Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

As a presenter at a Leadership Summit, she should at least TRY to dress professionally, fix her hair, and wear at least a touch of makeup (so the people in the back can see her face as more than a blur).  She should have some shame for presenting herself as a professional anything, much less a leader.  

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

"Living Without Shame," yep, sounds about right!

And my lord, she is truly enormous. I'm not trying to be like "she's so fat, gross," but seriously, how does she even LIVE like that? We're talking basic quality of life, at this point.

It concerns me that so many colleges & organizations give her a platform for her hypocrisy. It gives her a validity she doesn' t deserve. Don't any of these event bookers watch her show to see how disabled she is & how she is doing nothing to change that?

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 6

Wow    I hope its the dress or the camera angle because she looks like she is over 400 lbs now.

How does she sit?

She should be off tv.    Promoting her death wish bullshit life could be killing people either too stupid or in denial willing to live on excuse and blame.

Plead with A&E for an Intervention.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cherrio said:

Wow    I hope its the dress or the camera angle because she looks like she is over 400 lbs now.

How does she sit?

She should be off tv.    Promoting her death wish bullshit life could be killing people either too stupid or in denial willing to live on excuse and blame.

Plead with A&E for an Intervention.

I agree! And even worse is she gets another season of this delusional stupidity. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I agree! And even worse is she gets another season of this delusional stupidity. 

It seems we're watching her fall apart right before our eyes. I shudder to think of how far she'll descend in the next season.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Delusional is a key word when it comes to a lot of people on reality TV . . . and in life.  I look at Whitney like I do anyone who has no real idea of how non-fabulous they are in the eyes of the world.  People who are so obese they cannot walk across a room without being out of breath, cannot fasten their own shoes, seldom shower, assume that anyone they meet has the "hots" for them, and take no pride in their personal appearance are not seen as fabulous in the eyes of most people.  They are pitiable.  I feel the same way about litigants on court shows who have no "real" jobs, but claim to be rap artists, music producers, entrepreneurs, etc.  If they're not making enough to pay for their own housing, food, etc. (and, no, I don't think that includes Section 8, welfare and food stamps), they are delusional.

Instead of a "No Body Shame" campaign, we need to start a "No Delusion" campaign.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

If they keep putting out spolier clips then we wont have to watch lol. She is like a dog with a bone on Roy. Clip she can't let it go! 

There must have been a lot more that went on than what they showed because otherwise it makes no sense why Whitney is so convinced that he never had a girlfriend. That's just a really weird conclusion for her to jump to. And LOL at her saying that she doesn't want him to think that she can't handle the truth. The irony!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

There must have been a lot more that went on than what they showed because otherwise it makes no sense why Whitney is so convinced that he never had a girlfriend. That's just a really weird conclusion for her to jump to. And LOL at her saying that she doesn't want him to think that she can't handle the truth. The irony!

And the fact that, if he lied about having a girlfriend, then he is REALLY SUPER NOT INTERESTED in Whitney. Oh my god, she is so nuts. "You don't have a girlfriend after all! You must have said you did because...you want to date me!" WTF. Next she's gonna claim Todd isn't gay and only claims he is because he is in love with Whit.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And the fact that, if he lied about having a girlfriend, then he is REALLY SUPER NOT INTERESTED in Whitney. Oh my god, she is so nuts. "You don't have a girlfriend after all! You must have said you did because...you want to date me!" WTF.

Even worse, if he lied, it's because he felt he could not tell her the truth without being trapped by her. He seems to be a nice guy. How sad it is that he has to defend himself with her.

Whitney, take a hint. Oh, man, more than just a hint... listen to the guy. He is NOT interested!

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I think some skirts/dresses can make one look even bigger. That said, I'm relieved to see her presenting to a crowd in something other than skin tight leggings showing every roll, huge bum & tummy for display - somewhat of an improvement & a reprieve for the crowd.

The top, well, at least it's not a sports bra.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

That is why I love listening to the radio show esp the next day after an episode. Now he did say to her when they first met he didn't have a girlfriend (after her first day and they all went to lunch together) but sometime after that he did have a girlfriend. He talked about her on the radio, nothing specific though. I have a slight idea who he was seeing. They did break up fairly recently. The skinny was filmed beginning of march too. Last season he even addressed the romance rumors and said he was not interested in whitney like that. Now why in the world whitney not listen to the radio she was "working" at and hear what they do on a daily basis. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Now why in the world whitney not listen to the radio she was "working" at and hear what they do on a daily basis. 

Her busy schedule, and her "dance career." 
And yes, he'd have made up a girlfriend if he had to, to stave off Whitney.
Can anyone tell if she's wearing shoes?
'Cause you're headin' for Houston in a handbasket if you can no longer wear shoes.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Complexity said:

When Buddy walks out, he appears to be holding a can of some kind. Can anyone tell what it is?

Never mind... it's just a bottle of water.

Sorry @Complexity, I was trying to quote the original link. I wanted to say that I do absolutely think Luby has an anger problem; I come from a family of rageaholics and I know the signs. However, I think this scene is as fake as Whitney's hair. Luby isn't a good enough actor to pull it off; clearly he doesn't understand his motivation, why he's even supposed to be mad about that particular line of questioning. Doesn't bode well for the reunion content if they have to manufacture such weak drama. 

3 hours ago, greekmom said:

Harmful if ingested by pets - FYI.

Thanks for adding that! The whole time I was reading your post I was like, "bad for pets! bad for pets!" and then was like, whew okay, never mind. 

2 hours ago, AmyB said:

If they keep putting out spolier clips then we wont have to watch lol. She is like a dog with a bone on Roy. Clip she can't let it go! 

How does a person get to be this deluded, this self-satisfied, and this narcissistic? She's gotta be diagnosable at this point. She's truly ill. If a FIVE YEAR OLD centered him/herself this much in everyone else's world, we'd consider it to be age-inappropriate. How did Whitney avoid ever learning that everything isn't always about her? It has to be a mental illness. 

Two unrelated points: 

• I don't know why they bother having this Shaun person moderate; she's clearly just a mouthpiece for Whitney. 
  • Roy has put back on all the weight he was losing, plus some. This show is killing everyone involved with it. 
  • I hate Whitney so much. She is just a character on a television show, and I actively hate her. That's how terrible she is. 
Edited by Pachengala
and one bonus point!
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

How does a person get to be this deluded, this self-satisfied, and this narcissistic? She's gotta be diagnosable at this point. She's truly ill. If a FIVE YEAR OLD centered him/herself this much in everyone else's world, we'd consider it to be age-inappropriate. How did Whitney avoid ever learning that everything isn't always about her? It has to be a mental illness. 

Hmm.  Nope, won't say it.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Sorry @Complexity, I was trying to quote the original link. I wanted to say that I do absolutely think Luby has an anger problem; I come from a family of rageaholics and I know the signs. However, I think this scene is as fake as Whitney's hair. Luby isn't a good enough actor to pull it off; clearly he doesn't understand his motivation, why he's even supposed to be mad about that particular line of questioning. Doesn't bode well for the reunion content if they have to manufacture such weak drama. 

Thanks for adding that! The whole time I was reading your post I was like, "bad for pets! bad for pets!" and then was like, whew okay, never mind. 

Two unrelated points: 

• I don't know why they bother having this Shaun person moderate; she's clearly just a mouthpiece for Whitney. 
  • Roy has put back on all the weight he was losing, plus some. This show is killing everyone involved with it. 
  • I hate Whitney so much. She is just a character on a television show, and I actively hate her. That's how terrible she is. 

Yes to everything! I noticed roy had gained his weight back, which is sad cuz he was doing really good too. I wish the producers would have let him wear his can't even shirt. 

I also actively hate twit too. Its not so much her being a charatcer on a tv show but more so that she is such a lying narcisstic manipulator.   

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And the fact that, if he lied about having a girlfriend, then he is REALLY SUPER NOT INTERESTED in Whitney. Oh my god, she is so nuts. "You don't have a girlfriend after all! You must have said you did because...you want to date me!" WTF. Next she's gonna claim Todd isn't gay and only claims he is because he is in love with Whit.

I am sure in Whitney's mind, Roy making up an imaginary girlfriend was solely to project himself as not-a-loser to the woman he really wanted, but knew was completely  out of his league.  And that's because she absolutely knows that NO woman would be attracted to Roy because, I assume, he's fat. It certainly wouldn't be to protect himself from her advances because he should be so lucky!

[Just like no man would be attracted to her because she's fat? No, because she's fabulous and Roy is not? So fat is only a deterrent to attraction when it's ordinary obesity and not fabulous obesity?]

But lo! Out of generosity of spirit or desperation, whichever, Whitney condescends to entertain Roy's texting her, and naturally assumes that every event, location, or experience  that he mentions or describes carries a clear and wistful "how I wish you were here, too" message. And all of his low-key, but sincere and charming courtship via text leads her to unexpected tingling!  How odd and unexpectedly wonderful that she would find herself with feelings for a man she had believed could not attract any woman, let alone her!

So she after she dumps Lennie, she coyly plans to let Roy know of her new interest.  At his job. In front of his co-workers. On air.  He's going to be so thrilled! She's completely flummoxed and blindsided when he says he is actually seeing someone, and he believed his communications with her were just casual chatting. She simply REFUSES to believe him. She has the texts! She KNOWS he has been pining for her.  He takes her to lunch and does a very comprehensive and clear "let her down gently" explanation of his state of mind. Not interested. (He's what, 7 or 8 years younger than her? That would be enough all by itself as an acceptable reason a guy isn't all that into a woman, particularly if he's still in his twenties and she is thinking "biological clock is ticking.") Roy comes across as a nice guy who has no trouble expressing himself when necessary.

But it's not enough for our Whitney. She knows he made up the girlfriend and she wants to know what he was really thinking. If it wasn't because he wanted Whitney to think other women found him desirable, so she would see him in a new light, then what was it? Because if that was his reasoning, well it seems to have worked - she's his for the taking, so WTF is he playing at? Or was it that she was so awful, he felt forced to make up an imaginary girlfriend just to scare her away? If so, he owes it to her to admit it! Because that will make her seem, or be, or  . . . .  Why does she want this? Why can't she simply take him at his perfectly reasonable word?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, AmyB said:

Clip of buddy's temper 

he really needs to get himself in check, his weight, attitude, temper and apparently his finances.  

And does he brub at the very beginning of this clip? 

Weird how Heather doesnt make a move to go out and calm her man down. Cant risk losing her spot on camera? Or maybe we're seeing the reason why they still dont live together after however many years.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I don't know why they bother having this Shaun person moderate; she's clearly just a mouthpiece for Whitney.

Given that this show is My Big Fat Fabulous Life, could they have picked a skinnier person as moderator? Although I'm sure Shaun (is that her name) is a wonderful person and great at her job, it seems she was selected specifically because she is in-your-face-undeniably stick thin.

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Given that this show is My Big Fat Fabulous Life, could they have picked a skinnier person as moderator? Although I'm sure Shaun (is that her name) is a wonderful person and great at her job, it seems she was selected specifically because she is in-your-face-undeniably stick thin.

And calling the show the Skinny. I was laugh at that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

"Living Without Shame," yep, sounds about right!

And my lord, she is truly enormous. I'm not trying to be like "she's so fat, gross," but seriously, how does she even LIVE like that? We're talking basic quality of life, at this point.

Like so many people do (and not just in reference to weight,) Whitney is confusing "shame" with "respect." Nobody wants her, or anyone else, to feel ashamed of their size. But we do want them to have enough respect for their physical bodies to take proper care of those bodies.

Whitney has no shame about how she looks, and that's fine. But unlike most human beings, she has also has no respect for her own body and refuses to take care of it. That's 100% typical of addicts (of all sorts.)

I guess it follows that since she has no respect for the body she lives in, she has no respect for the house she lives in or even the car she drives. All three of those things are trashed.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, okerry said:

Like so many people do (and not just in reference to weight,) Whitney is confusing "shame" with "respect." Nobody wants her, or anyone else, to feel ashamed of their size. But we do want them to have enough respect for their physical bodies to take proper care of those bodies.

Whitney has no shame about how she looks, and that's fine. But unlike most human beings, she has also has no respect for her own body and refuses to take care of it. That's 100% typical of addicts (of all sorts.)

I guess it follows that since she has no respect for the body she lives in, she has no respect for the house she lives in or even the car she drives. All three of those things are trashed.

And she has no respect for her friends, her coworkers, or for her own self.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

Luby isn't a good enough actor to pull it off; clearly he doesn't understand his motivation, why he's even supposed to be mad about that particular line of questioning. Doesn't bode well for the re.union content if they have to manufacture such weak drama. 

I don't know, Pachengala.  I'm not saying this isn't all scripted, but when he said he was tired of being shown as a loser on the show, that rang true to me.  (Of course, he has been, and all the evidence suggests that he is one, but that would make it all the more infuriating to someone in Buddy's position.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AmyB said:

She is like a dog with a bone on Roy. Clip she can't let it go! 

Good lord, Twit.. LET IT GO! HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU! Seriously, get a grip. It's crap like this that, even if you had been a rockstar intern, you will not be getting a job with them. No one wants to listen to your constant claims that every man wants you and is lying if they don't immediately strip down to get it on.

It also bothers me that her boobs are tilted and uneven. Honey, if you wore a real bra, that wouldn't be nearly the problem. Hoist the girls off your gut. (One big chested girl to another)

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I don't know, Pachengala.  I'm not saying this isn't all scripted, but when he said he was tired of being shown as a loser on the show, that rang true to me.  (Of course, he has been, and all the evidence suggests that he is one, but that would make it all the more infuriating to someone in Buddy's position.)

That part *did* seem unexpectedly honest to me; I mean, he does look like a loser. So hmmmm, yeah, I could be wrong. Something about it seemed so OFF to me, like we're missing some of the story, and that made it feel faked. 

If it was real, and Luby does feel like he's being made to look bad, why doesn't he just quit already? The money can't be great, and it's clearly killing him. It's not worth it, Luby! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

Cuz she is completely delusional and lives in her own mind. 

Yes, but what is she expecting from him?

"OK," says Roy, "You've pinned me down. I made up the girlfriend. But it had absolutely nothing to do with you. Maney kept trying to fix me up with his wife's friends, and I didn't want to go out with any of them, and she was getting offended, and he was getting mad at me. So I made up having a girlfriend so he would drop it. You just happened to come along at the time when I was trying to figure out a way to get out of these dates without upsetting either of them."

Whitney gapes at Roy. "It didn't have anything to do with me?"

Roy: "Nope."

Whitney: "So you do want to go out with me, after all! I KNEW it!"

Roy: "No, Whitney. I don't. I stupidly thought I could kill two birds with one stone, without hurting anyone's feelings, but clearly that isn't working. Maney's going to kill me. I'm not attracted to you that way and I don't want to date you."

Whitney: B-B-But you said I was a beautiful girl! You said I was funny and smart! And we're both fat! H-H-How could you?  You're not telling the truth! You DO want me! You DO!!!

Roy: "Maney, please. Kill me now."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Clip of buddy's temper

he really needs to get himself in check, his weight, attitude, temper and apparently his finances. 

Back in the studio, things are seriously awkward as Whitney tells Shaun: “He has just a little temper.”

Wow, way to throw your friend under the f-ing bus.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

5 hours ago, Pachengala said:

That part *did* seem unexpectedly honest to me; I mean, he does look like a loser. So hmmmm, yeah, I could be wrong. Something about it seemed so OFF to me, like we're missing some of the story, and that made it feel faked. 

If it was real, and Luby does feel like he's being made to look bad, why doesn't he just quit already? The money can't be great, and it's clearly killing him. It's not worth it, Luby! 

Maybe he needs the $$.  And maybe he was in other "scenes" that he thought were fun or interesting - only to watch and find out he's portrayed as a freeloading bum.  He probably thought he could at least sit there for the reunion show, give Jiya the finger, and walk off with a paycheck and free trip to CA.  At any rate, I too thought he was sad at being portrayed as a loser, and if what he did is "temper" then he's probably pretty easy to live with :)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AmyB said:

Clip of buddy's temper 

OK, so being elderly & not with it, I had to go to the Urban Dictionary for this one. Given the possibilities listed there, do you mean to say he has a partial erection?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Dot said:

OK, so being elderly & not with it, I had to go to the Urban Dictionary for this one. Given the possibilities listed there, do you mean to say he has a partial erection?

Oh dear, how naïve am I? I thought it was a typo for "burp!" :-)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Oh dear, how naïve am I? I thought it was a typo for "burp!" :-)

It never occurred to me that it might simply be a typo. I've spent so much time in the Urban Dictionary or Wikipedia trying to figure out what y'all are saying in this forum that I thought this was just another neologism of which I was unaware. (And since we all seem to be waving our parchments in "The Skinny" thread, I earned an MA at Stanford.)

So, @AmyB, which is it: a burp or a brub?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, John M said:

I still want to know if clurb is actually a thing people say or if it was Whit trying to be cute.

It, too, is in the Urban Dictionary both spelled clurb & clerb.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, John M said:

I still want to know if clurb is actually a thing people say or if it was Whit trying to be cute.

As Dot says, it's in the urban dictionary.  And if Twit was trying to be cute, she failed.  Again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dot said:

(And since we all seem to be waving our parchments in "The Skinny" thread, I earned an MA at Stanford.)

I went to Stanford, too! Good times.

53 minutes ago, John M said:

Clurb is one of those slang words that was probably used in a hip hop song, then people like Whitney start using it ironically because they think it's funny to act "hood" when, in fact, no one in the hood actually speaks that way. Kinda like "fo shizzle"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, M.F. Luder said:

I went to Stanford, too! Good times.

Clurb is one of those slang words that was probably used in a hip hop song, then people like Whitney start using it ironically because they think it's funny to act "hood" when, in fact, no one in the hood actually speaks that way. Kinda like "fo shizzle"

In San Diego, it's an acronym for Citizens Law Enforcement Review. And there is a hiphop song, but it didn't come out until 2017. Clurb seems to date back to a club called Gin & Tacos; it even sells tees & bumper stickers. (I got all this from a Google search.) Anyway, it doesn't seem to be something Twit invented but, rather, gloomed onto.

18 hours ago, Dot said:

Omg it was a typo hahah. I soooo didn't even notice I did that. Sorry it was supposed to be burp lol. 

• Love 4

I have long suspected Buddy and Heather were no longer together as they were rarely shown together this season. Like, almost never. But they have pictures together on social media so...not sure. I'm rewatching this thing on demand while waiting for the repairing of My 600lb Life and holy hell is this Roy situation annoying. Why is she so convinced that he's into her? Like she's scrolling through going "is this friendship level texting?" Well...it could be. What do they say? I texted my husband 6 whole times in the past week and a random friend about 10x that much. And I LURVE my husband (please get the Annie Hall reference). I'm just fond of my friend.

I'm a parchment waver! MS, MD/PhD from Tulane here! And I don't use a single one of them anymore. I sit on my couch and bitch about big fat fabulous people! :D

• Love 9

Sooo, the Fitness Marshall keeps a VLOG on Youtube of his adventures on the road with his manager/tour organizer/significant other, and the backup booties. They all travel in a van together!* They share hotel rooms where they collapse in tired heaps after the concerts, or mock wrestle or put on face masks and curl up together. They pull pranks on each other. They fight and make up! They go-go-go! They fuel themselves on coffee and junk food snacks!  I also noticed that the former (?) plus-size backup booty, Alison, looks to be less than half Whitney's size, considerably younger, and she can jump, turn and kneel to the floor with no visible trouble.  How TFM intends to incorporate someone of Whitney's size into this lifestyle is not entirely clear to me, but I have to say I think it would make for some . . . . interesting television.

*except one video I saw where they were taking a ten hour Greyhound bus trip, and the backup booties complained about finding a used needle in one of their seats, and the fact that one of the other travelers was overly friendly to them, because he had just (that day!) been released from jail.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Sooo, the Fitness Marshall keeps a VLOG on Youtube of his adventures on the road with his manager/tour organizer/significant other, and the backup booties. They all travel in a van together!* They share hotel rooms where they collapse in tired heaps after the concerts, or mock wrestle or put on face masks and curl up together. They pull pranks on each other. They fight and make up! They go-go-go! They fuel themselves on coffee and junk food snacks!  I also noticed that the former (?) plus-size backup booty, Alison, looks to be less than half Whitney's size, considerably younger, and she can jump, turn and kneel to the floor with no visible trouble.  How TFM intends to incorporate someone of Whitney's size into this lifestyle is not entirely clear to me, but I have to say I think it would make for some . . . . interesting television.

*except one video I saw where they were taking a ten hour Greyhound bus trip, and the backup booties complained about finding a used needle in one of their seats, and the fact that one of the other travelers was overly friendly to them, because he had just (that day!) been released from jail.

I have been watching them too and the videos of their shows. There is nooooo way Whitney would be able to keep up or do what they do. It would be funny to watch her try though. Also i had a thought, on Twit's facebook live she mentioned she would be in Indy May 6. FM's significant other, Cameron's Dad lives in Indy so I am wondering she is going there to meet up with them. I have noticed that after some of the shows, the FM and crew go back there before heading to the next place. If twit would be going to some of their shows with them, it would be very hard for the FM to keep his videos with her off the net esp since thats how he makes his living. I don't know may have to keep an eye out. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

If twit would be going to some of their shows with them, it would be very hard for the FM to keep his videos with her off the net esp since thats how he makes his living. I don't know may have to keep an eye out. 

Ah, but if this is true to form for MBFFL, Whitney would only be pretending to travel and perform with them. I can't believe it would be any more real than her (fake) ballroom dancing competition, or her National Folk Festival (fake) appearance.

I despair of this silly woman. What 33-year-old "dance professional" thinks being a back up dancer to a twenty-four-year-old Youtube phenomenon is a great career move? Whitney, you fool, you are OLD for a professional dancer. You have bad knees. You have a bad back. You sweat profusely doing the slightest form of aerobic activity, including walking on a flat surface. You can't do spins, or jumps, or high kicks, or back bends or splits or  . . .  You can't put your own shoes on. Look in the damn mirror, cut the crap and get your weight down. People will watch. People will cheer you on.  Anyone who won't doesn't give a shit about you. There is no future in being morbidly obese, and I mean that literally.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, AmyB said:

on Twit's facebook live she mentioned she would be in Indy May 6. FM's significant other, Cameron's Dad lives in Indy so I am wondering she is going there to meet up with them. I have noticed that after some of the shows, the FM and crew go back there before heading to the next place.

I suspect we'll see more of Mr. Fit as he has been the most robust panderer for TLC face-time over MBFFL's 4 seasons. His "aw, shucks," scuffing toe, adorable little boy posture when asking Twit to be in a video. His tour proposal which looked more like a marriage proposal. His FB post that "Eye sex with Whitney is the best sex there is!" He understands Twit. He knows what will appeal to her narcissistic li'l soul. That, coupled with Twit's having anointed herself a member of the LGBT community, as @JohnM has pointed out, is plenty enough to get him into Season 5.

I don't know how much influence Twit has over what gets scripted for MBFFL. (Perhaps @mamadrama can chime in on this.) After 4 seasons, however, I would think she can insist on some things. We already know that filming her eating is now forbidden. Any discussion of weight, diet, exercise seems to be out, too, if "The Skinny" is any sample. Twit LOVES Mr. Fit. He'll be back.

• Love 2

Methinks the Fitness Marshall and his merry band have much bigger ambitions than merely to be background for Fabulous Whitney. This kid's videos are pulling thousands of views, and hundreds of fans are showing up to attend his "Cardio Concerts." He recently announced he was going to do a two week tour in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa.  And he's gotten his first significant endorsement for the Cotton On brand of clothing. He's been making behind-the-scenes videos for about a year now, and they are pretty good. If TLC has their eye on him, it may be with a show of his own in mind.  Everything about the way he is operating (or perhaps I should credit his partner, Cameron, who seems to be the media savvy one) suggests someone on a big upward trajectory into the pop/fitness world. He's actually the anti-Whitney; he's young, fit, talented, skilled, photogenic, hardworking, has good people skills, is in what seems to be a strong relationship with Cameron. I still think watching Whitney being a fake back up booty would be fairly hilarious, but if that happens, I think Cameron will be keeping a close watch on protecting the TFM brand.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I despair of this silly woman. What 33-year-old "dance professional" thinks being a back up dancer to a twenty-four-year-old Youtube phenomenon is a great career move? 

I have a feeling the Fitness Marshall is actually the puppet master here. He's an even smaller "celebrity", and attaching himself to Whitney could be a stepping stone for his career. She probably doesn't even realize she's being played as a prop. By offering a spot to her he gets more attention and appeals to a wider TLC audience, plus looks good for being nice and pro-acceptance. Having her drag them down is temporary, but the fame will be a net boost for him. He'll ham it up to the cameras and play along with Whitney's delusions long enough to get famous himself then drop her like a hot potato. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Methinks the Fitness Marshall and his merry band have much bigger ambitions than merely to be background for Fabulous Whitney. This kid's videos are pulling thousands of views, and hundreds of fans are showing up to attend his "Cardio Concerts." He recently announced he was going to do a two week tour in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa.  And he's gotten his first significant endorsement for the Cotton On brand of clothing. He's been making behind-the-scenes videos for about a year now, and they are pretty good. If TLC has their eye on him, it may be with a show of his own in mind.  Everything about the way he is operating (or perhaps I should credit his partner, Cameron, who seems to be the media savvy one) suggests someone on a big upward trajectory into the pop/fitness world. He's actually the anti-Whitney; he's young, fit, talented, skilled, photogenic, hardworking, has good people skills, is in what seems to be a strong relationship with Cameron. I still think watching Whitney being a fake back up booty would be fairly hilarious, but if that happens, I think Cameron will be keeping a close watch on protecting the TFM brand.

So, basically, he is a Richard Simmons wannabe who's using Whitney for publicity. I guess only time will tell if he succeeds.

BTW, Richard Simmons went into hiding because of the fame (as I understand it). Fame is not all it seems. It is very hard on people. I personally would not wish fame on even my worst enemy.

48 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I just don't see him that way. I find him obnoxious, with a grating voice. I don't think he's at all good-looking. All I would give you from this description is "young" & "fit."

ETA: And much as I hate to say it, Twit is obviously the bigger star, with around 800,000 viewers each week. If YouTube glory was considered so wonderful, there wouldn't be so many ppl trying to get TLC & the other TV cheesy reality cable channels to notice them. Mr. Fit is one of them.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1