Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Tara & Joey

Vyk
  • Start Topic

Other than Joey's poor start with finding the right luggage (he was the only one who failed to do so, right?), they seemed to work really well together.  I liked that Tara was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in spite of that early blunder, and good on her for that.

I like this team so far. I do think that the fact that Joey DID get the luggage wrong on the first attempt helped to not only remember him better, but also endeared me to him. I think Tara choosing Joey despite his mistake, and then listing her reason as to why she chose him, made me really like her too.

• Love 1

I became frustrated with him in this episode. He seemed to walk around with a spaced-out look on his face.  Then he made the 2 mistakes, wrong luggage and overturned the canoe. Also, he seemed too laid-back and allowed Tara to take charge. 

• Love 2

The oldsters had to come back from their own bad luck in getting a cabbie that drove way too slowly, even though he knew which way to go.  They did the Work Your Feet Detour very quickly and efficiently, and Tara did a fine job at the Roadblock.

Nice recovery after their cabbie slowed them down.

Really happy to see the oldsters doing so well, and making such a jump, to boot!  They kept their cool at the Build It Detour, and while Joey made an initial stumble at the Roadblock, he fixed it fast, even though it cost them what would've been a well-earned win.  Still, second is a nice finish for them, as well, so kudos!

They really do communicate very well.  Must be their age and maturity.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2017 at 3:11 AM, Vyk said:

They really do communicate very well.  Must be their age and maturity.

What a wonderful world that would be. 

But point taken -- colleagues or fellow travelers, anyway, do often communicate better as they mature. If they mature.

• Love 3

No one ran a perfect leg in the first episode.  These two ran around with virtually no plan at the Knock Detour, had no luck at the Lock Detour, and switched back to the Knock Detour.  But at least they finally figured out what they were looking for, after which they zipped right through the task.  Lucky, they were, that the ferry bunched up all of the teams but one.  Joey was an ace at the Roadblock and was fortunate that everyone who'd finished before him had to go back and check another detail.  Well-earned win.

As for the second leg, they did a pretty damn good job to win two legs in a row, despite being the oldest team in the race!  Joey rocked the Roadblock, and they finished the Troll Detour pretty quickly.

But the one worrisome thing they did was their apparent confusion over the clue they'd found at that Detour.  That, and then helping Matt & Redmond with it.  They very nearly cost themselves the win they'd rightly earned!  I was surprised they managed to outrun them in spite of that!  Still, good job to win two in a row.

• Love 1

They're not the most competent but they've managed to place strong in spite of it and I think they might be becoming my favorites. Team Fun is cute but they don't seem entirely genuine and I forget that London and Logan are there. Tara and Joey bicker and make mistakes but they get things done and they seem like solid people at their cores.

• Love 2

Tara and Joey are like the old married couple who bicker. It's funny that they just met two weeks ago (or, however long it's really been) but they bicker like they are really dataing. It doens't seem to affect their game though. They bicker and kidd each other. They are hardly a bad team but I'm not sure if they make the Final 3.

They keep finishing close to or at the top of the pack and they seem to get along really well so they may surprise people. They could be the dark horse to win the whole thing.  Which would actually make me very happy! 

• Love 4

Finally out of first, but I think they actually ran a better leg than the two teams in front of them.  Tara nailed the Roadblock by working with Michael.  Then, they chose not to play the high school game of the other teams and avoided the U-Turn altogether.  They took the Make a Mold Detour, and sadly, due to how long it took, they lost their lead.

Still, they clocked in third, and it was a well-deserved finish for them.  It's really good to see them still working together very well.

• Love 1

I don't notice it much either, he just said he liked it (the design, I guess) and wondered where Joey got it so he could price-check, try it out, consider buying, whatever.

Edited by Hasseltine
  • Love 1

They're such a pleasant, competent, drama-free couple (and good Racers, too), that I find myself smiling whenever they're on camera. I do find it ironic that they're "Team Mom and Dad" and 'the oldest team' on the Race, given that they're not all that old!

• Love 2

The Team Mom and Dad name irritates me but I guess I can't complain since I think they may have named themselves. Still, he's a cop and she was a freaking paratrooper! That's badass! They should have been Team Badass.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

The Team Mom and Dad name irritates me but I guess I can't complain since I think they may have named themselves. Still, he's a cop and she was a freaking paratrooper! That's badass! They should have been Team Badass.

I like that name.  And I believe she is in Afghanistan right now.

They nabbed the lead early, but lost it by going on foot to the Bring It Detour.  Still, Joey was a machine at the task and helped them get it done fast.  And although Tara messed up with the painting process at the Roadblock, she cleaned up after Floyd tipped her off and finished it at a good pace.

Third place was a very nice finish.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:13 AM, Nalan said:

They nabbed the lead early, but lost it by going on foot to the Bring It Detour.  Still, Joey was a machine at the task and helped them get it done fast.  And although Tara messed up with the painting process at the Roadblock, she cleaned up after Floyd tipped her off and finished it at a good pace.

Third place was a very nice finish.

And, they aren't considered the big threat like Matt & Redmond or as annoying as Brooke. Actually, is anyone as annoying as Brooke? Team Mom & Dad are a solid team and it's pretty amazing they ended up together. I think they could make the Final 3. I'm thinking them, Matt & Redmond & Team Fun!

• Love 1

Have to think Tara was pretty smart to pick Joey. His ability to bounce back from that early mistake (wrong flag on luggage) with humor was a keen thing to pick up on and seems to be serving them very well.

They continue to impress.  They are officially a favorite of mine!  

• Love 1

Yes!  Back on top!  They dropped the hammer and just killed this leg!  They navigated perfectly, they knocked out the For the Bride Detour, and they navigated correctly to the stadium.  Tara had one failure at the Roadblock, but finished it quickly enough to keep herself and Joey in the lead, all while he was very supportive to her the whole way.

Nice job, guys!

First to last for them on the first leg, and it was completely their fault.  After being forced into the Window Design Detour, they completely forget about their third mannequin and still ask for a check despite not having it.  Only then do they realize that they didn't have it and have to go back.  This was their major mistake that sent them crashing down to the bottom.  But they hit a non-elimination leg, so they should be feeling very lucky to still be in it.

Fantastic job on the second leg, though.  They caught the second bus to Ninh Binh and really worked to catch up.  They rode to the temple well ahead of Brooke & Scott and London & Logan, and they completed their Speed Bump as quickly as they could.  Then, Joey just killed the Roadblock, and Tara calmly did the rowing of their boat with her feet, even though she did lose her cool on Joey at least once during the task.  Still, they completely redeemed themselves from the last leg and came in third, masterfully making up the time they needed to stay in the race.

It was funny having them look at the picture and not seeing the third mannequin there. I mean there was anotehr inthe photo. if they spent less time of detail and more on seeing what was missing they would have done better. 

Seems like they were going to be as upset at losing to Brooke as being eliminated.

Joey said something about not liking or trusting Brooke from the very first day in the race.

3 hours ago, holly4755 said:

It was funny having them look at the picture and not seeing the third mannequin there. I mean there was anotehr inthe photo. if they spent less time of detail and more on seeing what was missing they would have done better. 

Someone on the main episode(s) thread mentioned that it all stemmed from Tara misreading the clue.  They were just concerned with making sure the mannequin and dummy were dressed properly -- since they believed that was all that was required.  Tara goofed...but it's always a good idea for both teammates to read the clue.

I think they handled the mannequin mistake really well.  Tara apologized (though really, reading the clue is both of their responsibilities), Joey didn't overreact, they moved on and got it done.  Stress, yes, but no big drama.  Hello, Brooke - that's how you do it.

• Love 4

Tara replied to Team Green (Justin & Diana's) tweet and said the following:

And Diana was just saying how great I've been at that!!!! Our paper was torn & soaked. "child" was on the crease. I totally missed it!

Everything on this leg went very smoothly for them right up until Tara's Roadblock.  Joey nailed the cup-stacking Roadblock, and he and Tara made their kimchi with very little fuss.  But Tara very nearly lost it for them at her Roadblock.  Picking different characters was bad enough, but seemingly not even trying to learn the technique till it was nearly too late was the other.  But she finally did manage to finish it, and she and Joey took a well-earned third-place finish on this leg.

I think they're the strongest team heading into the final leg.  But if they wanna win, they'll need to pay better attention to detail and not get frustrated when things go wrong for them.

They seem to be suffering from killer fatigue late in the race.  The total screwup with the manikins, Tara flailing at the video games and Joey looking close to collapsing a few times running in the heat isn't a sign of a team getting stronger going into the finale.

• Love 2

You have to see their confessional from last night after coming in 3rd. They are both saying that the gamer should have helped them out or gone easy on Tara. I like them but they are CRAZY! They both said they wanted to finish with the Matt & Redmond and Team Fun since they were the least drama making teams. The only problem with Tara & Joey not causing trouble is them being very hypocritical about everyone else and the race itself. That said, I still like them.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

You have to see their confessional from last night after coming in 3rd. They are both saying that the gamer should have helped them out or gone easy on Tara. I like them but they are CRAZY! They both said they wanted to finish with the Matt & Redmond and Team Fun since they were the least drama making teams. The only problem with Tara & Joey not causing trouble is them being very hypocritical about everyone else and the race itself. That said, I still like them.

Haha...so Team Lolo is so innocuous that even Tara and Joey don't even know they are racing?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess they missed a key word in the show's title...?  RACE.  Wanting the gamer to 'help them' or "go easy on Tara" is not racing in my book.  In fact I think her gamer was actually TRYING not to win- the few shots I saw of him.. he kept saying "I'm sorry" and looks amazed he was beating her even in the later rounds.  Matt & Redmond- least drama?  Hmm They had their own sort of drama with all the "intimidating" and snarky comments early in the race... good grief.  This team is meh to me these days.

• Love 2

They both said they wanted to finish with the Matt & Redmond and Team Fun since they were the least drama making teams.

Then why did they U-turn Team Fun?

• Love 1

While Joey has been a little obnoxious lately I still want him and Tara to win. If not them, I would like Team LoLo. I'm curious to see how Joey spins come of his comments. He seems like such a nice guy and he has great hair. What's not to like.

• Love 1

They killed this final leg, I thought, though not to the same extent that Brooke & Scott did.  Joey was an ace at the racetrack by changing the tires quickly, but Tara slowed them down by not completing her lap quickly enough.  They only seemed to have trouble with one of the landmarks in the riddle, but otherwise seemed to get theirs done quickly enough.  They might've gotten lost between the hotdog task and Wrigley Field, but once they were there, Tara did a good job remembering their placements and getting Joey to fill them in.

After that, I'd say second place was earned.  But without those stumbles, they might've won, and this season might've had a much better outcome.