Type keyword(s) to search

Home Town - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yes, there was an existing kitchen, in the same location as the remodeled one.     The new kitchen was much better for preparing the teas, and other items for the business.    I'm sure they redid whatever mechanical systems they needed to.   

Erin said in Jemarcus's episode, that houses in Laurel have increased in price, and it's hard to find something for under $150k, that can be fixed within budget.    I'm sure there are still total wrecks of houses available, but the prices have gone up, just the way they have everywhere else.   

(The couple's last name is Steinwinder so the Leggett farm became the Steinwinder farm.   They actually founded the company in 2018, and have an operating business with the farming and sales.)

I wondered about the lack of pathway to the event space from the ramp.  I'm guessing that they wouldn't forget that, so maybe they just couldn't get it finished in time for the filming.    For that location, I bet they couldn't use a concrete truck, and will have to take wheelbarrows full of cement to do the walk, so it will be labor intensive.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

It's not the first time they've done a commercial space - they did a restaurant a couple of seasons ago.  That ceiling was really lovely. The kitchen was redone to be more of a catering/commercial kitchen (although I was a little surprised they didn't use stainless steel for countertops because of that).  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I deleted this. I don’t care about them redoing a home into someone’s commercial $$$ venture. Are they running out of affordable homes to fix up, like everywhere else? 

I feel the same, honestly.  I started watching the show because they fixed up affordable old homes in their small town, but the homes and budgets have gotten bigger, the games and antics have taken over, and Erin is a bit twee at times for me.  I record the show for the house hunt and reveal only, then watch the entire episode only if something really intrigues me.  I haven’t watched a full episode in some time.

• Love 3

As a person who is wheelchair-reliant, I was initially thrilled to see that a ramp was added in the back patio.  Unfortunately, my thrill was short-lived when they showed the plans.   The ramp goes off to the side of the french doors, while the steps lead straight down to the lovely courtyard.  

Which, fine, maybe that’s the only feasible option they had.  However, what really caught my eye, was that the ramp really led to nowhere.  There wasn’t a smooth pathway to get from the bottom of the ramp back to the courtyard.  The courtyard was surrounded by grass and was its own focal point.  How a person was to roll down the ramp, and then easily get to the main event wasn’t addressed.  Having to wheel yourself down a ramp and over unpaved terrain, just to try to find a way onto the courtyard, feels less than inclusive.  It feels like an afterthought.

It’s like someone checked the boxes (“the ramp is ADA compliant, the bathroom is accessible”) but no one thought about how the wheelchair user would experience the space.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

I feel the same, honestly.  I started watching the show because they fixed up affordable old homes in their small town, but the homes and budgets have gotten bigger, the games and antics have taken over, and Erin is a bit twee at times for me.  I record the show for the house hunt and reveal only, then watch the entire episode only if something really intrigues me.  I haven’t watched a full episode in some time.

Yes. They take all the realness out Of all these reality shows after they’ve been on a bit and they ruin them. I can’t stand American pickers anymore they do this with all these home shows house hunters is real fast forward material. Enough with the joking and the coyness, & the fakeness. . just show us more of the homes in their original condition & the renovations. And stop with the commercial property bs  or get your a separate  series for that

• Love 2

While I am not a fan of the commercial space episodes, I feel like they are staying true to their main goal of improving their town.  I believe their town has gotten an influx of tourists and new residents from other places as a result of the show and this is their way of promoting local businesses and “things to do”.  I’ve noticed that they’ve got a nice food truck setup (with picnic tables, parking, and green space) outside Ben’s workshop/warehouse.  One of the food trucks is owned by a family that moved to the area and was featured on a show.  

I understand the comments about needing more wheelchair friendly paths.  I also think/hope those might be a “work in progress”.  The lack of universal design in these shows bothers me.  Especially with “Good Bones” because I feel that their neighborhood locations are within city bus routes and they usually take things down to the studs.

• Love 6

I feel like the change in the show was inevitable.  It seems to follow the pattern. After 6 seasons people are pretty familiar with their general decorating style, so HGTV ramps up the "personality factor".  They have filmed over 70 episodes so far- it's going to start getting somewhat stale at some point.  

I can understand the commercial properties- Laurel is a small town and there is not an endless stream of houses available.  Plus, not everyone who buys would want to be filmed.  I imagine since the houses there are more affordable the inventory is lower than ever.  And, as noted by @Scatterbrained, it goes to their commitment to revitalize the town.

Evidently Erin and Ben recently bought a farm outside of town, and the renovations of that house will be featured on an upcoming episode.  They aren't selling their home in Laurel- it will just be a second home.

• Love 4

I think a lot of people who are buying a house for remodel either don't want to be on TV, or don't want to wait the amount of time it would take to buy a place, apply for the show, and wait until their time comes to remodel.   However, I think the house hunts are mostly for properties that aren't really on the open market, so the house hunts are legit.  

4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I feel like the change in the show was inevitable.  It seems to follow the pattern. After 6 seasons people are pretty familiar with their general decorating style, so HGTV ramps up the "personality factor".  They have filmed over 70 episodes so far- it's going to start getting somewhat stale at some point.  

I can understand the commercial properties- Laurel is a small town and there is not an endless stream of houses available.  Plus, not everyone who buys would want to be filmed.  I imagine since the houses there are more affordable the inventory is lower than ever.  And, as noted by @Scatterbrained, it goes to their commitment to revitalize the town.

Evidently Erin and Ben recently bought a farm outside of town, and the renovations of that house will be featured on an upcoming episode.  They aren't selling their home in Laurel- it will just be a second home.

I can understand the pivot into more commercial properties, I think I'm bothered because of the cross promotion. The restaurant that they previously renovated was a new startup in a newly zoned commercial/residential area. I didn't mind that the show has filmed scenes at the restaurant in later episodes as it's a new business finding its feet and it shows off the great design.

But this couple is just expanding their existing successful business that they started in 2018. They don't really need help or promotion for setting up a sampling space/store front and a private event venue. They were picked because they're colleagues of Ben & Erin and they can help each other promote their businesses (currently on the Laurel Mercantile site they have a full written ad for the tea company) but I would've preferred watching them help a failing local business, a startup or a something charitable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Barlowe said:

But this couple is just expanding their existing successful business that they started in 2018. They don't really need help or promotion for setting up a sampling space/store front and a private event venue. They were picked because they're colleagues of Ben & Erin and they can help each other promote their businesses (currently on the Laurel Mercantile site they have a full written ad for the tea company) but I would've preferred watching them help a failing local business, a startup or a something charitable.

+1

I didn’t pay attention all the way through and that was a first. Maybe this is how empires are built and I don’t begrudge the Napiers anything. I just don’t need to watch the 2.0 version. (See also: Gaines)

• Love 3
On 3/8/2022 at 12:59 AM, LoveIsJoy said:

As a person who is wheelchair-reliant, I was initially thrilled to see that a ramp was added in the back patio.  Unfortunately, my thrill was short-lived when they showed the plans.   The ramp goes off to the side of the french doors, while the steps lead straight down to the lovely courtyard.  

Which, fine, maybe that’s the only feasible option they had.  However, what really caught my eye, was that the ramp really led to nowhere.  There wasn’t a smooth pathway to get from the bottom of the ramp back to the courtyard.  The courtyard was surrounded by grass and was its own focal point.  How a person was to roll down the ramp, and then easily get to the main event wasn’t addressed.  Having to wheel yourself down a ramp and over unpaved terrain, just to try to find a way onto the courtyard, feels less than inclusive.  It feels like an afterthought.

It’s like someone checked the boxes (“the ramp is ADA compliant, the bathroom is accessible”) but no one thought about how the wheelchair user would experience the space.  

That was the first thing I noticed! On the plans, that ramp just went to nowhere and there didn't seem to be any way to get to (or onto) the patio. I actually forgot to watch the end of the episode (which I'll do later this evening), but I'm super-disappointed to hear that it wasn't addressed during the renovation. 

• Love 3
On 3/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love that the landscaper told them how to propagate the Sweet Olive tree, and they could replant the Camelias.  

I dropped my jaw at this, because when I tried to save my former neighbor's camellias (a developer cleared the lot and inserted a monstrous three-story concrete cube), two landscapers told me that old camellias don't transplant well. I've always regretted not saving those gorgeous camellias.

I didn't mind that this is a commercial space. It retains the old charm and it's not a big box store. The family is trying to hold onto its heritage.

Erin is a bit twee at times for me

I have always felt this way about her on-camera persona. It's forced. I posted seasons ago that she tends to stroll into scenes, makes a useless comment, and then strolls out. The flirty giggle drives me crazy.

They were picked because they're colleagues of Ben & Erin and they can help each other promote their businesses (currently on the Laurel Mercantile site they have a full written ad for the tea company) but I would've preferred watching them help a failing local business, a startup or a something charitable.

I also have noticed the Friends and Family pattern. These are well-to-do folks with connections to Ben and Erin - and their empire - and that's no longer the spirit of the original show.  The need for a big budget rules out a lot of potential homeowners.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

Tonight's new episode "Wraparound Porch" with the huge wet room so the husband can stay in there forever is just strange.   They do have a nice budget though, $350k with everything. 

The Wilson house, 7 bedrooms, 4 baths (the second featured house) is huge at 3500 sq. ft.  I love the millwork, but the original main bath en suite is hideous.  

I loved how the house turned out.     I suspect for the husband to stay in the shower that long, they have a tankless waterheater just for that bathroom, and another one for the rest of the house.    I bet they'll schedule the roof fix for when they can get a roofing crew available, and hopefully schedule for a dry period.    Some times of the year, there is very little chance you won't get rain.    

I have always wondered about drying up water behind the free standing tubs, and I still don't understand why people don't put them further out from the walls.    A plumber having to work on the tub is going to have issues too. 

I like that Ben and Erin feature local restaurants, like T-Bones, a combined record store, and restaurant.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tonight's new episode "Wraparound Porch" with the huge wet room so the husband can stay in there forever is just strange.   They do have a nice budget though, $350k with everything. 

He'll need to be rich if he loves to waste hot water.

If the grass cloth wallpaper is faux, it must have a repeating pattern that should have been lined up to avoid the vertical line between panels.  Even real grass cloth can be lined up.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2022 at 12:28 PM, pasdetrois said:

Erin is a bit twee at times for me

I have always felt this way about her on-camera persona. It's forced. I posted seasons ago that she tends to stroll into scenes, makes a useless comment, and then strolls out. The flirty giggle drives me crazy.

That, and her high-pitched baby-talk, “Do you like it?”  Sets my teeth on edge.

• Love 4

My eyes kept getting drawn to the patch on the roof.  It may have been watertight, but it was so ugly!  All of that work outside looked nice but that roof was a huge distraction.  
Liked the kitchen and the wet room, but even though it was water tight, having to wipe everything down after the marathon showers would be a pain.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Liked the kitchen and the wet room, but even though it was water tight, having to wipe everything down after the marathon showers would be a pain.

With that tub so close to the walls I wonder how they will be able to keep it clean. It didn't look like there was enough room to get a mop between the base of the tub and the tile walls. I would worry about the grout getting all mildewed and slimy. Am I the only one who thinks about things like that?

I do understand the husband's love of long showers. My late husband found a great deal of comfort in them at the end of his life. But, oh my! The water bill and power bill to heat the water are no joke.

• Love 7

If he needs the hot water for his back, I would think a jetted tub would work better than a shower as long as it was big enough for him to be comfortable in it.  Hell, since they are willing to spend all the money on long showers, why not just buy a hot tub? 

• Love 8

Did he actually say he wanted to sleep in the tub and have the water raining down on him? is he a moron Or what? Ever heard of drowning? I have never heard of someone who has a bad back just wanting a huge water room or whatever the hell they called it be better off in the tub or a Jacuzzi or something like that than just having the shower raining down in your back does not make sense  I kept thinking maybe he wanted it for something else 😄yep they seem to have the funds buying a huge house with all those bedrooms when they’re going to be empty nesters or they already already don’t even remember I didn’t like them and I wasn’t paying that much attention. I don’t know how these people are so sure that their kids especially boys are going to want to hang around and keep coming to the house with their families etc. etc. hasn’t been that way in my experience this is very old fashion and it seems like a lot of children today just check off on their own more power to them if that’s what they thinks gonna happen they seem like a very strange couple and I did not really care for the ep.

agreed that patch on the roof looked horrible. Really not that hard to fix either you can do it yourself it wouldn’t really be a big cost . wasn’t it just over the porch ? it looked really really bad very distracting I’m surprised that they just said to leave it

• Love 4

Why did Erin pretend she's invented something amazing by having the bathroom tiles (white subway of course, sigh) laid vertically? Does she really think the viewers are that stupid? Then again, this is HGTV so never mind. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

Honestly, the husband in this episode just seemed thirsty for attention.

Especially when screaming for the neighbours to visit his shower (they probably hide indoors when he's outside)!  His referring to "my boys" while sitting on the loveseat with his wife made me wonder if they were not her children, but those of a previous wife who grew tired of Mr. Thirsty.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

So last night's episode was labeled as "new" in my TV Guide

Lo and behold it's the same episode I saw 100 times with the family buying a vacation home near the wife's mother.

The crawfish table and pool gave it away to me.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The ones with extra scenes, and Ben and Erin commenting show up as new on my cable guide too, which frustrates me.  

My cable guide shows the original titles as a subtitle after "Memory Lane".  So, I can tell it's a retread.

The DVR still thinks it's new and records it, but I just delete without watching.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 4

No comments yet?  I guess everyone was watching Oscar drama.  

It was ok.  I am not a fan of lofts, or that particular style, but I do think it was what the owner wanted.  Turns out it was Jim and Mallorie's old apartment.  The whole "friends of friends" thing is starting to wear thin, but it is a small town so I guess it is hard to avoid.

I am starting to wonder how much longer the show will continue.  Erin and Ben have a lot going on- the stores, his new factory, and the furniture line.  Plus they don't appear to be open to uprooting their girls for a Rock the Block type situation.  I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the last.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

No comments yet?  I guess everyone was watching Oscar drama.  

It was ok.  I am not a fan of lofts, or that particular style, but I do think it was what the owner wanted.  Turns out it was Jim and Mallorie's old apartment.  The whole "friends of friends" thing is starting to wear thin, but it is a small town so I guess it is hard to avoid.

I am starting to wonder how much longer the show will continue.  Erin and Ben have a lot going on- the stores, his new factory, and the furniture line.  Plus they don't appear to be open to uprooting their girls for a Rock the Block type situation.  I wouldn't be surprised if next season is the last.

I watched…just wasn’t impressed enough to comment.

If the show lasts another year or two, they’ll already have gotten more than enough mileage from it to keep Ben’s furniture line going for some time.  He does make some incredible pieces.

I’m just bored with it.  The show was cute and different in the beginning, when they took some truly questionable little old houses and turned them into some adorable…and very affordable…little starter homes.  But now it’s all $300K budgets and cousins and friends of the family and it’s just not the same.  I also liked Erin’s cute/quirky design sense at first, but now, when a client has a $300K budget, some of her design choices seem very out of place.

Also, last night’s show had a laundry room/room for the Great Dane…with a photo on the wall over the dog’s bed, a slippery rug on the floor that they didn’t consider making non-slip, and white walls?  That room will look a wreck in no time at all.

Also, they were very impressed with their disappearing TV on the rooftop, but A) was that covering weatherproof? and B) the owner seemed to dislike TV, as he couldn’t wait for them to cover it back up.  It just seemed like a waste of space and money to me.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CraftyHazel said:

I watched…just wasn’t impressed enough to comment.

If the show lasts another year or two, they’ll already have gotten more than enough mileage from it to keep Ben’s furniture line going for some time.  He does make some incredible pieces.

I’m just bored with it.  The show was cute and different in the beginning, when they took some truly questionable little old houses and turned them into some adorable…and very affordable…little starter homes.  But now it’s all $300K budgets and cousins and friends of the family and it’s just not the same.  I also liked Erin’s cute/quirky design sense at first, but now, when a client has a $300K budget, some of her design choices seem very out of place.

Also, last night’s show had a laundry room/room for the Great Dane…with a photo on the wall over the dog’s bed, a slippery rug on the floor that they didn’t consider making non-slip, and white walls?  That room will look a wreck in no time at all.

Also, they were very impressed with their disappearing TV on the rooftop, but A) was that covering weatherproof? and B) the owner seemed to dislike TV, as he couldn’t wait for them to cover it back up.  It just seemed like a waste of space and money to me.

Yeah the show was really good in the beginning when they took very inexpensive classic old houses and saved  them. I don’t like the commercial redos I don’t like the lofts although this one came out lovely except for the shower, which if he ever has company and wants to take a quick shower before going, out there’s gonna be a show! Also a room for the dog is absolutely ridiculous anybody that has a dog knows that he’s not going to sleep in that bed in a room all by himself he’s going to want to be with his owner. And as you could see at the end the doggie door was idiotic because what’s he gonna do jump over the door? scratch it to pieces? I don’t know what they are thinking sometimes with some of their designs. The guy that did the built in cabinets and enclose the ducts: that was a fantastic job it looked beautiful. 
oh yeah and of course the ridiculous  outside TV and that ugly piece of wood that was covering it.

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 3

The whole premise of the show is to promote her home town...so of course there is going to be a lot of "friend of a friend of a friend" type of stuff.  The cross-promotion doesn't bother me because of this - they want to bring business into Laurel, MS...that's what the show is about!  It isn't necessarily about renovating homes...it is about renovating the town.  Unfortunately part of their success is that they have priced many young homebuyers out of the market because now people are flocking their for other reasons (and although I think the town is charming I can't imagine why - it isn't exactly close to the coast, it is hot and muggy in the summer - just not my thing (and I own a farm outside of Jefferson, TX would could be a twin in some ways to Laurel on a smaller scale) - I just don't do hot a muggy well).  

I think the dog will be allowed free run of the house but it is nice to have a place to put him when there is a need for it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CraftyHazel said:

It just seemed like a waste of space and money to me.

Yikes, but they must have thought it would look good on TV. Yeah, I recorded it, but am in no hurry to watch. And as I said earlier in this season, the bloom is off the rose, this isn't the show I wouldn't miss and could watch repeatedly. 

Maybe they changed because of reasons stated. Or maybe they thought they should evolve? But as the opening used to say, we take (paraphrasing) beat-to-shit old homes and shine them up. And save their town! Guess it's saved. 

Their touches used to be very personal. Ben still makes nice furniture, Erin seems to have gained confidence and they built a foundation for a $$$ life. Bon chance.

• Love 2

I liked the loft, but I would have bought the second one.   That could have been a forever location for the architecture business, and still have a lot of room for  a huge living space separate from that.   I didn't like the idea of the balcony for the second house.     

I love the history of the first house.   The part I found superior with the first building was the first floor office would be accessible to everyone.  The second building was all on the second floor, so unless the new owner put in an elevator, or rented an office on a first floor somewhere else, that would be an issue for access by clients.    That building also gave a total separation between work and living.     I wasn't crazy about the shower being so open.   I would have had frosted glass for the shower.    

I really liked Zeus.   

• Love 5
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I was kind of looking forward to Jim and/or Mallorie seeing their old place redone, but it was the rare episode when neither of them were on the show. I thought for sure they'd play that up.

43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I liked the loft, but I would have bought the second one.   That could have been a forever location for the architecture business, and still have a lot of room for  a huge living space separate from that.   I didn't like the idea of the balcony for the second house.     

I love the history of the first house.   The part I found superior with the first building was the first floor office would be accessible to everyone.  The second building was all on the second floor, so unless the new owner put in an elevator, or rented an office on a first floor somewhere else, that would be an issue for access by clients.    That building also gave a total separation between work and living.     I wasn't crazy about the shower being so open.   I would have had frosted glass for the shower.    

I really liked Zeus.   

I could understand why he didn't pick the second house because it's a little too much of a blank slate. The first had been renovated twice before and needed minimal changes so he could put his own stamps on it like the shower and wood details but he didn't need to fully start from scratch. I'd find the second so daunting because it's such a large blank slate with endless designs possibilities and if I don't have grand dreams in mind for it already, it could feel overwhelming on top of needing to design the business space as well. This way he gets a nice customized bachelor space with small storefront and once he's really established he can always upgrade to a forever place.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, RoxiP said:

The cross-promotion doesn't bother me because of this - they want to bring business into Laurel, MS...that's what the show is about!  It isn't necessarily about renovating homes...it is about renovating the town. 

But they're only renovating the White, middle/upper-class part of the town. 

• Useful 1

That isn't always the case.  I agree - some of these recent renovations have tended to be larger and more commercial and predominantly white couples, but over the entire run of the show they have featured homes for a diverse group of people.  I do hope that some of the future shows go back to renovating basic homes for people like Miss Pearl and the gay couple who were buying a vacation home - the diversity shown on this show is one of its charms.

• Love 5

I enjoyed Hometown Takeover and am looking forward to the new show. No idea when it's going to premiere but I like seeing them out of Laurel even if it's going to have a bunch of other HGTV personalities too. Anyone know the start date? I remember reading about the show late last year.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:23 PM, windsprints said:

I enjoyed Hometown Takeover and am looking forward to the new show. No idea when it's going to premiere but I like seeing them out of Laurel even if it's going to have a bunch of other HGTV personalities too. Anyone know the start date? I remember reading about the show late last year.

Home Town Kickstart will start on April 24.    There are six towns, with a home, business, and something else in each city, that will be remodeled, and each episode has a different HGTV host team.  

This article talks about the six small towns that will be featured, and the two or three hosts from other shows that will be doing the episode:

https://people.com/home/sneak-peek-ben-and-erin-napiers-new-show-home-town-kickstart-presented-by-people/

Out of six episodes, I may watch two, the one with Page Turner, and the one with Nate and Jeremiah.   The other four shows have hosts I just can't watch again. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

I guess that's a way for Erin and Ben not to have to travel with two young kids. But another HGTV shill show will only get me to record it if an episode is hosted by someone I want to watch (sorry, Dave, Jenny, Jasmine, mother and daughter, twins, Ty and she who will not be named, etc.) 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Home Town Kickstart will start on April 24.    There are six towns, with a home, business, and something else in each city, that will be remodeled, and each episode has a different HGTV host team.  

Thanks!

• Love 1
On 3/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, 3 is enough said:

Erin and Ben have a lot going on- the stores, his new factory, and the furniture line. 

I've assumed during the last several seasons that they are no longer involved with each renovation on a detailed level. I think when we see Ben doing demo or Erin talking about cabinets that an invisible design team is actually managing the project. Who can blame Ben for not wanting to tear out drywall in Mississippi's heat and humidity if he can be in his beloved workshop?

The loft is beautiful. Our dogs sleep on the same floor as we do, so I wonder if the owner really specified that Zeus be on a different floor, or if Zeus actually sleeps near the owner's bedroom. And I think Zeus can easily clear the Dutch door.

The balcony will be like an oven from about June through September, but it's a nice option. Maybe coffee in the morning.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

Erin used to have a show where she consulted with a design team, and I admired the fact that she wasn't hiding that.  I think she has a vision and she then works with other people to help flesh out the vision.

Zeus might can clear the gate but it probably won't happen.  Great Danes are so heavy and they aren't the most agile of dogs...not to mention they have a lot of health issues so hopefully he isn't left unmonitored for long periods of time.  It seems like his owner wants him near him most of the time, but I do think having a place where he can be confined will be nice, especially if the owner is having company.  But Zeus will be downstairs in his office so he will get a lot of time with his owner.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tonight's new episode is the last for a while.   I love tonight's episode, with the couple buying a house for her parents, and grandmother.  I like they want to convert a sun porch into a screened porch.    I'm glad they picked the first house.   I didn't really like the second house.   The grandmother's bedroom had two doors, so removing the windows worked for egress, and made the room so much more functional.       I loved the shower tiles with the silver mosaic tiles.   

They're going to have some other shows premiere in between, and April 24 the Home Town Kickstarter premieres with the first of six episodes.   

They'll have a couple of HGTV hosts on each week, unfortunately with Ty on the 24th, Jasmine.   I like Jasmine, but I can't watch Ty.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3