Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Here she goes again, as she sez: "Happy #NationalComingOutDay! I've never officially "come out" to anyone, but if you know me you know I've been what my friends call "a little bit queer" (and I like this description!) since I was a teenager. . . ." Blah, blah, blah.

As a lesbian, this kind of shit pisses me off. It's no more appreciated than is a white woman (Rachel Dolezal) passing as black. Go appropriate some other culture, Twit. We don't want you.

She has a live video on her FB page in which she describes the ingredients in the "salad" that is delivered to her home daily: lettuce (iceberg, no doubt), pasta, nacho chips & avocado, doused with Ranch dressing. Oh, and carrot. How can she call THAT a salad? Is it the carrot that makes it a salad?

Well, I confessed to being fooled: Twit says she has been filming season 5 since March & I was so sure this show was dead. I guess it's never going to be over until one of the Thores actually is dead. It's a race between 2 septuagenerians & a super morbidly obese daughter.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Dot said:

Here she goes again, as she sez: "Happy #NationalComingOutDay! I've never officially "come out" to anyone, but if you know me you know I've been what my friends call "a little bit queer" (and I like this description!) since I was a teenager. . . ." Blah, blah, blah.

As a lesbian, this kind of shit pisses me off. It's no more appreciated than is a white woman (Rachel Dolezal) passing as black. Go appropriate some other culture, Twit. We don't want you.

She is just too damn sensuss to put her sexuality into a (large freight shipping) box.

• Love 8

Face it.  She's desperate for sex, so she'll take anyone or anything that will have her.  She probably sees sex as love, and has a void somewhere in her that craves love that none of us can understand.  It doesn't matter if they're male or female, as long as they give her the attention and validation she needs.  Unfortunately there is no one alive who can fill that void.  So she eats instead.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Dot said:

But when Babs "confronted" her after walking in on Donna massaging her "senshus" naked boobs Twits was all shock and horror at the thought that her mother would "want" her to be a lesbian and in the TH said something like "I can't be what you want me to be" ... so I get the whole sexuality/gender is a spectrum/fluid theory but Twit's scandalized declarations of "I'm not gay" swinging wildly to the whole "lesbionic" horseback riding/animal abuse (fake) kiss to all the weirdness that is her relationship with Donna "boo boo" to now this "little bit queer" OH! And let's not forget her shock and horror at Babs saying something about having possibly had leanings toward a bi-sexual or lesbian sexuality when she was younger before she met Glen. Twit tries to be so hip and progressive and eclectic but she really just a plain old, straight, basic, white girl. Delusional, immature, straight, basic, white girl. Get over yourself, Twit. Get over yourself. 

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Dot said:

She has a live video on her FB page in which she describes the ingredients in the "salad" that is delivered to her home daily: lettuce (iceberg, no doubt), pasta, nacho chips & avocado, doused with Ranch dressing. Oh, and carrot. How can she call THAT a salad? Is it the carrot that makes it a salad?

Well, I confessed to being fooled: Twit says she has been filming season 5 since March & I was so sure this show was dead. I guess it's never going to be over until one of the Thores actually is dead. It's a race between 2 septuagenerians & a super morbidly obese daughter.

Wait, what? She has "salad" DELIVERED to her home? Wow. 

And she's been filming since March? Wow thats a long time. Part of me is hopeful this is to show a physical transformation to more healthy, but based on the ingredients in that daily "salad", I dunno. 

I'm always hopeful. Won't be watching another season of fake everything. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Wait, what? She has "salad" DELIVERED to her home? Wow. 

She says in one of her livestream videos that she has everything delivered to her house that she possibly can. I assumed this has to do with her frequently repeated comment that she prefers to spend as much of her time naked as possible.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
(edited)

That "salad" sounds so fucking random and disgusting. I CAN'T EVEN, you guys. Pasta AND nacho chips AND avocado? AND RANCH? *pukes everywhere*

This woman will literally eat ANYTHING. She would probably gorge herself on Playdoh if she were locked in a room with it for three hours. (Henchi better watch out if her pizza is a few minutes late one night...)

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, LivinLovinLife said:

It's kinda weird that she said she doesn't want to go out at all. It flies in the face of her public persona. I'm finding this more and more disturbing. She seems unstable

Maybe she's not as "happy" being fat as she has claimed and doesn't want to deal with public judgyness. Yet she's all out there for the cameras, puts herself in situations to be shamed and then cries when it happens. I don't get the impression this is a happy person so she had to build herself up with fakery. 

I remember Kerryn's comment to Whit after the comedy routine: "For someone who says she's the happiest she's ever been, you sure cry A LOT." To which Whit could only respond in a defensive fashion because Kerryn called her out. Set up as that situation may have been, that was Kerryn being real and Whitney in denial. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She says in one of her livestream videos that she has everything delivered to her house that she possibly can. I assumed this has to do with her frequently repeated comment that she prefers to spend as much of her time naked as possible.

Yeah, she says she subscribes to some service that she calls; they go to whatever store carries the item she wants & then deliver it to her. I always find it interesting that she is so wasteful with the TLC $$$ she earns. Does she think her show will last forever?

The mental health issue is also interesting. First, TMI. It's really not her rabid fans' biz how much Prozac she consumes or how often she sees a shrink.

On the other hand, I would applaud her effort at better mental/emotional health if I believed she was making an honest effort. But the first thing her shrink would have told her is that her weight is contributing to her anxiety & depression just as much as it is to her physical disabilities. Her writing about her "confidence"; her daily, calorie-rich "salad"; her constant sexual innuendos (ref: latest live video) all point to a woman who is kidding herself. And can a personality disorder actually be "cured" with therapy?

There's a short video of Babs calling her a "blooming exhibitionist" & Twit loving the description. I think that says it all.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Dot said:

Sounds like the buffet offerings on a cruise ship. She can even get room service.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Sounds like the buffet offerings on a cruise ship. She can even get room service.

She mentioned that she couldn't remember several of the toppings on her "salad." You can bet that one of those is bacon bits.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

That "salad" sounds so fucking random and disgusting. I CAN'T EVEN, you guys. Pasta AND nacho chips AND avocado? AND RANCH? *pukes everywhere*

I thought it sounded all right until it went completely off the rails with PASTA. Like, what? Who puts PASTA in a what sounds like it's trying to be a southwest salad?? 

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe she's not as "happy" being fat as she has claimed and doesn't want to deal with public judgyness. 

I think you're dead on, and I'd add that schlepping nearly 400 pounds around has got to be really hard. I put on fifteen happy pounds since my wedding in May and THAT makes me feel sluggish and ungainly; I can't even imagine carrying an extra 250. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dot said:

She mentioned that she couldn't remember several of the toppings on her "salad." You can bet that one of those is bacon bits.

And one is fried croutons or crispy noodles.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I would applaud her effort at better mental/emotional health if I believed she was making an honest effort. But the first thing her shrink would have told her is that her weight is contributing to her anxiety & depression just as much as it is to her physical disabilities.

Not this shrink.

A quote from her website for those who want a sample:

Your body has the answers

Burn your diet books. Walk away from boot camps. Stop looking outside of you for the food and exercise answers. Each of us has our voice inside letting us know how to eat for health and pleasure. Don’t hear it? Doesn’t matter because whether you are looking or not your body is still communicating. Before you eat your next meal or snack pull up a chair. Listen. Open yourself to the options.

Warning: saying no to diets may feel wrong. It may even feel neglectful. Many people tell me it feels like letting yourself go. It’s not letting yourself go. It’s letting yourself Be.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Could some of the delivery drivers be bribed, for a tell-all video?

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Not this shrink.

And Whit's body is telling her nachos, etc.  Mine does too, but I don't always listen.
Bet she's into homeopathy and is anti-vax.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Not this shrink.

What a dick. So he's saying "Hey, if you're a food addict, your body will still tell you when it's going to go wrong! So go ahead, eat what you want and be lazy!" 

Wow. Wonder if he has the same advice for other addicts. "Go ahead, finish that bottle of tequila! Your body will let you know what it needs!" 

Um, rehabilitation treatment? 

• Love 2

Whitney is not stupid.  She has carefully found her friends and therapists and carefully crafts them to do whatever she wants.  That HAES nutritionist, picked so that she can say "I'm doing something, and it's prefectly legit."  And nobody goes to see a therapist for yeeeears unless they're not willing to change.  There's a reason why the only men in her life are Buddy, Tal and Todd. She could only dream of getting a semi decent guy like Roy, and Manny?  Manny sees through her shit like no other.

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Burn your diet books. Walk away from boot camps. Stop looking outside of you for the food and exercise answers. Each of us has our voice inside letting us know how to eat for health and pleasure. Don’t hear it? Doesn’t matter because whether you are looking or not your body is still communicating. Before you eat your next meal or snack pull up a chair. Listen. Open yourself to the options.

Body parts she doesn't listen to: Knees, hips, pancreas, lungs, heart, complexion, feet, ankles, sweat glands, back, liver.  She punishes them with crippling weight, they punish her with crippling depression and permanent health consequences.

Body parts she does listen to: Stomach, tongue, vagina.  That's all she cares about pleasing.  Any one of the three she can stuff, she's validated.  Damn any long term health consequences.

So yeah, all this HAES/Intuitive eating is all bullshit, they pick the 'easiest' things to listen to and ignore the rest.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Not this shrink.

I'll give the therapist, Julia Dillon, credit for one thing she claims she told Twit: stop the starving all day then eating everything you can get your hands on in the eve. (With basically the same rationale @ClareWalks gave us some time ago.)

But most of the rest of the article proclaiming her advice to Twit is the same crap all Twit's medical pros offer up: whatever keeps Twit delusional about her weight being her problem. I don't recall Twit's second season visit to Dillon, but it goes along with other MBFFL doctor visits, such as when she broke her toe. Nothing is ever said about her weight. And I agree with @Ketzel. If Dillon is the shrink Twit continues to see, Twit's just going to her for conversation, not help. No ethical medical pro is going to allow a 400# woman to believe she is at a healthy weight.

• Love 2

These "intuitive eating" proponents are nuts if they think that's a good thing to suggest to someone with binge eating disorder. If a client came to me with overeating issues I would advise them to count calories and read labels and try to maintain a diet of 1800-2000 calories a day for at least a few months, THEN if they are doing well they can try intuitive eating. They need to learn the *right* way to eat so they can understand what their body is telling them. Intuitive eating doesn't work if your body can't communicate properly. Basically, an obese person trusting "intuitive eating" is like taking your friend with you to Italy to be your translator and guide, only your friend has never been to Italy and speaks zero Italian.

• Love 9

I was reading an old People magazine abt a few participants on My 600 lb. Life--who had lost 300-400-or 500+ pounds.

What struck me  --and reminded me of Twitney-- and her recent comments that she gets everything she can delivered to get house,  and hasn't been put a Saturday night in years--is that those previously-600 lb. folks said that they RARELY LEFT THE HOUSE.  

Yep, Twit's on her way to Dr. No's  house-bound weight territory. Obviously, therapy ain't helping her. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

I was reading an old People magazine abt a few participants on My 600 lb. Life--who had lost 300-400-or 500+ pounds.

What struck me  --and reminded me of Twitney-- and her recent comments that she gets everything she can delivered to get house,  and hasn't been put a Saturday night in years--is that those previously-600 lb. folks said that they RARELY LEFT THE HOUSE.  

Yep, Twit's on her way to Dr. No's  house-bound weight territory. Obviously, therapy ain't helping her. 

I wonder if that's just because she doesn't wanna deal with people. On the other hand, how out of control is she? She eats lettuce-pasta-nacho-avocado-ranch salads. But she's leading a "dance" class for her show. 

I'm very curious about the upcoming season and what version of Twitney we will be shown. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm very curious about the upcoming season and what version of Twitney we will be shown. 

What, you think there's going to be a less delusional, less narcissistic, less hypocritical, less intent on lying about her weight problem Twit?

I'll go with Maya Angelou: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." (Not great grammar, sez my pedantic former English teacher self, but an admonition to heed.)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tosia said:

That is a sad thought. She is eating herself to death. And her entourage is helping her do it. I was so interested in seeing her start getting healthy in the first season. Its been like that Ruby show. Everyone just gave up. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Dot said:

What, you think there's going to be a less delusional, less narcissistic, less hypocritical, less intent on lying about her weight problem Twit?

I'll go with Maya Angelou: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." (Not great grammar, sez my pedantic former English teacher self, but an admonition to heed.)

I am an eternal optimist, hoping for something better (but preparing for the worst). Sometimes, people change. I wish she would, because if it's the same ol Twitney I won't waste my time. 

Go ahead twit. Keep eating, keep being an asshole. Become a nobody cooped up and immobile in your own home with everyone wiping your bum and bathing you (she's partway there already). We already have a show for that, but most of them want to get better. 

Agree with spankydoll, it seems everyone has given up. It's just more fun to create scenarios that humiliate her because she's so unlikable (which, as much as I dislike her, I cannot watch anymore).  

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Agree with spankydoll, it seems everyone has given up. It's just more fun to create scenarios that humiliate her because she's so unlikable (which, as much as I dislike her, I cannot watch anymore).  

I predict a sea change in the editing of her show. Before the filming of this coming season, we never saw or heard a peep from the film crew. Now Jason & Connie are her BFFs, the audio guy is willing to say she's "gorgeous" on command, etc.

These people are not going to show her eating. Or doing a split while skiing. Or wheezing thru a dance routine. No, they are going to show Twit dancing vigorously (with many cuts to eliminate the wheezing) & looking glamorous (witness all the glam photos she's been posting on FB the past couple of months). And I bet most of her will be filmed above the waist & show fewer shots of her fat ass & lipidemic legs.

If I'm right, I doubt I will watch more than an episode or so. I have no interest in being complicent in her & Pilgrim Media Group's hypocrisy.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 3

I can't stop thinking about that salad. Maybe I'm just insane, but salads should be *mostly vegetables.* That's what a salad IS. You can't just call a giant plate of nasty random processed carbs a "salad" because there's a couple leaves of iceberg lettuce and a cup of ranch dressing on top. :-X

• Love 4

My husband had a co-worker who was trying to lose weight and thought anything labelled "salad" was a good choice. So he'd go to the salad bar and load up on pasta "salad" and potato "salad" and so on, genuinely believing he was following the rules because he had been told to eat salads. Husband took him back to the salad bar and re-educated him a little bit. In the case of Whitney, though, I suspect she knows her salad isn't the greatest but she feels that the presence of iceberg lettuce justifies all the other crap. Sort of like when she patted herself on the back for not eating the whole giant cookie. "I'm really trying hard! I'm eating bad stuff, but look, there's lettuce too!"

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Because it can't be said enough...What The Fuck Is WRONG with Her?

I find it quite telling that the forum would allow for such a Topic title. 

Obviously it's to drive clicks, but when the commentary is so overwhelmingly negative, it's got to say something about her or the show.

I mean, could they possibly not try to frame her in a better light than the freakshow that they present?  Which begs the question...Is there such thing as a reality TV show that is grounded in any sort of reality of highlighting the good in people?  The closest I get is Zach and Tori of the Little People Big World fame, but that's sandwiched between the shit show of Jer&Auj-PoJ and Amy&Whathisfacedad.  Jeremy flew the coop on that mess.

Anyways, here's to a Season 5.  I look forward to another season of whitney filling out from the bottom up.  She's 'super lucky' that she's a fat bottomed pear.  Chrissy Metz is a center out apple which is harder to cart around, complications show up sooner and fattens out the face more, but at least she can act.  She's not an amazing actor like Milo V, or Stirling K, or even surprisingly the Kevin character, but she's miles ahead of that other 'fat actress' Gabriel Sibide.

Cheers Whitney, congrats to season 5.  I hope it gets popular enough that people decide to torrent it more often.

2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I could not agree more. The thing with Narcissist s is they are assholes and don't care that they are assholes.

This is probably the overwhelming reason as to why I watch this show.  I love watching Narcissists get their comeuppance.  It could be the laughable ski boots, the struggles of a basic arabesque to a 'trained dancer' or even the subtleties of the extreme difficulty of stepping up into a pedicab.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I can't stop thinking about that salad. Maybe I'm just insane, but salads should be *mostly vegetables.* That's what a salad IS. You can't just call a giant plate of nasty random processed carbs a "salad" because there's a couple leaves of iceberg lettuce and a cup of ranch dressing on top. :-X

Yeah, to Twit it's a "salad" cuz she has it delivered daily from a salad bar. Just as she only has a "coffee" for breakfast cuz she rolls up to the drive-up window of Starbucks, a coffee bar, for her incredibly calorie-rich beverage.

I'm sure she tells her therapist all she ingests daily   i

• Love 2

How much is she spending to have that odd mix of salad delivered daily? Since it's all the same she could save big bucks doing a weekly shop and just mixing it at home. My co-workers who have struggled with weight all complain that eating healthy is "boring" and repetitive, yet like Whit they eat the same unhealthy things over and over. I don't get it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, alabetser said:

How much is she spending to have that odd mix of salad delivered daily? Since it's all the same she could save big bucks doing a weekly shop and just mixing it at home. My co-workers who have struggled with weight all complain that eating healthy is "boring" and repetitive, yet like Whit they eat the same unhealthy things over and over. I don't get it.

This is a woman, that, at the age of 32, does not know how to whisk eggs to make scrambled eggs.

Cooking is like shooting for the moon to her.

• Love 3

My co-workers who have struggled with weight all complain that eating healthy is "boring" and repetitive

The sad thing is that the don't recognize that they will eat less. Processed food is engineered to induce someone to eat beyond satiety. I think I read that one of the Dorito flavors has the exact right proportion of salt/fat/sweet to make it difficult to just consume a few. (I also remember reading that Snicker's bars are the perfect mixture of flavors and textures to do the same.) I LOVE Snicker's bars and when I used to eat them a lot (Halloween leftovers for example) I just told myself I was getting protein from the peanuts. Lol. Yeah, I can be delusional at times.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Me from ME said:

The sad thing is that the don't recognize that they will eat less. Processed food is engineered to induce someone to eat beyond satiety. I think I read that one of the Dorito flavors has the exact right proportion of salt/fat/sweet to make it difficult to just consume a few. (I also remember reading that Snicker's bars are the perfect mixture of flavors and textures to do the same.) I LOVE Snicker's bars and when I used to eat them a lot (Halloween leftovers for example) I just told myself I was getting protein from the peanuts. Lol. Yeah, I can be delusional at times.

I was trying to find a way to articulate how processed food changes one's palate but you beat me to it (and better than I would have). 

It's hard for a lot of people to change the way they experience food, especially if they've been raised on processed foods. Cookery requires skill, there are lots of ways to make veggies suck if you don't know how to do it right. 

Twit has to know this stuff. I don't know how much time she actually spent with Will, but he had to have counseled her nutritionally. When people have not just weight issues but food addiction, they're going to do what they want and say, "but the salad has lettuce and avocado"! 

• Love 2

I find it fucking annoying when women think it's cute to be stupid about anything, like cooking or very basic nutrition, i.e., things that are common sense.. Delusion and lack of self-responsibility.  Grow up.

• Love 8

I have to say I'd lose weight if that "salad" was given to me for a meal.  I'd lose weight quickly, as not only would I not eat that hot mess, but I'd probably end up vomiting just from looking at it.  Pasta and Ranch dressing?  Really?  

'I can't wait for the new season to start.  I've not had anything to snark on for ages.

• Love 2

There is nutritional information EVERYWHERE. Internet, libraries, etc. people do not want to give up the junk. Same with excercise information. And it's not rocket science. It's not like you have to climb the Andes mountains to find what you need to change. You just have to be willing to. And do the HARD work that doesn't produce instant results right off the bat. People like Whitney CHOOSE to remain where they are. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Nacho said:

There is nutritional information EVERYWHERE. Internet, libraries, etc. people do not want to give up the junk. Same with excercise information. And it's not rocket science. It's not like you have to climb the Andes mountains to find what you need to change. You just have to be willing to. And do the HARD work that doesn't produce instant results right off the bat. People like Whitney CHOOSE to remain where they are. 

Amen to that. And, sadly, Twit wasn't -- and isn't -- willing & happy with what was achievable for her.

How many times, on MBFFL & in interviews, has she said, "I've done all that. I've lost 100 pounds." (Perhaps as many times as she's blamed PCOS for her immense weight.)

Been there, done that, Twit. I, too, was around 380 #s. I lost 120 of it tho, unlike you, I did it the smart way & not by starving and uberexercise. And I've never been able to manage any more weight loss, but, unlike you, I have been happy to maintain a wgt of 260 #s for many years.

It may be delusion on my part, but my experience tells me some of us are just going to be fatter than others. But no one's body is bulit to handle 380 #s. And anyone at that wgt can do something about it.

Twit could have been "fit and fat" at 200+ #s. And perhaps even happy & not requiring Prozac & therapy. But if she couldn't be a svelte 120 #s, then -- dammit -- she'll just regain the 100 #s she lost & show us all just how fat she can be. And, boy, is she succeeding at that! (I still maintain she is well over 400 #s now.)

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, LivinLovinLife said:

The thing that a lot of people, including Whitney, complain about is how long it takes to lose weight. Time will pass regardless if you make changes or not. If the journey is difficult it's worthwhile. You have to start somewhere

True. Whitney has been gaining weight for 15 years, but if it took her even 1 year to lose that weight, she would bitch and complain about how ridiculously long it was taking. I know so many people like this. Like you say, that time will pass whether you are stuffing your face with nasty "SALADS" or not.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney posted this stupid bullshit wherein she calls herself a feminist and refers to her thighs as being "as thick and strong as California redwoods." The same thighs that couldn't hoist you 12 inches up into a pedicab? How delusional is this woman?

As someone who lives in California and sees those glorious redwoods on a weekly basis, I am offended on behalf of those redwoods with that comparison.

• Love 3