Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Dot said:

How easy would it be for a 400# woman to reach her own clitoris? With a vibrator, sure, but I can see Twit as someone who wouldn't be satisfied without the human touch.

Why do you think they call it a "selfie stick?"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Looks like they're filming an episode for next season . . . a lesbian threesome.  Isn't that about the only invented scenario they haven't hit us with yet?

They could turn out to be her distant cousins.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, AmyB said:

I saw the video. It doesn't occur to any one of twits cult followers that this is a video of a famous south Korean ballet dancer that is rehearsing for a performance. Nope she just wants to do this flash and bang and get everyone rilled up to take attention off of her. And she really says oppressed wow. No twit you are not oppressed. Not even close! Spolied entited brat is more accurate! 

What is even more irritating is when you see the actual ballet he was rehearsing for, and you realize that the choreographer is making a fairly pointed comment about the general irrationality of body judgment. The "prince' in the ballet is tall and slim and handsome. He is surrounded by the four "prima donnas" (played by 4 men in fat suits) who he admires and dances with.  Running around the stage trying to fit in is a traditionally svelte young ballerina who is ignored by the prince and physically attacked by the primas.  When a choreographer arrives to cast his ballet for the actual performance, he casts all five "women" but is persuaded to fire the svelte one by the other four.  In an ending reminiscent of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," one of the primas is injured, the svelte dancer steps in and saves the performance and it all ends with (apparent) friendship and acceptance.  Big girls rule! Heh.

Whitney, by the way, has posted a lengthy video on her Facebook page kind-of, sort-of apologizing to kyung6, the ballet dancer, (there's a lot about how she misunderstands how instagram works and mistakenly blamed him for the caption that he didn't add, so not her fault, really) but loudly does not apologize to worldwidedance, who did post the caption. And then she goes on to rant about how if you want someone fat in your production, you should hire someone fat and not use fat suits and how it's just like when Hollywood turns black characters (from books, I guess?) into white characters on screen or doesn't use real Asians for Asian characters.  Some people may not find this offensive but she does and she's entitled to her opionion and  . . . .There's more but I tuned out at that point. ( Although I did hear the part where she explains to kyung6 that she speaks Korean and lived in Korea and thinks he's a wonderful dancer.)

Here's her written intro to the video:

Whitney Way Thore· 4 hrs · Greensboro, NC ·

In regard to my previous post about @kyung6 and @worldwidedance.

Keep swiping to see the full videos! In summary:

1️⃣@kyung6, I apologize!
2️⃣@worldwidedance, I don't apologize!
3️⃣To my followers, if I post about something I agree with, that does not mean I want you to bombard that person with hateful attacks—we can speak out about things without being shitty human beings....
4️⃣I love y'all/사랑해!

• Love 6

I watched all the videos and she is so full of shit it's not even funny. She claims it's NEVER her intention to sic her rabid followers on anyone. Then why would she even post the guy's name?! She has done this REPEATEDLY and always acts like "oh gosh, I can't control half a million people! Oh wow, I didn't know they'd do that!" EVERY. TIME. Fuck you, Whitney. Plus she immediately talked about how much hate SHE has gotten over posting this, as if to excuse the hate that the innocent ballerino got. Unbelievable. And of course the comments on her videos are all "we love you, Whitney! You're so amazing to apologize!" GAAAAAWD.

• Love 13

Oh also she claims that when ballet companies don't hire fat people to play fat roles, it's like white-washing. Yeah, try finding a goddamn 300 lb ballerina with perfect technique. Christ, Whitney. You are beyond stupid.

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh also she claims that when ballet companies don't hire fat people to play fat roles, it's like white-washing. Yeah, try finding a goddamn 300 lb ballerina with perfect technique. Christ, Whitney. You are beyond stupid.

[sarcastifont on] But it's not the 300 lb. dancer's fault she doesn't have perfect technique! It's the discriminatory ballet establishment having unreasonable expectations that are per se body shaming! Why would they NEED 300 lb. dancers with perfect technique, anyway?  The only possible reason would be to shame and embarrass these poor fat dancers who can't do what the thin ones can for no fault of their own! [sarcastifont off]

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

She has done this REPEATEDLY and always acts like "oh gosh, I can't control half a million people! Oh wow, I didn't know they'd do that!" EVERY.

You know what, the place best place to call her out, is to go to TLC's Facebook page, or email them, and point out that one of their "stars" is harassing someone, and encouraging others to do so, and that they, TLC, bear some liability in this.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, auntjess said:

You know what, the place best place to call her out, is to go to TLC's Facebook page, or email them, and point out that one of their "stars" is harassing someone, and encouraging others to do so, and that they, TLC, bear some liability in this.

Great idea. I am encouraged to do this. And will.

• Love 2

I'm am so tired of her comparing being overweight to  other groups that truly are oppressed, and discriminated against. I'm aware fat people are discriminated against, so I'm not saying it's not an issue, but I don't see people in other countries being murdered because they are fat, but everyday people are killed for things like their sexuality, or the color of their skin. 

She doesn't want worldwidedance to pick a fat dancer, she wants them to pick her. She couldn't care less about any other fat dancers, just herself. Now that I think about it I really don't ever recall her promoting any other dancer, just herself, if No BS was a true cause she believed in there are plenty of people she could partner with or promote, but the no BS campaign was simply a way to promote herself.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Great idea. I am encouraged to do this. And will.

On the show's FB page, I didn't see any visitor posts, which probably means they're deleting, so I just commented under another post.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, leighroda said:

no BS campaign was simply a way to promote herself

50% off the store right now!

I'm guessing Donna gets to live in for free for being the merch manager.  Will Werk with Twitney for food.

6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

[sarcastifont on] But it's not the 300 lb. dancer's fault she doesn't have perfect technique! It's the discriminatory ballet establishment having unreasonable expectations that are per se body shaming! Why would they NEED 300 lb. dancers with perfect technique, anyway?  The only possible reason would be to shame and embarrass these poor fat dancers who can't do what the thin ones can for no fault of their own! [sarcastifont off]

BBC UK did a show called "fat ballerina' or something to the sort, and the ALL had better technique than Twit.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, qqererer said:

BBC UK did a show called "fat ballerina' or something to the sort, and the ALL had better technique than Twit.

That wouldn't be hard. She has nothing even approaching technique when it comes to simpler forms of dance, like her own watered-down-to-almost-non-existent version of zumba/hip-hop. Ballet?! She can't even point a toe, let alone wear a toe shoe.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Would it even be physically safe for a 300 lb. dancer to dance en pointe?  Not that that would help Twit, who is waaaaay above 300 lbs. and doesn't have perfect technique for any type of dance.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Would it even be physically safe for a 300 lb. dancer to dance en pointe?  Not that that would help Twit, who is waaaaay above 300 lbs. and doesn't have perfect technique for any type of dance.

I don't know of any ballet teacher who would feel comfortable teaching pointe to a morbidly obese student.  Ballet students who have sufficient technical background, (generally from two to four years of training, at least three times a week) can expect to begin pointe training around 11 or 12 years of age. But the bones of the feet are not fully developed until one's early twenties, so there's a real risk of permanent harm for a morbidly obese student to attempt pointe work.  It's not just how difficult it is to balance that much weight on such a small portion of the foot. It's also that you have to have the ankle, knee and core strength to (a) very rapidly push all your weight up onto the pointe; (b) balance; and then (the part most people don't think about when they watch it done) keep all of your weight lifted up continuously as you dance en pointe. Even a 90 pound ballerina has to hold her weight up in her body and not let it drop down into the foot, or she will be too slow to maintain her balance or keep up with speedy choreography. It's also an incredibly aerobic activity.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
On 5/6/2017 at 7:01 PM, Ketzel said:

What is even more irritating is when you see the actual ballet he was rehearsing for, and you realize that the choreographer is making a fairly pointed comment about the general irrationality of body judgment. The "prince' in the ballet is tall and slim and handsome. He is surrounded by the four "prima donnas" (played by 4 men in fat suits) who he admires and dances with.  Running around the stage trying to fit in is a traditionally svelte young ballerina who is ignored by the prince and physically attacked by the primas.  When a choreographer arrives to cast his ballet for the actual performance, he casts all five "women" but is persuaded to fire the svelte one by the other four.  In an ending reminiscent of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," one of the primas is injured, the svelte dancer steps in and saves the performance and it all ends with (apparent) friendship and acceptance.  Big girls rule! Heh.

Whitney, by the way, has posted a lengthy video on her Facebook page kind-of, sort-of apologizing to kyung6, the ballet dancer, (there's a lot about how she misunderstands how instagram works and mistakenly blamed him for the caption that he didn't add, so not her fault, really) but loudly does not apologize to worldwidedance, who did post the caption. And then she goes on to rant about how if you want someone fat in your production, you should hire someone fat and not use fat suits and how it's just like when Hollywood turns black characters (from books, I guess?) into white characters on screen or doesn't use real Asians for Asian characters.  Some people may not find this offensive but she does and she's entitled to her opionion and  . . . .There's more but I tuned out at that point. ( Although I did hear the part where she explains to kyung6 that she speaks Korean and lived in Korea and thinks he's a wonderful dancer.)

Here's her written intro to the video:

Whitney Way Thore· 4 hrs · Greensboro, NC ·

In regard to my previous post about @kyung6 and @worldwidedance.

Keep swiping to see the full videos! In summary:

1️⃣@kyung6, I apologize!
2️⃣@worldwidedance, I don't apologize!
3️⃣To my followers, if I post about something I agree with, that does not mean I want you to bombard that person with hateful attacks—we can speak out about things without being shitty human beings....
4️⃣I love y'all/사랑해!

Wait. She actually SPEAKS Korean now?? I mean, just because she lived ther for what, one year? Doesn't mean she's fluent in the language. Especially if she was teaching English. A lot of those programs send Americans over to teach with little to no knowledge of the host language. They don't even necessarily have to have any training in ESL. The companies give them "training" and the curriculum to follow etc. Really motivated people will go out and interact with the locals and learn as much of the language and culture as they can while they're there (and often re-up contracts and stay for years) but I don't see Twit making any great effort to get out there and learn the language. And her pronunciation of kyung sucked. 

Sorry for the rant. I am just about to hit critical mass with this b*tch. Her willful ignorance and overblown sense of her own importance, her entitlement, her hypocrisy... I don't know how much more of this I can take. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

It's not just how difficult it is to balance that much weight on such a small portion of the foot. It's also that you have to have the ankle, knee and core strength to (a) very rapidly push all your weight up onto the pointe; (b) balance; and then (the part most people don't think about when they watch it done) keep all of your weight lifted up continuously as you dance en pointe. Even a 90 pound ballerina has to hold her weight up in her body and not let it drop down into the foot, or she will be too slow to maintain her balance or keep up with speedy choreography. It's also an incredibly aerobic activity.

It really is like defying gravity. I always go back to the scene in Black Swan where Natalie Portman is practicing pirouettes en pointe in her apartment and they close up on the foot and show it slow-motion. You see how much force is place on the toe box and the whole foot at each rotation. I kept waiting for one of those thin foot-bones to just snap (partly because of the movie). I can't imagine how much flexion you'd see if you added another oh... 300+ pounds turning on that toe. Nope. I think at that point you'd see bones snapping like twigs. Twit would need way more than a boot if she attempted pointe work. 

And if she's so "I speak Korean" "I lived in Korea" and she's SUCH the professional dancer, how does she NOT know who Kyung is? Just sayin'.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

Wait. She actually SPEAKS Korean now?? I mean, just because she lived ther for what, one year? Doesn't mean she's fluent in the language. Especially if she was teaching English. A lot of those programs send Americans over to teach with little to no knowledge of the host language. They don't even necessarily have to have any training in ESL. The companies give them "training" and the curriculum to follow etc. Really motivated people will go out and interact with the locals and learn as much of the language and culture as they can while they're there (and often re-up contracts and stay for years) but I don't see Twit making any great effort to get out there and learn the language. And her pronunciation of kyung sucked. 

Sorry for the rant. I am just about to hit critical mass with this b*tch. Her willful ignorance and overblown sense of her own importance, her entitlement, her hypocrisy... I don't know how much more of this I can take. 

She was in Korea 3 or 4 years, actually. In that time I would think she would pick up a few phrases, but I bet she was too lazy to make any real effort to become fluent, esp. since there are so few metropolitan areas of the globe where you can't get by pretty well with just English. And ITA that she was no doubt sent there by one of those rather dubious "schools." Twit has given no indication that she has any teacher training education at all.

• Love 1

There is no way Whit could go on pointe... her knee barely supports the weight she has now, and her ankles would need to be hella strong, and of course there is the breaking of toes she has already broken. I highly doubt she could do a proper releve (standing on your toes, but unlike pointe, your toes can be flexed). I have also never seen a triple wide pointe shoe. 

I was 12 when I was allowed to go on pointe, and I only did it a couple years, I quit when the pain and risks out ran the positives (I was never a fan of ballet to begin with, but it was the precursor to other forms of dance) even then I probably weighed somewhere in the 100 lb range, it was still hard for my body to support my weight and took lots of strengthening to be able to do it properly. I think whitneys size does sometimes keep her from proper technique, but based on the moments she has shown of her dancing when she was skinny younger, I don't believe she had good technique even then. 

I feel like I might have said this before, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself, but I weigh probably 30-40 lbs more than I did in my dance hey-day, and while there are many things I can't do anymore thanks to weight and less flexibility, but say I were to attempt pirouettes, I don't think I could do 3 anymore, but I could probably do 1-2 because my muscle memory would kick in and I would still have pretty good technique. This is why I firmly believe Whitney never used proper technique, the things we have seen her do lack it, and yeah it's much harder to do things at her weight, but something as simple as pointing her toe is not a weight issue, she never properly learned how to do it.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

There's only one word for her that we used back in the day: POSER

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Wait. She actually SPEAKS Korean now??

So she says. She also posted a pic of a tattoo on her wrist in Korean at the end of last year. When one of her followers wondered how she knew it really meant  "I am strong" and not "cashew chicken" ( I  know! I know!) Whitney responded "I read, write, and speak Korean. That's how I know."

Edited by Ketzel
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So she says. She also posted a pic of a tattoo on her wrist in Korean at the end of last year. When one of her followers wondered how she knew it really meant  "I am strong" and not "cashew chicken" ( I  know! I know!) Whitney responded "I read, write, and speak Korean. That's how I know."

I've ordered food from a menu in Paris.  So I can claim to read, write, and speak French.  That's probably as much as Twit can do in Korean.  And isn't the word "pizza" universally understood?

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 4
(edited)

In case we needed any more data to support how much of a self-absorbed witch Whitney is, one of the comments on her "apology" to Kyung said something to the effect of, "I was a big fan but will no longer watch because of the way you attacked that dancer." Whitney actually replied to that comment with "These are my favorite comments (waving emoji, laughing emoji)" 

Seriously? 

Edited by saratothej
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

How many "I Am Strong" tats-on-wrists does Twit have? I know she got one recently saying that in Arabic. And with all the tattoos she's been getting recently, maybe it's a good thing after all that she weighs 400+ pounds. Plenty of space.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, saratothej said:

In case we needed any more data to support how much of a self-absorbed witch Whitney is, one of the comments on her "apology" to Kyung said something to the effect of, "I was a big fan but will no longer watch because of the way you attacked that dancer." Whitney actually replied to that comment with "These are my favorite comments (waving emoji, laughing emoji)" 

Seriously? 

She is sooooo mature. My response to people wpuld have been Bye Felicia. The funny thing is I did do that to one of her lemmings and jer name was not felcia but so and so. I was like omg how old are you and you don't get the reference?? That is her followers mentality in a nutshell. Same with bless your heart, they have no idea that's an insult. 

• Love 1

So what is Whit like doing right now? There is nothing on her webpage or facebook about upcoming speeches, people on the speaking circuit typically keep a list, she isn't teaching big girl dance class, she doesn't have her fake radio job anymore.

So is she like  a temp or something or does she just sit around posting on Facebook all day?

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, John M said:

So what is Whit like doing right now? There is nothing on her webpage or facebook about upcoming speeches, people on the speaking circuit typically keep a list, she isn't teaching big girl dance class, she doesn't have her fake radio job anymore.

So is she like  a temp or something or does she just sit around posting on Facebook all day?

Twit has a lot going on. Today she went to Starbucks. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, saratothej said:

Twit has a lot going on. Today she went to Starbucks. 

I don't know which is worse: that Whitney thinks it's newsworthy to mention that she's gone to Starbucks... or that you've reported it and I've read it. *sigh*

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I don't know which is worse: that Whitney thinks it's newsworthy to mention that she's gone to Starbucks... or that you've reported it and I've read it. *sigh*

Ha! We're all in a sad, sad state. 

• Love 3

Yeowz.  Just watched the 'apology' video.

She's our Mama June and Honey Boo Boo all wrapped up into one.

And what is this key lime thing and drinking in your 'own private parking lot' with her Dad driving up.  It's completely weird.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, saratothej said:

Seriously? 

She says she loves those (negative) comments, but she's not a celebrity who can afford to lose fans if she wants to keep her show on the air, it seems she's already on thin ice as far as viewers are concerned, she really shouldn't alienate the ones she has (although as far as I'm concerned alienate away, I'd rejoice the end). It just shows how childish she is, I'm surprised she hasn't said "I'm rubber your glue". 

• Love 6

I appolgize for this picture but omg she literally is always freaking naked. I get it's her house and room but does she have to constantly post that shit? Gross! 

IMG_4958.JPG

• Love 2

Twit seems to have nothing to do but post naked videos & troll the Internet for ppl she can abuse in the name of NoBs. I thought her new season was supposed to start filming May 6. Apparently, it isn't. Could it be that there is no new season?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit seems to have nothing to do but post naked videos & troll the Internet for ppl she can abuse in the name of NoBs. I thought her new season was supposed to start filming May 6. Apparently, it isn't. Could it be that there is no new season?

We can only hope. It'll be fun to watch her try and deal with reality after un-reality tv. 

• Love 3
On 5/5/2017 at 9:34 PM, qqererer said:

As a introverted male, can someone please explain to me if 'girls sleepovers' really do migrate in to a woman's 30's?

I will admit that at 37, I've referred to a couple of nights with my good friends as "sleepovers" mostly in a joking sense. These usually come about if we've gone out for dinner and drinks to celebrate an event or going out to a Mardi Gras ball as a group sans SOs. We also make a similar joke about sorority convention, where for a week, a huge group of sisters show up to share hotel rooms and be with 600-1000 of our nearest and dearest for a week. No one really sleeps and we end up far too often staying up all night catching up with friends we haven't seen in a while. However, these are all rarities and are just a fun way to refer to something that is rare and special. Twit's "girls sleepover" with her roommate and a good friend is just odd. Call it a "too drunk to let the party end" night and quit posting about it sans clothing.

• Love 5
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎06 at 4:46 PM, ClareWalks said:

Hiring a 300lb ballerina with perfect technique is about as possible as a 300lb person doing a 1ft box jump.  Near impossible except with super human dedication, of which Twit doesn't have.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Dot said:

TLC remains silent on whether the show is renewed or cancelled. Whitney wasn't shy about announcing this past season's renewal, so I can only assume nothing's been confirmed with her, either.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Just casually laying in bed naked wearing three cubic tons of makeup and posing for photos so none of my rolls show, NBD

Oh no, she can't purposely pose so that none of her rolls are showing!! Must have just been a coincidence. Twit would never try to hide her true body because she's so proud of it. It took a lot of hard work to get to 400 lbs! Those pizzas don't eat themselves, ya know. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Just casually laying in bed naked wearing three cubic tons of makeup and posing for photos so none of my rolls show, NBD

Turning her back on the version of herself who said for the show, "I want to know that somebody can look at me the way I am when I wake up in the morning, and I want to be able to look at me the way that I am when I wake up in the morning, and think that's beautiful, because I don't want the pressure and the responsibility of having to put in all this hair, put on makeup every day, to feel that I'm all right enough."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

TLC remains silent on whether the show is renewed or cancelled. Whitney wasn't shy about announcing this past season's renewal, so I can only assume nothing's been confirmed with her, either.

Well, she's going to be SO BUSY on tour with The Fitness Marshal.  [/sarcasm]

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Well, she's going to be SO BUSY on tour with The Fitness Marshal.  [/sarcasm]

Ha! As if TFM would even be willing to meet Whitney for coffee, let alone take her on tour, if the show was cancelled!

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, leighroda said:

I'm am so tired of her comparing being overweight to  other groups that truly are oppressed, and discriminated against. I'm aware fat people are discriminated against, so I'm not saying it's not an issue, but I don't see people in other countries being murdered because they are fat, but everyday people are killed for things like their sexuality, or the color of their skin. 

She doesn't want worldwidedance to pick a fat dancer, she wants them to pick her. She couldn't care less about any other fat dancers, just herself. Now that I think about it I really don't ever recall her promoting any other dancer, just herself, if No BS was a true cause she believed in there are plenty of people she could partner with or promote, but the no BS campaign was simply a way to promote herself.

There is a lot of research indicating that overweight people are less likely to be hired for jobs, make less money than their thinner peers, are thought of as less intelligent, etc. It's real. Your looks shouldn't matter unless you are a model or an actress.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

There is a lot of research indicating that overweight people are less likely to be hired for jobs, make less money than their thinner peers, are thought of as less intelligent, etc. It's real. Your looks shouldn't matter unless you are a model or an actress.

It is true. I wish Whitney would talk more about those things instead of just being like "hot men don't find me attractive! Waaaaaah! I am so put upon!"

• Love 7
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

Like I said, I wasn't saying it's not an issue, it just isn't the issue she is making it out to be..

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

She's not chosen because she's abnormally self absorbed, stabby and delusional.

As an example, I liked her personality in the first season of this show and was rooting for her. Whit was very likable and funny, she could have done so much with that. Now? I can't tell if she was nice to begin with and "reality" TV changed her, or if she was just a mean girl in hiding. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
(edited)

Yes, there is real discrimination in the workforce against overweight people.

Whitney, however, is not one of those people. In fact, she appears to owe her current lucrative and cushy job almost entirely to the fact that she is massively overweight.  (She's also telegenic and has stage presence, but that's secondary to her size. And she is apparently well aware of that fact, as it seems to be a big part of her resistance to losing weight.) What is frustrating is that, when given a real life work scenario on her show, she portrays all the negative stereotypes about overweight people without a moment's thought. She shows up late, she's unprepared, she pants and sweats, she dresses inappropriately and doesn't groom herself at all, and she laughs loudly as she calls all of these facts to the attention of her bosses and co-workers.  Oh, yeah, she's a powerful warrior against discrimination, all right.  Every time her show appears, it's a setback to overweight people actually struggling with discrimination. 

She's not bright enough to understand that she has two audiences. One is made up of her admirers, many who are also overweight or obese and who have given up the struggle to manage their weight. For them, she is this brave and self-confident role model, and they love and defend her. She flaunts her fat and tells them she, and by extension, they, are fabulous and wonderful and don't need to change in any way. I happen to think her message to this audience is a pernicious one and she uses it to feed her own ego, but it clearly gratifies a substantial need among her fans.

Her other audience is - everyone else who watches. What are you showing this audience, Whitney? How are you demonstrating the unfairness of discrimination against the overweight? How are you showing strength and dignity in the face of snap judgments and social disapproval? What are you doing to mitigate the real negatives of being so obese (aside from pretending they don't exist, except when they overwhelm your denial, at which point you simply collapse in tears?  See, for example, your infamous ski trip.) You have a real platform, but you don't seem interested, or willing, or aware enough to use it to foster real change.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 16
On 5/6/2017 at 6:13 PM, auntjess said:

This is what I posted on the TLC FB page:

TLC, you need to rein in your Z-list celebrity performer of My Big Fat Fabulous Life. Whitney Way Thore is a lawsuit waiting to happen, e.g., one of sexual harrassment for her pursuit of & obsession over Roy of KISS95.1. She is also trolling the Internet and, in the name of her phony NoBS campaign, siccing her rabid dogs (aka fans) on people. Most recently, she caused great distress to one of South Korea's premier ballet dancers by completing misinterpreting a video of him. You need to tell her to LAY OFF, or one of these days someone is going to sue both you & Twit.
Also, if you intend to renew this awful show, you MUST make it an honest reflection of a 400# woman's life. Show her eating. Show her getting into her car. Show her getting off a couch. Show what a hypocrite she is. She is NOT fit & the people who watch this show need to see that. She is killing some of them by letting them live HER lie. And, TLC, you are culpable for not showing what her disabled life is really like.

• Love 18