Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I heard no fan vote this year either. It's a fun way to get to see the girls but probably not a great way to judge them when they're wiped out from back to back 12 hour days. As someone else said, it's not a true reflection of who fans want in TC, it's a social media contest.

20 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Chenise Johnson! She's going to finals, I think she needs a bit of a makeover but she is a fabulous dancer in my opinion.

Agree! She is fun to watch!

The fan vote may not have been a true reflection of fan choice and more about social media popularity/savvy, but I'm with those who liked the advanced glimpse of the rookie candidates. It's what first put DCCs like Mary, Heather H, and Heather O on my radar. I also liked actually getting to see some of the girls dance who didn't end up being shown dancing on the show. Plus, it did kind of reveal which returning candidates had or had not improved significantly in their choreo retention or "performance power and projection." Sigh. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, M1977G said:

The fan vote may not have been a true reflection of fan choice and more about social media popularity/savvy, but I'm with those who liked the advanced glimpse of the rookie candidates. It's what first put DCCs like Mary, Heather H, and Heather O on my radar. I also liked actually getting to see some of the girls dance who didn't end up being shown dancing on the show. Plus, it did kind of reveal which returning candidates had or had not improved significantly in their choreo retention or "performance power and projection." Sigh. 

Agree. I've loved the fan vote for that reason every year. Not because of the actual voting aspect, but it helped me pick my candidates to watch each season. I'm really disappointed that we aren't getting videos of the combo this year, and it's actually a good combo this time around! Sigh.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree. I've loved the fan vote for that reason every year. Not because of the actual voting aspect, but it helped me pick my candidates to watch each season. I'm really disappointed that we aren't getting videos of the combo this year, and it's actually a good combo this time around! Sigh.

Im bummed too, I used the fan vote videos to do my own kind of judging thing. Watching them and recording my thoughts and opinions and then comparing to who actually makes the team. Like you said, it's a good way to get to know the girls and their style. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LurkingFan said:

Hello forum. Long time lurker here (hence the nickname..) I've followed this forum for about year and a half, but never got the courage to join until now.... ;D

Ansley is very cute, but I'm pretty sure in one of the DCC twitter videos from auditions you can see her (second right to left) and her kicks are super low for what DCC wants...

Yeah you are right about Ansley!! I figured they loved her because she was one of their featured pics BUT her kicks were terrible. 

38 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

I heard no fan vote this year either. It's a fun way to get to see the girls but probably not a great way to judge them when they're wiped out from back to back 12 hour days. As someone else said, it's not a true reflection of who fans want in TC, it's a social media contest.

Agree! She is fun to watch!

She's beautiful, in shape, and energetic, but Judy will murder her lack of technique. 

• Love 3

I like her too! She is really fun to watch. I almost don't even care if she's doing the dance well. She just looks like she's having fun in a totally UN-self-conscious way, like she'd be having that much fun whether you were watching her or not. It's a big contrast to some of the other videos that seem like "Look how cute I am, do you see this? Do you see how cute I'm being right now? Look at this sexy move I'm about to do right here. Did you see that? Wasn't that sexy?"

• Love 4

Guys do keep in mind that if you disagree with someone there is no reason you have to feel you should "respond" in thread. Just keep scrolling and put the person on ignore. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

If you're talking about the girl in red, that is current TRD Joi!

oh shoot! sorry! i didn't realize there were a couple more pics in the collection...it's girl featured in pic 40...though she is right behind Joi in that last pic. (Joi also has great kicks!) She's in blue. 

1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

oh shoot! sorry! i didn't realize there were a couple more pics in the collection...it's girl featured in pic 40...though she is right behind Joi in that last pic. (Joi also has great kicks!) She's in blue. 

Oh wow not sure who she is! Love her outfit!!

21 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks @ShellyB.  What's been the greatest # of vets that have reauditioned and made it in squad history (do you know?)?

This year may be one of the largest number of returning Vets. I have to rack my brain to think of when all the Vets made it back to Training Camp....definitely within the last 5-10 years. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Does anyone have a definitive yes or no on the fan vote? I know it's been brought up a couple of times, but wanted to know for sure.

No fan vote this season! 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me why? Just curious. 

Maybe because of the past few winners? Maybe because only one winner went on to become a DCC? Maybe family and friends were voting to help certain girls get in who quite frankly would not have made it into TC without the fan vote. To me, it was like a high school popularity contest. Plus the fact, in my opinion, a girl should make TC on her own merits, not because family and friends voting her into TC.

I'm glad -- the fan vote is so stupid.  It only rewards the girl who goes out and gets the most saps to vote for her, it's no reflection of the talent level of these girls.

• Love 7

No fan vote is disappointing. It was fun. I don't think it ever knocked a better candidate out of training camp, or pushed a bad one onto the team. 

I guess I always saw it as a fun, interactive marketing tool, not anything that actually mattered or had any weight as to who made the team. So I'm disappointed, but will survive.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

This year may be one of the largest number of returning Vets. I have to rack my brain to think of when all the Vets made it back to Training Camp....definitely within the last 5-10 years. 

Season 5 had all the returning vets making it to TC, but Amy R. was cut in TC. Season 8 I think had 30 vets trying out again, but three were cut at finals, Courtney Cook left before TC started and of course, Chelsea was cut during TC.

I want to say Dj EJ had pics but I'm not sure if it was semi finals or finals that he had.

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm glad -- the fan vote is so stupid.  It only rewards the girl who goes out and gets the most saps to vote for her, it's no reflection of the talent level of these girls.

True, but I loved watching all the audition videos and picking my favorites before the season starts.  

• Love 5

Awww, I'm bummed there's no Fan Vote this season. It was the only way I could see the finalists dance. I used the FV videos as a way to choose my favorites to keep an eye on when/if they made it to TC.

• Love 3
(edited)

The photographer should have at least attempted to make sure the pictures were in focus, not good quality at all, maybe we'll have better shots come finals this weekend. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm so glad they shared these! So glad, that I am trying to feel nothing but gratitude. (Gritting my teeth hard against any comments about the quality of the photography.)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

Yes! Randi from Elko was the assistant coach of my daughter's high school dance team. Beautiful girl, great dancer, former Miss Nevada, current AAIA. She was cut after semis the past two years. Hopefully this will be her year!

• Love 1