Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Frog-Bikini-Eiffel Tower

Drogo

An unanticipated trip home puts Ezra at a crossroads about his future. Maddie and Patrick’s get-away is equal parts romance and deception. Jules comes face-to-face with her past.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Man, is Maddie ever going to be upset when she finds out the man she loves is FBI. I don't know why, but I feel sorry for her. She's naive to think she would ever be able to run away.

• Love 2

I'm not sure about Patrick. Last night when she asked him to run away with her, I really think he was torn. I go back and forth with Maddie. I do feel bad for her but then I think about how devastated the exes were by her. But that's one of the things I love about the show.  

• Love 6

No, I'm not getting a 'torn' vibe from Patrick at all.  He may be married in real life, for all we know.

Maddie?  I hope that she gets what she deserves.

What I do not understand is how the Scooby Gang is in any danger of criminal charges.  They were VICTIMS - well, not including their own cons.  But I would think that would be difficult to prove.

• Love 6

So, was "Saffron" meeting Patrick @ the coffee shop a fluke or was it a FBI set-up?  As I recall she sat next to him when he was already there.  

Previews show a lot of stuff going on in the final three episodes.  I can't figure out yet how they're going to continue the series now that covers are blown.  If it's renewed, it should be interesting.

BTW, Ezra, the human is getting on my nerves.  He leaves without a word to anybody?!  What adult does that to family?  But this is teevee - LOL!

• Love 3

When Ezra and Ezra and what's her name were out walking, her ride arrives, and the car is in the pouring rain. There is no rain on the walkers. Weird!

And Patrick and Saffron walking in the woods, where did they fly to in the private jet? Did they ever say?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

So, was "Saffron" meeting Patrick @ the coffee shop a fluke or was it a FBI set-up?  As I recall she sat next to him when he was already there.  

Previews show a lot of stuff going on in the final three episodes.  I can't figure out yet how they're going to continue the series now that covers are blown.  If it's renewed, it should be interesting.

BTW, Ezra, the human is getting on my nerves.  He leaves without a word to anybody?!  What adult does that to family?  But this is teevee - LOL!

I think that it was set up.  People tend to frequent the same coffee shop.  If she was fetching coffee for Heller, he might know that too.  I can't remember if she was getting her own coffee or Heller's.

Either way, Patrick was bait. Handsome, quality clothes, etc. 

• Love 3

I am glad to hear the back stories/secrets of Jules and Richard.  She's a thief and he threw a game, so we know they weren't as "innocent" as they claimed when Ezra mentioned the blackmail plot.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about both of their skeletons.

Is there something significant that the shameful/criminal secrets Jules and Richard have are things they each did first hand, while Ezra's folder was more "sins of the father" dirt?  Ezra himself didn't do anything shady/illegal.

The whole side plot of co-worker with a crush naming the dog "Ezra" and no one ( her boss, Ezra's brother??) thinking it was odd annoyed me. 

I'm puzzled why the "Scooby Gang" (TM mochmajesty) panicked about their role in investigating the cons who stole from them. Yes they stole some relatively small amounts of money to finance their trip to Seattle, but that's pennies compared to what the Doctor & Co. have stolen.  Not to mention, the amount of cash the Federal Burrow is tossing out Patrick's mansion &  private jet windows.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

No, I'm not getting a 'torn' vibe from Patrick at all.  He may be married in real life, for all we know.

Wow!! You're right but I never thought about that! I hope they don't leave us hanging until next season.  Or even worse, cancel it!

3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

It had to be a set up.  Even with the "unbelievability" of TV, the coincidence factor is just too much.  I would think they were watching her and saw her go in there before or it's very close to the bank so they just made some assumptions.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

When Ezra and Ezra and what's her name were out walking, her ride arrives, and the car is in the pouring rain. There is no rain on the walkers. Weird!

I noticed this too- why weren't they getting wet?

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I am glad to hear the back stories/secrets of Jules and Richard.  She's a thief and he threw a game, so we know they weren't as "innocent" as they claimed when Ezra mentioned the blackmail plot.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about both of their skeletons.

Did we actually learn anything about what or from whom she stole?  Did I miss something?  I thought it was just a passing reference.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Did we actually learn anything about what or from whom she stole?  Did I miss something?  I thought it was just a passing reference.

What I gathered was that she was the roommate of the sister of one of the guys at the country club, and she stole from her.

• Love 2

So did anyone think it was odd when max called the Doctor a few weeks ago and announced himself as Dr Steppenwolf? I thought, "weird, why is he calling himself a doctor too?" Made me think he's way more buried than we know. Then when he turned sally into Lenny, I thought "ok this is even weirder." What if Max is more doctor than just some Joe working for the doctor. 

So, I think the 3 exes need to go into the "burrow" (so funny when the blonde was sayng how people need to be able to pronounce their jobs) right away and spill target than sneaking around trying to figure out their next move. 

Patrick needs to fix it up with saffron quick if he's going to get his medals. 

The whole side plot of co-worker with a crush naming the dog "Ezra" and no one ( her boss, Ezra's brother??) thinking it was odd annoyed me. 

This cracked me up.  I was engaged to a guy and we discussed baby names then I broke it off.  It wasn't right for either of us. Then he named his new girlfriend's dog our baby name.  It still makes me laugh.  So obvious. 

Edited by hatchetgirl
So many names to keep right!
  • Love 2

When the trio told Max they wanted their money back in exchange for not ratting the enterprise out, they were essentially acknowledging the larger scam, that it is illegal and that they are now participating, even if it is in a limited way. The FBI, as those lawyers indicated, could, if they wanted, treat the trio's behavior as criminal (maybe aiding and abetting?? maybe blackmail?) since they have come face to face with FBI staff and reported nothing. Maybe the FBI will just threaten the trio to get maximum information about Maddy and Max, but in any case, every day none of the trio comes clean, they get dirtier!

• Love 2

I don't understand Bravo's logic. Why do I have to pay to watch Imposters On Demand. This show would generate great 'water-cooler' talk if it was accessible beyond it's air date. Bravo runs Real Housewives of Atlanta on a loop, why not allocate an hour or two to introduce a new series. I'm sure there is a reason, I'm just mad because I missed last night's episode.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, druzy said:

I don't understand Bravo's logic. Why do I have to pay to watch Imposters On Demand. This show would generate great 'water-cooler' talk if it was accessible beyond it's air date. Bravo runs Real Housewives of Atlanta on a loop, why not allocate an hour or two to introduce a new series. I'm sure there is a reason, I'm just mad because I missed last night's episode.  

Give it a day or two.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I have no idea where this is going but looking forward to finding out! I can't remember when I have enjoyed a show so much!

Right? This to me is a perfect little show. Ten episodes are perfect to tell the story and keep the plot moving along. No dead air. The entire cast is perfect. The understated, throwaway comedy is perfect. Burrow is my new perfect joke.

Richard's secret code of Frog Bikini Eiffel for FBI made me guffaw for real.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 5
On 3/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, SuzieQ said:

I would hope he isn't married since he is sleeping with Maddie....then again I don't know how far FBI goes to close in on someone....and this is TV so you have to suspend reality somewhat.  

I'm really enjoying this show.  It's doesn't take itself too seriously and the dialogue is good.  Clever but real....sometimes dialogue gets to " writers trying to be witty and clever" and it comes off as contrived.  This doesn't.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

I'm really enjoying this show.  It's doesn't take itself too seriously and the dialogue is good.  Clever but real....sometimes dialogue gets to " writers trying to be witty and clever" and it comes off as contrived.  This doesn't.

So true. I find this especially true with a lot of network sitcoms that just struggle to fit in witty phrases to get a (canned) laugh.

That blonde woman naming her dog Ezra made me cringe.  lol  Run, Ezra...that is a little weird behavior.  Of course, he did choose a con woman so his judgement is flawed.  I really am enjoying this show! 

Question though:  why did the FBI senior lady (the over protective relative) start putting real pressure on Patrick to get the job done?  She received a phone call but I guess she is just getting pressure from above? 

Also, the FBI would think that the trio or at least Ezra and Jules were involved somehow since they showed up at the birthday party and announced they were Saffron's brother and his girlfriend.

• Love 1

That episode was weaker than the rest of the episodes so far to me. I don't really care about their back stories and like a lot of you I thought the blonde girl is kind of creepy. Not sure if we're supposed to be invested in her as a love interest but I'm definitely not.

I think this show will get a second season and that they'll all end up as "Imposters". Maybe they'll set up their own agency or something.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2017 at 5:48 AM, Evagirl said:

If this show is not renewed, yet we've been subjected to several seasons of "Girlfriend's Guide to Ridiculous Characters and Plot Lines Divorce," I will be very annoyed. (That the same person--Paul Adelstein--is somehow responsible for both still surprises me, even though I know that, for many reasonable reasons, it really shouldn't.) 

I'm still *pleasantly* surprised by how much I enjoy this show and want to recommend it to others. It's genuinely interesting! This particular episode was a bit of a lull, but I figure it's a bit of a calm (after and) before the storm.

i hope Patrick isn't really "into" Maddie, but even if he's FBI I can see him feeling compassion for someone who wants to escape all the deception and start over.

• Love 4

I'm not getting a 'torn' vibe from Patrick at all.  He may be married in real life, for all we know.

Patrick's pinging my gaydar a little in the burrow office scenes.

Now considering theories for who the Doctor is. It would be great if he's someone we've met and a legit but exciting twist. Not sure that's even a possibility. I guess we can safely say it's a man because of the Steppenwolf conversation. 

I'd be interested in some flashbacks on how Maddie got involved at some point.

Edited by rejnel
  • Love 2

I feel like there is much more involved then Jules just being a thief. The reaction of the guy at the club and Jules herself seemed visceral.

Agreed! And I'd have to watch it again, but I felt like there was a suggestion she'd stolen his sister's work or something? Like a plagiarism or forgery or something. It went by super fast, but I got a whiff of that. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:26 PM, rejnel said:

Agreed! And I'd have to watch it again, but I felt like there was a suggestion she'd stolen his sister's work or something? Like a plagiarism or forgery or something. It went by super fast, but I got a whiff of that. 

This is what I thought too, stolen her art work/ideas maybe?

• Love 1

I call shenanigans on the FBI not knowing about the doctors most recent victims. If they are after the doctor and aware of Max and Maddie, you would think they would be aware of their recent cons and would know that Ezra et al were former marks.

• Love 1