Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Hong Kong Fireworks

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think I would like to find out more about Dorit and her career in fashion.  I checked out her Instagram awhile back and she is very fashion savvy and seems to do it all on her own.  I do think there is more to her than being Boy George's house mom.  I would have to think about what I would want to know about Erika's past. . . there might be something appealing.  I have been to Atlanta and I have been served drinks by a cocktail waitress so we would have that as a common thread. 

I do think Dorit has great fashion sense.  One of the things I find interesting about Erika is her upbringing vs her life now and what that was like.  I don't think she was dirt poor growing up but her life now is very different and I am interested in how it may have changed her.  I can't imagine going from being on a normal budget to having her disposable income.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The way Lola just seems to ignore her makes me think Rinna isn't that involved in Lola's day to day.  She probably isn't the one that feeds Lola.  Dogs tend to pay more attention to their food source.  She also just doesn't seem that natural with Lola, but maybe that's just because everything feels forced with Rinna.  But it stuck out to me that she kept telling Lola to "sit down" last week and if your dog has minimal standard training sit and down are usually 2 different commands and you know not to combine them and confuse the dog.  Sit down is usually a command someone that doesn't have a dog tries.

The dog also might be distracted because there is an outside someone or two (cameraman and producer) in her house with her mistress. She may have been on a mild guard facing away from Lisa and  toward the other person. My dogs would usually sit between me and other people. If there were kids around they would sit between the adults and the kids.

12 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

See, I always thought Dorit looked pulled together and pretty, as if she's got a classy fashion sense. I've not been a supporter of hers, but I honestly never thought she didn't look nice. Kind of understated without needing to be followed around by a human centipede bearing powder and hair extensions to keep her looking decent. She's got a great bod too.

That's Erica's and her snatch squad except they are sewn rear to rear into a ring feasting on each other's BS.

I was told never to see the movie, and I haven't, but I asked and was told the reason behind the title. Nope, not my cup of tea!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

I would rather banter with Dorit than listen to Erika talk about how fabulous she is. 

Dorit and her family >>>>> Erika's gayboys giving her a tongue bath and applying spackle

• Love 10
Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Perfect example. Some people are concerned with raising the children that they brought into this world, some are concerned with hooking up with Gollum.

IT'S EXPENSIVE TO BE MAY-AY-AY-AAAAY.

Also, some of the comments on EJ's Insta. Stahhhp. The "C***y" thing. I have NOTHING against that word. It's the same as any other curse word, but I guess I wouldn't pride myself on identifying as the personification of a curse word? Just a thought.

I noticed a few comments about her having guns. 

• Love 1

Some people are concerned with raising the children that they brought into this world, some are concerned with hooking up with Gollum.

Or people feel like sharing different aspects of their lives via social media.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Hmmmm.  So those of us who do recall Dorit implying something in her telling of the bag story (there are dozens of us--dozens!) are all liars too?  Is it possible Erika exaggerated the story? Of course. But I think calling Erika a lying bitchy sniper seems a bit excessive. 

Yup, if they are saying that Dorit said Rinna is addicted to pills.  She never said that.  And please, these ho-wives have been called much worse.  My take on Erika being a lying bitchy sniper stands...even though those weren't my exact words.

Edited by Sai
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I feel good if I actually wear jeans instead of just changing from night time pajamas to day time pajamas.

LOL!  Or going to the grocery in the pajamas you slept in because all of your pjs can be outside clothes! 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

LOL!  Or going to the grocery in the pajamas you slept in because all of your pjs can be outside clothes! 

Jeggings are your friend

8 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

The Glam Human Centipede?

A PussAssAPede?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

It seems like the recapper thinks Ericka is having a bad week, more than anything. And the bulk of her vitriol is aimed at Rinna.

Well she said the same thing last week about Erika.  I guess what I am reading, and I posted the recap from last week on this thread, is that between Erika and the scenes with her mother and the fight with Dorit her fan girl is becoming more and more disillusioned.  Every week this author had vitriol towards Rinna.  Well deserved and she wants Kim back. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Erika has two personalities so I think the accent stuff is pretty tame.  I would rather banter with Dorit than listen to Erika talk about how fabulous she is. 

Me too.  Erika wears on one very quickly.

• Love 10

I suppose, I just don't see a few comments here and there as a sign of being disillusioned. Then again, I'm not usually that quick to turn on someone.

And while I get everyone has their HWs that they like...Kim needs to not come back, ever. Let her go focus on her life and the new addition to her family, and leave all of this drama behind her.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Former Nun said:

Me too.  Erika wears on one very quickly.

I also didn't like how Erika was giving Rinna "a pass" on her Kim sobriety commentary! She knew LR was lying, even giving her the "side eye," but after confession to the group pretty much let her off the hook! I would raise holy HELL with any bestie of mines to do such a thing! It was so treacherous IMO! ;-(

• Love 9

There is a blogger named Therese Odell. She used to post on Houston Chronicles and now she is over on the Foolish Watcher. She doesn't post about the RH ladies as often as she used to but she is really funny. Her last blog about it is from March 2nd

Anyhoo grabbed this pic from her site

erika-jayne-prayer-rhobh.gif

Erika's hair - isn't this the same hair look as when she will be saying "you don't know what I go through every night"

• Love 3
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think I would like to find out more about Dorit and her career in fashion.  I checked out her Instagram awhile back and she is very fashion savvy and seems to do it all on her own.  I do think there is more to her than being Boy George's house mom.  I would have to think about what I would want to know about Erika's past. . . there might be something appealing.  I have been to Atlanta and I have been served drinks by a cocktail waitress so we would have that as a common thread. 

I would too.  I'd be more interested in knowing about Dorit's life before housewives than watching  tedious twat tapping and spackle sessions every frickin episode. 

Dorit's got a bachelor's degree, traveled the world working  and had her own business while another abandoned her son to sling drinks while fishing for a whale dreaming of the day she could slap her snatch and say important things. 

This is Dorit's bio on Bravo.

At 19, Dorit Kemsley left her hometown of Woodbridge, Connecticut to fulfill her childhood dream of traveling the world. She ended up in Italy, where she put her Bachelor’s degree in marketing, design and communication to use working at a global swimwear company for 10 years. Dorit decided to move to New York to start her own business in the fashion industry, Dorit, specializing in Italian resort and swimwear. While living in the Big Apple, she met her husband, Paul “PK” Kemsley, at a restaurant. After falling in love, they moved to Los Angeles in May 2015 and today share two young children, son Jagger and daughter Phoenix. There is never a dull moment in their 10,000 square foot home that is filled with staff, children and the company of PK’s live-in client and music icon, who also happens to be Phoenix’s godfather, Boy George. A dedicated full-time mom at 40, this business savvy fashionista -– who happens to be fluent in four languages –- also works alongside her husband in overseeing all aspects of their management agency Nixxi Entertainment. Dorit expertly juggles her home life with sensitive business dealings, even managing to co-host glamorous events with PK. Outside of this, she is an active philanthropist dedicated to preventing children’s injuries by supporting Safe Kids. 

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Wow Erica has really changed over the past 4-5 years.  The first pic was 2012 - the second was 2016.

1575059-ErikaJayne1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Was Next Level!!! Mikey with her back in 2012?

The second look is a mish mash of Gwen Stephanie during her Harajuku days and Britney Spears Baby One More Time.

4 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I couldn't pay attention to anything after EJ walked down those hotel steps in the outfit that looked like it was made out of the carpet on those very steps. I was blind after that.

LOL

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I would too.  I'd be more interested in knowing about Dorit's life before housewives than watching  tedious twat tapping and spackle sessions every frickin episode. 

Dorit's got a bachelor's degree, traveled the world working  and had her own business while another abandoned her son to sling drinks while fishing for a whale dreaming of the day she could slap her snatch and say important things. 

This is Dorit's bio on Bravo.

At 19, Dorit Kemsley left her hometown of Woodbridge, Connecticut to fulfill her childhood dream of traveling the world. She ended up in Italy, where she put her Bachelor’s degree in marketing, design and communication to use working at a global swimwear company for 10 years. Dorit decided to move to New York to start her own business in the fashion industry, Dorit, specializing in Italian resort and swimwear. While living in the Big Apple, she met her husband, Paul “PK” Kemsley, at a restaurant. After falling in love, they moved to Los Angeles in May 2015 and today share two young children, son Jagger and daughter Phoenix. There is never a dull moment in their 10,000 square foot home that is filled with staff, children and the company of PK’s live-in client and music icon, who also happens to be Phoenix’s godfather, Boy George. A dedicated full-time mom at 40, this business savvy fashionista -– who happens to be fluent in four languages –- also works alongside her husband in overseeing all aspects of their management agency Nixxi Entertainment. Dorit expertly juggles her home life with sensitive business dealings, even managing to co-host glamorous events with PK. Outside of this, she is an active philanthropist dedicated to preventing children’s injuries by supporting Safe Kids. 

Very interesting.  I could tell she was smart.  When the other women try to go at her she always keeps her head together and has great responses.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Giselle said:

I agree with your post but I also feel that there can be passive aggressiveness on both sides. Just like a snarkish slight pointing out guardedness, one's reserve can be used to the point of rudeness.

I have a few very good friends, more that are regular friends and many who I consider friendly acquaintances both out going and reserved. Now what I say next is not aimed directly at you Otherkate but in general...When offers of honest friendship or social interaction are met with repeated reserve, sorry too bad, I'm not going to jump through hoops nor run an obstacle course to gain your trust on your terms and be deemed worthy. Don't be surprised that when you've decided I've passed your tests, that I'm now reserved toward you wondering "Why now?" and I may ask you questions and might wish you well but walk away.

Xs and Os Otherkate!

Lord no, an obstacle course and jumping through hoops is the direct opposite of what I personally would want. It would mortify me! It's kind of the point. Let's not make a big deal out of it one way or another and just see what happens. Being reserved doesn't have to mean being rude. I haven't thought Erika was rude to Dorit (until last night's boat exchange, which was certainly ugly imo) I thought she chatted with her, complimented her, and yes sat next to her. It's embarrassing to have someone continue to draw attention to how quiet and/or reserved you are. You already know you're weird.

I realize I'm also weird for the look book thing. You guys don't even want to see the things I organize like a freak. But, I love fashion and playing with fashion, so that's definitely part of it. It's fun for me.

I do think Dorit always looks really put together and lovely. She has a specific style and she pulls it off. I adored the shorter hair and wish she would do it more often, but appreciate that she's always doing something interesting with the longer hair too. Fun!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The way Lola just seems to ignore her makes me think Rinna isn't that involved in Lola's day to day.  She probably isn't the one that feeds Lola.  Dogs tend to pay more attention to their food source.  She also just doesn't seem that natural with Lola, but maybe that's just because everything feels forced with Rinna.  But it stuck out to me that she kept telling Lola to "sit down" last week and if your dog has minimal standard training sit and down are usually 2 different commands and you know not to combine them and confuse the dog.  Sit down is usually a command someone that doesn't have a dog tries.

Not to defend Rinna because you know.  She's Rinna.  But, my cocker spaniel basically gives me the finger and walks away when I ask him to do anything and he's with me 24/7.  Maybe it's just Lola's personality, but then again, Rinna and her daughter were on WWHL and her daughter pretty much acted the same way toward Lisa.  So, it probably is Rinna's fault.  Never mind.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not to defend Rinna because you know.  She's Rinna.  But, my cocker spaniel basically gives me the finger and walks away when I ask him to do anything and he's with me 24/7.  Maybe it's just Lola's personality, but then again, Rinna and her daughter were on WWHL and her daughter pretty much acted the same way toward Lisa.  So, it probably is Rinna's fault.  Never mind.

You know it could just be your dog’s alter ego, Cocker Spaynelle acting out. Cocker Spaynelle wants to always appear to be ON and doesn’t give any doggie fucks.

Especially with Creative Director Spikey Minton in the background barking RUFF RUFF RUFF (which means Next Level, Yes Bitch!!!!)

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Does anyone else think the top picture of Erika is photoshopped and filtered, about half to death?  I have heard of translucent skin but this takes it to another level. 

MAJOR photoshop. In the second picture, she looks like a drag queen. There's NOTHING attractive about her. The ponytails and outfit look RIDICULOUS. Her thighs are huge . She looks like a drag queen.

Edited by lololol
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Hmmmm.  So those of us who do recall Dorit implying something in her telling of the bag story (there are dozens of us--dozens!) are all liars too?  Is it possible Erika exaggerated the story? Of course. But I think calling Erika a lying bitchy sniper seems a bit excessive. 

I'm sure there are lots of things I'd do differently if I was being filmed for a tv show 12-16 hours a day.  Like I wouldn't be sitting here in a fleece covered in cat/dog hair, yoga pants, and my hair in a bun.

Ha. Too funny.  Although I think her look goes well beyond a "smoky" eye.  That shit was a 3-alarm blaze!

Sigh.  And this is why one of the best sitcoms ever got cancelled after 3 seasons.  Nobody watched it!  But seriously, if you have Hulu, do give it a watch.  It's fucking hilarious. 

I'll judge Rinna for MANY things - the list is long - but I won't do that unless I had hard proof.  Maybe because I am the owner of a dog with severe arthritis in her hind legs. I takes her to physical therapy once a week, get her laser treatments 2x a month, and give her daily massages. Yet my dog STILL walks stiffly and awkwardly at times.  I'm sure it would be easy for somebody who sees her walking to just assume I'm too selfish or oblivious to notice my dog having a problem.  But it's far from the case.  Could be the same with Lola.

Take out the physical therapy and add acupuncture and that was the last 2 years if Oso's life.  We had a bitch neighbor who would always hollar out when we walked by "When are you going to put that dog down".  

I disliked her.  Intensely.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Does anyone else think the top picture of Erika is photoshopped and filtered, about half to death?  I have heard of translucent skin but this takes it to another level. 

Absolutlely!  If you look at the top photo, Erika's arms are completely photoshopped/shaved so that they don't even look natural.  Plus, lots of blending and contouring on the face.  This top photo looks as if they were trying to create a CGI image - not an actual photo.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh yeah! Big time!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Seeing Ericka’s first night in Hong Kong look is like Cloud Watching

14-rhobh.w710.h473.jpg

Now I’m seeing that she scalped E.T. and glued him to the top of her head

DED at ET! Omg! ??

8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Take out the physical therapy and add acupuncture and that was the last 2 years if Oso's life.  We had a bitch neighbor who would always hollar out when we walked by "When are you going to put that dog down".  

I disliked her.  Intensely.

WTF is wrong with people?? Your neighbor is an asshole!! ??

• Love 9

I think Dorit is a people person, she likes to make people happy so she's hurt by Ericka's coldness and it makes her feel bad. Lisa laughing about her outfits with her dog was really stupid and fake. Super annoying. Cute dog though. Ken is super happy with his dog herd, he couldn't wait to go play with them with Lisa V gone. Ken is just adorable. Who can disparage a man who is comfortable with a herd of glamour dogs? He's just a doll.

I think Dorit was trying to start something with Lisa R's pills, but no one took the bait. She made it seem like a funny thing, but she was hoping someone would say something incriminating. She tried several times. Each time, no one said anything. So now she looks like an asshole. This is my summation from the episode regarding social politics. 

Dorit and Ericka truly dislike each other.

Ericka doesn't like anyone except Kyle a little and Eilleen sort of.

Lisa V does not really like anyone except Kyle. She despises LIsa R.

Dorit thinks Lisa R is nuts and desperately wants someone to agree with her.

No one likes Eden.

Eilleen like Lisa R and Ericka

Everyone is on the show for the sole purpose of chasing fame.

I completely can not relate to Ericka. With all the money in the world, the last thing I'd want to do is spend days on end picking out outfits for a trip and organizing hair and make-up for pretty much no reason at all. She's easily the most superficial of all of them, and he desire to be adored and idolized seems like a massive waste of time. Her "horrible" mother seems tons happier than she does. TIme to reevaluate me thinks. 

As far as normal, none of these ladies have a life even somewhat normal compared to mine, so I really can't relate to any of them. But I don't want to be any of them (except Pandora because her life is truly charmed and I'd love Lisa and Ken as parents). 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Absolutely!  She still looks amazing though!  

• Love 2

I'm with my dog all damn day and he could care less - I feed him, take him out, play ball.  But he hears my husband come home and it's like a god is walking through the door. 

Dorit, as "odd" as she comes across, seems to want to find common ground with people.   She likes to have a good time, has great fashion sense, and as weird as PK seems, it's clear they have a good relationship.   Erika acts like being with people, besides the glam squad, is such a bore - that nobody has anything interesting to say, and comes across as if they don't deserve to have a moment of her time.   When she was in Greece, and the boys threw her into the pool, Kyle commented that they had just spent 3 hours getting her "look" right.  Keep in mind this wasn't a "look" for her performance - just to hang out and rehearse.   How self absorbed can she get?   Anyone else notice when she's complimented, she always says "I appreciate that". . not thank you.  She even said it to Tom when he told her she looked good.   When the women came for drink after the long flight, and she shows up in that ridiculous "costume", notice how she "eyed" each one as they came, and gave a half hearted "you look nice" - all the while thinking "I'm the best". 

I get the impression that Erica's new found friendship with Kyle isn't sitting well with Eileen.   She adores Erica and would drop Rinna in a heartbeat if there was any chance she could become Erica's best friend.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, notnowimbusy said:

I'm with my dog all damn day and he could care less - I feed him, take him out, play ball.  But he hears my husband come home and it's like a god is walking through the door. 

Dorit, as "odd" as she comes across, seems to want to find common ground with people.   She likes to have a good time, has great fashion sense, and as weird as PK seems, it's clear they have a good relationship.   Erika acts like being with people, besides the glam squad, is such a bore - that nobody has anything interesting to say, and comes across as if they don't deserve to have a moment of her time.   When she was in Greece, and the boys threw her into the pool, Kyle commented that they had just spent 3 hours getting her "look" right.  Keep in mind this wasn't a "look" for her performance - just to hang out and rehearse.   How self absorbed can she get?   Anyone else notice when she's complimented, she always says "I appreciate that". . not thank you.  She even said it to Tom when he told her she looked good.   When the women came for drink after the long flight, and she shows up in that ridiculous "costume", notice how she "eyed" each one as they came, and gave a half hearted "you look nice" - all the while thinking "I'm the best". 

I get the impression that Erica's new found friendship with Kyle isn't sitting well with Eileen.   She adores Erica and would drop Rinna in a heartbeat if there was any chance she could become Erica's best friend.

Eileen's standing in Erika's friend list dropped - Erika invited her to 2 places : Greece and Georgia, and Eileen went to neither.  So the haunted heffa screwed herself.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

When Erika said to Dorit "what I say is important" it was the height of arrogance.  Exactly what has she said that's been so important? 

So when ErikaG/J says " 'I say important shit, you say too much boring shit", was that really important for her to say?

Actually I think that Dorit is a very witty person, who has a lot of quite funny one liners. Much more refreshing than dry like stale bread Erika Girardi or Erika Jayne.

Also, does Erika G/J really think that her glam squad say important shit? Would she ever make that comment to Mikey or the other two guys who are paid to say important shit like "You're faaaaaabulous"! How can anyone so impressed with Mikey be so dismissive and intolerant of Dorit? Seriously?  He just loves to hear himself talk.

I'm beginning to see why the other lawyer wives didn't particularly warm up to Erica G./J.  Let's start with her haughtiness, her condescending manner of speaking, her bragging about private airplanes and designer labels and glam squad, her parties sans food......yeah, she was right up there on top of their invitation list for sure. While everyone else is having fun , she is intent on trying to prove how xxxpensive she is. She is saying important shit, ladies. Like for instance, "Moschino"

"Cunty"

"It takes a gay village to look this good". 

I just hang on her every single important word. 

10 hours ago, Alison said:

I know Chelsea Handler takes her entire staff on an all-expenses paid vacation a couple of times a year. I assume this is what Erika is doing. I don't know what the pay rate is like as a member of a glam squad, but I assume this is her way of saying 'thank you.' I don't get why this is such a big deal...sure, Mikey is annoying as fuck, and sure, some of Erika's outfits are bizarre, but let the woman do what she wants. If I had that kind of money and that body, I'd bring my glam squad to the dentist with me.

Also, I assume that other HWs hire hair/makeup people when they're traveling; I'm skeptical of Dorit's abilities to do that bobby pin creation that was on her head last night.

I would not consider it an all expensive paid vacation if I was expected to work.

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Eileen's standing in Erika's friend list dropped - Erika invited her to 2 places : Greece and Georgia, and Eileen went to neither.  So the haunted heffa screwed herself.

Eileen is probably more responsible for things than Kyle who thinks nothing of dropping her family like a hot potato to go halfway around the world on a moment's notice! Eileen has real work acting on a SOAP and is probably more hands on with her family! We know Rinna's got help even with that little house and can also drop everything to go somewhere! I'm not happy with Eileen of late because of her "enabling" of Rinna, but I give her a pass on "leaving" Erika's Int'l travel junkets alone! ;-)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jaync said:

Dorit and her family >>>>> Erika's gayboys giving her a tongue bath and applying spackle

I really can't believe that Erika J. is amused and impressed by that gaggle of paid groupies headed up by Mikey, who is the most annoying asshole ever to hit reality TV.  First of all they have nothing of interest to add and secondly they make her look ridiculous. If I didn't dislike her so much I would pity her naivety. 

The best is they get paid for this. Amazing that she lets this happen. It's like The Emperor's New Clothes. 

• Love 10

Unpopular opinion disclaimer:  I love to watch Erika. I do not love her as a friend, but as someone to watch on reality TV.  If she weren't so narcissistic and self-promoting, some one of her wealth and privilege would never allow cameras into their life.  I loved the look books. It reminded me of a TV special about Nancy Reagan's White House closet and they had photos hanging from each outfit showing the dates she had worn them. I didn't politically like the Reagans but that closet "trick" stayed with me.  

Erika is beautiful, although I agree she had too, too, much makeup on during this trip, she looks much better with a light touch.  I enjoy that she "brings it" with the hair styles, coiffures, etc.  Even if they are outrageous, it's entertaining.  I don't view reality stars as people I want to be friends with, but as a voyeur who gets to see behind walls I would never see, as in flying on your own private plane, closets full of designer shoes and clothes.

Do I subscribe to that kind of life?  No, and I hope if I won a mega lottery I still wouldn't, not when there is so much poverty and need around the world.  One can only hope these people with significant money are donating a good percentage to philanthropy.  That is the only way I could sleep at night if I had Erika's lifestyle.  I also don't like the fact (is it a fact?) that she left her child while still young and that she proudly wears fur.   The fur wearing makes me think much less of her especially because she has an arrogance about it, like "I dare you to challenge me."  

But all in all, Erika gives me the house porn, wardrobe porn and beauty that I love seeing in reality TV.  I also love the real warmth of the moments in Kyle's life, they are a juxtaposition to Erika's superficial and cold life.    

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There is a blogger named Therese Odell. She used to post on Houston Chronicles and now she is over on the Foolish Watcher. She doesn't post about the RH ladies as often as she used to but she is really funny. Her last blog about it is from March 2nd

Anyhoo grabbed this pic from her site

erika-jayne-prayer-rhobh.gif

Erika's hair - isn't this the same hair look as when she will be saying "you don't know what I go through every night"

I don't know how to take this to the Erika board. Can someone kindly tell me how because I feel like this belongs there.

Anyhow....I'm so happy that Mikey is saying important shit, and that Erika approves. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Eileen is probably more responsible for things than Kyle who thinks nothing of dropping her family like a hot potato to go halfway around the world on a moment's notice! Eileen has real work acting on a SOAP and is probably more hands on with her family! We know Rinna's got help even with that little house and can also drop everything to go somewhere! I'm not happy with Eileen of late because of her "enabling" of Rinna, but I give her a pass on "leaving" Erika's Int'l travel junkets alone! ;-)

Wow, that is harsh,  The RH contracts read that they are to be available for filming and their other jobs are secondary.  I don't think I have ever heard anyone say Kyle drops her family like a hot potato.  It sounded to me more like production was going to pay for one person to trot over to Greece and the only likely candidate was Kyle as Eileen is so boring.  The entire episode was pretty Erika centric.  I don't think there is really a comparison as to who spends more time with their family-except Erika who ditched her kid.  Eileen has figuratively been in the bathroom most of the season.  LVP was busy filming the chucklehead wedding of Schwartz and Katie. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:
29 minutes ago, PickleDeeDee said:

Unpopular opinion disclaimer:  I love to watch Erika. I do not love her as a friend, but as someone to watch on reality TV.  If she weren't so narcissistic and self-promoting, some one of her wealth and privilege would never allow cameras into their life.  I loved the look books. It reminded me of a TV special about Nancy Reagan's White House closet and they had photos hanging from each outfit showing the dates she had worn them. I didn't politically like the Reagans but that closet "trick" stayed with me.  

Erika is beautiful, although I agree she had too, too, much makeup on during this trip, she looks much better with a light touch.  I enjoy that she "brings it" with the hair styles, coiffures, etc.  Even if they are outrageous, it's entertaining.  I don't view reality stars as people I want to be friends with, but as a voyeur who gets to see behind walls I would never see, as in flying on your own private plane, closets full of designer shoes and clothes.

Do I subscribe to that kind of life?  No, and I hope if I won a mega lottery I still wouldn't, not when there is so much poverty and need around the world.  One can only hope these people with significant money are donating a good percentage to philanthropy.  That is the only way I could sleep at night if I had Erika's lifestyle.  I also don't like the fact (is it a fact?) that she left her child while still young and that she proudly wears fur.   The fur wearing makes me think much less of her especially because she has an arrogance about it, like "I dare you to challenge me."  

But all in all, Erika gives me the house porn, wardrobe porn and beauty that I love seeing in reality TV.  I also love the real warmth of the moments in Kyle's life, they are a juxtaposition to Erika's superficial and cold life.    

Other than once or twice last season we really haven't seen anything of Erica's house except for her snatch squads secret hideout. She's given us the least. Compared to everyone else including that overgrown, cluttered mess of Eileen's.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, PickleDeeDee said:

I love house porn, wardrobe porn and party porn, but for some reason with Erika it's not satisfying, it's annoying (for me). Her home is big and expensive, but not pleasant or attractive, her wardrobe seems silly and her parties are ...well...lacking. 

I have not seen a tiny bit of philanthropy at all with EG/EJ. 

JMO.

• Love 6