Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, nexxie said:

imo Eileen brings decency and heart to the show - without the Eileens and Kyles, these shows would be nothing but insecure, nasty bitches trying to be top dog.

Eexcept she sits and says nothing when her friend Rinna goes off on people.  

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know the details of Erika's parenting, but I did not think she said she had NO help. I thought she said she didn't use nannies. Bit of a difference, IMO. 

That dress was so distracting and horrible. When Andy asked if they ever re-wore their reunion dresses, I thought - NO ONE should re-wear that thing. Ever. 

She didn't need help because she left him when he was three.  She did not raise her child.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am trying to figure out when other HW's have over and over again brought up stuff on camera that the other gals don't want to talk about.

1. Brandi wanting to talk about Adrienne's fertility issues
2. Rinna wanting to talk about Kim's issues despite Kyle repeatedly saying she didn't want them discussed
3. Everyone on NJ who referred to Joe Giudice going to prison as opposed to "camp"
4. Everyone in OC regarding Brooks the Crook's cancer
5. Everyone in Atlanta who wanted to talk about Kim Z's sugar daddy early on in the show
6. Taylor Armstrong being abused (prior to Russell's suicide)
7. Bethenny's marriage
8. Luann's open marriage

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME. I'm not saying any of these examples is right, wrong or indifferent. I'm just saying it's literally the fabric of the franchise.

• Love 14

Were there an excessive number of commercials or was it just me? 

As far as the fashions go, Lisa Rinna won this hands down.   Her dress is gorgeous.  The style and color are perfect for her. 

Can Eileen cut her hair back to that long bob she had on her first season?  It was so flattering on her.

I don't usually mind Erika too much but she really did get a pass last night.  Did anyone else notice that the undies Dorit gifted Erika with were sheer?  So how are they going to keep anyone from seeing anything?  

I am no fan of PK's but he was treated pretty rudely.  If he's out there, let him speak.  And of course he's going to defend his wife. That should surprise no one.  It would be far more offensive if he wasn't defending her.  Jeebus.  If he did look away after realizing that Erika had no drawers on and never looked back, why wasn't this said, I don't know, the morning or two after when it became such a big deal??  

I did notice that when PK came out, Erika was busy examining her nails.

The video of Dorit speaking without an accent is hilarious as well as her "I don't know how that happened." I do.  You don't have an accent.  Nobody but Madonna apparently develops one overnight.  So Rinna was right on the money when she said the accent was fake.  To quote Vanderpump, "Own it!" 

Otherwise, tame and dull.  Following in the footsteps of Vanderpump Rules.  I certainly hope the Atlanta women are more interesting.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

That's why you allow them to do it.

Sure, her mother taught her important lessons that have later helped her navigate her life but if she had friends or was surrounded by other children who were able to rely more on their parents to do the same things her mother made her do herself, it's understandable that a child may identify that as something they don't have and would want it. Maybe the 'life lessons' were much more frequent than the few examples that her mom shared. Erika seems to feel that she spent her childhood being a grown up. I don't know at what age it started but if Erika felt like she didn't get to enjoy much of being a kid, then while she can acknowledge how her mother's toughness helped her in life, her trauma is from holding on to the feelings she experienced as a child. I don't think her feelings are that crazy and I think that would explain why she loved her grandma so much...because allowed her to be a kid.  I wish they would have shown a bit more conversation footage with her mother or show more of her THs talking about her mother where she was able to clarify that her mother was loving and affectionate with her. From the footage that made it to air, it came across as her mother being a cold, emotionless mother that basically made her fend for herself for all her life. I'm glad she was able to clarify things at the reunion though.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

It never sounded cockney.

As you said, it is about the surroundings. Ericka isn't originally from the South and living in BH but speaking with a Chicago accent. Ericka sounds like someone who would be from BH, who lost their original accent after leaving home. I'd understand if Dorit had an accent that had an Italian flair to it, after living in Italy. But even a few years ago, she sounded American. She met PK while she was in the US, and has been living in the US ever since. Her going for a posh British accent makes no sense.

If only she did have a hybrid accent. And her accent from a few years ago wasn't a hybrid accent, and that was when she was actually living overseas.

We need a linguist to weight in. And a voice coach. 

It seems like we recognize Erika's accent is affected by her surroundings, and that's fine, and she's not faking a BH accent, she's acquired it. But whatever the hell Dorit is doing IS fake, she couldn't possibly have a different way of speaking. She grew up multi lingual; I know that affects brain wiring.  It may have made her more accent-prone. The point is, none of us knows for sure. Since we don't know, why not just take her at her word that she's not intentionally faking it? The accent still sounds dumb either way.

• Love 12

Hmmm....never heard anything other than an American accent from my DH with European parents. Not too mention the (too many) months he travels overseas for work. 

You know what my DH siblings call his parents European humor? Brutally honest

Do I dare say his siblings also claim most Europeans never hold a grudge - they get even

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Obviously not all people are the same and maybe he does sound more American than he use to sound.

My fiance has an undeniable accent here in the US but when I've traveled with him to the UK and hung out with friends/family one of the things that kept being brought up as a little bit of ribbing was how he sounded to them and of course his American accent. BTW, they were LOVING my American, New York accent and couldn't get enough. So yeah, that's why how Dorit sounds isn't some huge deal. It's so ridiculously funny how "important" that detail seems to be. LOL.

Also, I'm Puerto Rican both my parents were born in Puerto Rico but moved to New York when they were 8/12. My dad when he speaks Spanish has a completely noticable American accent but no Spanish accent when he speaks English even though Spanish was his first language. It happens people.

• Love 19

This first hour felt like The Erika Show and I found it boring.

She has double standards and gives passes to Eileen and Rinna who mocked her the most with pantygate. She delights in Rinna's bullshit. Erika's stonefaced "I'm too cool" look annoyed me. Pretentious yet loves to play victim (strange combinations). She just seems calculated and wants to be "the cool girl".  It is so frustrating to watch Erika not care what Rinna or Eileen say or do but get so offended any time LVP or Dorit say anything. Also she kept butting in like when she butted in on LVP defending Dorit (coke allegations) and butted in on PK. She also does this thing where she just shuts people down: "shut up" "calm down" "you talk to much" "don't ever say that again"....RUDE

I'm irked that Andy didn't show clips of Eileen and Rinna mocking Erika! Also Andy seemed up Erika's ass. She seemed like a petulant teenager when asked if she minded if PK came out to the set...."it's not my show" LOL bitch please

However I did think Erika's make up and hair looked fine.

• Love 24

She grew up multi lingual; I know that affects brain wiring.  It may have made her more accent-prone.

Except in 2013 she didn't have an Italian or faux-British accent. Accents aren't a switch you flip on and off when it suits you. I'd understand if Dorit and PK were married and living in the UK for the last decade or so, but given that her accents seems to disappear when she gets excited or angry could suggest that since she isn;t focusing on it, she can't maintain the accent.

• Love 1
Just now, Vicky8675309 said:

This first hour felt like The Erika Show and I found it boring.

She has double standards and gives passes to Eileen and Rinna who mocked her the most with pantygate. She delights in Rinna's bullshit. Erika's stonefaced "I'm too cool" look annoyed me. Pretentious yet loves to play victim (strange combinations). She just seems calculated and wants to be "the cool girl".  It is so frustrating to watch Erika not care what Rinna or Eileen say or do but get so offended any time LVP or Dorit say anything. Also she kept butting in like when she butted in on LVP defending Dorit (coke allegations) and butted in on PK. She also does this thing where she just shuts people down: "shut up" "calm down" "you talk to much" "don't ever say that again"....RUDE

I'm irked that Andy didn't show clips of Eileen and Rinna mocking Erika! Also Andy seemed up Erika's ass. She seemed like a petulant teenager when asked if she minded if PK came out to the set...."it's not my show" LOL bitch please

However I did think Erika's make up and hair looked fine.

The true EG has come out! It ain't a pretty picture even with her glam squad at the ready! ;-(

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Sometimes I have a horrible Long Island accent and sometimes I don't. It really does come and go depending on the moment/nervousness/anger/drunkeness etc. And I lived in Deleware for a while as a kid and bizarrely, that crazy accent sometimes shows up out of nowhere. Also growing up in a russian-speaking household does weird linguistic things to my speech occasionally. Shrug. We really like to pick apart every housewife detail don't we? Lol lol lol!

Gurlllllll my Bronx accent can get extra thick, depends... And I could also speak where you wouldn't know I'm even from New York (welllllllll maybe not) lol but I do agree it gets thicker and thinner depending on the situation.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

Gurlllllll my Bronx accent can get extra thick, depends... And I could also speak where you wouldn't know I'm even from New York (welllllllll maybe not) lol but I do agree it gets thicker and thinner depending on the situation.

Same goes for Cara Maria on The Challenge. Most of the time you'd have no idea she's from Boston but when she's angry, frustrated or around other people from home, it comes out. I'm not sure what Dorit's deal is and I don't really care. If her accent is the worst thing about her, she's miles ahead of some other people on this show. 

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Honest question - has Dorit denied ever having an accent? Because then I might believe she's done work to put on the accent so that people can see it as something exotic about her, lol.

Dorito loves her accent. That is why she has it, IMO. She said herself in the reunion that she has no idea why she didn't have an accent in 2013. Not that she must have developed it after being married to PK. Just that she has no explanation for why she did not have one three years ago. (Going by having one in 2016 when she started the show). And I agree with other posters who have said that if she was picking up PK's accent, she would not sound at all like she does. 

• Love 5

Youse guys all have funny accents as far as I am concerned. You sound like high hats from thirty thoid street.

Zut alors, 'ow dare you say zat abot us?

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

I found some of this elsewhere but thought it was relevant given the Erika vs Dorit segment of the reunion which didn't address any of the shit Erika pulled.

Does anyone on this show realize how rude it was for Erika to show up in a t-shirt dress to Dorit's birthday party? It doesn't matter that it was a 2,000 $ designer dress. Does anybody see that as a middle finger? It's also bullshit that erika's excuse was "I'm going to be me" but then she uses the excuse of "oh that me is a persona don't go there" when she doesn't want to "own it". "I'm gonna be me"~Like what does that even mean in this context? Who on earth says wearing a giant t-shirt dress is being themselves? Everybody knows that you're supposed to conform to a degree at social events. Dorit gave her a negative sanction for intentionally breaking a rule, and Dorit's the asshole? Sheesh.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Same goes for Cara Maria on The Challenge. Most of the time you'd have no idea she's from Boston but when she's angry, frustrated or around other people from home, it comes out. I'm not sure what Dorit's deal is and I don't really care. If her accent is the worst thing about her, she's miles ahead of some other people on this show. 

My guess is that she's around PK all the time. Not even sure if its a language thing and more of a mimicking thing.  I unintentionally pick up mannerisms from people. Done it my whole life. I have a laugh that I picked up from a friend of mine. I hope beyond hope that no one notices cause it's embarrassing that I sound like her and would be mortified to know that the girls are aware. There were a few mannerisms I noticed about my mom when I was younger that all of a sudden I picked up. There is  this little sniffle thing I do that I picked up from another girlfriend (the girl whose laugh I stole sister). My storytelling has been influenced by a great girl friend of mine who is hysterically funny down to timing, tone and body language. I copied handwriting of friends who I thought had beautiful penmanship and I'm sure there is more. Its a weird trait I have and I have no idea where it comes from but I wouldn't be shocked if something like that was in play regarding Dorits accent. I mean if the other logical explanations that have been presented really doesn't cut it for some.

LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Andy is shady as shit. "Pink elephant" is a saying! Also wtf was up with him asking Dorit if she was really dirty for having multiple maids.

I thought Dorit handled herself well in both instances. 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Both Erika and Eileen are rude and dismissive.  They are so self righteous and the way they kept telling people to "calm down" every time the others raised their voice was rude and almost like gas lighting. Erika picking her nails and looking at the ceiling when PK was talking was rude and dismissive but I'm sure many will love it because the PK hate is strong.

Oh, but the Erika hate is stronger, my dear.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Vicky8675309 said:

If I watch an episode or two of an UK show, then I start using words/phrases like "brilliant", "spot on", "mugging me off", "bang out of order", etc... I can only imagine what I would sound like after 3+ years of living with a person or people with a British accent and I only speak one language fluently~English (and about 50% fluent in Spanish).

I can't stand Dorit nor her phony accent but, omg, this is so true.  Point taken.

I just binge watched all 4 seasons of Orange is the New Black.  Over the weekend I went into a restaurant to meet my sisters. They were sitting on a bench waiting to be seated.  I walked over and said, "Move over, bitches." They all looked at me like I'd grown third eye.  And I'm also now calling my husband, "Papi".  LOL.  I guess I need to re-think my hate for Dorit and her affectations.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Because Erika has claimed the title of "single mom" and referred to "how hard it is being a single mom", something she has no knowledge about as she did not raise her son, his father did.

Do we know for sure that she didn't have her son throughout any of those years?  She had him by herself as a 20 year old for the first three years (which aren't easy years, for sure.)  Where are you getting your info?  There tends to be a lot more to these stories. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Is Andy getting any flack/blacklash for being so far up Erika's butt? Does Andy just dislike Dorit for herself or dislikes Dorit because he like Erika?

Um, here? 

Andy laughed at the clip of Dorit's no accent on WWHL, I think he realizes Dorit and PK are try hards...

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Dorito loves her accent. That is why she has it, IMO. She said herself in the reunion that she has no idea why she didn't have an accent in 2013. Not that she must have developed it after being married to PK. Just that she has no explanation for why she did not have one three years ago. (Going by having one in 2016 when she started the show). And I agree with other posters who have said that if she was picking up PK's accent, she would not sound at all like she does. 

But Dorit has gone on record to say that her accent is a combination of her European travels, being married to a Brit, speaking different languages and having immigrant parents. Turns out that there's only one thing on that list that is different in 2013 to know and that is her exposure to her Brit husband. The only difference between the 2013 video and present is her inflection. You can hear her pronounce quite a few words much the same way she pronounces them now. I could hear similar (but not as strong) inflections from 2014 IG videos of her talking in the background while filming her kids. At the end of the day, who really gives a shit if she taught herself to speak like that or not? She's not claiming some posh superiority over others because of the way she speaks.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, lezlers said:

Do we know for sure that she didn't have her son throughout any of those years?  She had him by herself as a 20 year old for the first three years (which aren't easy years, for sure.)  Where are you getting your info?  There tends to be a lot more to these stories. 

The source is Erika.  She talked about the situation on Heather McDonald's Podcast. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Except in 2013 she didn't have an Italian or faux-British accent. Accents aren't a switch you flip on and off when it suits you. I'd understand if Dorit and PK were married and living in the UK for the last decade or so, but given that her accents seems to disappear when she gets excited or angry could suggest that since she isn;t focusing on it, she can't maintain the accent.

By switch flipping it sounds like you think someone always does that with intention, but what I am saying is I don't think everyone does. If *I* put on an accent, it's intentional, but other people (PTVers even) say that it's not. There are a minority of people who say they pick up accents without trying, and I don't think they have any reason to lie about that. Can't Dorit just be one of those people whose accent-proneness is just something perhaps we don't fully understand? Is that outside the realm of possibility?

• Love 11

By switch flipping it sounds like you think someone always does that with intention

I think Dorit does it with intention.

If *I* put on an accent, it's intentional, but other people (PTVers even) say that it's not

Well, we have PTVers expressing opinions from both sides of the fence...

Can't Dorit just be one of those people whose accent-proneness is just something perhaps we don't fully understand? Is that outside the realm of possibility?

Anything is possible. In this case, I just find it unlikely. IMO.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Is Andy getting any flack/blacklash for being so far up Erika's butt? Does Andy just dislike Dorit for herself or dislikes Dorit because he like Erika?

I believe when Andy gets on a RH coattails he is oblivious to what others say.  I kind of doubt his long time BFFs consider Erika a talent but might consider her a novelty.  It is kind of like when he wears out the Countess stuff with Luann.

I will be interested to see if this switch up with the hot topics coming up on Parts 2 and 3 drive the ratings up or this pretty pedestrian episode will drive the ratings down. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Andy is shady as shit. "Pink elephant" is a saying! Also wtf was up with him asking Dorit if she was really dirty for having multiple maids.

i did like her response..."I'm that clean." 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

By switch flipping it sounds like you think someone always does that with intention, but what I am saying is I don't think everyone does. If *I* put on an accent, it's intentional, but other people (PTVers even) say that it's not. There are a minority of people who say they pick up accents without trying, and I don't think they have any reason to lie about that. Can't Dorit just be one of those people whose accent-proneness is just something perhaps we don't fully understand? Is that outside the realm of possibility?

I’ll give Dorit a pass for the following reason, she confuses words….

i.e  diluted vs deluded and protracted vs projected

So maybe she thinks Intentional and International are one and the same

Okay, pass was temporary time’s up

I’m hoping when Rinna and Kim go at it…Rinna says while I am happy you are dealing with your alcoholism I see you have not gotten the help to treat your assholism (thank you Jel for that)

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What bothers me more than anything with this group is the "inherent" rudeness of a few of them.  I find it laughable someone like Eileen, can go on about LVP and her comments being low blows, when she tells another person, "you talk too much", or when LVP addressed the long windedness of Dorit in a more polite format the three monkeys on the couch clapping, finger pointing and laughing.  It is difficult enough to address a person long windedness and once presented bad time for a pile on. 

Rinna and Erika are tied for the worst in the rude department,  They are name callers and STFU types.  I expect more from Eileen because I believe in her core she feels like she can reach a resolution with people but her attennae  are just not getting the right signal.  As soon as someone speaks "their truth" it is like the thought train derails for Eileen and she defaults to dismissive.  With Erika and Rinna I just feel like they are not particularly bright and have tied themselves to intelligent men and somehow believe that makes them brighter then they truly are.

With the Erikas, Eileen and Rinna continually claiming their husbands would never say or do this (as Ken and PK have done). . . I wonder how these men feel about their wives interrupting, telling people to hut up screaming profanities and being all around rude to their cast mates and doing it in a very public forum.  There must be a helluva set of double standards in their homes. 

I laughed when Eileen complained about things Lisa said in her THs, like she, Eileen, never says anything negative about others in her THs. LOL

11 minutes ago, lezlers said:

She was married when she had her son so she didn't have him alone. She got divorced and moved to LA shortly after the divorce so again, she doesn't get to claim she was a single mom raising her son on her own for any length of time. And these are the things she has revealed in an interview with HM.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Both Erika and Eileen are rude and dismissive.  They are so self righteous and the way they kept telling people to "calm down" every time the others raised their voice was rude and almost like gas lighting. Erika picking her nails and looking at the ceiling when PK was talking was rude and dismissive but I'm sure many will love it because the PK hate is strong.

I hate PK, but that is just rude and I don't like it. What I dislike most about it is how stupid it is. Erika doesn't seem to be able to rise above her base instincts and try to be the better person in this. She wouldn't even have to try that hard and she'd end up with the upper hand. I don't dislike Erika at all and the tone of the conversations here about her (and nicknames) re pantygate has made me defend her many times because I found it so annoying, but in the end I don't think she's terribly smart. That, in addition to her insecurities, is unappealing to me. If it was ever in question, she's no match for LVP who I think is smart enough to wisely play just about every hand she's dealt. Outside of her animal charity work, it's my favorite thing about her.

• Love 16