wendy could park a couple of Mac trucks in her own nostrils. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2