Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Yolo said:

Still have an hour and ten mins. It's supposedly 3 hrs long.?

No it's not.  They glue a completely different show on to the end to make it look like it's 3 hours and trick DVRs.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, fliptopbox said:

My vice is Turkey Hill Iced Tea. I drink at least 3-4 glasses a day. But I have the opposite problem as Steven....it's very hard for me to gain weight. I was actually advised by a nutritionist to drink things that have calories instead of water.

He's probably on some form of Medicaid and prescriptions are either free or very cheap.

Medicaid is not a free-ride! There are limits and restrictions...and many providers don't accept it. I don't understand why these ERs keep medicating him!?  Is there some law that they must treat his pain?! Seems unlikely.  His pain won't kill him. There's something called an "uncompensated care fund" which hospitals dip into for the care of indigents or uninsured.  I don't know..., I can't figure out why the system in Texas is allowing this man to exploit it.  Not as if he isn't a known abuser!? Please splain Lucy.

• Love 3

Oh Justin, Justin, Justin. I love music too, sweetie, but OMG, just being Steven Jr's brother, Steven Sr's son and Mrs. Alcoholic Mom's son is enough to get thee to a therapist. All that plus weighing 600 pounds? That is the definition of not coping.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Michael Stabosz said:

No it's not.  They glue a completely different show on to the end to make it look like it's 3 hours and trick DVRs.

Thanks for telling me?

2 minutes ago, OSM Mom said:

1. Probably your tax dollars at work, and maybe he refinanced his house. 

Stop assuming that every penny that every person involved with every patient is coming from the government.  It's really obnoxious.  Did it not occur to you that Steven Sr. actually worked for a living? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

Woah.  39 prescriptions from 17 hospitals.

My daughter in law had what turned out to be a major issue. She had to go to several doctors before they figured out what it was. She was in pain and would have liked a little freakin' pain relief, and this one doctor tells her to have a drink!!!!   She's a young thing and didn't do what I would have done, which is call for his supervisor and refuse to leave until I had a complaint against this doctor, the hospital, and a bottle of pain meds.  And in my case, my religion forbids alcohol. So, I'm supposed to get drunk to dull my pain rather than take a pill (or 2)? Pleeze. Come stand here while I call the media.

On the other hand, for some reason, I get the pain meds I need, from the same institution my DIL went to. Maybe they figure at a plump 63, I'm probably not an addict. They forget that someone my age lived through the 60's and 70's. I don't drink, but I know my pharmaceuticals. : )

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Is this the season finale?

No.  There's another episode next week, but it's not a traditional episode.  It looks like it's a followup on Ashley D. and Lupe, 2 patients from last year.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Please tell me this ends at 10. This is worse than watching the Mama June show. Though I can see Honey Boo Boo being a candidate for this show eventually

Don't worry.  It's almost over.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, OSM Mom said:

Just 10 minutes. The third hour is Skin Tight. 

Ok, thanks!? Won't be watching that, this was enough skin for the night.?

Edited by Yolo
3 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

I swear his leg/foot is becoming it's own person.  A living breathing thing.

I'll see myself out.

1 minute ago, Louiseforsure said:

OMGAAAHH, the boogers smeared across the wall next to his bed!!! 

Welp then...   I don't think I'll ever be able to  those two images out of my head.    

• Love 1

I am on a Medicaid insurance plan because I am on SSI for medical issues, my prescriptions each cost $1. A few are free. I don't have copays for anything, and most doctors around here accept my insurance. So yeah, Medicaid is pretty much a free ride.

3 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I'm gonna need some confirmation that those taking a drink when Steven said he needed drugs are still alive before I can go to bed.

Er, well ahm sTIll heeere and absowloosly not feeling any afex from my KONsumpshum of alka, alka........ um likka, nope, not all, bluuurgggh...........

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

where did he get the money to pay for all of those pills?

In part 1, he smugly gloated while thanking the taxpayers for buying his meds. In my state there's no Medicaid limit on the number of prescriptions.  

At least Justin is working and I assume Dad has a job since he doesn't stay in Houston.  

4 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

Stop assuming that every penny that every person involved with every patient is coming from the government.  It's really obnoxious.  Did it not occur to you that Steven Sr. actually worked for a living? 

I would love it if he worked. I just don't see how he can work at a job considering the man babies he's constantly taking care of.   But if he actually has a job, I think that's great. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, fliptopbox said:

I am on a Medicaid insurance plan because I am on SSI for medical issues, my prescriptions each cost $1. A few are free. I don't have copays for anything, and most doctors around here accept my insurance. So yeah, Medicaid is pretty much a free ride.

It depends on the State.  Federal program but run by states who have a lot of latitude about eligibility rules.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Christina said:

A storm just knocked my satellite out. I see him step on the scale, then nothing. What happened? 

He lost 74 lbs., his heart grew 10 sizes that day, and he called and apologized to his brother for being a jerk wad their whole life.

Edited by gardendiva
  • Love 10