Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

This may not be the right place for this question, but did I block things or is there more content in these episodes than what was originally there?? I don't remember her telling the FM all about her toe and her mom when he asked her to tour and also him saying he had to have all the paperwork turned in in a week... ???? 

I half-watched the marathon today. In it Twit told TFM about her toe after they watched the video, but said it was on the mend. I think she also mentioned the tour to Babs -- not positive. But the marathon included extra-fat bonus footage.

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

On every 600 Lb show, they talk about the pain, and she may be getting to the point where she can't get around comfortably and easily.

Don't the 600 # folks that complain also have lymphodemia?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Christi said:

Anyone know approx. how long she was "dating" Avi before filming..aka the "Im converting" dinner happened?

The whole Avi/Nada/Twit timeline has never been untangled. According to @Ketzel's best guess, it SEEMS that Twit dated Avi -- perhap only very briefly -- about 2 yrs before she blew up about him on her FB page back in Apr 2017.

• Love 1

umm...huh? 2 years? I seems like her family and friends are inferring more like 2 months..or even less

Im lost...but I do know a panic attack when I see one...just breathe...omg

Now onto I Am Jazz...who is fairly average weight, and is told to lose 30 lbs before she can have surgery?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Christi said:

Anyone know approx. how long she was "dating" Avi before filming..aka the "Im converting" dinner happened?

10 minutes ago, Dot said:

The whole Avi/Nada/Twit timeline has never been untangled. According to @Ketzel's best guess, it SEEMS that Twit dated Avi -- perhap only very briefly -- about 2 yrs before she blew up about him on her FB page back in Apr 2017.

Yeah, everyone's behaving as if this happened after last year's season ended, but it seems more likely this was a brief thing she had before her fake romance with Lennie,  and the "relationship" was long over before she learned about his other women. So the FB fit she pitched in April was ridiculous, in terms of timing, and the whole drama we are going to be treated to on the show is a whole lot of fiction.  (Just for one example,  Avi was a graduate student at the University of Indiana Bloomington, so why Whitney had to rush back to Greensboro FROM Indiana to see him is something of a mystery to me.)

• Love 7

ok...shit just got weird on Her IG ??? and it goes on for 6 pages..you can actually swipe thru the pages

on the link posted...Sorry I cant seem to delete the duplicate IG link?

Edited by Christi
  • Love 1

Oh interesting. So this seems to document she started seeing him in September of 2016 and she had her FB meltdown in April of 2017. Which means she dated him for 7 months - yep, plenty long enough to be organizing conversion classes while at the same time refusing to let her parents meet him.  It also means this overlapped with the time she claimed she was still having booty calls with Lennie, which only makes her fake pregnancy more of a nonsense than it even seemed at the time.  And the nitwhits think she might have been hooking up with Avi Kaplan of Pentatonix?  Too funny!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Oh interesting. So this seems to document she started seeing him in September of 2016 and she had her FB meltdown in April of 2017. Which means she dated him for 7 months - yep, plenty long enough to be organizing conversion classes while at the same time refusing to let her parents meet him.  It also means this overlapped with the time she claimed she was still having booty calls with Lennie, which only makes her fake pregnancy more of a nonsense than it even seemed at the time.  And the nitwhits think she might have been hooking up with Avi Kaplan of Pentatonix?  Too funny!

I like yr comment a couple months ago about Avi watching this story arc with his lawyers!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Horrifying thought: her legs weigh as much as a normal woman. Her gut/hips weigh as much as a normal woman. Her arms/shoulders/head weigh as much as a normal woman. SHE IS THREE WOMEN IN ONE. It is really striking to see a picture of her and understand this.

I was thinking that when  Twit was sitting next to get mom on the couch...3 in 1 definitely.  

I was surprised that the couch didn't up-end like a teeter-totter when Twit sat down.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Christi said:

So did she just start seeing him again?? WTH?

Now onto I Am Jazz...who is fairly average weight, and is told to lose 30 lbs before she can have surgery?

That's because you are jaded because of watching this show and maybe My 600 Lb Life.  Most doctors haunt their patients into losing enough weight where they don't show as even overweight on the BMI charts.

Wow, Avi hid the fact that Twit was his side chick for seven months?  I am impressed.  By the way, is there any doubt left in anyone's mind that the Lenny relationship was totally fake and a cover because Avi didn't want to be on TV?

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

is there any doubt left in anyone's mind that the Lenny relationship was totally fake and a cover because Avi didn't want to be on TV?

I was just thinking about this same thing.  If she had a relationship with this Avi guy for 6 months, if Lennie really is real, then she was either cheating on Lennie, who was a fake boyfriend, because she can never be without someone to love her; and what about her fascination with Roy?  She quoted to her mom that she thought she had Roy in the bag.  I think I mentioned this before but Maney quoted on the radio show that he thought Whitney was a serial dater.  She has to be with someone 24/7 and when things don't work, she hunts for her next um, boyfriend.  Roy was her next victim, and then, when that fell (thank God he was smart), she invents this Avi guy.  What kind of Fabulous life is she leading here?  Can someone show me where the fabulousness is?  

• Love 2

And don't forget that she's featured in a recurring reality show.  I suspect that her dating is somewhat driven by the producers and/or what works for the show, contracts, etc. that they can work out. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

That's because you are jaded because of watching this show and maybe My 600 Lb Life.  Most doctors haunt their patients into losing enough weight where they don't show as even overweight on the BMI charts.

Jazz has gained a massive amt of weight in a year.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Dot said:

Jazz has gained a massive amt of weight in a year.

Probably veering off topic here, but couldn't Jazz's weight gain be attributed to her taking hormone therapy? I really don't watch this show too much, but she did seem a little more round than last year, but no where near obese or morbidly obese.  For instance, I highly doubt she gained 100 pounds since last year...(I'm talking to you WHITNEY!) maybe 20 or 30 pounds, which I think is common to people on hormone therapy.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

Probably veering off topic here, but couldn't Jazz's weight gain be attributed to her taking hormone therapy? I really don't watch this show too much, but she did seem a little more round than last year, but no where near obese or morbidly obese.  For instance, I highly doubt she gained 100 pounds since last year...(I'm talking to you WHITNEY!) maybe 20 or 30 pounds, which I think is common to people on hormone therapy.

Taking my response to Small Talk.

Oh this is beyond funny - two other women of size  (Nada Louis and Tara Fays) who were also taken in by Avi Lang, are counter-posting pictures of him on Whitney's facebook page, because the Nitwhits are mad TLC is blurring his face.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Christi said:

ok...shit just got weird on Her IG ??? and it goes on for 6 pages..you can actually swipe thru the pages

Thanks for sharing this. It answered some Qs & opened up others

(1) It seems that Avi met Twit at her TEDx Talk (not TED as she likes to claim) & they exchanged contact info -- probably at her request. I always figured Twit spoke in Greensboro; anyone know? Or was it in IN?

(2) This Sep 2016 text msg is a response from one Twit sent Avi, with photo of her & her book; so she initiated the contact, not him.

(3) Avi moves around a lot; is he wealthy?

(4) Twit says the photo shows Avi at the dance battle. I recall that either @Ketzel or @AmyB knew the actual date, not the filmed one -- anyone remember it?

So, here's my theory: Twit continued to have a texting relationship with Avi for a couple of months. Then she invited him to Greensboro for the dance battle, possibly even paying for his airfare, given how desperate she is. He came, they fucked a couple of times over a weekend, he left, that was it. Then Twit built it into a love affair just as she did with Roy.

• Love 8

I just watched the episode.  As usual, I was taken by Whitney's NARCISSISM.  It's just astounding.  When the conversation begins to veer onto topics that are not about her, she brings them right back to her.  And what a DRAMA QUEEN.  The whole "I need to go to the hospital" thing after she saw the (fake) dance class - OMG.  Grow up.

EDIT - apologies - I may have posted this in the wrong sub-forum. 

Edited by RabbiBeth
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Christi said:

"I dated Avi for MANY months ... I didn't think about converting to Judaism overnight."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MONTHS? I understand that people convert for personal reasons, but COME ON. I only took classes to convert from one TYPE of Christianity to another after I was engaged and had been with my boyfriend for years. Sounds to me like a desperate attempt to make Avi 'like' her and to convince him that she was marriage material. What a clingy, desperate freaking joke she is.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Thanks for sharing this. It answered some Qs & opened up others

(1) It seems that Avi met Twit at her TEDx Talk (not TED as she likes to claim) & they exchanged contact info -- probably at her request. I always figured Twit spoke in Greensboro; anyone know? Or was it in IN?

(2) This Sep 2016 text msg is a response from one Twit sent Avi, with photo of her & her book; so she initiated the contact, not him.

(4) Twit says the photo shows Avi at the dance battle. I recall that either @Ketzel or @AmyB knew the actual date, not the filmed one -- anyone remember it?

So, here's my theory: Twit continued to have a texting relationship with Avi for a couple of months. Then she invited him to Greensboro for the dance battle, possibly even paying for his airfare, given how desperate she is. He came, they fucked a couple of times over a weekend, he left, that was it. Then Twit built it into a love affair just as she did with Roy.

Sorry to ask. What is the difference between TEDx and TED talk?

I think they should have had the storyline of Twit and Boozy Boo Bear hooking up after dumping Heather. Would have made for better teevee. And the NitWits would get what they wanted.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Sorry to ask. What is the difference between TEDx and TED talk?

Here's a Wikipedia summary of TED:

"TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a media organization which posts talks online for free distribution, under the slogan "ideas worth spreading". TED was founded in February 1984 as a conference, which has been held annually since 1990. TED's early emphasis was technology and design, consistent with its Silicon Valley origins, but it has since broadened its focus to include talks on many scientific, cultural, and academic topics."

TED only asks renown experts in their fields to speak. The annual conference is a very prestgious event.

And here's Wikipedia's TEDx summary:

"TEDx are independent TED-like events, which can be organized by anyone who obtains a free license from TED, agreeing to follow certain principles. TEDx events are non-profit but may use an admission fee or commercial sponsorship to cover costs. Similarly, speakers are not paid. They must also relinquish the copyrights to their materials, which TED may edit and distribute under a Creative Commons license.

A TEDx event is organized by volunteers from the local community, and just like TED events, it lacks any commercial, religious, or political agenda. Its goal is to spark conversation, connection, and community."

In other words anyone can organize a TEDx & anyone can speak, no matter how lame a person she is & how phony her message. If you go to the TED website & search its "community," you will NOT find Twit's name.

• Love 8

Have you guys seen her latest FB post.  The girl is in serious denial.  And the sheep who follow her buy it hook, line and sinker.  She is far bigger than she was in Season 1.  If that’s what she wants to do, that’s just fine. After all she is big and fabulous so why so defensive that people are saying she’s gained 100 pounds?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Kid said:

Have you guys seen her latest FB post.  The girl is in serious denial.  And the sheep who follow her buy it hook, line and sinker.  She is far bigger than she was in Season 1.  If that’s what she wants to do, that’s just fine. After all she is big and fabulous so why so defensive that people are saying she’s gained 100 pounds?

Her denial of her current size is unbelievable to me.

But let's ask our resident trainer, @ClareWalks, this question: is it possible that she has lost muscle tone, from lack of exercise, to such a degree that it would make her appear 100#s flabbier even tho she has gained no weight?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Whitney's TedX talk was in Greensboro on May 13, 2016, so if she didn't reach out to Avi until September 11, 2016, I wonder what took her so long. The dance battle in real time was October 22, 2016 at the Kaplan Wellness Center in Greensboro.  I don't know if Avi is wealthy or not, but his mother lives in London, his sister in Tel Aviv and he is/was a grad student in Jewish Studies at Indiana University Bloomington, so he'd do a fair amount of travel just staying in touch with his family.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney's TedX talk was in Greensboro on May 13, 2016, so if she didn't reach out to Avi until September 11, 2016, I wonder what took her so long. The dance battle in real time was October 22, 2016 at the Kaplan Wellness Center in Greensboro.  I don't know if Avi is wealthy or not, but his mother lives in London, his sister in Tel Aviv and he is/was a grad student in Jewish Studies at Indiana University Bloomington, so he'd do a fair amount of travel just staying in touch with his family.

Terrific research, @Ketzel, thanks!

The dates you provided fit with my theory tho I, too, wonder what the delay would have been between TEDx & first text. But Avi's text sure seems to indicate that's where they met. (And brings up a new question: why was Avi in Greensboro in May 2015?) The only thing I can think of to explain the delay was that she was busy filming MBFFL. Or still having sex with Lenny as she has claimed.

The only flaw in my theory -- I think -- is that I gave her a couple of months to text with Avi & it was actually only about 6 weeks between the Sep text & the dance battle. I really do believe that Twit's contention that it was a romance of several months is fake. I think it was a quick weekend, then Avi bid adios to Twit & Greensboro.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Dot said:

Her denial of her current size is unbelievable to me.

But let's ask our resident trainer, @ClareWalks, this question: is it possible that she has lost muscle tone, from lack of exercise, to such a degree that it would make her appear 100#s flabbier even tho she has gained no weight?

Maybe 40 lb but not 100, my guess is she weighs "close enough" (in her opinion) to 380 to be able to get away with saying she hasn't gained (although she has since last season) since the show first aired. She probably lied about her starting weight back then too.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

"I dated Avi for MANY months ... I didn't think about converting to Judaism overnight."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MONTHS? I understand that people convert for personal reasons, but COME ON. I only took classes to convert from one TYPE of Christianity to another after I was engaged and had been with my boyfriend for years. Sounds to me like a desperate attempt to make Avi 'like' her and to convince him that she was marriage material. What a clingy, desperate freaking joke she is.

Do you know who else did something like this?  Jodi Arias.  She converted to Mormonism after dating Travis Alexander for a short time--and then she killed him.  Just saying...

• Love 10

Since the message displays a screen name/handle instead of a phone number, I think this is a message on a dating (?) app or website and not a text message. They must've met that way. So I'm guessing they hadn't met in person when Avi sent these.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Do you know who else did something like this?  Jodi Arias.  She converted to Mormonism after dating Travis Alexander for a short time--and then she killed him.  Just saying

OMG....you painted a very good point.  Knowing how crazy Whitney is at this state, is could snap and do anything.  We will see her next reality series, "Women behind Bars" or Snapped"  You made a very good  point.

1 minute ago, SatelliteCall said:

So I'm guessing they hadn't met in person when Avi sent these.

Last I heard Whitney told Tal that she had opened up a new dating profile.  That was at the end of last season..

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Do you know who else did something like this?  Jodi Arias.  She converted to Mormonism after dating Travis Alexander for a short time--and then she killed him.  Just saying...

Ooooh... that's scary-creepy. Good point!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

OMG....you painted a very good point.  Knowing how crazy Whitney is at this state, is could snap and do anything.  We will see her next reality series, "Women behind Bars" or Snapped" 

Finally . . . a diet that she couldn't cheat on.  I don't think they give you a weekend pass to make a Starbucks run.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Maybe 40 lb but not 100, my guess is she weighs "close enough" (in her opinion) to 380 to be able to get away with saying she hasn't gained (although she has since last season) since the show first aired. She probably lied about her starting weight back then too.

Do you think it's likely that she probably doesn't even know what she weighs? Most home scales only go up to 300, and you know she's not going to the doctor on the regular (or if she does, asks not to know her weight). Gaining weight, even for normal people, doesn't happen overnight--they just buy bigger and bigger clothes "for now, until I lose the weight," get comfortable in them, outgrow them, and the cycle continues. She can still claim "my clothes still fit" when she's getting new clothes all the time.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Do you think it's likely that she probably doesn't even know what she weighs? Most home scales only go up to 300, and you know she's not going to the doctor on the regular (or if she does, asks not to know her weight). Gaining weight, even for normal people, doesn't happen overnight--they just buy bigger and bigger clothes "for now, until I lose the weight," get comfortable in them, outgrow them, and the cycle continues. She can still claim "my clothes still fit" when she's getting new clothes all the time.

Her dad bought her a doctor's scale one time.  It only went up to 500 pounds, and she was almost there when she weight on this doctor's scale.

9 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

Her dad bought her a doctor's scale one time.  It only went up to 500 pounds, and she was almost there when she weight on this doctor's scale.

Wow, really? How long ago was this? Her recent SM post said something about weighing 10 pounds less than Season 1, so she'd be around 370. So her weight is fluctuating 100 pounds over a few years? Jesus. That's not good at all. This poor woman is going to have a terribly rude awakening around age 35 or so.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Everything is a passing phase for her. At the time, I suspect she thought she felt strongly about it, but it's better to think about conversion for one's own purpose deep down rather than than for a guy/girl.

Her jokes about not having bacon (and hundreds of other things she couldn't have if she were to follow the rules) rubbed me the wrong way. Being Jewish is more than just a religion, it's being part of a people with a very long history. What she wrote and what came out of her mouth were 2 different things, I saw her treating if very flippantly. 

Yep. Clingy, desperate to be accepted. That's a sign of someone NOT happy with themselves.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I haven't been following the timeline of the TEDx talk but aren't they available online? Perhaps that's where he saw her and initiated contact.

I think I saw Twit's TEDx on YouTube -- not positive, tho. I suppose if a particular TEDx organizer filmed the whole event, s/he could put it on-line. But it's an individual thing, not like the TED website which includes speeches it thinks are important from various annual conventions.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

Where did you get this info? I can't imagine Twit ever admitting -- on MBFFL or in her SM accts -- that she weighed almost 500 #s. In fact, she is currently claiming that her weight has not fluctuated -- always DOWN -- more than 25 #s since Season One.

25 minutes ago, Dot said:

Where did you get this info? I can't imagine Twit ever admitting -- on MBFFL or in her SM accts -- that she weighed almost 500 #s. In fact, she is currently claiming that her weight has not fluctuated -- always DOWN -- more than 25 #s since Season One.

It was either in season one or two possibly three.  Her parents bought like 15 different scales and lined them up throughout their kitchen, and then dad brought in a medical scale that only takes 500 pounds.  She said she only has a little more to go until she couldn't use the medical scale.  She didn't quote how many pounds, but said a little more to go

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

It was either in season one or two possibly three.  Her parents bought like 15 different scales and lined them up throughout their kitchen, and then dad brought in a medical scale that only takes 500 pounds.  She said she only has a little more to go until she couldn't use the medical scale.  She didn't quote how many pounds, but said a little more to go

I sure don't remember this scene. And if Twit said something like that on camera, I would guess she was putting Glenn on.

1 hour ago, writerchick57 said:

I remember this.  I think it was the same season as her diabetes scare, which I think was actually season two (I looked it up on the Wiki for this show https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Big_Fat_Fabulous_Life#Season_2).  IIRC, her dad even accompanied her to the doctor to get her A1C checked because he had diabetes too...I think this is also the same season she did the 5k with him wearing the penguin suite.  This show used to be about her getting healthy, but it completely went off the rails starting about  season 3 where she decided that she can have "health at any size."  I believe she has hovered around the 370-380 mark during seasons 1-3 as we saw the scale at the doctor's office and Will weighed her once or twice. I have no reason to believe those weigh-ins were faked...however, we have not seen or heard what her weight is now.  Honestly, when you're that big, plus or minus 10 pounds isn't going to make a difference.  You need to lose or gain at least 50 to make a dent, and even at that, you are probably still wearing the same size anway until you hit the 75-100 pound mark (all of the clothes she wears stretches). 

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, notyrmomma said:

You need to lose or gain at least 50 to make a dent, and even at that, you are probably still wearing the same size anway until you hit the 75-100 pound mark (all of the clothes she wears stretches). 

Thank you notyrmomma for finding the link to the episode I talked about all the weight scales.  She also kept changing the same song "I lost 100 pounds before when I was training with Will, and he knew how hard I worked at it.  I did lose 100  pounds"  Well, you obviously found the pounds you lost.  But yes, I agree with you 100% that this show has turned a 190 degree angel.  It's not about her weight loss/health problems anymore.  It's about trying to find a (real man not fake man) man who can love her at her size.  I remember her mom said in the very beginning that she thought if Whitney could find love, that's not the point.  She said, she needs a man who can put up with her..."  Mothers knows best!!!

• Love 4