Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

57 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Excited, but realistic me knows not to get too excited because they're probably still practicing rotating point. 

I'd be happy with the Kashara, Cersten, Lacey trio. Or Robin. All those girls are so likable and can dance!

Trying to wrap my mind around why Jenna and Holly aren't in a lot of these pics. Why is Jenna still in the dog house?

• Love 1

I don't think it's considered "doghouse" for not being point. Like Shelly said, people more thought into point that they really do. It's just practice as well so we really won't know where people fall until game day. Even during football season girls moved around (other than point). 

• Love 2
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I don't think it's considered "doghouse" for not being point. Like Shelly said, people more thought into point that they really do. It's just practice as well so we really won't know where people fall until game day. Even during football season girls moved around (other than point). 

I don't see either of them at all in a lot of the photos from Oxnard, not just not at point. 

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

There's photos of them posted on their Twitter?

Yes they were there but it looks like they were excluded from some activities which makes no sense for your most senior vet and one of your strongest dancers.

After the latest rumours Holly and Jenna posted a video singing along to "I don't know what you heard about me....but I'm a mother f*&@$r p.i.m.p."

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

After the latest rumours Holly and Jenna posted a video singing along to "I don't know what you heard about me....but I'm a mother f*&@$r p.i.m.p."

Where?

28 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Yes they were there but it looks like they were excluded from some activities which makes no sense for your most senior vet and one of your strongest dancers.

Classy. I get being young and stupid and cutting loose, but sheesh, that's a big f* you to Kelli, Charlotte, and the almighty contract. I don't care what the circumstances are, or who's saying what about them, you don't act like that when your employer has standards of behavior you're supposed to live up to. They're two of "America's Sweethearts" with THAT crap on the internet?!?!

Please.

If they're too grown to have their momma's yank a knot in their tails, then I hope Kelli puts a boot to them and shows them to the door. They do have cuts to make still.

They wouldn't be the first great dancers, and they sure as heck won't be the LAST to have the infamous "Left Squad" where their name should be.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bigbird35 said:

Oh my gosh, you don't like Christina??? I ADORE her! She reminds me so much of me when I was younger and danced. I always struggled with flexibility and have actually gotten better as I've gotten older. Unfortunately I had the flu recently and am suffering from Bell's palsy. Really hoping it goes away soon!

Oh gosh that sounds awful, hope you feel better soon.

• Love 2

I don't know much about Miranda other than the obvious situation she has going on. She's very pretty though, hope she makes it! 

I think Christina is super cute with her new hair, just hoping her kicks are DCC style. Not sure why people seem to dislike her, she seems sweet.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't know much about Miranda other than the obvious situation she has going on. She's very pretty though, hope she makes it! 

I think Christina is super cute with her new hair, just hoping her kicks are DCC style. Not sure why people seem to dislike her, she seems sweet.

Must totally suck moose knuckles to be kicked off the team near the end of season. By all accounts, Miranda is a great dancer. She has great hair!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Must totally suck moose knuckles to be kicked off the team near the end of season. By all accounts, Miranda is a great dancer. She has great hair!

I can't imagine being kicked off so close making the team and then having to see it on tv like Amy last year.  I really hope birth Miranda and Christina make it,  though I have to say a perverse little part of me wants desperately if Christina gets cut that she'll tell Kelli and Judy to go suck moose knuckles

• Love 4

I can't stop thinking about national lampoon now. Imagine if the girls walked into ATT stadium on the last day and Phil was like "sorry folks, stadium's closed. The Moose out front should have told you."

in all seriousness I have no idea the dccs who are left. I do kind of want to make a spreadsheet during the first episode with my ratings for them.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I can't stop thinking about national lampoon now. Imagine if the girls walked into ATT stadium on the last day and Phil was like "sorry folks, stadium's closed. The Moose out front should have told you."

in all seriousness I have no idea the dccs who are left. I do kind of want to make a spreadsheet during the first episode with my ratings for them.

After watching old seasons on the CMT app I'm with you on the spreadsheet is to keep track of the TCCs bc there are always girls don't feature and I have no idea who they are 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not the last night...training camp officially goes until the first home game. We have several more weeks. 

Now I'm really confused. What's considered the first "home game"? Is it the first (not pre-season) game vs. New York on Sept. 10?

If the squad photo is slated for Aug. 22 (which could certainly change), they have to know by then who made the final squad. That's also three pre-season games in, if you count the Hall of Fame Bowl on Aug. 3.

Does this mean they're letting TCCs cheer in pre-season games without knowing if they've made the team or not? Or keeping them as alternates?

I'm truly not trying to be a pain in the butt so I apologize if it appears that I am.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not the last night...training camp officially goes until the first home game. We have several more weeks. 

First home game? Really? I thought it always ended a wk or so before the game according to how CMT portrayed it.

• Love 3

I thought training camp officially ended once the team was selected. It would be weird tocontinue training camp after they've officially "made the team."

9 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I thought training camp officially ended once the team was selected. It would be weird tocontinue training camp after they've officially "made the team."

That's not what she's getting at. I think we're all wondering if training camp ends (aka team announcement) before the preseason game next week. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Wow, you would think she would know better.  What was she thinking??!!  That's just messed up.

27 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Wow, you would think she would know better.  What was she thinking??!!  That's just messed up.

I thought Holly was looking a little rough lately. Jenna just gets on my nerves, but they can dance. They'll never cut those two.

i don't dislike Christina or Miranda. I'm just surprised they're still around. 

I can't wait to see them dance...my fave at the beginning was Lauren..with the Farah hair, and I know she made show group!  Maybe Christina has truly improved?!

When DCC Kelsey Bond 1st auditioned, she was a brunette and seemed to have a very timid personality, and didn't make it.  Yes, I call her DCC Kelsey because she still has her handle! But she is beautiful and was a great asset to the team.  Loved Danielle too.  Cant' wait for the show, but may be behind in watching due to my schedule, however the critiques are the best part. (Ours)

• Love 1

Remember last year, the family and friends event...based on what I saw on the show,  they did not reveal the locker room with photos and name tags and stuff until after that first performance,  that was strange to me, where did they get dressed and change into show group yoonies? This is probably the wrong thread for that so I will turn to the team, making the team.  I am so excited there will be more episodes. I would love to see another show partially showing preparing for the pink half time BCA performance  and giving us a glimpse of the beloved Alumni front recent years.   --hint  hint.  I was so pleased when they updated most of the routine with new costumes and music. ? I just want to know who makes the team before the show airs and I sooooooooooooo  totally am hoping, since I do not have CMT, that the music they replace the original music with, is way better than before. When I preorder the entire season from Amazon it becomes available already with different music. Last year wasn't great but I could at least watch it, seasons 9, and 10 are completely ruined because of the terrible, cheesy, outdated, doesn't match the rhythm of the dancing, is poorly edited and causes me to not even stand to watch it ,....... music.   LOL 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I can share why I dislike her - she came off as whining and full of excuses about her hamstring and why her kicks were so low. She said she didn't have pain in her splits, so Kelly didn't understand why she wasn't getting her legs up. And she was all but but but but about it.

She also came across (to me) as bragging about her extensive dance background, yet didn't seem to get the DCC style or have that extra pop about her. She just rubbed me the wrong way from start to finish. 

She seemed like someone who talks more about how hard they work instead of putting their head down and actually doing the work like Mackenzie Lee or some others we've seen over the years. I just didn't care for her attitude. 

I do like that she seemed to have stepped back the last couple of years to work on what she needed to work on, and she's clearly come back with more success. Since she's still in camp, she's likely vastly improved her attitude and kicks, and I hope to see that when the season airs. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

That's not what she's getting at. I think we're all wondering if training camp ends (aka team announcement) before the preseason game next week. 

Training camp ends with the first home game...usually the first preseason home game. HoF is not a "home" game and only Vets are attending. Technically cuts can be made any time throughout the season, they are not exclusive to TC. The scheduling of the squad photo doesn't make or break announcement of the team. Remember that you see a very condensed timeline of what we actually cover in 2 1/2-3 months. In a perfect world, I suppose K & J would  have everything scheduled in an easy to follow order. But, some things are out of their control and have to be scheduled around...ending with the right team for the season. 

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Training camp ends with the first home game...usually the first preseason home game. HoF is not a "home" game and only Vets are attending. Technically cuts can be made any time throughout the season, they are not exclusive to TC. The scheduling of the squad photo doesn't make or break announcement of the team. Remember that you see a very condensed timeline of what we actually cover in 2 1/2-3 months. In a perfect world, I suppose K & J would  have everything scheduled in an easy to follow order. But, some things are out of their control and have to be scheduled around...ending with the right team for the season. 

Thanks, Shelly! I appreciate the clarification.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, DCCfan27 said:

So is this right? 

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

Yep, there's question on Taryn because she was crossed out on Kelli's page but still in practice per instagram. I know nothing about these tccs but she's so adorable I hope she's still in the game. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Ooooh! Interesting. I don't see Holly or Jenna at all - or Jinelle, but she could be behind Lacey. Looks like there are 2 or vets who cannot be seen on that side of the formation. This actually doesn't look like 36 girls, but I can't tell how tight they are in the back. What's most shocking is how few senior vets there are on the team this year. I already knew that but its glaring here with no Jenna, Erica, or Jinelle in sight.   

• Love 1

If Celinda got cut again she must not have improved. Wonder why Kelli took her back a 2nd time. If Christina is still in TC she must have improved or else they're hanging onto her to see if she does. Could be like with Amy where they claimed to have given her every chance until the end.

• Love 1

Thanks, @kalibean, for your thoughtful opinion of why you didn't care for Christina :)  Regarding this...

16 hours ago, kalibean said:

She also came across (to me) as bragging about her extensive dance background, yet didn't seem to get the DCC style or have that extra pop about her.

I understand what you're saying, but I never saw it as bragging, I more saw it as frustration, as in "I've been dancing for years and years & I think I'm a good dancer, so what the hell is it about THIS that I can't seem to get it!" 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

If Celinda got cut again she must not have improved. Wonder why Kelli took her back a 2nd time. If Christina is still in TC she must have improved or else they're hanging onto her to see if she does. Could be like with Amy where they claimed to have given her every chance until the end.

Over the years, I think I found wisdom in that it was their choice (the girl) to audition again and was seen to have improved in auditions.  So I would take a chance on that person and then she has memory problems, can't pick up choreography quickly, weight issues, doesn't look right in the uniform etc.  Like Kelli has said, we don't have the time and perhaps that person might have improved over 6 months to a year.  Some of us just can't see us as others do.  I thought I was great in marching band but was made an alternate!  Clearly I must have been out of step with others!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, missmansfield said:

do you know what this was about i thought DCC had high standards but i know rumor mills are everywhere  i cant find anything about them singing or what the rumor was 

18 minutes ago, luvboo said:

do you know what this was about i thought DCC had high standards but i know rumor mills are everywhere  i cant find anything about them singing or what the rumor was 

You'll have to go a few pages back since this thread moves so fast, but rumors began months ago or maybe even last season that Jenna was dating Dak, Holly was dating somebody. Then they were seen (with other DCCs and TCCs though not named) at a club with players, thoiugh they weren't mingling or there together. Then someone said they posted on Insta stories (temporary videos on their Instagram pages, they disappear after 24hours) that they were singing to a vulgar song. 

3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Over the years, I think I found wisdom in that it was their choice (the girl) to audition again and was seen to have improved in auditions.  So I would take a chance on that person and then she has memory problems, can't pick up choreography quickly, weight issues, doesn't look right in the uniform etc.  Like Kelli has said, we don't have the time and perhaps that person might have improved over 6 months to a year.  Some of us just can't see us as others do.  I thought I was great in marching band but was made an alternate!  Clearly I must have been out of step with others!

They said Celinda was "too drill team" last year.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Thanks, @kalibean, for your thoughtful opinion of why you didn't care for Christina :)  Regarding this...

I understand what you're saying, but I never saw it as bragging, I more saw it as frustration, as in "I've been dancing for years and years & I think I'm a good dancer, so what the hell is it about THIS that I can't seem to get it!" 

I can see that too. I think it's hard for a lot of these women who were the rock stars in their respective studios and/or dance teams, and then they just can't get it. There have been amazing technical dancers that get the boot every year.  I don't know that Christina was that amazing dancer, but she clearly has a lot of pride in the talent she has and the classes she taught, so that has to be super frustrating. 

I'm not too set in my ways for a redemption story ? And her short hair IS super cute. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Colinda always reminded me not in looks, but in dancing of Ashley Paige. Very rigid in the neck/shoulder area.

omg.  Ashley Paige.  Girlfriend shoulda watched the show then taken some i dunno modern dance or ballet, something with grace and smoothness to loosen her up....  She totally looked like a DCC - she just didn't move like one...

• Love 2
Just now, ByTor said:

Oh ok...I assumed Rangerette because of the "drill team" comment.

Me too! I just googled Celinda DCC and her profile came up with "Former Texas Legends Dancer"