Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Bleeding Hearts

• Start Topic

Did David spring for the caf's fresh-squeezed OJ or cheap out with its off-brand Sunny D? Given that his Valentine's gift is A POEM, probably the latter.

Left-over inventory from his druggie days?

• Love 6

The show played "Donna" in season 2 when David and Donna got together.  It was cut for music rights later.

Oh, and I retract my comment from another thread about Kelly bashing Cousin Bobby a/k/a Danny 5 with the wine bottle...it was Kirk.

I don't know why but when Kelly tells Brandon that she loves him and he's just like "Yeah ummm...bye" it was glorious. She dumped him and tried to back with him twice.

Valerie, really? I mean I like Val but all of this blowing up on her face to make Kelly like her in the first place. You deserve it for a stupid plan in the first place and then just giving a shit later on. Even David didn't care and I think he got shit stolen. 

I just think that pimping him out was the last straw. Dealing with her fascination with Colin, her getting arrest and then secretive. Probably sick of her shit. Then she moves on next episode, so whatever. 

Did he actually tell people? 

But hey get single white female from rehab next episode. Glorious.

• Love 1

Awwwww, David is a good guy for not telling the others, and breaking up with Val so gently. Of all of these people, I think David is the only one that resembles a realistic good friend. He should go make some new friends. Actually, he does that. He is the only one with a life outside of The Gang, other than Kelly and her temporary coke friends.

• Love 2

Kelly's all "I lost everything." What? Uh...no. She still has her BMW, Brandon running to her rescue, Donna's friendship, the dignity (for lack of a better word) of not trading sex for drugs. And she'll be getting a cushy paid-for rehab. Ok, maybe she'll flunk a class. This is not even close to the typical "Intervention" participant.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, CicelyAlaska said:

For the sex out, is Donna dressed like...a baby? Is that a pacifier and a stuffed animal?

Yup. I remember pacifiers being a thing among the rave community, but that's not Donna, so no excuse.

You know, it kinda sucks that Jackie doesn't get mixed up in Coke!Kelly's shenanigans until she's about to hit rock bottom.  I would have loved a fight between Jackie and Coke!Kelly, preferably ending in Jackie slapping the spit out of her.

• Love 8

Extra: what do you mean by abstinence? Is kissing allowed?
Donna: Sure. Kissing, dancing--anything you can do from the neck up is ok.

Only awkward moving virgins would think that dancing is done without any movement from the neck down.

• Love 6

I don't know much about sororities, but after Kelly's stint in the cult last year and the coke addiction and rehab stay this year, how is she still in her sorority? Leaving aside the moral judgements about those issues (because I'm certainly not judging anyone with addiction issues), she wouldn't have been actively involved in the sorority for decent chunks of time, so wouldn't they have kicked her out by now? If anyone knows about sororities or was in one, please let me know what might happen in this situation IRL. 

9 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

I don't know why but when Kelly tells Brandon that she loves him and he's just like "Yeah ummm...bye" it was glorious. She dumped him and tried to back with him twice.

And then she tries to get back with him at the end of the season, too, and he kind of blows her off again by not giving her a direct answer. 

14 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

And then she tries to get back with him at the end of the season, too, and he kind of blows her off again by not giving her a direct answer. 

To give Brandon some credit, I think he saw that for what it was - Kelly had just found out about Brenda and Dylan being together in London and this is how she chose to react.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

"Bwan-din...HEP meee..."

OH GAH! The baby voice of addiction despair. One nice thing about this ep,though, Kelly got called out twice, 1x by Colin ("You really are a selfish bitch, you know that?") and by herself ("I feel like such a loser") in a rare moment of self-awareness. And I love Colin all "I am TRYIN' to get USSOMEBLOW." So dramatic and unintentionally hilarious. He isn't as intense when he's artist-ing. LOL! 

Donna just stop with the KinderWhore outfits. It  was so unflattering and gross on so many levels and it's kind of hard to bitch at someone when you're dressed like a Giant Hooker Baby. Shut up, Donna.

And, I know rapists rape because that's what they do so it doesn't really matter, but isn't Kelly supposed to be rich? Why wasn't she just like "here's your money for the coke I snorted, step off"? She acted like she didn't have any money and she was going to hook up with Cousin Bobby to get some coke. Which, again, I didn't get. Just buy the shit and get out. And also, Danny 5, way to keep customers happy by employing a rapey sales clerk. Idiot. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Klaw said:

And, I know rapists rape because that's what they do so it doesn't really matter, but isn't Kelly supposed to be rich? Why wasn't she just like "here's your money for the coke I snorted, step off"? She acted like she didn't have any money and she was going to hook up with Cousin Bobby to get some coke. Which, again, I didn't get. Just buy the shit and get out. And also, Danny 5, way to keep customers happy by employing a rapey sales clerk. Idiot. 

I figured they already blew (tee hee) through Bill's check by the way they were fighting about money, but yeah. Maybe she just puts everything on a credit card billed to either parent so she doesn't necessarily have cash? 

But also- the show tells us she's the hottest blonde in L.A., so I'm sure she could get into any club and snort the evening away for free. Attractive 21 year old girls don't have to pay for drugs.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Klaw said:

Donna just stop with the KinderWhore outfits. It  was so unflattering and gross on so many levels and it's kind of hard to bitch at someone when you're dressed like a Giant Hooker Baby. Shut up, Donna.

That was the style then.  Incredible when you look back on it.  I got married in 1996 and when I look at outfits I rocked on my honeymoon and at my wedding showers...*cringe.*  But cringing in an awesome sort of a way.

The baby backpacks get me the most, and Donna uses those for about two years straight on the show.  All of the hairstyles on the show are just like looking into a time capsule.  You could get Kelly's fluffy-ish curls using Trevor Sorbie Hot Sets, which was this spray lotion that was magic.  I doubt they even make it anymore.

2 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

But also- the show tells us she's the hottest blonde in L.A., so I'm sure she could get into any club and snort the evening away for free. Attractive 21 year old girls don't have to pay for drugs.

True.  And BURN.  Take that, CokeHo Kelly!  You have to pay for your snort!

• Love 2

That was the style then.  Incredible when you look back on it.  I got married in 1996 and when I look at outfits I rocked on my honeymoon and at my wedding showers...*cringe.*  But cringing in an awesome sort of a way.

Yeah but isn't 90s fashion coming back into style now? Hope you kept some of those items ;)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Attractive 21 year old girls don't have to pay for drugs.

Great point. Totally forgot about that. But yea, she went to see Danny 5 to specifically BUY coke, did she not bring enough cash?

It was all so confusing for me. Admittedly, drugs weren't my thing so I wouldn't really know but in my world, Kelly would have been "rich girl" (BMW, rent at a Beach House & tuition paid for by Mommy & Daddy, never had to work, etc.) so I just didn't understand why she was on her way to becoming a coke whore.

19 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Ha! Yes, I remember those days - I had a baby backpack that I LOVED and wore to death. I even wore bobby pins (not barrettes) in my hair and "pig tails" with the best of 'em but Donna always has to take it a tad  too far, IMHO and this was one of those times. 

2017-04-24-awt-bh-06.jpg

• Love 3

is it sad that I once wore those plastic barrettes that little infants where in their hair?  Or that I had a dress bought from the children's section of Macy's? (buries face in hands).

I thought the reason Kelly had to "put out" for the drugs was because these were pharmaceutical grade. (not for resale, only tail?)

@heshy that puzzle pic needed a trigger warning- luckily I'm working from home right now or I'd be busted!

• Love 2
On 2017-4-25 at 1:57 AM, ZeroDiscipline said:

Awwwww, David is a good guy for not telling the others, and breaking up with Val so gently. Of all of these people, I think David is the only one that resembles a realistic good friend. He should go make some new friends. Actually, he does that. He is the only one with a life outside of The Gang, other than Kelly and her temporary coke friends.

He has probably more friends outside the gang that we've seen. There were his meth buddies, DeadScott, his band for when the Electric Slide solved Racism, Walter Cheng (The dynamic duo), Lenny, I guess that girl who lost her bike, and I guess some media people that he worked with.

I would have loved to see Ginger and David ending up together. It beats Donna. 

13 minutes ago, CarmenMacCodykins said:

What is wrong with me?? How did I never realize that Danny 5 is Cousin Bobby?!?!?

Don't feel bad. I didn't realize it until (I think) someone pointed it out on the old TWOP 90210 thread, and this was when I had already seen the show about 3-4 times... 

• Love 1
On 4/24/2017 at 5:01 PM, TeeVee329 said:

You know, it kinda sucks that Jackie doesn't get mixed up in Coke!Kelly's shenanigans until she's about to hit rock bottom.  I would have loved a fight between Jackie and Coke!Kelly, preferably ending in Jackie slapping the spit out of her.

"I learned it by watching YOU, Mom!"

Edited by ivygirl
Accuracy
  • Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, AndySmith said:

Poor David, all of his friends moved away to And They Were Never Seen Or Heard From Again Island...well, expect for poor DeadScott, because, you know.

DeadScott, aka Not So Quick Draw.

Brandon's friend Matthew Perry is there too.  Cousin Bobby escaped by reinventing himself as Danny 5.

• Love 1