Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: The Day In The Life

WendyCR72

One more week to go!

In the series' penultimate episode, each leading character's final story begins to unfold. Brennan testifies for Zach in trial, Angela reveals some big news, while Aubrey and Jessica come to terms about their future together. All the while, the team discovers Kovac has escaped, leaving Booth in a race against the clock to protect himself and those closest to him from what may be Kovac's most dangerous plan yet.

Best episode of the last season, if not more.  I was actually interested start to finish. They certainly are wrapping things up. 

Thank you TPTB for not making me suffer through Camastoo's ceremony.  Least favorite couple ever...well, except Booth and Hannah, ha.

• Love 3

I haven't watched this series for several years.  I gave up on it when that Pelant guy just kept coming back over and over again, in such fantastical ways. Stumbled across it today while channel surfing.  What the hell happened to Eric Millegan?  He looks like a weird combination of a baby and an old guy.  Also, is Emily Deschanel pregnant again.  She looks puffy.  And when did Hodgins get paralyzed?  I don't really know whats going on here.  Anyway, the  guy who plays Aristoo is still really hot, so I guess there is that.

Edited by muffkins
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Best episode of the last season, if not more.  I was actually interested start to finish. They certainly are wrapping things up. . . .

I agree. I just hope the big blow up at the end doesn't mean they're going for a Lostian ending.

I was a little confused by the time jumps. By FF through the commercials and missing just a bit where they had the character's name up in block print, I think I missed that they were starting over from each character's point of view. I thought the courtroom scene was especially confusing. I wasn't sure when that was taking place. And why were there so few people there? Can a life sentence be reversed that quickly?

I thought they did a pretty good job of making the wedding celebration look like there were really a lot of people there. And this was the first time I believed in Cam and Aristoo as a couple. There was meaningful eye contact, they seemed to love each other.

Oh dear, another bomb tick down.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Beezella said:

I was a little confused by the time jumps. . . .

3 hours ago, Willowsmom said:

The wedding happens one day and everything else happens the next day. The hearing was at the same time the body was found.

I found it confusing too. I guess it was supposed to add to the suspense?

Up until someone said "James Aubry", I'm not sure I knew what his first name was! At least we had "children sighting"--Christine & Hank and Michael Vincent in the background, I think (at least he was mentioned). Since when was there a test to determine if the Angela-Jack baby would be blind? Didn't they have to wait until M-V was born before they knew for sure? But here, they are waiting for word from the doctor for the test results.

I was also confused by the time jumps initially, but after the second jump (so third POV) I got the hang of it. I was mostly just confused for the second POV, whoever's that was.

I did think it was a pretty good episode though, and the bomb suspense was used effectively at the end. There were certain things that were obviously hints though (Cam's stuff being moved to her car, her purse being left behind, etc). I could have done without Aubrey's relationship drama, though.

• Love 2

Aubrey's breakup  was so low key, I'm not sure I'd call it drama. But he's one of my favorites, and I kind of hated her, so I'm glad he'll start fresh (presumably, don't think he was one of the locked in ones).

I loved the POV shifts myself. It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on, but then I was into it.

I was never much of a Zach fan - so I forget - did he always have that flat affect?

I didn't recognize Daisy at first, I think it was that her hair was down.

I've always been okay with the Arastoo and Cam relationship, but I agree that they seemed more in tune in the wedding scenes than we've seen before.

• Love 1

I think we found out MV wouldn't be blind before he was born. Something about the lights being out and they were making xrays with potatoes when the dr called with results? Or I could be dreaming that.

I liked the time shifts...made it interesting.  Though I wonder if Cam and Bones were thinking of the same person when they said the choice for new boss was obvious.

• Love 1

I thought the lights out, making x-rays, etc. thing was just to figure out if Angela/Jack was a carrier. I think they knew that one of them was, it was a question of the other.  I just remember Angela asking right after she had given birth "How are his eyes?" and the doctor checking them. 

The girl who plays Christine is named Sunny Pelant and now I'm trying to figure out if it was a coincidence?  Because wasn't Pelant a character before Christine was born?

Pej Vahdat is WAY hot, that is very true.

I didn't see Dr. Fisher or Finn or that annoying guy or the Cuban guy.  I guess only first gen interns were invited to the wedding. And Jessica, but she was a plus one.

Emily's hair looked the best it has in a long time at the wedding.  I just wish her everyday clothing wear was something other than a blazer, tight pants and boots.

Please don't have the explosion miraculously make Hodgins walk again.

• Love 3

Guess I'm a bit dense on this one, but who were Brennan and Cam suggesting as the new lab administrator if Cam decides to step aside?  Hodgins?

Mojoween, I don't think anyone has previously mentioned the real name of the actress who plays Christine.  Wow, what a coincidence, or maybe it's a little nugget that the writers and producers have been waiting for sharp eyed fans to find.    

52 minutes ago, laredhead said:

Guess I'm a bit dense on this one, but who were Brennan and Cam suggesting as the new lab administrator if Cam decides to step aside?  Hodgins?

Mojoween, I don't think anyone has previously mentioned the real name of the actress who plays Christine.  Wow, what a coincidence, or maybe it's a little nugget that the writers and producers have been waiting for sharp eyed fans to find.    

I thought Brennan. But that idea really sucks.

Did anyone see Angela in the previews?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Please don't have the explosion miraculously make Hodgins walk again.

Don't you know how T.V. magic works?  If somebody has a concussion, or they happen to forget all of a sudden, one smack on the back of their head will fix it all, LOL!!!

In all seriousness, I hope they don't have Hodgins miraculously walk again.

As for whom will be the new lab administrator:  Maybe Dr. Daniel Goodman?  He was suppose to be on a sabbatical.  I'd be shocked if his character suddenly reappeared.  He was never mentioned again after the first season.

The Pelant family must be related to someone in the writers room or something because the name seems to be a favorite. 

The Colonel who talked to Booth in the episode "Beginning of the End" was named Dan Pelant, then of course there was the killer Christopher Pelant.

I wonder if Sunnie is the daughter/niece/something of an actual Pelant family who are friends of the show.  

I wondered if perhaps Cam was thinking of Angela. She's pretty good at managing all the personalities.

Also I wondered if perhaps Jessica is the villain. It just seemed a little weird the way she approached Aubrey (who I adore) at the office in the middle of a case to tell him they were through.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I thought Brennan thought it was Brennan, but that Cam had someone else in mind.

So did I, until Cam told Brennan to 'think about it'. That made me think that Cam thought Brennan should be the new director, and Brennan was thinking of someone different.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, secnarf said:

So did I, until Cam told Brennan to 'think about it'. That made me think that Cam thought Brennan should be the new director, and Brennan was thinking of someone different.

Funny, that's what made me think Brennan thought it was her. I took Cam's "think about it" to mean that she knew Brennan was thinking of herself, and was urging her to consider someone else. Guess we'll find out next week.

• Love 1

Is anyone buying into the Bones is going to die thing? I've felt like it has to be Booth that dies up until this episode where they really put the shade on Bones. But maybe they're trying to give us a pump fake before actually killing off Booth.

I don't think ANYONE on the team would make a good administrator for the Jeffersonian. No way would/could Bones do it. I could see Edison taking over, or them throwing the viewers a bone (heh) and bringing back Dr. Goodman for a surprise appearance in the finale.

• Love 1

My husband is watching "Expanse" and it made me realize that Hart didn't pony up a few bucks to get the actors who play Arastoo's parents at the wedding.

Cam's daughter and sister were there, why not his parents?  And I'll just fanwank that Cam's parents were with the randos in the background since they've never been on camera before.

• Love 2

To be totally catty, could the wardrobe people have come up with any more boring/frumpy outfits than what Brennan and Angela were wearing at the wedding?  Brennan used to have a fun, funky style, and Angela has always dressed with style and sex appeal.  Nothing was great about any of the female interns' outfits, but Brennan and Angela were standouts in the dull category.

That said, I am interested in how the writers are going to come with a plausible explanation as to how any of the final 4 characters survive multiple explosions.  Unfortunately, more interested in that than who actually will survive.  I'd be ok if they all died and the kids were left to Miss Caroline. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

Oh I totally agree. I don't think anyone will die.  That's not Bones. 

Try telling that to Vincent Nigel Murray.

Or Sweets.

Or Max.

Or Jared Booth.

I'm not certain someone is going to die, but it would totally fit with the show.

Also, it occurs to me that if Caroline is indeed the linchpin of the group, that her death would be the perfect way to let them all move on to the next stage of their lives. 

I'd be more upset at Caroline dying than Bones or Booth.

• Love 6

OMG don't even say that!  There was one time Caroline was driving her death trap of a car with Booth in the passenger seat and the camera kept looking out her driver's window, and most directors set up that shot when there is going to be a car accident.  I was on pins and needles petrified they were going to kill Caroline and I would have been FURIOUS.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

No, not for the finale.  There's no story to move at this point.  

Even if someone does die, I feel 100000% sure it won't be B or B.  How's that?

I accept your feelings, and anxiously await the conclusion!

• Love 1

I thought it pretty obvious that Angela died in the explosions. She's the only one of the four caught in the blasts that didn't appear in the preview, and all episode she kept saying things like "I spent so many years searching, but I finally realized I love my life just as it is." and "Oh Brennan, we've had some great times together. And we will be best friends until the end." The only thing missing was her being one day away from retirement.

Also, the possible blindness of a new baby is a really odd plot thread to introduce in the penultimate episode unless they're planning on resolving it in the finale. So Angela and the baby survive and there's a time jump at the end or Angela and/or the baby die.

Edited to add after watching the finale:

Spoiler

So happy to have been wrong about this! They didn't bring up the baby's possible disability again, but I'm okay with calling that thread tied up by Angela saying it would be okay either way. 

Edited by ddawn23
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

I think killing off Angela + baby would be way too much for the penultimate episode. I could maybe see them losing the baby.

As tonight is the finale, I doubt ANYONE of importance (i.e. main cast) dies. Unrealistic? Sure. But unless this show wants to taint its whole time on TV as HIMYM seemed to - and still seems to garner outrage today - I doubt Bones would end on such a downer note. But then, the similar Castle screwed the pooch, too, so who knows?

Is it terrible to say that I don't really care if someone dies? As long as it's decently written and acted, I'll be okay with it. I like the characters, but frankly they killed off my favorite one ages ago, so <shrugs shoulders> I'm good with whatever happens.

You guys I am not ready to say good-bye.  So much has happened in my life in the last twelve years!

I like how the two couples with the longest tenure were the ones left in the lab at the time of the explosion.

• Love 2

Boy did I see a different show.  I thought the acting (or perhaps directing) was amateurish - way over the top with the angst.  Maybe it was just subpar writing.