Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So Whitney assures those thinking of signing up for the nobsactive program that Ryan-the-expert will be creating and leading the workouts and Whitney is just the "demonstrator." This, to me, is a potentially interesting dynamic. Whenever we see Whitney working out with Ryan, she's doing her red-faced, huffing best to look like she's doing as close to what he's doing as she can possibly get. Her form is generally pretty awful and she gets that clamped-mouth, protruding jaw look of determination as she exercises with him (or around Jessica, or Jiya or Jenzi or The Fitness Marshall, or, I guess, around anyone she's trying to impress with her stamina and determination.) Then she posts the vids and the accolades from her followers pour down upon her, which seems to me to be the primary purpose of the posting - so that she can hear how strong she is, how energetic she is, how inspirational she is, how confident she is, how great she's doing, how good she's looking, all sprinkled with a hefty helping of how the posters could nevernevernever do what she does!

I know it is going to be exactly like her BGDC, where Todd is the actual teacher and Whitney prances around the room, not doing the dancing, but clapping her hands, cackling and jiggling. 

• Love 9

SHE IS SO TEDIOUS. I'm so tired of her. There's never anything new, or innovative, or interesting about her. I'm surprised she didn't give herself a big scream and cheer for holding out a 3-pound weight for ten seconds. Good job, I guess? And her stupid YAASSS QUEEN decorations that belong in a college freshman dorm? Grow up, Whitney. You're not cute.

• Love 17

Oof. That was bad. What obese person needs to work their lateral deltoids so much? And to be honest I doubt Whitney could just hold up those ham hocks (yes, I'm being rude, but I ran 13+ miles straight today and have no patience for Whitney's garbage) without dumbbells for ten seconds.

• Love 13

One of my favorite parts is when he points out that you should raise your arms just to shoulder height without using momentum right after he was swinging his arms up and down way above his shoulders. 

It looks like her job is to do 3 seconds of something and look dead. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Dot said:

That expensive dance floor is gonna be ruined pretty soon if Ryan & Twit keep dropping 5# dumbbells on it.

Oh god THAT'S ANOTHER THING, holy shit who DOES that to laminate flooring?! Does she think she's at a goddamn powerlifting gym?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh god THAT'S ANOTHER THING, holy shit who DOES that to laminate flooring?! Does she think she's at a goddamn powerlifting gym?

I was going to mention that too!!  That’s just crazy!! She isn’t just carelessly dropping them, which would be bad enough, she is throwing them on the floor. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Oops. My mistake. My brain inserted the word "no" before makeup. And you're right....what's her point?

I’m guessing she says it so it cuts down on the photoshopping/filters claims although I personally think she still edits them or bc she says she rarely wears makeup so felt the need to point it out as if it were not completely obvious.

• Love 1

Awww some unfortunate, naive person asked if there would be vegetarian recipes. My dear, confused person - Whitney doesn’t eat vegetables. I guess technically anything without meat is vegetarian so maybe you can eat a donut or pizza with extra cheese. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Awww some unfortunate, naive person asked if there would be vegetarian recipes. My dear, confused person - Whitney doesn’t eat vegetables. I guess technically anything without meat is vegetarian so maybe you can eat a donut or pizza with extra cheese. 

As an elderly Crazy Cat Lady, I can guarantee that no cat will find Ryan "playful," the adjective Twil insists on using to tell the suckers how much fun -- as well as informative -- nobsactive will be.

I hope all 3 cats -- Steve Purrwin is obviously gone -- plot their revenge & tear Ryan's eyes out.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Dot said:

As an elderly Crazy Cat Lady, I can guarantee that no cat will find Ryan "playful," the adjective Twil insists on using to tell the suckers how much fun -- as well as informative -- nobsactive will be.

I hope all 3 cats -- Steve Purrwin is obviously gone -- plot their revenge & tear Ryan's eyes out.

I am a middle aged crazy cat lady who has raised 3 young crazy cat ladies and we all hope the cats tear Ryan’s eyes out. And while they do I’d love the opportunity to knee him in his little man bits and drive them up to his throat. No cat should be treated that way. Strike that, no living thing should be treated that way. 

• Love 10

Well, those videos of what the workouts are going to look like sure answered one of my questions in a hurry: no, Whitney is not going to be able to demonstrate the modifications correctly.  Ryan seemed too busy talking to the camera to notice, although at one point, he did snap at her to stand still and not use momentum to raise her arms. So she tried, couldn't get her arms up without using momentum, and  - the video cut to the next exercise. In both the exercises she demonstrated, her shoulders were hunched and her head was forward, which he never corrected. When she gave up in the middle of the "iron cross" exercise,  he snapped at her to keep going, she got her ugly game face on (after pouting at him) and finished the last three seconds, with bad form. Why is she using hand weights at all? If she can't do ten to twelve reps with good form using just her body weight, or hold her arms out to the side for ten seconds, then she's not ready to be adding weight to the exercises. Modify, Whitney, modify!

If Ryan really thinks those exercises, as demonstrated by the two of them, are really appropriate for morbidly obese participants with no exercise experience, he's seriously unqualified to take on this project. One obvious omission - he never once reminded his students to breathe, a big issue for novices who tend to hold their breath when trying to exert strength.

I just read some of the comments on the exercise video - people with sciatica, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, recent bypass surgery, recent knee replacement, people who have barely moved in years due to obesity and depression - -  all eagerly awaiting this life-changing experience. Apparently they are going to get Ryan charging at the camera like a college sports coach, and Whitney flailing around and giving up when what's she's trying to demonstrate is too much for her. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

Twit said she was really pleased with the response so far & let's go for 10K enrollments by the end of the week.

Is it possible that she has almost 10,000 ppl at least indicating an intention of signing up? That just seems impossible to me -- $2.4 million a year. But if true, I can understand why Ryan is now attached to Twit like a limpet.

In fact I now wanna join @Irate Panda in @AZChristian's TLC exercise show for the morbidly obese. I can do the modifications from a chair. And I have a great pout when someone corrects my form. Maybe we can ask Mattie how to go about starting a movement to get @AZChristian her own show on TLC.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

:: Applause!! ::

You nailed her, right down to the protruding jaw and clamped mouth! (I noticed on the trailer, they're hiking in Alaska and like a big jackass, she has to go tearing off in front of everyone else, like she's the most fit person of the group, with them all yelling "Whitney, pace yourself" after her...this seems to be how she loves to be portrayed. What an exhausting asshole. BTW, who the hell goes on a vacation with friends & family, then whenever you have to walk, goes streaking off in front of everyone else? Wouldn't you want to BE with your friends & family???? Asshole.)

Anyway...I totally agree, she won't demonstrate easy versions of the moves, and from a chair (which she should, beginners and seniors could really use that) ????? No way. She'd look like she's not the "star", she'd look like maybe she isn't as fit as he is. Like she has any chance in hell of looking as in shape as ANYONE, but her narcissism won't allow her to see herself as she actually is. Remember "I'm short, I'm fat, and I'm CUTE!" Ugh...this bitch.

You're short & fat Twit, but not cute. I was constantly told when growing up "Pretty is as pretty does"...which makes her ugly to the bone.

Bwahahahahaha! Classic Whitney, she has to "show off" with nothing to show for it. Willing to bet she's shown huffing, puffing and struggling later on. 

We had one of those in my academy. The guy was not very fit and that's fine--but he would take off in Whitney-like fashion only to be passed 600 meters later and wind up collapsing onto the ground after the run was over. He did this the and time again as if he was expecting a different result, like magically he'd be faster one day. I'd have felt sorry for him if he wasn't such an insufferable jerk. 

• Love 7

If he is shown snapping at her this early I wonder how long before he can't take her any more?  It is almost unbelievable that she might get 20K people who sign up and pay, it will be totally unbelievable if there are that many in six months. I'm not sure she will accept him calling her out in front of her fans either. I don't see it as being a sustainable enterprise. This should be interesting.

• Love 5

So I just looked up Daily Burn which is a similar concept to Whitney’s program. I don’t know if it’s good but it absolutely looks much more professional. You get a month for free to try it out. The workouts the recommend are based on a worksheet that seems to ask questions like age, weight, current activity level, health issues etc. There are lots of varieties of types of workouts - yoga, high intensity, dance, strength training etc. and a variety of instructors. And it costs the same as Whitney’s program. Good luck Whitney. She may get an initial surge based on people enamored with her but it won’t last long. Anyone serious about improving themselves will realize there are way better options and anyone not serious won’t drop $20 a month for something they don’t use. 

• Love 7

I have to think that, whatever happens with the first month sign-ups,  her audience will eventually come down to the die-hard fans (no double meaning intended.)  They won't be doing the exercises, but will pay just to watch Whitney "work out" and  joke around with Ryan, the ones who complain that the show isn't on all year round because they miss seeing her so much.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

They won't be doing the exercises, but will pay just to watch Whitney "work out"

Okay...hear me out...this could be brilliant. Subscribers forcing Whitney to exercise when she CLEARLY hates every second of it. I can definitely get behind this idea. Especially if Ryan harps on her form every single time. It's like how if someone thinks it'd be fun to run for political office but it ends up being a living nightmare for them, not to name names, LOL.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit said she was really pleased with the response so far & let's go for 10K enrollments by the end of the week.

Is it possible that she has almost 10,000 ppl at least indicating an intention of signing up?

Well, she's offering a free year of the program to ten lucky people who will be chosen from the list of people who are registering their email addresses on the nobsactive site. I predict far less than half of the people who are signing up on the site in an attempt to get the freebie will actually pay for the program if they don't win it for free.  But Whitney and Ryan will have a much bigger list of people to market to going forward, especially when the new clothing line comes out.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, she's offering a free year of the program to ten lucky people who will be chosen from the list of people who are registering their email addresses on the nobsactive site. I predict far less than half of the people who are signing up on the site in an attempt to get the feebie will actually pay for the program if they don't win it for free.  But Whitney and Ryan will have a much bigger list of people to market to going forward, especially when the new clothing line comes out.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that angle. No way she would ever have 10,000 paying subscribers. Does she even have 10,000 IG followers? Her FB page shows around 500,000....

• Love 3
On 16/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, Dot said:

The next Q for these "clients" would be: does your health insurance plan cover injuries you receive from following instructions from that person?

Wow. Is that for real? I don't see how Planet Fitness stays in biz at that rate.

I love Planet Fitness I got a bit of personal training, -equipment and showet facilities for 10 bucks a month. 

• Love 1

So I thought Ryan didn't live near her?  If they are doing these videos from her garage/"dance studio" is he moving in to Donna's room?  How can two people who don't live in the same town guarantee daily videos for a year?

Also, not to "body shame" but if I'm working out to a video I need a fit instructor to motivate me.  Someone who looks worse than me won't cut it.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, princelina said:

So I thought Ryan didn't live near her?  If they are doing these videos from her garage/"dance studio" is he moving in to Donna's room?  How can two people who don't live in the same town guarantee daily videos for a year?

Ordinarily, I'd say they film all 5 videos at one time like TV quiz shows often do. But that would require Twit to have the stamina to exercise for more than 2 hours. And we know she can't. Ask The Fitness Marshall.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Emma C said:

Side comment, that video where he is bicep curling the cat...? Someone call the SPCA, that poor cat's tummy! I hope the cat pukes all over him.

Yes, PUT THAT CAT DOWN, you stupid fuck head! Whitney mauling those cats is bad enough! My initial feeling on Ryan was that he was a pompous little prick, and my impression of him is NOT getting better with time...

Who the hell pays good money for videos of a couple of fools working out in a garage? Idiots who, I might add, are so into health and fitness that they recorded themselves getting plastered for Thanksgiving.

That pic of her sitting split legged with the weights...she really thinks she's freaking adorable, doesn't she! You're not, Twit, you are definitely not. And I see now the reason for her clothing line...we must not only run around in sports bras with no shirt, but now the sports bra needs to have a cut-out in it so we can see more of her fantastic boobage. Great.

Since her fake-for-the-show dance class made her a professional dancer, I guess this garage workout crap and her "active wear" clothes are going to make her a fitness guru and fashion designer?

Reminds of when we were about to graduate from college and were looking for jobs and one of my friends said "You have GOT to check out Sandy's resume, it's a complete work of fiction!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I apologize in advance for this....

I usually like any post that begins with "I apologize in advance" because it means I'm probably going to have a good laugh at Twit's expense. 🤣🤣🤣

Regarding the "Killing it" shirt...is the "it" referring to her joints? Because she's definitely killing those!

• Love 9

How is she so exhausted from that?! That was nothing! I mean come on, Whit, stop telling us you work out like that all the time. You would be better at it if you did it often. You did 20 jumprope hops and seven wall balls and looked like you were about to barf.

• Love 5

And I just have to comment on her attempt to do the crossover at the end. Definite sign that she’s serious and focusing on her workout. But more than that - Whitney, your arms are too fat to cross in front of you and your belly is too fat to allow your arms to cross in front of you. There is no way even without a jump rope and just standing on the ground that you could get your hands in a position to do that crossover let alone while jumping and holding a rope. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Dot said:

Is it possible that she has almost 10,000 ppl at least indicating an intention of signing up? That just seems impossible to me -- $2.4 million a year. But if true, I can understand why Ryan is now attached to Twit like a limpet.

In fact I now wanna join @Irate Panda in @AZChristian's TLC exercise show for the morbidly obese. I can do the modifications from a chair. And I have a great pout when someone corrects my form. Maybe we can ask Mattie how to go about starting a movement to get @AZChristian her own show on TLC.

I’m not obese, but I call dibs on playing Todd (minus any Chubb rub cream) so I can flail around doing an interpretive birthing dance and be snarky or Hunter since he just randomly shows up for his check and leaves.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Dot said:

These 10000 strong, lol, I think Whitney has two things working for her.  1) It’s New Years resolution time , so people are pretending they will get in shape for the new year. 2) Whitney’s fans claim they’re supporting everything she does then few show up.  I think at best this may last 3-6 months and either her fans or Whitney will give up.

• Love 3

I can't believe this pompous little prick -- thanks for the descriptor, @Sasha888 -- is allowed anywhere near Henchi after his previous treatment of that poor cat. Twit will allow ANYTHING in her desperation to keep a man near her, no matter how unmanly & cruel the asshole is. (And I HATE that insipid grin of his. Hot, my ass, NitWhits.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

can't believe this pompous little prick -- thanks for the descriptor, @Sasha888 -- is allowed anywhere near Henchi after his previous treatment of that poor cat.

Whitney, who treats all her animals as if they are stuffed toys, thought Ryan using that poor old cat as a dumbbell was totes hilarious. Not realistic to expect she'd protect Henchi from him.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Ordinarily, I'd say they film all 5 videos at one time like TV quiz shows often do. But that would require Twit to have the stamina to exercise for more than 2 hours. And we know she can't. Ask The Fitness Marshall.

I think he lives in Charlotte. Didn't she drive to Charlotte every day for that radio gig? Can't be that far away. 

43 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I think he lives in Charlotte. Didn't she drive to Charlotte every day for that radio gig? Can't be that far away. 

Twit only "worked" at the radio station one morn a week & barely managed that. I understand the round trip drive is 3 hours.. Besides, while Twit said the videos would be taped in either her or Ryan's home, we've only seen them in hers.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit only "worked" at the radio station one morn a week & barely managed that. I understand the round trip drive is 3 hours.. Besides, while Twit said the videos would be taped in either her or Ryan's home, we've only seen them in hers.

/sarcasm ahead/ Well, for half of $2.4 million a year, he can afford to make the 3 hour trip. 

• Love 1

Per Google maps, 90 minutes to 2 hours one way. If it was a morning radio show, she would have been leaving super early so probably missing traffic.

Is doing as many clean 'n' jerks as fast as you can a real thing? Or just another Will Powell invention to keep Twit entertained? It seems kinda dangerous to me, but what do I know?

• Love 2

A new instagram post with Whitney working out with Will Powell. She posts: "Thankful for a coach like @williampowell39. He’s been with me since 2011 and hasn’t given up on me yet!"

I guess I was hallucinating that episode where he followed her out to her car, found her surrounded by fast food wrappers and a giant half-eaten cookie, and fired her as a client.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Is doing as many clean 'n' jerks as fast as you can a real thing? Or just another Will Powell invention to keep Twit entertained? It seems kinda dangerous to me, but what do I know?

It is, it is a crossfit 'benchmark' workout. The weight for women RX is 95 lbs. Women who are very good at crossfit can do Grace in 2-3 minute range with the 95 lb weight. They say beginners should aim for less than 8 minutes if doing RX weight.

Additionally, she could probably do it faster if she would actually jerk the weight. She looks to be pressing it which makes it much harder IMO

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2018 at 12:41 PM, princelina said:

Also, not to "body shame" but if I'm working out to a video I need a fit instructor to motivate me.  Someone who looks worse than me won't cut it.

Well, there's that, and there's also the fact that Sweatney NEVER sticks to ANYTHING for more than a few months. "On the road touring" with The Fitness Marshall? She cut out in what appeared to be the dead of night because she was homesick and it was waaaay too much work for her (and she probably didn't expect that). BGDC was only as strong as Todd's commitment to it because look how long it lasted when he got pissy about it? Any dedication to this will wane as soon as she tires of having to be stuck to a routine. Posting random workout videos with three different 'trainers' does not make an activity persistent, Sweatney!

I thought that Sweatney claimed that she & Lennie were together for two years, or at least 18 months? Or maybe that's the time she's spent trying to lure him into her bed and getting Fake Knocked Up due to her cyst-laden ovaries. 🙄

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

I thought that Sweatney claimed that she & Lennie were together for two years, or at least 18 months? Or maybe that's the time she's spent trying to lure him into her bed and getting Fake Knocked Up due to her cyst-laden ovaries. 🙄

The fact that she can't keep her lies straight as to how long the relationship was just provides us with more proof that he was hired by the show to be her "boyfriend". Memorize your bullshit and try to keep it consistent, Twit.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

It is, it is a crossfit 'benchmark' workout. The weight for women RX is 95 lbs. Women who are very good at crossfit can do Grace in 2-3 minute range with the 95 lb weight. They say beginners should aim for less than 8 minutes if doing RX weight.

Additionally, she could probably do it faster if she would actually jerk the weight. She looks to be pressing it which makes it much harder IMO

What is the benefit of fast clean and jerks? It could just be me but I find with weight training, the faster I do a move the more momentum comes into play making it less effective. When you really slow it down you are forced to engage the muscles you are working and really work. For me the most dreaded words during my body Sculpting class is ‘let’s go even slower’ 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Who can tell? As usual, she's got the vid sped up so much that you can't really tell wtf she's doing. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What is the benefit of fast clean and jerks? It could just be me but I find with weight training, the faster I do a move the more momentum comes into play making it less effective. When you really slow it down you are forced to engage the muscles you are working and really work. For me the most dreaded words during my body Sculpting class is ‘let’s go even slower’ 

There really isn't a super huge benefit to doing things fast, especially if a person can't even do them correctly slowly (like Whitney). Crossfit is just all about going fast in general. Maximum push in minimum time. Their workouts are (almost?) always done for time.

• Love 3