Type keyword(s) to search

Dance Moms in the Media

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

never mind.... :)

RealityCowgirl, I'm not sure what your never mind was :(.

For the record, and posterity, lol, I want to assure everyone that I don't monitor social media like a stalker about this crew.  I just saw them pan the girls a few times last night as well as Abby Lee so I wanted to post about it.  Heh, it did lead me to be a little stalker-ish to find a photo though, since there wasn't anything yet posted anywhere about it.  Mainly, I wanted to note Kalani's presence, since she was up in the air about S6.  I don't know if it means a thing though.

RealityCowgirl, I'm not sure what your never mind was :(.

For the record, and posterity, lol, I want to assure everyone that I don't monitor social media like a stalker about this crew. I just saw them pan the girls a few times last night as well as Abby Lee so I wanted to post about it. Heh, it did lead me to be a little stalker-ish to find a photo though, since there wasn't anything yet posted anywhere about it. Mainly, I wanted to note Kalani's presence, since she was up in the air about S6. I don't know if it means a thing though.

Just rethinking a little outburst about the fact Nia was part of the group. :) Haven't watched the show in a season-plus, but following conversations along the way leaves me with great disappointment about parental decisions re children who clearly have not been treated well by the reason I no longer watch (ALM) - at least according to what others continue to report about the show.

Famewhores.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

Just rethinking a little outburst about the fact Nia was part of the group. :) Haven't watched the show in a season-plus, but following conversations along the way leaves me with great disappointment about parental decisions re children who clearly have not been treated well by the reason I no longer watch (ALM) - at least according to what others continue to report about the show.

Famewhores.

Gotcha!

Kendall has a small part in Todrick Hall's latest video. Of all the girls, I've always thought she was one of the prettiest, photogenic.  One thing about Todrick is that he when he works with someone, he tends to cast them over and over.  I liked the video he did ealier with the cast of the show.  

thought Maddie's step father lent her money to keep her out of bankruptcy

It was always clear that Abby went into Bankruptcy.  She seemed to get out of Bankruptcy fairly quickly, and maybe she did that with the assistance of some Sugar Daddy.

But the issue here is that she lied about how much or little money she had when she sought Bankruptcy protection.  She hid money that should have been used to pay her debts to people she owed.  She apparently chose to rip those people off by hiding three-quarters of a million dollars from the Bankruptcy Trustee and the from the Court.

I have to say, there's no one I'd like more to see in an XXXXL orange jumpsuit.

• Love 4

Couldn't happen to a better person.  Her mug was on Dancing with the Stars again Monday night - not as a judge, just sitting in the audience.  It still angered me.  Love the she was caught because the bankruptcy judge stumbled upon her show.

• Love 1

It was always clear that Abby went into Bankruptcy.  She seemed to get out of Bankruptcy fairly quickly, and maybe she did that with the assistance of some Sugar Daddy.

But the issue here is that she lied about how much or little money she had when she sought Bankruptcy protection.  She hid money that should have been used to pay her debts to people she owed.  She apparently chose to rip those people off by hiding three-quarters of a million dollars from the Bankruptcy Trustee and the from the Court.

I have to say, there's no one I'd like more to see in an XXXXL orange jumpsuit.

She also neglected to pay income taxes on that money she hid that's another Federal offense...  FWIW I just put this article on Twitter also 

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/feds-dance-moms-star-hid-show-income-bankruptcy-34470268

• Love 1

I'm just so thrilled with this.  I'm like a kid on Christmas morning!

Since at least some of the money that Abby is accused of hiding was payment for her reality shows, the U.S. Attorney can and probably will pull in Lifetime and the Production Company to reveal everything they know about payments, etc.  Hopefully even more trouble will shake out there.

And, to the extent that Abby had any lawsuits discharged by the Bankruptcy Court, I believe those cases can be resurrected if it's shown that the Bankruptcy discharge was completed by fraud.

• Love 1

When I posted the article & the indictment on Twitter earlier Maddie picked them up so I'll have to ck DanceMoms twitter pages to see what's happening 

Edited by Nana41

"Investigators also found emails from Miller to her accountant and a joint venture partner in 2013 with the subject line "LETS MAKE MONEY AND KEEP ME OUT OF JAIL," admonishing them to "not raise any red flags" and "DON'T PUT CASH IN THE BANK!!!," according to the indictment.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/14/us-people-abbyleemiller-idUSKCN0S825C20151014

Wow that was a really stupid thing to do.  Document your illegal plans on the internet where they will live forever.

The investigation began when a channel-surfing bankruptcy judge saw Miller on TV in December 2012 and figured she had to be making more than the $8,899 in monthly income she was claiming, according to the 20-count bankruptcy fraud indictment announced Wednesday by federal prosecutors in Pittsburgh.

That reminds me of Richard Hatch...another reality star that thought they could hide the fact that they were making money despite being on television.

Edited by KaveDweller

Oh I forgot about Richard Hatch.    So that's at least 3 reality stars busted for hiding income.

These people know the feds own tvs, have access to social media, etc. right?    I mean you put your whole life out there to be seen and they are SURPRISED they get caught?

• Love 1

Even though it's a well known fact that a Federal Prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, it sure looks like Ms. Miller is headed for a serious fall.  750K is a lot of money to hide from a bankruptcy court and there appear to be very incriminating documents showing clear intent on her part.  Could Collins possibly be pushing on with another season in view of this? They may prove to be complicit and wouldn't that shake the orange tree? Would Lifetime even consider a renewal now.  And of course the biggest questions are: 

- Will Melissa be able to detach her lips from Abby's derriere? What kind of solvent will she have to use?

- Will Netflix be producing a new series called  "Plus Size is the New Black" (alternate title: Moo Moos are the New Black)?

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 3

Even though it's a well known fact that a Federal Prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, it sure looks like Ms. Miller is headed for a serious fall.  750K is a lot of money to hide from a bankruptcy court and there appear to be very incriminating documents showing clear intent on her part.  Could Collins possibly be pushing on with another season in view of this? They may prove to be complicit and wouldn't that shake the orange tree? Would Lifetime even consider a renewal now.  And of course the biggest questions are: 

- Will Melissa be able to detach her lips from Abby's derriere? What kind of solvent will she have to use?

- Will Netflix be producing a new series called  "Plus Size is the New Black" (alternate title: Moo Moos are the New Black)?

The ONLY thing that could possibly make this better is if there's a way to rope in those asses at Collins in some way.

A fantasy perhaps, but a most satisfying one....

:))))))))

"Investigators also found emails from Miller to her accountant and a joint venture partner in 2013 with the subject line "LETS MAKE MONEY AND KEEP ME OUT OF JAIL," admonishing them to "not raise any red flags" and "DON'T PUT CASH IN THE BANK!!!," according to the indictment.

Now this must just be the internet fucking with me.

Because, if true, this is the kind of thing that tends to make U.S. Attorneys unwilling and (politically) unable to be generous when it comes to plea negotiations.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure you can't wear big rhinestones or big plastic bangle bracelets in jail. Oh, and no hairspray.

Ordinarily I don't like finding joy in someone's misfortune...and I'm not extremely joyful over this, but karma is a bitch. I'd love to have been with Christi or Kelly when they heard the news.

• Love 2

If the Martha Stewart empire can fall so can the likes of Abby Lee Miller.  Didn't Martha teach some of the other inmates how to crochet or something?  Maybe Abby can teach her fellow inmates how to dance. 

Also, I believe she sent the emails because she thought she was invincible.

If the Martha Stewart empire can fall so can the likes of Abby Lee Miller.  Didn't Martha teach some of the other inmates how to crochet or something?  Maybe Abby can teach her fellow inmates how to dance. 

It would be just like The Producers where Leo Bloom and Max Bialystock put on the musical in SIng Sing State Prison.  Abby can produce a dance recital and like Leo and Max she can sell shares of the show way beyond 100% but she's such a dumb-ass that she would get caught and have another 10 years added to her sentence. 

• Love 2
I'm assuming that the story about Melissa's husband getting Abby out of debt is an apocryphal tale...? Or did Abby take money from them while lying about her situation?

Maybe Melissa, the village idiot, and her squeeze did bail Abby out but once she started to see some real cash coming in, she decided to hide it from any other investors and debt holders.  I read that the Bankruptcy Judge himself may have initiated the DOJ investigation after the settlement because when he took another look at all of Abby's submissions, the numbers didn't add up and he got very suspicious.  Good on you Your Honor.

• Love 1

She reportedly asked companies to make checks payable to other parties, including her mother.

I think there's at least a 50-50 chance the Melissa is one of those "other parties"

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 1

I'm reading through the indictment and it's scathing.  Not only did Abby make her bankruptcy counsel look like a complete fool by hiding her assets from him but in a particularly disgusting piece of business, had Collins issue large checks to her mother which Abby then used as a personal piggy bank.  Either the Collins Ave. people are total buffoons and incompetents or they issued those checks to Mrs. Miller with, if not a certainty, a pretty good idea that she was being used as a front by Abby to shelter those funds from disclosure.  Just sickening.  I took note of how many times the term "scheme" appears in the indictment.  It seems to fit ALM to a tee.

• Love 4

I'm reading through the indictment and it's scathing.  Not only did Abby make her bankruptcy counsel look like a complete fool by hiding her assets from him but in a particularly disgusting piece of business, had Collins issue large checks to her mother which Abby then used as a personal piggy bank.  Either the Collins Ave. people are total buffoons and incompetents or they issued those checks to Mrs. Miller with, if not a certainty, a pretty good idea that she was being used as a front by Abby to shelter those funds from disclosure.  Just sickening.  I took note of how many times the term "scheme" appears in the indictment.  It seems to fit ALM to a tee.

I can't believe a company would just issue checks under someone else's name. Isn't that just out right fraud?

And it probably would put her mother in legal trouble as well, if she was still alive.

I can't believe a company would just issue checks under someone else's name. Isn't that just out right fraud?

And it probably would put her mother in legal trouble as well, if she was still alive.

And that is what make's Abby's alleged actions beyond reprehensible. Her beloved and, at that point, probably ill mother could have had some 'splainin to do to the IRS.  Of course Abby is all about Abby so it was probably entirely normal for her.  Frankly this woman deserves whatever is coming to her if she is convicted of or cops a plea to any of the numerous counts in the indictment.

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 2

So I guess she's not producing Kendall's next music video? But it's Kendall's week!!

In in honor of that maybe the Feds can arrest Jill!  I suspect that it's not going to be anyone's week after yesterday's events.  If the season is cancelled, whatever will these foolish, delusional women do?

• Love 3

p. 16 - Told Collins to withhold checks so she wouldn't have money to put into the debtor's account and said the tv show was about publicity and not for pay.

Remember the articles a few months back where she was claiming that she didn't know if there would be another season as she was still owed money - she actually told the truth then but only because she told them to hold it.

Christy and Kelly must be jumping for joy - but I do feel bad for the girls and the moms - especially the newer ones.

p. 16 - Told Collins to withhold checks so she wouldn't have money to put into the debtor's account and said the tv show was about publicity and not for pay.

Uh oh!  Weasel Boy Jeff Collins could be in for a world of hurt if Abby actually gave him the reason for withholding checks and he did.  In effect he could be an accomplice to Abby's stated intention to circumvent the bankruptcy process.  And it just keeps getting better.

• Love 1

I'd love to see those sleazy producers implicated. I don't feel bad for any girls or moms, new or old, either - not like any of them deserve or "earned" any of that money. Abby lucks out and starts making a windfall of extra money, and she doesn't fess up and pay what she owes? That's just not cool. I'm wondering who her primary creditors were in the bankruptcy proceeding? Wonder if they were banks and credit card types, or private individuals/small businesses? If the latter she is even more dispicable.

• Love 1

The Bankruptcy Judge said that he got suspicious while he was channel surfing at various times and saw commercials for the various TV shows that Abby was involved with.  It may be a supreme irony that all of that attention and fame that Abby so desperately craved may have set in motion the very process that could have her wearing an orange jump suit with the letters DOJ on its back.

• Love 3

If Collins Ave. did indeed pay Abby's mother over $51,000 at her request, they may have knowingly aided and abetted tax evasion.  That money was paid where no services were actually rendered for the purpose of hiding income which was supposed to go to Abby.  You have to wonder if the IRS may want to get in on the fun and file charges against Miller and Collins Ave. as well.  Wouldn't it be just grand to see Abby and Jeff Collins seated at the defendant's table in a federal district courtroom?

Forbes had a good article comparing this case to that of another pair of reality stars:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2015/10/14/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-miller-accused-of-hiding-income-indicted-on-fraud-charges/

• Love 2

Well, I imagine that there may be more charges against other individuals coming if there is sufficient evidence. But I'm thinking there was some cooperation with the gov't (with the third parties) if the gov't was able to get the stuff they did in the indictment. Who knows.I

It would be beyond amusing if Melissa, under pressure from the US Attorney, rolled over on Abby behind closed doors.  The delicious possibilities in this case are plentiful, I'm sure.  There could be a lot of dirty hands in this deal.