Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

What is this weird need Whitney has to associate herself with lesbian sex, made even weirder by adding her mother to the scenario?

I wonder if Whitney thinks that if she persuades her gay male friends that she is a gay woman, they will be willing to have sex with her because then they are all gay together?  She is mixed up enough in so many ways that I wouldn't put it past her.

For someone who claim to be such a SJW, esp. for LGBT issues, she has been so offensive so many times. That episode at Greensboro's gay pride day was incredible. (Closeted or not at the time, Roy should be ashamed of himself for participating.) Dressing Babs as a clown lesbian was only slightly less offensive than the comments she made in her TH.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

what is wrong with her face??  It looks ten feet long. 

One of our pals in this forum, @Brooklynista, pointed out the stretched frame to all the fans who posted about how beautiful Twit is. I'm sure they'll ignore it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kar328 said:

I agree with apathetic Buddy. There's a point in the video where trainer girl says to him "16 slams, then you can leave" not, "then you're done." As for Glen, as someone said above, if you're a regular exerciser, it's fine. It's obvious he's not. I take early morning gym classes with a woman who's 68 and she is always at the front when we're doing laps and can hold her own against a lot of the younger crowd. 

I myself, used to be morbidly obese and started off with walking, body weight exercises and TRX classes before attempting Boot Camp and HIIT. And that's after I asked my trainer (who also teaches them) if those classes would kill me. I wanted to make sure I could handle it and not look like an idiot out of my league, as well. 

Me too. I used to be morbidly obese, rapidly closing in on super morbidly obese (BMI 47.5, 50 is SMO).  Started out with slow paced water aerobics and treadmill walking. Worked my way up to water boot camp before I started "dry land" workouts in a format called Strive. I keep pushing, but don't think that I could keep up in a boot camp style class. 

My weight is my bugaboo. I've been dangerously thin, and morbidly obese. At this stage in my life, I no longer care what my weight is. I care about body fat %, and being as strong as I can for as long as I can. 

My goal is 25% which is healthy for a 70 year-old. Currently sitting on 33% dammit. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Dot said:

One of our pals in this forum, @Brooklynista, pointed out the stretched frame to all the fans who posted about how beautiful Twit is. I'm sure they'll ignore it.

I just saw that. Great comment!!  I also like the comment “what filter are you using? It makes you look flawless’ LOL

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Me too. I used to be morbidly obese, rapidly closing in on super morbidly obese (BMI 47.5, 50 is SMO).  Started out with slow paced water aerobics and treadmill walking. Worked my way up to water boot camp before I started "dry land" workouts in a format called Strive. I keep pushing, but don't think that I could keep up in a boot camp style class. 

My weight is my bugaboo. I've been dangerously thin, and morbidly obese. At this stage in my life, I no longer care what my weight is. I care about body fat %, and being as strong as I can for as long as I can. 

My goal is 25% which is healthy for a 70 year-old. Currently sitting on 33% dammit. 

Nice work!! You should be proud, I know it's not easy. My BMI to start was 45.4. It's 26 point something at the moment. Did a recent Dexa scan and my body fat is at 24.3% They also do a Fat Mass Index FMI which is more accurate than BMI and mine is actually in the normal range, while in BMI land I'm still overweight. 

Water boot camp sounds like fun. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dot said:

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I just saw that. Great comment!!  I also like the comment “what filter are you using? It makes you look flawless’ LOL

I seriously don't know why I follow her. Torture myself I guess. Its the comments that drive me the craziest. 

"Erhmagawd! Whitney you look Ahmazing!" No she doesn't!!!! She didn't lose 80 pounds since her post from 2 days ago.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I seriously don't know why I follow her. Torture myself I guess. Its the comments that drive me the craziest. 

"Erhmagawd! Whitney you look Ahmazing!" No she doesn't!!!! She didn't lose 80 pounds since her post from 2 days ago.

Did you see the response to you? I think the rules say I can’t post other people’s SM stuff or I’d post it here. The person basically says all of her photos and the TV show prove she looked like that. I nearly fell off my chair. All of her photos and the TV show prove she DOESN’T look like that ??

• Love 8

There's also an app that lengthens your body or face to appear taller, thinner, etc. There was an expose' a few years ago showing Kim Kardashian in a real pic and then a lengthened  one to look thinner.  

Plus Twit's eyebrows and lower lashes look touched up. 

Phoney liar.

God, she is such a liar!!!  I think blatant  lying is a thing now (more often now) where anyone on tv or in the news puts out these ridiculous statements thinking there are idiots out the who are fooled ALL of the time.  Like we can't see, or hear with our own ears, or smell their bullshit from a mile away, or through the tv/Internet. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Just popping in here to show my support. This can't have been easy. You seemed to have reached a point of good health but still have goals, and you have my respect. Best of luck to you, and congratulations on getting healthier!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Congrats on your progress - I can relate, I'm 60 and have lost 30 lbs. over the past 2 years.  I've plateaued several times and it has often been an intense struggle, but I'm finally under 200 lbs. for the first time in at least 5 years.  Since menopause it's felt like an uphill battle all the way.   Like you, it's more about health for me at this point than anything else.   Don't give up, keep the faith!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Did you see the response to you? I think the rules say I can’t post other people’s SM stuff or I’d post it here. The person basically says all of her photos and the TV show prove she looked like that. I nearly fell off my chair. All of her photos and the TV show prove she DOESN’T look like that ??

Whitney responded to me as well with a non-answer.

These folks are cheering her on as she destroys herself. What we are seeing with Whitney is Ruby Part Deux. No good will come of this.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

These folks are cheering her on as she destroys herself. What we are seeing with Whitney is Ruby Part Deux. No good will come of this.

Just went to look at her answer. You attention whore you LOL

• Love 4

I feel like maybe if Whitney is trying to exercise for her health, she should stick to something simple, like something on a machine.  Treadmill, elliptical, stair climber.  Something that is just a lot of repetitive motion.  People are talking a lot about how she has "bad form".  I don't know exactly what that means, but it's hard to screw up something like walking or climbing a set of stairs.

I could never do variety exercises like she does.  I just can't focus.  I need to get on a machine and do one thing for 45 minutes.  I prefer the treadmill personally.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ah yes, photoshop it, paste it on Facebook, and if you question it, even disprove it, you're "fake news."

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

People are talking a lot about how she has "bad form".

A lot of us are athletes in some area or another and we've noticed that Whitney's exercise videos on Instagram show her doing exercises improperly. For example if you compare the video up thread of her doing what she says are burpees to a video of what burpees really look like:

The reason we harp on it is because doing exercises improperly, i.e. with the wrong form, is a very good way to not only not get exercise but also cause yourself a serious injury. At Whitney's size and ability she should not even attempt to do burpees.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

I feel like maybe if Whitney is trying to exercise for her health, she should stick to something simple, like something on a machine.  Treadmill, elliptical, stair climber.  Something that is just a lot of repetitive motion.  People are talking a lot about how she has "bad form".  I don't know exactly what that means, but it's hard to screw up something like walking or climbing a set of stairs.

I could never do variety exercises like she does.  I just can't focus.  I need to get on a machine and do one thing for 45 minutes.  I prefer the treadmill personally.

Well yea but here's why she doesn't. It doesn't make for "bragging" videos. I personally think she should do outdoor walking or swimming but a treadmill would work too. A stair climber would put a lot of stain on her already overtaxed knees. But anyway, any of that stuff is "regular people" workout. It's boring and unimpressive even though it's effective. She doesn't want effective. She wants showy. That's why she's trying all of the stuff she can't even begin to do correctly. She wants to post "hey I did burpees' because people know they are hard and she figures enough people will just blindly accept that she did them and be super impressed that Whitney can do burpees. As cherenkov says above, she has no business even trying to do burpees. But she also has no business trying to do most of the Cross-fit stuff. She needs a steady, low-impact, cardio, fat-burning plan. But that's responsible, not flashy. Whit wants the flash, not the results. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

That's why you hire a personal trainer. They keep you focused. At least, the real ones do.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

A lot of us are athletes in some area or another and we've noticed that Whitney's exercise videos on Instagram show her doing exercises improperly. For example if you compare the video up thread of her doing what she says are burpees to a video of what burpees really look like:

The reason we harp on it is because doing exercises improperly, i.e. with the wrong form, is a very good way to not only not get exercise but also cause yourself a serious injury. At Whitney's size and ability she should not even attempt to do burpees.

More videos of hot, shirtless guys, please.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Seeing this video, makes Whitney’s video even sadder.  Now, I certainly don’t expect Whitney, Buddy or Glenn to be in this guy’s league, but the fact that their trainer had at least some of them attempting this move, really irritates me.  It’s an injury or worse waiting to happen imo.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Why are you always looking for attention @Brooklynista?? ? The funniest part of Twit’s comment to you is that she is the biggest attention whore I’ve ever seen! 

• Love 5

Burpees are one of the hardest calisthenics moves in existence. They are plyometric, extremely dynamic, and use every muscle group in the body. They can spike the heart rate in no time flat. I would ONLY have intermediate exercisers attempt them. Even modified they are hard. There are calisthenics moves that Whitney could possibly do that are NOT burpees - I'd pick modified jumping jacks or maybe mountain climbers. Not burpees. She is just way too large and unfit.

• Love 5

In the deep recesses of my thought processes, I seriously wonder if Twit is trying to show her stamina in hopes of being invited to participate on "Dancing with the Stars."  We know that wasn't going to happen while she was screaming in pain while walking in Hawaii, but now she's SO strong and doing SO many difficult things.

• Love 4
Just now, Brooks said:

She wouldn't need to accept the DWTS invite, just to be able to tell her groupies that she was invited.

She'd swear she turned them down because it wouldn't be fair for her - as a "professional" dancer - to compete with a bunch of amateurs.

• Love 14

Will may very well be talking to her about form. The problem is he should be talking to her about not doing these exercises. How can you encourage someone to do push-ups whose stomach is so big even with her arms fully extended it can’t be raised off the ground. And how can you encourage someone who can’t do a push-up to do burpees? As Clairewalks says, try something else. I wonder if she could do jumping jacks. I would be surprised if she can jump off the ground. She needs to lose weight before she tries any of this. 

• Love 5

Here's a quote from Whitney in an August interview with People Now online magazine. I believe there's a video somewhere showing her doing this with Jessica as well.

“I’ve just been doing well,” she said on PEOPLE Now. “I re-learned how to jump, and I know that sounds like it’s not a big deal, but it really was for me. I was like hopscotching, really just doing it. I was so proud of myself.”

At the time I saw the video, I remember thinking that hopping on one foot when you weigh over three hundred and fifty pounds (giving her the benefit of the doubt here) is not something the tiny bones of the foot and ankle are likely to appreciate.  Jumping, also not such a good idea, but hopping? Yikes! I wonder how many of those weeks of exercise she says she's missed were due to injuries, rather than her jam-packed celebrity appearance schedule.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Will may very well be talking to her about form. The problem is he should be talking to her about not doing these exercises. How can you encourage someone to do push-ups whose stomach is so big even with her arms fully extended it can’t be raised off the ground. And how can you encourage someone who can’t do a push-up to do burpees? As Clairewalks says, try something else. I wonder if she could do jumping jacks. I would be surprised if she can jump off the ground. She needs to lose weight before she tries any of this. 

If she were 30 # lighter, she could do "bouncy jacks" (some people call them jumping jacks, but there's no jumping involved) seated on a Swiss ball. Unfortunately most of these balls have a weight limit of 400. 

Edited by Colleenna
Add vid
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

If she were 30 # lighter, she could do "bouncy jacks" (some people call them jumping jacks, but there's no jumping involved) seated on a Swiss ball. Unfortunately most of these balls have a weight limit of 400. 

This would be so appropriate for someone of Twit's size. According to the video, you get the same benefits as you do with jumping jacks, but without the impact on your knees. When I see something like this -- and TU for sharing it, @Colleenna -- I have to wonder again about the Powells' expertise. And integrity.

I would love this exercise myself, were I not so fearful of falling.

• Love 3

With a modified jumping jack, you don't actually jump, you just extend one side's arm and leg at once, then switch to the other, back and forth. It still moves the whole body like a jumping jack but it removes the impact. Whitney should not be doing ANY high impact exercises, or she will be looking at knee/hip replacements within 5 years at her weight (and that's if a doctor would even do one)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

This would be so appropriate for someone of Twit's size. According to the video, you get the same benefits as you do with jumping jacks, but without the impact on your knees. When I see something like this -- and TU for sharing it, @Colleenna -- I have to wonder again about the Powells' expertise. And integrity.

I would love this exercise myself, were I not so fearful of falling.

I can tell you (having done these myself) that 60 seconds of bouncy jacks will get your heart rate up and make you breathe hard. 60 seconds of bouncy jacks, 30 seconds of rest, repeat 6 times, a good cardio start. But Twit would be whining after just one round. 

• Love 3
On 10/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Well yea but here's why she doesn't. It doesn't make for "bragging" videos. I personally think she should do outdoor walking or swimming but a treadmill would work too

I am skeptical about the efficacy of outdoor walking.  I never do it because I know I'm not moving at a particularly good pace.  I need that treadmill to govern my speed.  It ensures I'm doing a brisk 4 MPH walk instead of a casual 2 MPH stroll.  On the other hand, treadmills do have weight limits and for good reason.  The one I use at my gym is only rated to 400 pounds.  I'm 265 pounds so I'm good, but I used to own a really shitty, cheap treadmill that was only rated to 250 pounds.  I burned out the motor after about 10 workouts and had to throw it away. 

So maybe outdoor walking would be a good start for Whitney.  In her condition she probably couldn't keep up a 4 MPH pace for more than quick bursts and might be better off at 2 to 2.5 MPH.  But if she hurts her feet in even minor ways that could disrupt her rhythm.  I'm thinking primarily of blisters.  I have intermittent problems with blisters.  I find with exercise it's good not to overtax yourself so that you can keep a rhythm and turn it into a habit.

18 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

With a modified jumping jack, you don't actually jump, you just extend one side's arm and leg at once, then switch to the other, back and forth. It still moves the whole body like a jumping jack but it removes the impact. Whitney should not be doing ANY high impact exercises, or she will be looking at knee/hip replacements within 5 years at her weight (and that's if a doctor would even do one)

If she did it on some sort of gym mat to cushion the blow of the landing would it be safer?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Ray Adverb said:

If she did it on some sort of gym mat to cushion the blow of the landing would it be safer?

Overall it would probably be less safe, because although it would cushion the landing a bit, it would also be an unstable landing surface, which might lead to twisted ankles.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ray Adverb said:

I am skeptical about the efficacy of outdoor walking.  I never do it because I know I'm not moving at a particularly good pace.  I need that treadmill to govern my speed.  It ensures I'm doing a brisk 4 MPH walk instead of a casual 2 MPH stroll. 

I found a CD of music from the 70s and 80s which was professionally put together for walking.  It starts out at a slower pace, then increases and maintains that until it slows down at the end.  It is exactly one hour in length.  During hot Arizona summers, we do our daily walk inside the air-conditioned mall before the stores open.  In our wonderful winter weather, we walk outside.  We keep the same pace all the time, with a goal of 10,000 steps every day.  I don't do weights, but we do throw in a Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD occasionally to encourage flexibility.  We are 71 and 77, and would have completed that Hawaii walk LONG before Twit started screaming.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I found a CD of music from the 70s and 80s which was professionally put together for walking.  It starts out at a slower pace, then increases and maintains that until it slows down at the end.  It is exactly one hour in length.  During hot Arizona summers, we do our daily walk inside the air-conditioned mall before the stores open.  In our wonderful winter weather, we walk outside.  We keep the same pace all the time, with a goal of 10,000 steps every day.  I don't do weights, but we do throw in a Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD occasionally to encourage flexibility.  We are 71 and 77, and would have completed that Hawaii walk LONG before Twit started screaming.

I don't live there, but I know that in Tucson, there's a weekly (?) sponsored walk / run /exercise "meet up" in the late afternoon/early evening. My in-laws participate every week. Even my SIL's grandchildren participate.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ray Adverb said:

I am skeptical about the efficacy of outdoor walking.  I never do it because I know I'm not moving at a particularly good pace.  I need that treadmill to govern my speed.  It ensures I'm doing a brisk 4 MPH walk instead of a casual 2 MPH stroll.  

I’ve lost 40lbs so far walking outdoors. I am always at a 4+MPH pace. I use an app that plays music and gives me mileage, pace, and split pace updates. Our town has a lot of hills which also increases the workout. We own a treadmill which others in the family use but I hate it. I also find if you get tired it’s too easy to just get off. If you walk outside you have no choice but to finish so you can get home. I have added weights and ab work to my routine which is helping increase my tone but the bulk of the weight loss comes from the walking. 

In Whitney’s case I don’t think it would matter what pace she walks. She do so little cardio activity that anything would be an improvement. She needs to lose weight. All of this gym stuff isn’t going to help much because her weight is preventing her from doing it correctly. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ray Adverb said:

I am skeptical about the efficacy of outdoor walking.  I never do it because I know I'm not moving at a particularly good pace.  I need that treadmill to govern my speed.  It ensures I'm doing a brisk 4 MPH walk instead of a casual 2 MPH stroll.  On the other hand, treadmills do have weight limits and for good reason.  The one I use at my gym is only rated to 400 pounds.  I'm 265 pounds so I'm good, but I used to own a really shitty, cheap treadmill that was only rated to 250 pounds.  I burned out the motor after about 10 workouts and had to throw it away. 

So maybe outdoor walking would be a good start for Whitney.  In her condition she probably couldn't keep up a 4 MPH pace for more than quick bursts and might be better off at 2 to 2.5 MPH.  But if she hurts her feet in even minor ways that could disrupt her rhythm.  I'm thinking primarily of blisters.  I have intermittent problems with blisters.  I find with exercise it's good not to overtax yourself so that you can keep a rhythm and turn it into a habit.

The thing is not every one can use a treadmill, I cannot my knees starts hurting within 2 minutes while walking outside I can walk 20 minutes before I start hurting. The treadmill just feels unnatural to me.If she would do anything, do it correct and stick with it she would feel better even if she did not lose weight

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

The thing is not every one can use a treadmill, I cannot my knees starts hurting within 2 minutes while walking outside I can walk 20 minutes before I start hurting. The treadmill just feels unnatural to me.If she would do anything, do it correct and stick with it she would feel better even if she did not lose weight

I have the same problem. I get knee pain on a treadmill but not outside at all. I never feel comfortable with my stride. 

You are right. Whit needs to choose something she can do properly and do it consistently. Not just when the cameras show up or when she can get her dad to join her. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

You are right. Whit needs to choose something she can do properly and do it consistently. Not just when the cameras show up or when she can get her dad to join her. 

ITA, Twit lacks the inclination to be consistent in her exercise regime.

I see on Buddy's IG page that he has bought a bicycle as a 15-mo sober gift to himself. That will be excellent exercise for him if he commits to riding it consistently.

Edited by Dot
1 hour ago, Dot said:

ITA, Twit lacks the inclination to be consistent in her exercise regime.

I see on Buddy's IG page that he has bought a bicycle as a 15-mo sober gift to himself. That will be excellent exercise for him if he commits to riding it consistently.

Good for Buddy. I hope he commits to it and I love it’s something he won’t do with Whitney. The purchase of a bike trainer shows that he’s wise to the need for cardio workouts. Not the CrossFit stuff he’s not ready for. 

• Love 1

Whitney just posted a video on Instagram of her bopping to some music a plane.  Of course the seat next to her is empty.  No way she's not buying 2 seats so she can travel somewhat comfortably. Do you know how expensive one seat is?? I can't imagine having to pay for 2 to avoid violating the passenger next to me. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2